Sign in to follow this  
hagar

Phowa

Don't know much about it, but I do know its been an issue between the teachings of M. Winn and M. Chia. From what I remember, Michael feels its dangerous and a good way to leave the body for good, gives example of healthy Tibeaten adept dieing while doing this. Chia does it and then brings it back in. Michael says you don't (or might not?) get it all back. I believe there is an article still on HT, the "The Confusion on Fusion" or something like that. I personally don't think its a good idea...

From what I recall of the "Tibetan book of living and dying". the phowa practice is for someone who hasn't been able to realize the source in their lifetime. At the moment of death they are taught to surrender to the higher power (the light) when it comes and be still so they do not scatter and be rebirthed into the world. Surrendering and forgiving oneself is paramount.

This practice is administered by a skilled tibetan monk in the case that one has not had the necessary training to carry it out themselves.

Well this is what I recall.

Chia per Winn incorporated a version of a phowa practice into fusion whereby the pearl is shot out of the crown. This is a controversial topic in HT. Personally, there is no reason to go out to discover what is inside except that when one sends energy out it can come back multiplied. However, this does not seem to be the point of shooting ones consciousness vigerously out of the body...

Inner Peace,

Matt

Its part of the Six Yogas of Naropa system. Reference "Tsongkhapa's Six...". The pre-requisites are extensive, the skill level is very far along.

Sign in to follow this