Sign in to follow this  

self-tyrnny

hello friends!

Nietzche suggested that stoicism is, in essence, self-tyranny. .. I would agree.

To avoid stoicism is to be hedonistic-- which could be deduced as 'slavery unto the heart'... ie, slave to ones whimsical passions.

Ive decided that to be stoic is to be slave to the intellect, and thusly, the ego. To be slave to the heart, I have deduced, is to be slave to the soul.

So I have decided that there is no greater crime than to deny the whimsical passions of the soul for the sober passions of the intellect.

n fact I haev decided that the stoic, egoic intellect serves no greater purpose than to shackle the passions of the heart.

This is anxiety, this is worry, this is restraint, this is neurosis-- but first and foremost, this is denial.

in practical terms relevant to the context of this forum, this means that rigid practice, scheduled practice is counterproductive in the spiritual practice. The verymoment your practice becomes chore is the moment it no longer serves the soul-- but instead the ego.

It is important for the men of the forum to consider the practice of semen retention after following these lines of reason.

The pursuit of power is the pursuit of ego. a trap I fall into more consistantly than any other. the ability to act on the whimsical instincts of the heart, without regret, is far more important than the ability to... do whatever it is qigong power-mongers do.

gosh, you know... I thought Isounded so smart when i typed thatup... and then when I reread it, I didnt come across that way at all.... lol :P

• Thanks 1

gosh, you know... I thought Isounded so smart when i typed thatup... and then when I reread it, I didnt come across that way at all.... lol :P

You're definately onto something major, here, though you're conclusions need polishing. It's a tricky and deep area, and worth long term study.

I see it as related to the endocrine system, the nerve plexuses, and the energetic centers. Seven chakras are too much for me to sort out, so I usually take a reference of what I feel to be the three major: wisdom, love, power. (Upper, middle, lower.)

Here's one reference, "center based shen theory".

Also, the Gurdjieff people get really into this, and Ouspensky's The Fourth Way talks about it.

I think that a lot of neurosis are a result of the centers being too far out of agreement. And, yup, has huge implications for things going awry with the sexual practices. - and I don't think it's been sufficiently, accurately, seriously enough addressed by... anyone, that I know of.

All this to say, You've hooked a whopper of a topic. :)

fight2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this