Sign in to follow this  
Flolfolil

Head pressure reduction techniques suddenly not working?

It was a long road getting rid of pressure in my head for me, but several months ago i learned techniques for lowering it completely. Placing the tongue in a certain spot, walking barefoot, not worrying about it, LDT focus, putting attention on other things, even just jerking it. All of these techniques used to work.

But now my head pressure is back. The techniques don't work anymore. i had done no energy practice for a month or two and then after 2 days of Kunlun and meditation - BAM! Extreme head pressure.

Of course, if there are other techniques for lowering it i am definitely interested. But this isn't what this thread is about. i more want to know if head pressure is ever a necessary part of any practices, and if it is a sign of blockages clearing or if it is just altogether a negative thing? It doesn't feel very positive, that's for sure. So why the sudden inability to lower?

Of course, if there are other techniques for lowering it i am definitely interested. But this isn't what this thread is about. i more want to know if head pressure is ever a necessary part of any practices, and if it is a sign of blockages clearing or if it is just altogether a negative thing? It doesn't feel very positive, that's for sure. So why the sudden inability to lower?

Do you have to figure out the very last straw that broke the camel's back?

You have head pressure problem. That's bad. I don't know any system that utilizes the headache.

Kunlun isn't a water method.

Can you do crane neck? How's your spine? Do you do any breathing excercise (qi gong or running)?

No it isnt a sign of blockages clearing. Its a sign of energy stuck in the head.

You shouldnt have to keep lowering it.

It shouldnt get stuck there in the first place so frequently that you have to keep on finding techniques for lowering it.

Your teacher should be able to help you, as s/he knows you in person and knows your system.

the problem with that is that i learned from a book and don't have a few hundred dollars for a seminar. i don't do any breathing exercises other than simple belly breathing. Crane neck??

One simple thing Bruce Frantzis brings up in his books/DVDs/seminars is making sure the occiput stays open. This is the place where the base of the skull meets the top of the neck. In most people this is clamped down pretty hard, especially when you consider how many people hunch forward (like while sitting at a computer desk).

Even when reclining, many people have this area pretty tense/clamped down. Same with when they "sit straight" when they "meditate"!

So people might hear the suggestion to "press the head upwards" or even to "tuck the chin" (just a little bit, maybe closer to "round the chin/front of the throat"). Maybe even tilt the head forward a little bit. Whatever advice you hear, one effect is to open the occiput.

This lets fluids and energy circulate safely out of the head.

Keep an eye on this throughout the day, and see if that helps.

Another big source of pressure in the head is the "eyes". Try to relax the eyes throughout the day (or if possible, the energy gate behind the eyes). Since we live in such a visual dominated society, all those images can really build up some tension and pressure. So release that.

Bruce talks about these places in his book "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body" (which in case you haven't noticed, I recommend in about 87% of cases)

Another source of tension (and that may or may not result in head pressure) is the jaw. You can relax/dissolve the jaw (dissolving taught in Energy Gates book) and that may help as well.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 2

oh yeah and i am pretty much a couch potato so my spine isn't the best it has ever been

If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting.

You're a smart guy. You know the solution. you just need to excute it.

• Like 1

this one tells you heavenly drum and nice face massage stuff

do what ken tells you to do. there are lots of clips of him on youtube.

Edited by cat
  • Like 1

I have the exact same problem! Mine also returned suddenly after doing extensive work to get rid of it!

I wish I knew exactly what's wrong that it's always getting stuck there. I know for *sure* that extreme stress fills it right up. Feels like an inflated balloon in your head, right? Sometimes, part of it comes out and there are just these golfball or grapefruit sized balls of pressure radiating outward from the head.

I know it definitely has an effect on my cognition and it's been nearly half a year that I have had this. I don't know what damage, if any it has done. Wish someone had some definitive answers. :/

May I ask what sparked the issue for you in the first place?

Is it pain or just weird pressure sensations?

pressure that becomes pain whenever i remember it is there. i guess it could be considered more annoyance than pain but i use those as synonyms

From which kunlun book are you learning?

Are you doing any of the standing poses? If you're not, you really should consider integrating them--- they are part of the system for a reason. I-jong is particularly good at pulling energy down from the head.

Cat's suggestions are solid (and I can't speak for BK Frantzis).... and I'd add massaging the scalp, as well as massaging the ears (places palms over ears-- apply gentle pressure--- massage in circles).

You can also try inhaling from crown to ldt and then exhaling from ldt to the kidney-1 points on the soles of the feet.

You can also try laying on your back doing one-breath with right palm/over left on ldt with awareness in ldt.

You can also try sitting or standing comfortably while doing one-breath and visualizing yourself standing underneath a waterfall.

If all else fails......... get some exercise, stretch and take a break.

best.

balance.

Edited by balance.

1.From which kunlun book are you learning?

2.Are you doing any of the standing poses? If you're not, you really should consider integrating them--- they are part of the system for a reason. I-jong is particularly good at pulling energy down from the head.

3.You can also try laying on your back doing one-breath with right palm/over left on ldt with awareness in ldt.

4.You can also try sitting or standing comfortably while doing one-breath and visualizing yourself standing underneath a waterfall.

1. The newest one i believe

2. i can't do standing postures, or most stretches. the main reason i do the leg bouncing is because it relieves knee pain from improper yoga practice. i can't even sit cross legged to meditate, so i do all my meditation laying on my back with my knees elevated on pillows

3. hmm, i normally do left palm over right i guess i will have to try it the opposite way...

4. i actually do something like this. at the end of every shower i turn the water icy cold and let it run down my spine and follow that with my point of attention

Try this simple exercise:

Place each index finger at the base of each ear just behind the earlobe in the pocket that is naturally there.

As you take a deep breath in, add pressure to this area with each finger - press very hard or as hard as you can stand if it creates discomfort.

Hold it for a comfortable few seconds (maybe 4 or 5) and then release both your breath and finger pressure.

Repeat a few times.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting.

You're a smart guy. You know the solution. you just need to excute it.

So if he doesn't change it, that gives you a clue that it might be not that easy. Especially since he mentioned being depressed. You can't tell someone to stop being depressed. The skillful path is to have a positive effect on other people's lives when they can't help themselves without something external changing.

• Like 1

A fool who persists in his folly will become wise.

So if he doesn't change it, that gives you a clue that it might be not that easy. Especially since he mentioned being depressed. You can't tell someone to stop being depressed. The skillful path is to have a positive effect on other people's lives when they can't help themselves without something external changing.

If you stop doing qigong for 2 months your channels will become dirty/blocked need to be recleaned etc.

Also great advice about tilting the head forward, I realise that contributes to my lack of groundedness sometimes..cheers..:)

So it could be due to: allergies, trigger points in levator scapula and trapezius muscles or occipitofrontalis muscles (top of head muscles over skull), Kundalini...

It's a quick search....do this: Do you have allergies? yes/no?

IS your upper back sore? (between the shoulder blades? around the neck/shoulders?) - search for trigger points pulling on myofascia that pull on the net affecting the sen lines (thai for meridians) affecting occipitofrontalis muscles (called 'referral')...

Is the pain in your muscles, the meninges, or the brain? If you localize it for me I might be able to figure it out...used to do acupressure/trigger point/massage..

If its in the brain itself, it could be Kundalini stuff going on - weird pressures indicate work being done...then, just let it be -nothing you can do about it really (as far as I know).

So if he doesn't change it, that gives you a clue that it might be not that easy. Especially since he mentioned being depressed. You can't tell someone to stop being depressed.

Flolfolil, stop being depressed. Sorry, I just did that. :)

I believe Flolfolil has the capacity to rise above his own depression without help from anybody else.

The skillful path is to have a positive effect on other people's lives when they can't help themselves without something external changing.

Show me how it should be done your way. I might learn a few things.

i know that i can instantly bring myself out of depression if i want to, but i have problems with bottling up emotions. i think it would be wise for me to let it run its course. Also i have reasons to be depressed, and i think any attempt to stop being depressed is kinda futile if i don't make serious changes in my life. Shaving my full beard off seemed to help make strangers not look at me with such hate anymore :lol:

i know that i can instantly bring myself out of depression if i want to, but i have problems with bottling up emotions. i think it would be wise for me to let it run its course. Also i have reasons to be depressed, and i think any attempt to stop being depressed is kinda futile if i don't make serious changes in my life. Shaving my full beard off seemed to help make strangers not look at me with such hate anymore :lol:

they melted to your girlified self...you stopped scaring them with your manliness <wink wink>

they melted to your girlified self...you stopped scaring them with your manliness <wink wink>

i wish :lol: i seem to put off this aura of intimidation and i can't seem to shake it

Sign in to follow this