CrunchyChocolate555

Qigong induced damage.

Hi everyone,

I had an incident a few months back where, without sufficient knowledge, experience and preparation, incorrectly did a qigong energy manipulation practice (ejaculating up the spine) from which acutely triggered some strong negative physical, mental and emotional effects that I have not been able to resolve over the last 6 months.

I have been prescribed herbs, done acupuncture, completely changed my diet and lifestyle, exercise, tai chi, bagua, etc., and nothing has helped. I am quickly running out of options, and I'm starting to worry if I haven't done some serious permanent damage to my body.

I recall reading that incorrect energy practices may "damage" meridians, and provoke other kinds of lasting problems, and can only be corrected by very skilled qigong masters.

My question is, how do I go about finding such a master, and would they be able to help me?

You sent energy up the spine on ejaculation? That shouldn't be a problem at all.

If you were to elaborate on the practices you have been doing , in terms of qigong, perhaps we can find something out.

But you also must give specifics as to what you have been feeling since that day.

If its a bit personal, PM me, or email me: [email protected]

Peace and Blessings,
Lin

• Like 1

Yes, what happened is I ejaculated up the spine, but I am not sure I sent it up the "correct" channel. I felt it went on the anterior side of the spine or possibly even the central channel.

Either way, the immediate effects were very positive, I felt great, but about 30 minutes later, all of a sudden, I felt extremely, extremely sad/depressed/fearful, and I immediately knew something was wrong.

I know it would be easy to attribute this to post-ejaculation blues, but this was something a hundred fold more intense (the depression) than anything I had ever experienced before.

In addition to the emotional problems, entire regions of my body felt blocked (still do to this day), almost numb, including my throat and chest area, which made it very hard for me to talk and speak up. Mentally, I feel foggy and it's sometimes hard to put together sentences.

I have had bad depression before (years prior), and this pretty much put me right back there within half an hour for whatever reason.

Right now, I am much, much better, but I feel I have never fully recovered from that one incident. The blockages in my body and mental dullness have remained constant. Something just feels totally "off", though it's hard to pinpoint the problem.

Also, as a result, most every energy practice I do now does not work or make it worse. It's like there are entire regions (as I mentioned, especially chest and throat area) where no qi whatsoever can pass through. They just seem "dead"... as cheesy as it sounds, I have trouble feeling love, since I cannot feel much in my chest anymore.

I have NO idea what happened or why it caused such profound and lasting negative effects.

What I'm doing now is basically doing everything I can (in my power) to restore my health to it's maximum potential. But on an energetic level, I am still a complete mess.

All the TCM herbalists/acupuncturists I have seen have been able to identify some clear indicators and make a proper diagnostics of what is currently wrong with me (severe excess heat, excess phlegm, and liver qi stagnation), but are all stumped as to why the treatments have not helped.

My main acupuncturist said that this problem might be something that I needed to resolve on a karmic level.

At this point I would be willing to fly out to see an expert. I have considered Sifu Jenny Lamb, but she charges more than I make in a year. :/

You sent energy up the spine on ejaculation? That shouldn't be a problem at all.

If you were to elaborate on the practices you have been doing , in terms of qigong, perhaps we can find something out.

But you also must give specifics as to what you have been feeling since that day.

If its a bit personal, PM me, or email me: [email protected]

Peace and Blessings,
Lin

Edited by CrunchyChocolate555

Perhaps they are not treating it directly...perhaps with acupuncture. Anywho, no need to speculate...

I will write you in a few... in my office, a bit occupied. :)

Yes, what happened is I ejaculated up the spine, but I am not sure I sent it up the "correct" channel. I felt it went on the anterior side of the spine or possibly even the central channel.

Either way, the immediate effects were very positive, I felt great, but about 30 minutes later, all of a sudden, I felt extremely, extremely sad/depressed/fearful, and I immediately knew something was wrong.

I know it would be easy to attribute this to post-ejaculation blues, but this was something a hundred fold more intense (the depression) than anything I had ever experienced before.

In addition to the emotional problems, entire regions of my body felt blocked (still do to this day), almost numb, including my throat and chest area, which made it very hard for me to talk and speak up. Mentally, I feel foggy and it's sometimes hard to put together sentences.

I have had bad depression before (years prior), and this pretty much put me right back there within half an hour for whatever reason.

Right now, I am much, much better, but I feel I have never fully recovered from that one incident. The blockages in my body and mental dullness have remained constant. Something just feels totally "off", though it's hard to pinpoint the problem.

Also, as a result, most every energy practice I do now does not work or make it worse. It's like there are entire regions (as I mentioned, especially chest and throat area) where no qi whatsoever can pass through. They just seem "dead"... as cheesy as it sounds, I have trouble feeling love, since I cannot feel much in my chest anymore.

I have NO idea what happened or why it caused such profound and lasting negative effects.

What I'm doing now is basically doing everything I can (in my power) to restore my health to it's maximum potential. But on an energetic level, I am still a complete mess.

All the TCM herbalists/acupuncturists I have seen have been able to identify some clear indicators and make a proper diagnostics of what is currently wrong with me (severe excess heat, excess phlegm, and liver qi stagnation), but are all stumped as to why the treatments have not helped.

My main acupuncturist said that this problem might be something that I needed to resolve on a karmic level.

At this point I would be willing to fly out to see an expert. I have considered Sifu Jenny Lamb, but she charges more than I make in a year. :/

• Like 1

Ejaculating up the spine will not do harm. The sperm doesn't rise up, its the qi that will rise.

With that, it will not cause blockages no matter what channel it is moving through because Qi is non-discriminate, meaning it is simply just the same thing that is within the body, thus nothing foreign. I used to do this for years, and still do. Years meaning almost 20yrs.

There must have been issues before doing what you did. Perhaps lifestyle, long term affects from past habits, etc.

That would eventually cause liver qi stagnation, excessive phlegm, and toxic heat.

Foods like fried, spicy, salty would cause heat, over stimulate the liver and dampness. Coffee, black tea, milk (any dairy), Sodas, commercial fruit juices...all these would cause damp heat, especially coffee, and stimulate the liver, stomach, spleen and kidney qi. As a result, affecting the heart and lungs, intestines...al l going down the line eventually.

As of now, you experience what you do, stagnation due to damp heat. I'm sure there is more going on in there.

Sexually, do not release sperm, and no sexual stimulation will help, so refrain from that.

I would personally give you acupuncture, and fa gong, as it would immediately bring better feelings. Is all that you written all that you feel?

The herbs may not be strong enough if they are not working. Herbs work on the energy level, and are the next best thing to full on qigong practice, but are short one thing...mental application of the transforming of energy.

What to do then?

When I used to feel numb in areas, I would just inhale from the navel, crown and envision the energy filling up the body. DO not mind what channel, whatever, its not important. On the inhale and exhale, let the envisioned energy fill you up and imagine it flowing all throughout the body. Make it the color of light white/blue light. And just do it as long as you feel comfortable. While it is moving throughout the body, imagine the areas you feel uncomfortable in, being cleared up by the flowing energy.

Then bring your focus to the navel again, and take 3 sow and almost full, but not too full, deep breaths. Then stop.

In my younger days, I experienced numbness, pains, problems, etc..and utilized the mind to fix things all until I wasted too much energy on clearing away negative people in my life. So I took herbs to help things along the way, and no problems now. So any setbacks in practice, I will be familiar with.

Warm baths, and warm waters, herbs for your liver qi stagnation, and give it time. Sometimes, these things are just stages in practice, sometimes they are old problems finally coming to surface. They need time to change.

Peace and blessings,

Lin

P.S.- I would much rather treat you in person, but the best I can do is offer some advice. Forgive me if it brings you no results, for sometimes we are not ready, and or it is not our destiny/fate to utilize certain methods. I hope it brings you good results. I have others to offer, but I personally do not know your condition, and am not there to truly feel you out. Though I would do other means to help, I would rather not say if I am doing it or not :-P

• Like 4

If you are willing to fly out to China, all you need to worry about is your plane ticket and living expenses. I wouldn't charge you a dime for any treatment. One, because you are paying so much to get here. And two, I can not be sure you will have the completed karma to get better from what I would offer you. Though I would treat you daily till you had to return to your home, I can not give you a 100% guarantee that "I" can treat you and cure you. But I can honestly, and humbly do my best and all my power to do so.

At least you would see China.. lol

Either that, or you can hold out till August when I return to NY for a month. Then, I still wouldn't charge you for the treatment. I have my reasons, no need to discuss them.

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 6

Lomax can do distance healing, and his top students can as well.

Just a heads up.

Qigongamerica.com

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I had an incident a few months back where, without sufficient knowledge, experience and preparation, incorrectly did a qigong energy manipulation practice (ejaculating up the spine) from which acutely triggered some strong negative physical, mental and emotional effects that I have not been able to resolve over the last 6 months.

I have been prescribed herbs, done acupuncture, completely changed my diet and lifestyle, exercise, tai chi, bagua, etc., and nothing has helped. I am quickly running out of options, and I'm starting to worry if I haven't done some serious permanent damage to my body.

I recall reading that incorrect energy practices may "damage" meridians, and provoke other kinds of lasting problems, and can only be corrected by very skilled qigong masters.

My question is, how do I go about finding such a master, and would they be able to help me?

Why don't you find a real doctor and get your bloodwork done.

The basic pattern, concisely "stagnant heat", is typical of semen retention gone wrong. And at least portions of that pattern are present in every symptom that you've mentioned (past and present). I've been here since the beginning of this forum, and a similar e-forum prior... Men occasionally come through all messed up from attempted semen retention. It doesn't happen to everyone but it's not uncommon.

• Like 1

Thank you, 林愛偉, for your very generous offer. I really do appreciate it. And thank you for taking the time to write a very thorough and helpful reply.

I have gone through a couple of skilled acupuncturists, who have treated me with both herbs and needles, and the results have been minimal. Perhaps they were not the right herbs, or perhaps I did not get a sufficient number of treatments, but it seems that my problem is greater than any cookie-cutter TCM stuff can deal with.

I am specifically looking for a qigong master that can detect exactly what and where is wrong with me, and give me or prescribe a specific treatment to reverse my condition. I'm not being picky, it's just that I fear that in my case, anything less would simply not work. I immensely appreciate the people who have come offering TCM treatment for my issue, and I may consider taking up your offers.

I really hope I'm not coming across as a narcissistic prick- I know beggars can't be choosers, but it's just that I really need the assurance that if I fly in for treatment, that they have a track record for having treated this kind of thing before.

Any more recommendations would be highly appreciated, and again to those that have offered help- I appreciate it immensely. I don't have a lot of money so if I end up flying to another country I want to make sure I make the right decision.

Grateful to all of you.

PS: Trunk, I read some of your link, and found it extremely pertinent. I would really like someone like is written about in the quote below. That would just be able to pinpoint the exact problem and take care of it once and for all. :/

..., I was asked to stay behind with the translator and some of Sherfu’s students. Three weeks earlier Sherfu L found an imbalance in my kidneys. He didn’t make much of it, but suggested I take some herbs which he prepared the following day and said that he felt the imbalance was due to improper qigong practice. ... As a side, David said that many people who practice the Healing Dao methods end up with this type of imbalance. In any case, on the morning that Sherfu J tested us, as he passed his qi into my left side the qi began to pulse, stopping and starting in a kind of rhythm as my arm contracted and released. He said that I had a fairly serious blockage in my kidney area and would need to draw some of the stagnant blood out and prepare some special herbal pills. One of the members of our group had been through something very similar and having shared their story, prepared me to some degree for what I was about to experience. That afternoon Sherfu had me stand on his porch as he lanced the veins in the back of both my knees with a prong the size of a knitting needle what seemed like at least a half inch into the flesh. After he got the blood flowing he used his qi to push the affected blood out of my body. What came out of me was about a half pint of what looked like roof tar. It was literally black and thick like a paste. Sherfu said that if I hadn’t come to him, I would have been quite possibly hit with a stroke within the year. After the treatment I actually felt really good. I was given several large herbal “pills” to clear anything that was left in my system. ...

Edited by CrunchyChocolate555

Thank you, 林愛偉, for your very generous offer. I really do appreciate it. And thank you for taking the time to write a very thorough and helpful reply.

I have gone through a couple of skilled acupuncturists, who have treated me with both herbs and needles, and the results have been minimal. Perhaps they were not the right herbs, or perhaps I did not get a sufficient number of treatments, but it seems that my problem is greater than any cookie-cutter TCM stuff can deal with.

I am specifically looking for a qigong master that can detect exactly what and where is wrong with me, and give me or prescribe a specific treatment to reverse my condition. I'm not being picky, it's just that I fear that in my case, anything less would simply not work. I immensely appreciate the people who have come offering TCM treatment for my issue, and I may consider taking up your offers.

I really hope I'm not coming across as a narcissistic prick- I know beggars can't be choosers, but it's just that I really need the assurance that if I fly in for treatment, that they have a track record for having treated this kind of thing before.

Any more recommendations would be highly appreciated, and again to those that have offered help- I appreciate it immensely. I don't have a lot of money so if I end up flying to another country I want to make sure I make the right decision.

Grateful to all of you.

PS: Trunk, I read some of your link, and found it extremely pertinent. I would really like someone like is written about in the quote below. That would just be able to pinpoint the exact problem and take care of it once and for all. :/

..., I was asked to stay behind with the translator and some of Sherfus students. Three weeks earlier Sherfu L found an imbalance in my kidneys. He didnt make much of it, but suggested I take some herbs which he prepared the following day and said that he felt the imbalance was due to improper qigong practice. ... As a side, David said that many people who practice the Healing Dao methods end up with this type of imbalance. In any case, on the morning that Sherfu J tested us, as he passed his qi into my left side the qi began to pulse, stopping and starting in a kind of rhythm as my arm contracted and released. He said that I had a fairly serious blockage in my kidney area and would need to draw some of the stagnant blood out and prepare some special herbal pills. One of the members of our group had been through something very similar and having shared their story, prepared me to some degree for what I was about to experience. That afternoon Sherfu had me stand on his porch as he lanced the veins in the back of both my knees with a prong the size of a knitting needle what seemed like at least a half inch into the flesh. After he got the blood flowing he used his qi to push the affected blood out of my body. What came out of me was about a half pint of what looked like roof tar. It was literally black and thick like a paste. Sherfu said that if I hadnt come to him, I would have been quite possibly hit with a stroke within the year. After the treatment I actually felt really good. I was given several large herbal pills to clear anything that was left in my system. ...

The person referenced by Sean in your quote as "Sherfu J" is Dr. Jiang, my Shifu.

The hospital where he practices classical (pre-Cultural Revolution) Chinese medicine and medical qigong is in the Yellow Mountain district of Anhui province in mainland China (www.apricotforesthospital.com).

Edited by leandro
  • Like 1

No worries :-) Of course flying out would need some assurance. I don't have a large reference because I stopped treating with Fagong many years ago, publicly; only do it during my regular treatments. Tui Na and acupuncture references, sure. Yet I believe that you don't need to travel all the ways here, I was just opening the door for you. When I return to NY, if you are in the states, and not far away, perhaps a drive over, or I can drive to you, hopefully you were treated before hand.

I can send you to my good friend Dr. Roger Cao, I would call him a high level Lao Zhongyi (老中医). I will pm you his info. He can give you a diagnosis by your tongue pics, and with a thorough consultation, most likely via email, perhaps an herbal formula can help. He has helped me over the years, and is my student's herbal teacher, along with being one of th efirst few in NY to help establish the state wide regulations on Chinese Medicine...something like that.

Peace,

Lin

Grateful to all of you.

..., I was asked to stay behind with the translator and some of Sherfu’s students. Three weeks earlier Sherfu L found an imbalance in my kidneys. He didn’t make much of it, but suggested I take some herbs which he prepared the following day and said that he felt the imbalance was due to improper qigong practice. ... As a side, David said that many people who practice the Healing Dao methods end up with this type of imbalance. In any case, on the morning that Sherfu J tested us, as he passed his qi into my left side the qi began to pulse, stopping and starting in a kind of rhythm as my arm contracted and released. He said that I had a fairly serious blockage in my kidney area and would need to draw some of the stagnant blood out and prepare some special herbal pills. One of the members of our group had been through something very similar and having shared their story, prepared me to some degree for what I was about to experience. That afternoon Sherfu had me stand on his porch as he lanced the veins in the back of both my knees with a prong the size of a knitting needle what seemed like at least a half inch into the flesh. After he got the blood flowing he used his qi to push the affected blood out of my body. What came out of me was about a half pint of what looked like roof tar. It was literally black and thick like a paste. Sherfu said that if I hadn’t come to him, I would have been quite possibly hit with a stroke within the year. After the treatment I actually felt really good. I was given several large herbal “pills” to clear anything that was left in my system. ...

Hello Chocolate,

Take care of the emotional and mental energies, they can be the things causing the blockages.

I would recommend taking a stroll in the country side with nature.

Go back to the simple breathing.

The body can do wonders in healing itself if you let it to.

Refrain from any exotic energy practice for the time being.

Peace and Happiness be on your path.

XJ

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

You needed grounding. Root chakra issues.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

I guess that the only thing that you didn't to solve the problem was... stop EVERY form of qigong/energy maniulation. Am I right?