Perceiver

Nasty side effects from the Microcosmic Orbit - what am I doing wrong?

Hi guys

Ok I tried to do the exercise today, based on some of the instructions I got here.. I did the following:

- I tried to rclear out bad chi first using the 6 healing sounds together with the five animals

- I took 36 deep abdominal breaths

- I relaxed myself by using the inner smile

- I did the MCO in reverse, and with slow cycles, as one person suggested

And the result was interesting: I feel much less hyper. I feel good, and I even felt like taking a nap afterwards.. Maybe this is the way to go :).. I will keep you updated..

• Like 1

- I took 36 deep abdominal breaths...
I will keep you updated..

Yes, take more than that but not just one time or one day and please keep us dated, Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Stop doing the MCO/Small Universe! Thats what I did.

I now only practise the SFQ active exercises. The MCO will knock you down if you aren't ready for it. You will lose your hunger and drive.

I now eat better, I read again, I play music. These things were absent for a month or two. My brain fog and headaches are gone.

Read this guy's opinion!

http://flowingzen.com/1461/the-small-universe/

2-3 years he says. I've got a number of physical injuries that I still need to heal. At the current rate, 2-3 years seem like the right mindset/goal, since I've been doing qigong for 6 months already.

Stop doing the MCO/Small Universe! Thats what I did.

I now only practise the SFQ active exercises. The MCO will knock you down if you aren't ready for it. You will lose your hunger and drive.

I now eat better, I read again, I play music. These things were absent for a month or two. My brain fog and headaches are gone.

Read this guy's opinion!

http://flowingzen.com/1461/the-small-universe/

2-3 years he says. I've got a number of physical injuries that I still need to heal. At the current rate, 2-3 years seem like the right mindset/goal, since I've been doing qigong for 6 months already.

Okay, what are the SFQ exercises?..

So based on some of the posts from members in this thread, Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming is a snake oil salesman fraud who doesn't know the first thing about Qigong...

OR

Are said members just idiots who don't know jack shit but pretend to because they read it in some poorly translated book -- or worse, read it on the *gasp* internet?

He promotes:

~ Sitting in meditation without being grounded on natural soil.

~ MCO

... and many more standard Qigong practices, but I decided to highlight those two because of what's been said in this thread.

Edited by Celestial

So based on some of the posts from members in this thread, Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming is a snake oil salesman fraud who doesn't know the first thing about Qigong...

OR

Are said members just idiots who don't know jack shit but pretend to because they read it in some poorly translated book -- or worse, read it on the *gasp* internet?

He promotes:

~ MCO

... and many more standard Qigong practices, but I decided to highlight those two because of what's been said in this thread.

"Sitting in meditation without being grounded on natural soil."

I have no idea what you meant. Do you really sit on your butt on the "natural soil" during sittint meditaion?

I've read Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming's book and watched his video. He seems to be knowledgeable. Calling him a snake oil saleman just because you don't agree with his opinion is extreme.

He promotes:

~ MCO

Its not about whether MCO is promoted or not. Its about when to introduce it into your practice. Currently I vouch for introducing it into practise after a prolonged period, when the practitioner feels that energetic/emotional/physical blockages have been removed.

The nature and milieu of qigong practice and study is different from how Yang, Mantak Chia, Chunyi Lin, etc have studied the arts. People have jobs, children, responsibilities. They cant go through a year of heavy detox and healing crisis, upsetting their daily lives just for the sake of spiritual progress.

lol okay just put all of you energy you have in your WHOLE BODY into DANTIAN and BONES (if you wish)

When you get the vibration in dantian - do the MCO practice

Boy I had a crazy experience tonight!

I normally do the MCO during the day, but tonight I did the exercise before bedtime. I was very concentrated while doing the exercise, and I could really feel the chi ball moving up my body - I had visualized it to cover most of my torso, and as it went up my body it caused small muscle/nerve jerks along the way. It was not unpleasant in any way. It actually felt quite good. I did the cycles quite slow, and I made the ball spin around its own axis very slowly. I was deep into the exercise and very concentrated. I felt like I was in total control of this exercise.

After about four cycles, my head started rocking spontaneously as the ball neared the head. It just wouldn't stop. I knew I could force my head to stop, but that would mean I couldn't relax. So I let it rock and bounce back and forth. As I moved the ball down my back I started feeling really funny. I felt light inside my body. I almost felt excited, energized, adrenaline-struck. And I had to stop the exercise, as I couldn't concentrate. When I tried to focus mentally on the orbit, I almost felt nauseous - like on a bad trip.

So I stopped the exercise, and I felt very much "awake" afterwards. I've done a session of triple warmers and ocean breathing now to calm down, and it has to worked to a certain degree. But it feels like I'm not getting any sleep tonight at all..

Anyone has an idea of what an earth just happened? Did I just manage to open and connect the front and back channels? Or was it maybe my semi-dormant kundalini that reacted?..

"Sitting in meditation without being grounded on natural soil."

I have no idea what you meant. Do you really sit on your butt on the "natural soil" during sittint meditaion?

I've read Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming's book and watched his video. He seems to be knowledgeable. Calling him a snake oil saleman just because you don't agree with his opinion is extreme.

You didn't understand some of the sarcasm in my post. So let me clarify. I agree with Dr. Yang (I'm currently reading his book on Embryonic Breathing), and he seems to be one of the few out there with any real knowledge of Qigong. There's a lot of people in this thread who are completely off base with their information. Either they read it in some poorly translated book or on the internet, or it's a fantasy driven by wanting to shoot lightning bolts out of their ass.

Edited by Celestial
  • Like 1

Anyone has an idea of what an earth just happened? Did I just manage to open and connect the front and back channels? Or was it maybe my semi-dormant kundalini that reacted?..

Read my posts in the Practice Discussion forum. I had exactly the same experience!

It felt very cool, almost enlightening at first. Very spiritual, at the boundary of control and submission.

But this shit will pin you down man. You aren't ready for it. The head swaying...ever seen a hosepipe with too large a waterforce pumped through it?

Read my posts in the Practice Discussion forum. I had exactly the same experience!

It felt very cool, almost enlightening at first. Very spiritual, at the boundary of control and submission.

But this shit will pin you down man. You aren't ready for it. The head swaying...ever seen a hosepipe with too large a waterforce pumped through it?

Yep, sounds like the same experience.. It seems that most people in here recommend waiting with the MCO until you are ready more experienced. Yet the people at kundalinisupportnetwork all recommend jumping straight into it if you have kundalini syndrome. I personally spoke with a friendly English guy who had K syndrome too, and he benefited from the MCO almost straight away.. - I'm confused..

Maybe I'm just unlucky? :) That being said, the exercise has done some good things, but it has not improved my insomnia. Quite the opposite, actually..

I

I guess there are a few factors involved:

- if a person had meditated for years before, then started doing the MCO, it could be beneficial

- no serious blockages present

So its up to you to give it the go ahead or not. Just stay uber conscious of any changes in your emotional state. If you do decide to go ahead, keep us posted.

Perceiver,

You might find more "peace" (if you are really seeking this) in consistent exposure to some of the age-old texts. Learning how to consult the I Ching can give you something to mentally focus on, while breaking up energy blockages forged by temporal conditioning. It might not be as flashy as a "kundalini release", but it will help you navigate a reality that still possesses the infinite Tao without all the "flash" of an extra sensory awakening. Though, as you remove the "karmic" dross, you may have experiences without "trying" to.

Things perceived by ones mind are impermanent and inherently illusory in comparison to recognition of the "Tao" within ones-self and all other aspects of existence.

You might like the Tao Te Ching #7 as a good guide.

There is benefit is trying as many practices as possible in the sense that one's mind might realize that True intent can make LIFE the arena of practice, thus resulting in the lack of needing to follow what this "master" or that "master" says to do.

Much of the "work" in connecting and balancing is getting one's own mind to realize that a brute force approach might not always work, and that sticking to a few timeless tenants are the best guideposts of any practice.

To each their own.

Ultimately, it is your experience. You are responsible for the qi that you possess and express to the experience.

A clear intention of what you are pursuing might be a good place to start, such to not create the potential for energy disruption, which is what practicing various methods of "energy work" are doing.

What are you seeking in terms of your energy practice?

How did the whole "kundalini" experience kick off for you?

How has it affected your perception of reality?

Understanding these dynamics can alleviate a lot of the energy imbalance because it will quiet your mind naturally instead of pursuing the many suggested mental approaches to do so.

I have used these practices as a way of escaping reality, only to realize that I was no "further" along than I was before I had any sort of "awakening". Existing in the world we all live in while being connected with the great spirit it the ultimate challenge. To an active mind that believes "practice" is the only means, simply just "be"ing in every single thing one does is a rather boring proposition.

There is always going to be the potential to want to start paper on fire with ones own qi, but what does it mean if one hasn't understood their own essence at the very core?

To answer one other comment you made about people wanting to help you who don't even know you, many are really helping themselves as well, as perhaps there is no such thing as "other".

I know I appreciate the opportunity to offer something.

Thank you for asking a question.

Lad

• Like 1

I guess there are a few factors involved:

- if a person had meditated for years before, then started doing the MCO, it could be beneficial

- no serious blockages present

So its up to you to give it the go ahead or not. Just stay uber conscious of any changes in your emotional state. If you do decide to go ahead, keep us posted.

Thanks for the feedback.. I have almost no experience with meditation. The funny thing is that it is not affecting my mental state whatsoever. I only have physical side effects..

Thanks for the feedback.. I have almost no experience with meditation. The funny thing is that it is not affecting my mental state whatsoever. I only have physical side effects..

Is there a difference between "mental state" and "physical"?

Hey mate. Good questions, and I appreciate the philosophy you explained above..

Basically a way to integrate my energy imbalance in a more harmonious way, so that I don't have to suffer from chronic insomnia, adrenal fatigue, brittle lever and all the other potential side effects that come with prolonged insomnia..

It kicked off about 2,5 years ago when I was experimenting with breath meditation for the first time. Ten days into the practice, I felt super energized and ecstatic after a meditation session. This continued for some time, until I got a more significant release, and have not been able to make the energy go dormant since. In the beginning i had some crazy experiences - seeing negative entities, shaking all over, pressures in the third eye, electric teeth, lucid dreaming - perhaps even spontaneous nightly astral travel.. Today it is less extreme, but if I concentrate for prolonged periods, the energy and insomnia starts building again.

Both yes and no. The initial experience did not affect my perception of reality. But after 4 months, I had an incredible awakening. I have found it hard to describe in words.. But I reacted with fear to the whole experience. Intense, utter fear.. My whole life revolved around finding ways to "make it stop". I existed in this state of perpetueal anxiety for 4 months, until I one day sat in my couch and thought "but wait a second.. I don't feel bad?.. I don't have any pain.. So why do I feel so bad? - Well that's because my mind is telling me to feel bad. But that's ridiculous, because that's just my thoughts? I am creating my own situation with my thoughts!"

Perhaps for the first in my life, I really became aware of my internal chatter - my internal voice. I sat down in my couch and laughed. Just laughed. Because 5 minutes ago I felt horrible, and now I felt good. Nothing had objectively changed. - Only my perspective had changed. The next morning I woke up to a wonderful June morning, and I noticed that for the first time in my life I was really conscious of "myself". I had very little internal chatter - and the thoughts I did have, I were conscious of. And I was conscious of the present moment, and of what I felt was my true self; a conscious presence behind my eyes, choosing to look out of my eyes, choosing to exist and live in this world. Since then all I have very little interest in negative feelings: Deep regret, hate, anger, jealousy.. Because they are not "necessary". You don't "have" to have them - they are constructions you create with your own thoughts, your own subconscious relating.. But you can choose not to choose them..

Long explanation, but I hope it made sense. It is the greatest experience I ever had, and it is the reason for why I can have all of these irritating side effects now from the MCO, without panicking.

Your responses make a lot of sense and I can empathize with where you are...

One of the reasons I asked about what your specific intentions are with practice is because there are a lot of different "end" goals for this practice, and not all of them are necessarily in conscious alignment with what one might consider "the Tao".

There are also many different philosophies and beliefs as to what ones "purpose" is in their experience. I have no desire to usurp anyone's ability to explore their current human condition, as the only true and lasting education comes through temporal experience. Be it sitting on ones couch and just laughing, or practicing higher order metaphysics. There is a lot of power yielded in being able to manifest qi, and without a proper understanding of the ramifications of creating and manifesting this energy, it stands to reason that the seemingly countless layers of the "mental realm" are as far as anyone will get since the desire for "power" and "mastery" itself is one that is inherently an ego-based and mental construct.

There are a lot of mental "traps" out there, which is why in my opinion grounding the "infinite" energy is so imperative. Your realization of the power of your thoughts is a very important one and one definitely not worth forgetting.

As someone who has a very active and capable mind, I had to experiment plenty before my mind realized the futility of engaging in greater and greater levels of complexity. This alone can create a lot of imbalanced energy simply by the act of "mental masturbation"

As someone who has a very active and capable mind, I had to experiment plenty before my mind realized the futility of engaging in greater and greater levels of complexity. This alone can create a lot of imbalanced energy simply by the act of "mental masturbation"

Hi. This last comment you made was incredibly interesting. Can abstract thinking and actively thinking in order to understand greater levels of complexity in the world actually create imbalanced energy? - Because I'm definitely guilty of that. I can't stop reading about philosophy, history, sociology. And I am constantly taking notes and creating new theories about how the world works and why. It's something I find incredibly stimulating.. I hadn't figured it could be a reason for imbalanced energy?..

Can a mind ever quantify, and therefore fully understand "infinity"?

Try as it might, "infinity" cannot be grasped and cognitively understood in complete fullness by one's mind, no matter how "smart" and "capable" it is. The mind is inherently "finite".

This is a paradox that a mind may ALWAYS try to rectify. Only until the paradox is simply embraced will True mental stillness present itself.

It is a letting go of theories and postulates. Philosophies and histories.

Until one recognizes the true and seemingly infinite creative potential of the mind, the mind will never realize the pathway to True understanding.

Just my experience.

To answer your question though...

Yes, the more you mentally exert yourself, the more potential you are creating for imbalanced energy.

Send me a PM if you would like to discuss this more.

Hi. This last comment you made was incredibly interesting. Can abstract thinking and actively thinking in order to understand greater levels of complexity in the world actually create imbalanced energy? - Because I'm definitely guilty of that. I can't stop reading about philosophy, history, sociology. And I am constantly taking notes and creating new theories about how the world works and why. It's something I find incredibly stimulating.. I hadn't figured it could be a reason for imbalanced energy?..

Chinese medicine calls this 多思伤脾, too much thinking harms the spleen. Spleen is the controller of the middle dantian. It's also called the post-heavenly root. Think of it like your income. Spend more than you're making and you'll need to take money out of the bank. The bank is your kidneys. Kidneys control the lower dantian. The lower dantian is the anchor of the body. Your center of gravity. They pull the energy back down. But not if they're depleted.

Many times when what people call kundalini rising is actually loosing this kidney anchor. It's actually very easy to tell from the symptoms. The real kundalini / microcosmic orbit happens when the lower dantian is so full that it happens spontaneously. And when it happens you'll have so much energy that you might not need to sleep, but if you choose to, you'll fall asleep fast.

Kegel excercises are good for the kidneys. The integrity of the lower abdomen and pelvic floor are directly related to kidney function. For the thinking problem, take up a hobby that requires one ounce of thinking for every ten pounds of work. Like gardening. Or something else physical and preferably outdoors. And avoid sugar as much as possible.

• Like 4

Read thru the whole thread.

Yeah ChiDragon and Lin are right on.

Too much thinking - it is perceived as extra energy but it's actually like your mind is possessed by stress energy.

So I would recommend full lotus -- with the tongue against the roof of the mouth. This will create the MCO automatically but also clear out the brain of this stress.

When you did the deep breathing exercises then you fell asleep.

That is because the deep breathing activated your vagus nerve which relaxes your body-mind and that is the opposite of what you are thinking is extra energy - it's just over activation of your sympathetic nervous system.

If you had a real kundalini experience you should be able to sit in full lotus -- but anyway it's all good - you just keep relaxing and enjoying the energy.

So you ask what are the SFQ exercises?

You can also just call to get a phone healing - the SFQ Center is in Eden Prairie Minnesota - the number is 952-593-5555.

A great exercise that is similar to the small universe but makes sure to activate your kidney energy - as Lin says - this is what you need - so this is the "moving of yin and yang" exercise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5MkMLyoeI

For the whole discussion of qigong versus real alchemy training - and also how it relates to SFQ - it all depends on the commitment of the person practicing.

So first of all you need a teacher who is the real deal - this is true for Chunyi Lin - he did the traditional training as someone pointed out.

It's been questioned whether his system is just qigong or real alchemy training - it just depends on how deep you want to practice. Qigong master Jim Nance is also the real deal and so he was trained by Chunyi Lin.

These are people who have "fused" their yin and yang in the lower tan t'ien - this is really just another way of saying fully opening the third eye.

So yes people of this ability are very very rare indeed but SFQ offers two people of that ability.

So yes I have this insomnia you talk about sometimes - I just sit in full lotus and clear out the stress.

Lin said to avoid sugar -- I would also cut down on salt. Salt is just as bad as sugar in the sense that salt over activates your adrenaline energy - it burns out the kidneys. I mean obviously if you're sweating a ton that is different.

But also try to increase your magnesium and potassium and this will increase your vagus nerve relaxation energy.

Yes, and please don't forget the calcium too. You need Calcium to work together with potassium to relax the muscle after contraction. Otherwise, you will get a cramp.

Howdy Peceiver

Joeblast has hit the nail on the (congested) head - so to speak!

You just happen to be a very sensitive being, spiritually speaking.

When I fisrt started doing the mco - I had the same thing. Infact I started seeing Yi (intention) coming from people's bodies prior to them walking or moving into the space that their Yi energy moved. I had head pressure, dizzy spells and an aversion to the practice.

Change your perceptions though - this is a good thing. You are more spiritually evolved than many that you would come across, and so the ascension energies may be summoned up through you a lot faster and with more intensity.

The great thing about taoist practices is the empahsis on the whole body enlighenment. Many kundalini practices focus on developing the higher centers and to a degree neglect the lower centers - resulting in head based enlightenment - and an unrooted state (spaceyness, mental overload, cranial pressure and too much fire in the upper part of the body.

Taoists emphasise rooting and developing the lower centers in a graduation to the higher - thus clearing blockages from the bottom up. The issue in what you are doing is that your 6th and 7th chakric centres are well developed (ie the perceiver in you is awake) - while the lower centers are not sufficiently clear.

It's what mantak chia calls "having a building with no foundation - it will topple". You are toppling - that's all.

So, consider do the foundations -

iron shirt - is indespensible as a rooting and foundation practice - research it - mantak chias Iron Shirt I is the place to start. Iron shirt was something ancient chinese martial artists practiced as standard for up to 10 years prior to starting the real martial practices. It connects you with the earth, allowing balance and preventing head weighted spiritual pressure from higher practices like the mco.

rooting - the rooting practices in IRON SHIRT 1 - is a fantastic way to earth.

I work with a balance of rooting to move away from the heady experiences you are going though. But, don't judge them as bad - it's just a build up of spiritual pressure, prior to all the channels and pathways being fully open. Pressure builds and gets caught in the top part of the body, unable to flow with harmony as a integrated whole with the rest of the body. Rooting over time (years) helps this imeasurably.

When the head pressure is too great, concentration will focus the pressure even more - resulting in overheating of the brain, pressure, blurred vision, running nose etc

Again, you are spiritually sensitive - this is a good thing. Learn to ground.

Connecting to the earth energy through the soles and perineum will allow your body to earth (see iron shirt 1)

embracing the tree - practice (iron shirt 1)

I had an issue of too much energy darting into my midbrow and compressing in my head. It cooked my brain, but it allowed me to extend a translucent tube from my midbrow and I jumped my whole consciousness into my abdomen - taking my whole awareness within the tantien. You see, we are comparable to a hydraulic system - when the energy system is full of energy/chi charge - (like the hydraulic system being full of fluid) the machine works as it should (in the enlightened state) - so the blockages create pockets that can trap the energy into a small space - when that happens it the head - the head centre can open - but it is dangerous because there is no release valve - like there is when our whole body is integrated as one grounded, blockage free harmonous system.

So, for me that was a sneak peak of the gifts on offer when we can charge our whole system, seal energy leakage and become whole. I realised I needed to focus on the rooting, channel opening, and foundational practices - then the mco allowed a bridge between the earth, the heavens and my body.

So the pressure state is a good thing but not with blockages - incorporate the whole body then the pressure will flow smoothly to the whole system - leading to whole body enlightenment - and the head charge will not disturb you - space you out - channel too much chi to the mental thought processes etc

You just happen to be advanced already so slow down and know that you will get there - allow the foundation to ascend you

Beyond that - the ascenscion process has been underway in its biggest pushing in a long while. The process of transformation that the earth is undergoing is a big part of what is bothering you. From 11.11.11 really, we have been careering through a planetary ascension process - and insomnia is a big part of it.

Spirit will sometimes sequester our bigger selves (we can't sleep at night - aor possibly at all) - to keep us out of the way while may of our energies are rerouted, purged, cleansed and realigned with our approaching new spaces - do some reading on a woman called karen bishop - she has a regular posting on ascenscion sysmptoms that will inform you well.

The MCO is doing a small degree of what the ascension process is doing in massive bursts of fire and initiatory enveloping. So, you will find that the MCO adds to the insomnia because it is ushering through even more of the ascenscion energies - but it is the way you are doing it that is causing issues.

Drop the mco practice you are doing - IMO - and start also with the Fusion of the Five Elements (Mantak Chia). The version of the mco you described is something you might care to experiment with later, but eh rooting and Fusion processes allow for a far more balanced process that is graduating your way through to the higher practices - taking respectful approaches to avoiding congestion symtoms that you speak of.

So,create a rooting practice, and ebb and flow with the arriving higher energies - more rooting when the pressures are intense and allow more mco and higher concentrative processes when they ease.

But, do llok into the ascension process symptoms that relate to your experience of the earth ascension - totally separate from the practices. The kundalini experiences are largely related to your role in the evolution of the earth through this magnanimous period of change we are undertaking.

Karen Bishop will ease your concerns about much you are going through.

And the spring forest qigong processes are very simple and powerful ways to balance your energy and open the higher centers in a more balanced manner.

May the force be with you ;)

Edited by Horus

Boy I had a crazy experience tonight!

I normally do the MCO during the day, but tonight I did the exercise before bedtime. I was very concentrated while doing the exercise, and I could really feel the chi ball moving up my body - I had visualized it to cover most of my torso, and as it went up my body it caused small muscle/nerve jerks along the way. It was not unpleasant in any way. It actually felt quite good. I did the cycles quite slow, and I made the ball spin around its own axis very slowly. I was deep into the exercise and very concentrated. I felt like I was in total control of this exercise.

After about four cycles, my head started rocking spontaneously as the ball neared the head. It just wouldn't stop. I knew I could force my head to stop, but that would mean I couldn't relax. So I let it rock and bounce back and forth. As I moved the ball down my back I started feeling really funny. I felt light inside my body. I almost felt excited, energized, adrenaline-struck. And I had to stop the exercise, as I couldn't concentrate. When I tried to focus mentally on the orbit, I almost felt nauseous - like on a bad trip.

So I stopped the exercise, and I felt very much "awake" afterwards. I've done a session of triple warmers and ocean breathing now to calm down, and it has to worked to a certain degree. But it feels like I'm not getting any sleep tonight at all..

I had something similar in my arms where the chi was rushing back and forth between my fingertips, through my body and to the other hand. I stumbled a bit when I tried to walk around as I had created an imbalance. What I put it down to was that my mind had drifted to one side, then overcorrected, and so forth. It became perpetual.

Kundalini is really the last phase of Taoist energy work. It's the integration stage. I would suggest anything from Bruce Frantzis merely because things tend to happen more naturally and in an integrated and grounded way. I think that's what you need. Even if you don't do his practices but follow his principles then you should be better off.