effilang

Tai Shang Men - Xiao Yao Pai - LONDON Event.

flowing hands, thanks for your clarification. in our exchanges, have i ever insulted you?

i am not basing my expressions here on books, i express from experience.

my experiences are not limited to my taking a correspondence course.

and it is true that a face to face conversation is quite a bit different.

i have had a handful of bums ask me how i feel about you, and i answered each of them,

that i like you and you are an interesting poster here.

you still continue to judge a system that you have no experience with, that is what i am trying

to tell you. you are in a system based on trance and in our system we stay fully aware.

a link was posted here to the XYP thread where we exchanged about this previous.

i am sure that your position is not changed much and mine neither.

your attention is on a star rating system? if it makes you feel better, you can have my stars.

Edited by flowing hands

Flowinghands how do you know that you are learning from Lao Tzu & the Monkey God? Spirits can take many forms so how does this work?

Flowinghands how do you know that you are learning from Lao Tzu & the Monkey God? Spirits can take many forms so how does this work?

;)

Edited by flowing hands

Did the monkey god also send you a friend request and give you a five star rating? is he also a five star god?

if he has less than forty friends I would be quite sad.

:D

------------

jokes aside.

I suggest that people who have questions for Flowinghands to start a new thread - a mod could easily take the relevant posts and merge them into another thread.

Is it that hard for us bums to stay relevant to the topic?

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of Flowing hands, and I have never spoken with him.

You may not agree with how he has approached dealing with people on this thread, and neither do I.

However, the essence of what he says is a truth that shouldn't be ignored. Like him or not.

Many on this board want access to teachings, to powers, to spiritual experiences, or even to the deities and gods, and yet often there is little respect paid to these things, let alone the actual paths, lineages or teachers that can be gateways to them.

There are larger things than the members of this board, and your conduct may be heard beyond the scope that you realise.

Seriously, anything to do with spirits and deities should not be taken lightly. Just my experience.

[edit]

Many are taught guided meditation practices to meet 'guides' of one sort or another, and also teachers, sometimes even deities or gods. These are usually light trance states and not a whole lot more than exploring subconscious realities of your own. This is also how neo/core-shamanism works.

When things really turn up, it is often quite a different kettle of fish.

Entering into relationship with a diety is not the fantasy or dream many hancker after. Same with finding a good teacher!

Whats the saying "look before you leap..."?

Just a coupla penneth worth...

Best,

Edited by snowmonki
  • Like 2

I'm sure we will all know the authenticity of his teachings in 7 years when the world ends according to him. He may talk much, but seriously how can you expect a rational individual to take seriously someone who gives us doomsday woo-woo and who refuses to even reveal his own real identity despite being a "prophet" and "saviour of mankind", and tries his best to discredit pretty much everyone else who did not take the very same path he did?

Until then, I am quite the skeptic, and would you really think a real deal immortal would really bother with somebody who disagreed with him on an internet messageboard? Don't you think that immortals have better things to do than to chit-chat on the net? If he is so far above us, don't you think there are better things to do than sit about and piss about over the internet? don't you think he would have better priorities?

I have every right to question and be skeptic. actually my main issue is not even that he is who he is - I could not care less about another kook on the net - honestly he is not worth my time, and if he is smart, he holds the same opinion towards me.

My main concerns here are the following:

1.)that he calls these people frauds and cultists based on NO factual evidence whatsoever,

2.)consistently derailing a thread dedicated to a sole topic of discussion (XYP), which he has nothing useful to directly contribute except his attacks on the group

3.)saying that there is only one method to which one can become achieved in the arts of taoism, of course which is not true.

--

Honestly I've wasted enough of my time here. I'm out, you all have fun, and if you all ever actually have any kind of productive discussion consider it a blessing.

Peace

• Like 1

I'm sure we will all know the authenticity of his teachings in 7 years when the world ends according to him. He may talk much, but seriously how can you expect a rational individual to take seriously someone who gives us doomsday woo-woo and who refuses to even reveal his own real identity despite being a "prophet" and "saviour of mankind", and tries his best to discredit pretty much everyone else who did not take the very same path he did?

Until then, I am quite the skeptic, and would you really think a real deal immortal would really bother with somebody who disagreed with him on an internet messageboard? Don't you think that immortals have better things to do than to chit-chat on the net? If he is so far above us, don't you think there are better things to do than sit about and piss about over the internet? don't you think he would have better priorities?

I have every right to question and be skeptic. actually my main issue is not even that he is who he is - I could not care less about another kook on the net - honestly he is not worth my time, and if he is smart, he holds the same opinion towards me.

1.)that he calls these people frauds and cultists based on NO factual evidence whatsoever,

2.)consistently derailing a thread dedicated to a sole topic of discussion (XYP), which he has nothing useful to directly contribute except his attacks on the group

3.)saying that there is only one method to which one can become achieved in the arts of taoism, of course which is not true.

--

Honestly I've wasted enough of my time here. I'm out, you all have fun, and if you all ever actually have any kind of productive discussion consider it a blessing.

Peace

• Like 1

Flowing Hands, What mental institution do you belong to?

The same one as Mak Tin Si, bodyoflight, tulku etc etc :P

--

Peace

--

Peace

Edited by flowing hands

You're right and I've wasted enough time on an internet nobody like you, who makes things up to satisfy their inadequacies. I am in fact trying to save 'life' not human kind and for your info. the same prophecy was also given (I came to read some years ago, many years after I was given the vision of the world to come) by a Hopi medicine man.

By the way I have never said I was an Immortal, another one of your made up facts. I have said I was an incarnation of an Immortal. A little different. That makes me 'mortal'.

My concerns are that people like you come on a board like this carrying such a lot of stuff, who obviously haven't an ounce of any real teaching and then can openly criticize others who are trying to help other people not to 1. be disappointed, 2.mislead, and 3 cause difficulties and ill health in the future from mental or evil possession.

A real teacher of a very high level will talk to anyone and give of their time to anyone who wants it. All high level spiritual masters do this. The internet is one way to communicate with many people. Despite what you say many people have sought my advice and help which I have given freely. Any spiritual teacher who lives in a white tower and never gets his hands dirty is not a high level spiritual teacher.

For those who are on the fence about your heavy claims, maybe you could do some distance healing or a demo, maybe on an unbiased moderator here? I'm sure it would be easy for you and it would certainly help others here.

" These are usually light trance states and not a whole lot more than exploring subconscious realities of your own. This is also how neo/core-shamanism works."

snowmonki, that is a good point. the reason i am sticking with XYP is that we remain in a fully aware state and we dont go into a trance state, not even a light trance state. we are not shaman/trance based system.

also, back to h.uriahr and others questions about my experiences with Fu Fak Shen. i am mostly quite about this becoz i do not want to be suggestive in any way to what experience you may have. does that make sense?

i want you to enter with an un-biased open mind. and investigate and judge it for yourself.

over time we can share experiences with each other.

Edited by zerostao

Hi cat,

This is the event page

We've been trying to organize two things. Accommodation and a venue.

One of the guests has offered up accommodation so now we are putting together money to rent out an event place for 2 days, unless someone finds one for free : )

So far so good.

We have 91 registered going and 14 maybes, and the list keeps growing.

As it was, initially we had to secure two things; accommodation and a venue.

I'm happy to say that one of our TaoBums who will be joining us has generously offered up accommodation in his home in Ealing, for the Taoist master in August. So that is out of the way.

Right now the only thing I have to do is secure the venue.

It's difficult to do as the attendance list keeps growing, so I'll have to wait closer to the date before being able to determine how large a place I will need to rent, after which I'll make the address available.

I'm going to pay for the venue myself and rental of the things we need, but will place an entrance fee of 5 to 10 pounds per person to help me cover the cost.

So, yeah. Right now. Just waiting : )

Event Page:

http://www.facebook.com/events/345257788909902/

Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/TaiShangMenXiaoYaoPaiUK

How was it organized last time in the US? - Who provided accommodation etc?

Effi (Xuan Dao)

Edited by effilang
  • Like 1

fulcrum could speak better than i can about the arrangements made in virginia.

as he was initiated in 2009 and i think he is the one handling it from that end this year.

last year there were 22 i think? initiates.

and it was held in a wing chung studio. one with alot of Taoist flavor.

and they did an excellent job of it.

91?!

wow, my goal in organizing a future event in kentucky or anywhere would be around 20

Is there an event this year in the USA?

yes , in fredricksburg, virginia.

following the london event.

Travelling to London today for a viewing and to book the venue.

F****** FINALLY!

I didn't know it would be this hard to find a decent place that wasn't already reserved by someone else 3 months in advance.

Must have been on the phone non-stop and through 100s of websites O_O

Alas! The fruits of my efforts are about ripen :)

I will update the page later today with the address, dates, event schedule and entrance fee, once I get back home : )

• Like 1