Sign in to follow this  
Greatheavenlycircuit

Energy Circuit info

Here's a collection of posts on Kundalini and its possible problems: -

http://members.aol.com/ckress/resource.html

For a quick reading I like what Glenn Morris wrote about Kundalini in his "Pathways of an America Ninja.." (bad tittle, good book). Go through the Healing Tao USA site, some of Michael Winns articles have direct bearing on controlling kundalini.

Above all, if things get over heated slow way down. Stop practice for a while, exercise, go for long walks, have beer with a friend. Its easier to see the physical overheating and harder to see the mental, ballooning ego, paranoia etc. An experienced teacher is important when you're doing extreme meditation periods.

Hope the above link gives you good advice.

Michael

There's a general cycle of taking doses of purity into one's system, refining turbid energies and patterns, and coming to a new place of stability. Then repeat.

The problem with going too fast is that a critical mass of pure energy is reached too quickly, at some point kicks in and accesses more profound states and energies than one's system is able to integrate with stability. Too much dispersing force and not enough integration. Psychological aspects rest on one's spiritual structure, and common results of "too fast" are psychological disruption, and dispersion of physical energies, health collapse. Usually it takes decades to repair from such an episode.

Despite what some popular sources say, there is a lot more to the safety of this process than "opening the orbit".

A somewhat slower pace, with a lot of work towards "preparing the vessel", pays off. Over the course of a lifetime, much more progress is made, with less wear and tear.

In addition to the link that Michael noted, this resource is loaded with related stories:

Kundalini Survival & Support

Also, here's one interpretation of the golden flower process (link).

I am looking for texts that explain how to preform the great heavenly circuit safely. I have read the secret of the golden flower. I meditate for 10-12 hours a day circulating the energy from the top of my head to feet and back up. The energy has become very powerful and my entire body goes numb as soon as I begin meditation because of powerful energy moving over my nervous system.

So far I have learned that letting excess energy gather in my head causes serious spacyness, and mental fog. Letting energy gather in the heart area causes extreme sensitivity to the pain "physical and emotional" of other living beings. Gathering the energy into the navel center causes the energy to grow and become much more intense. It also causes heat in the stomach and tailbone area.

Closing my eyes halfway causes the energy to increase dramatically. This was mentioned in The Secret of the Golden Flower.

Does anyone know of books that explain what happens after one circulates the energy for a long time. The Secret of the Golden Flower has a few confimation signs. I wanted to know if there were any texts that go into more of those signs.

In the "Root of Chinese Qigong", Dr.Yang Jwing-Ming mentions that the microcosmic orbit has a fire path and a water path. The fire path is the Yang route I think since the energy is too hot to travel inside the head and travels along the scalp. The water path is in the Yin Route and travels inside the head. The good Doctor called the reverse microcosmic orbit, the "wind path". What happens if you do the reverse great heavenly circuit?

Also, it might help to do some stretching in order to open the water path and to do the Inner Smile to get you in the right frame of mind. In the book, "Pathnotes of an American Ninja Master", Dr.Glenn Morris noted that one of his students, Taffese Alemu, could change from Yang to Yin on command. Taffese Alemu has posted contact information on the Hoshin Roshi Ryu website:

http://www.hoshin.com/unitedstates.htm

The correspondence course that was issued by the Chinese National Chi Kung Institute in 1987 mentions that when a person has been meditating for a while that their dietary requirements drop and that they breath more slowly. I have had to drop my caloric intake so that I don't get blocked up.

I've seen Dan tien crystallization mentioned on one of Michael Winn's products (I can't find it right now). Sean Denty has also mentioned that cultivators from other traditions have been put under an x-ray and what was found out was that the lower Dan Tien actually becomes a physical object.

Also, on this discussion board, I have seen mention of storing energy in the bones, mingmen, along with the three cauldrons.

Another good resource is http://books.google.com/

Relax and look for the Right place to meditate; relax into it; I enjoyed Compass Center Directions, truest to original teaching i recieved;

"Closing my eyes halfway causes the energy to increase dramatically."

You're on the right Path w/ Song ala Sung. Done from proper Wu Ji you breath from the heals. Up and Down, no thought no sticking, cycle after cycle, asking where your going after practice 12 hours a day is much like Alice's surprise after eating her eat mes and drinking her drink mes. I wonder where the rabbit hole goes indeed! Welcome.

Spectrum

PS - Wei Dan forms often prepare the practitioners meridians by opening or turning on, clearing and tuning the system before standing (neidan) or sitting meditation which only after stillness is cultivated is there circulating.

Do it right away in positions outside of wu ji is a crash coarse in navigating psycho-somatic-space. It's a rush, but there can be some extreme experiences for the initiate/adept.

Edited by Spectrum

Relax and look for the Right place to meditate; relax into it; I enjoyed Compass Center Directions, truest to original teaching i recieved;

What are these Compass Center Directions?

o9j8l0i

DAMMIT

That was one of the best posts ever. I wish you would have left it up. Why should anybody that has a path to walk or a life to live ever give a crap what Britney Spears or whoever is doing what.

Sign in to follow this