silas

What Happens To The Communion If There Is No God?

I've been discussing this topic for months now and hope you all can help me.

According to Wiki, the Rapture refers to the "being caught up" discussed in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, when the "dead in Christ" and "we who are alive and remain" will be "caught up in the clouds" to meet "the Lord in the air".

The "dead in Christ" must mean the Communion, which suggests that Christians who die do not go straight to God but are in a holding pattern in the heavens until Jesus returns.

So, let's assume that Christians are correct: there is only 1 way to God - through Jesus.

Hypothetically, what happens to the Communion if there is no God?

Edited by silas

According to Wiki, the Rapture refers to the "being caught up" discussed in 1 Thessalonians 4:17, when the "dead in Christ" and "we who are alive and remain" will be "caught up in the clouds" to meet "the Lord in the air".

The "dead in Christ" must mean the Communion, which suggests that Christians who die do not go straight to God but are in a holding pattern in the heavens until Jesus returns.

So, let's assume that Christians are correct: there is only 1 way to God - through Jesus.

If there is no God, their fate will be the same as the rest of humanity. Even if there is a God, and the Christian God is correct, the American fundie Christians have a much different (and poorer) understanding of God than the first Christians, and Orthodox Christian churches...

If there is no God, their fate will be the same as the rest of humanity. Even if there is a God, and the Christian God is correct, the American fundie Christians have a much different (and poorer) understanding of God than the first Christians, and Orthodox Christian churches...

Thanks Tao Addict. In modern Christian theology, is the Communion vulnerable until Jesus returns? That is, can the behavior of living Christians hurt the Communion of souls or are they safe from any influence from the living?

Dead in Christ means those who are dead as baptized Christians since at the time almost anyone could (and shall) perform the communion ritual. Priesthood wasn't established yet, according to historians.

Christians believe that Jesus is the same with the father (God), so people know the father by mean of the son.

If there's no God, then there's no Jesus.

God is thought as being three persons in one: the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. They are one, yet distinct.

This is something that the human mind cannot comprehend.

To summarize, communion in Jesus is communion with God himself.

• Like 1

Thanks Tao Addict. In modern Christian theology, is the Communion vulnerable until Jesus returns? That is, can the behavior of living Christians hurt the Communion of souls or are they safe from any influence from the living?

The historic understanding of Christianity has always been that everyone is judged individually, not unlike the Buddhist concept of karma being the effects of one's personal actions.

In Orthodox Christian eschatology, the souls of the departed journey to Hades/Sheol (the abode of the dead), at which time they either remain close to God (an analogy is Abraham's bosom, spoken of by a parable in the gospels), or distant from God. This isn't a judgement so much as it is a result of the state of one's soul, which is attracted/repelled by God's presence.

On the last day (ie. after the Apocalypse), or the day of Resurrection, every departed soul will be reunited with their physical body, and judged, and either given a place in Paradise, or thrown into Tartarus/Gehenna.

Believe implicitly that the divinity is within you, a knowing divinity, and--if you will harmonize yourself with it intuitively--a guiding divinity. As a Far Eastern poet has put it: "Your rice has been cooked from the very beginning."
:wub:

Dead in Christ means those who are dead as baptized Christians since at the time almost anyone could (and shall) perform the communion ritual. Priesthood wasn't established yet, according to historians.

Christians believe that Jesus is the same with the father (God), so people know the father by mean of the son.

If there's no God, then there's no Jesus.

God is thought as being three persons in one: the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. They are one, yet distinct.

This is something that the human mind cannot comprehend.

To summarize, communion in Jesus is communion with God himself.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. In Christian theology (esoteric or mainstream), can anything threaten the Communion of souls? For example, what if Christianity as a religion lost popularity and no one practiced it anymore. Would those in the Communion still be saved, because God would be disappointed in the human race and leave it behind?

I have heard that there are Christians who believe that Jesus' teaching to spread the gospel is a clue that the Communion of souls must be renewed with new souls. Hence, Christianity must grow or all souls are imperiled. For the lack of a better phrase, they believe that Christianity is a type of spiritual ponzi scheme, that either ALL humanity is saved or ALL humanity is lost.

Any comments?

I had a nightmare the other night, with a Giant JesusZilla, he was saying now you must let me eat your soul so that you may become apart of me, and I was running around trying to get away of JesusZilla.

Reverse communion?

Any comments?

You cannot get any complete (and coherent!) doctrine out of the scriptures.

We can comment only relating to a particular tradition which interpret things based on something that transcend

the scriptures.

For example, Catholicism claims a spiritual lineage linking them with the apostles and thus they transmit teachings that

are not expounded in the Bible.

I had a nightmare the other night, with a Giant JesusZilla, he was saying now you must let me eat your soul so that you may become apart of me, and I was running around trying to get away of JesusZilla.

Reverse communion?

:D:D:D

jesus_facepalm_facepalm_jesus_epic_demot

If you doubt the existance of a certain God, then there exists a God in whom's existance is doubted. The whole question doesn't make any sense...

If you doubt the existance of a certain God, then there exists a God in whom's existance is doubted. The whole question doesn't make any sense...

If you doubt the existence of a certain Flying Spaghetti Monster, then there exists a Flying Spaghetti Monster in whom's existence is doubted. The whole question doesn't make any sense...

what if the 'dead in Christ' means those Christians who are truly dead inside? The ones who think that all they have to do is join the Jesus club, put their money in the plate on Sunday, and are assured some sort of eternal palace to live in for ever and ever as a reward for 'believing' in Jesus? I see no difference between Believing in Jesus and Believing in Santa. The "Christians" I've met in this part of the country (Midwest) are some of the most mean-spirit folks I've ever come across. No social consciences, not a care in the world for those who haven't as much as they - in fact, often a contempt. I hate to paint Christians with such a wide brush, but I'm only speaking for those I've found here in the spiritually-incestuous Ohio Valley, a place where people are born and never seem to leave. It raises hypocracy to an art form.

If those same Christians would uncover the "God" within and stop judging everyone else around them I think they could develop a much deeper understanding of what they're looking for. They are a part of the Whole, and yet that arrogant mindset of Only Through Jesus Can You Find God keeps reassuring them that they alone have the answers and are above everyone else.

I think the whole rapture thing is an offshoot of the arrogance, and I wouldn't give another thought as to how the rapture is going to work. My feeling is these folks are more deluded than most.

Edited by manitou

1.tithing is an act of faith which in turn is an act of internal change especially for those that are barely making ends meet.

2.the lineage of Christ is that you take the fast pass to God instead of being tried in the fire. Fire cleanses. This really only applies to those who believe and work that faith. Probably not your Sunday is a holy day but the other 6 days are hookers and drugs type of Christian. Pray unceasingly.

I see no difference between Believing in Jesus and Believing in Santa. The "Christians" I've met in this part of the country (Midwest) are some of the most mean-spirit folks I've ever come across. No social consciences, not a care in the world for those who haven't as much as they - in fact, often a contempt. I hate to paint Christians with such a wide brush.... It raises hypocracy to an art form....

There is a difference between believing in Jesus and believing in Santa. Those who believe in Jesus and believe the theology will act like Christian soldiers - HIDDEN INVISIBLE Christian soldiers (they look like ordinary citizens) - and hurt non-believers. No one really cares about Santa.

If Christians (and others of Abrahamic faith) can be fanatic, because they are majority, it's necessary to understand the theology, Not to mention, Christian theology is fascinating, so many interesting twists. So I wanted to repeat my question:

In Christian theology (esoteric or mainstream), can anything threaten the Communion of souls? For example, what if Christianity as a religion lost popularity and no one practiced it anymore. Would those in the Communion still be saved, because God would be disappointed in the human race and leave it behind?

I have heard that there are Christians who believe that Jesus' teaching to spread the gospel is a clue that the Communion of souls must be renewed with new souls. Hence, Christianity must grow or all souls are imperiled. For the lack of a better phrase, they believe that Christianity is a type of spiritual ponzi scheme, that either ALL humanity is saved or ALL humanity is lost.

Edited by silas

Thanks everyone. In Christian theology (esoteric or mainstream), can anything threaten the Communion of souls? For example, what if Christianity as a religion lost popularity and no one practiced it anymore. Would those in the Communion still be saved, because God would be disappointed in the human race and leave it behind?

Any comments?

Hi Silas,

Communion is a direct connection/interaction with Christ (who is one with God). The communion of souls is like a support network, with each aspect (soul) shining and sharing it's limited access to Christ/God. The group network "helps", but ultimately it is the individual "oneness" with Christ/God that makes the difference.

If there are no "new souls" to the lineage, the lineage in the "world" dies, but it has no impact on the "previous" members of the lineage.

Peace & light in Christ,

Jeff

I suppose a lot depends on how little and childish ones view of God is.

Do we think he reacts like a 3 year old, a 6 year old, a teenager? Like we would?

I think we tend to anthropomophisize God, when the very concept should be hugely mind blowing and not reduced to a Zeuslike figure.

• Like 1

I suppose a lot depends on how little and childish ones view of God is. Do we think he reacts like a 3 year old, a 6 year old, a teenager? Like we would? I think we tend to anthropomophisize God, when the very concept should be hugely mind blowing and not reduced to a Zeuslike figure.

Does God react like a 3-year old? That's an important question.

From Exodus 20:5

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

From Exodus 34:14

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

From Deuteronomy 4:24

For the Lord thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

• Like 1

Yahweh and Allah are merely hungry ghosts.

So yes they would be jealous etc.

Edited by alwayson