Sign in to follow this  
timelessness

Vegan Diet

Cheese is not meat. Never had diarrhea from it.

At the moment I eat vegetarian food adding organic powder made of supergreens and some mild cheese made of sheep milk.

No any other animal products.

inb4 500 posts about how you are evil and less spiritually capable or out of alignment with tao or whatever if you eat meat

• Like 1

inb4 500 posts about how you are evil and less spiritually capable or out of alignment with tao or whatever if you eat meat

Try to eat meat every day for few months and then not to eat for few months and you will see the difference. I did eat meat and fish every day last year. I forgot about practice and only was thinking of sex and was in depressed state of mind. Plus alcohol and so on....

• Like 1

If animals are eating and consuming vegetables to get their nutrition, wouldn't it make sense that only the vegetables give you all the nutrition that you require?

If your going to eat an animal for nutrition, why not just go to the source of the nutrition that comes from plant life?

It's simple logic.

• Like 1

If animals are eating and consuming vegetables to get their nutrition then you are getting nutrition from the foods that the animal had ingested before getting slaughtered.

If your going to eat an animal for nutrition why not just go straight to the source of the nutrition aka plants?

It's simple logic.

Edited by Tom Lin
  • Like 1

I went on a vegan diet for cardiac reasons and it has been delightful (an odd word for me but there it is).

Energetically it is much smoother and fitting for practice. I was a complete dripping red meat person for the vast majority of my life but always pretty clear of refined foods, fake foods and garbage food. I was a vegetarian during much of college and during some of my most intense cultivation - but I moved away from it for about 35 years and now I am doing Vegan.

It is a learning curve but that has been half the fun of it - the other half of the fun is the new land of Vegan - I have eaten well and all over the world - and now I have a whole new world of food and diet that is so different and interesting again. I miss nothing now - and I never did miss anything but for one thing - initially I missed the ability of just casually ordering something without thinking about it or where to go or how I would react to it or if it would be enough or if I would explode from gas or be weak or sleepy or....?????

It has taken about 1 year to get fairly sorted out on this but it is still very new.

The entire change was also excellent from the standpoint that change of this type takes us out of our robotic nature - something I work on constantly (when I am not unconscious and sleep walking through life).

• Like 2

The question is if you can get ALL nutrients from vegan diet. I doubt. A man needs at least 80 grams of protein every day. I personally eat twice a day. So I need 40 grams of protein for every meal. How much plants to eat every time! Stress for digestive system and much of starch

If animals are eating and consuming vegetables to get their nutrition then you are getting nutrition from the foods that the animal had ingested before getting slaughtered.

If your going to eat an animal for nutrition why not just go straight to the source of the nutrition aka plants?

It's simple logic.

If plants are eating and consuming minerals to get their nutrition then you are getting nutrition rom the foods that the plants had ingested before getting slaughtered.

If your going to eat a plant for nutrition why not just go straight to the source of the nutrition aka minerals?

It's simple logic.

• Like 1

If plants are eating and consuming minerals to get their nutrition then you are getting nutrition rom the foods that the plants had ingested before getting slaughtered.

If your going to eat a plant for nutrition why not just go straight to the source of the nutrition aka minerals?

It's simple logic.

Why not to sunlight?

Why not to cosmic energy?

sunlight.jpg

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

It's simple logic.

Difficult for us to eat grass like a cow. They have the proper digestive system for this. We don't.

Edited by flyinghigh

Where do you get your protein from...

Mr Silverback?

tumblr_m4tzr1rD3q1r2zxcho1_500.jpg

Mr Horse?

Mr Elephant?

Nice thought, but again might be differences in digestive systems plus calculate how many hours of the day they spend eating. Possible for you to do that?

• Like 1

Are humans meant to eat meat? Can you get all the necessary nutrients from vegan diet?

http://rense.com/general20/meant.htm

Vegan diets lack some nutrients. Vegetarian diets that consist of dairy products however can provide every nutrient you need. The problem with a vegan diet isn't protein, but rather certian B vitamins that cannot be obtained from plants, but are synthesized by animals and we obtain them when we eat animal products (and note that every essential nutrient that comes from meat can be obtained in dairy products like cheese and yogurt).

Vegan diets lack some nutrients. Vegetarian diets that consist of dairy products however can provide every nutrient you need. The problem with a vegan diet isn't protein, but rather certian B vitamins that cannot be obtained from plants, but are synthesized by animals and we obtain them when we eat animal products (and note that every essential nutrient that comes from meat can be obtained in dairy products like cheese and yogurt).

That makes no sense.

If your saying that plants have no B vitamins but the animals are able to distribute B vitamins onto the body of whoever ingests the animal....then where are the animals getting their B vitamins from?

• Like 1

Where do you get your protein from...

Mr Silverback? <fighting makes'em lean>

tumblr_m4tzr1rD3q1r2zxcho1_500.jpg

Mr Horse? <organic free range Mustang very healthy, nice plump marbling>

Black_Clydesdale_1_by_NyanaeveStock.jpg

Mr Elephant? <never forget the elephant, buy'em whole and its good eating all year>

elephants-posing.jpg

Yum, they're all very tasty, though Silverback stew is getting prohibitively expensive these days, thankfully horse burgers are still plentiful and baby elephant is very filling. :ph34r: .

Actually I do think going veggie can be very healthy for ourselves and our planet. But its not for everyone, some people crash on it, they need meat be it fish fowl or <can't think of animal f word> fur (! genius) to stay in good health. I have a good friend who was hard core veggie for 20 years but ultimately had to admit he was getting more colds, allergies, and felt increasingly weaker on his diet.

Course 10's or even 100's of millions of people are vegetarians and do great, outliving there carnivorous counterparts.

Personally I think processed foods are the enemies of health, primarily sugar and grains. I still eat'em, but try to lessen it.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

From what I know, you can get all your nutriment from a vegan diet, if you plan it properly, with the exception of the B12 vitamin.

Vegan associations recommand taking it regularily. Lack of it would have serious consequences for the brain.

Mikeb85, on 07 Jun 2013 - 16:18, said:snapback.png

That makes no sense.

If your saying that plants have no B vitamins but the animals are able to distribute B vitamins onto the body of whoever ingests the animal....then where are the animals getting their B vitamins from?

It seems that B12 comes from the earth herbivores animals are eating with their vegetables. Now, since we clean everything and don't enjoy eating mud so much, we don't find B12 so easily.

Actually, even bred animals meant to become meat have this problem. Therefore, they got B12 from chemicals, just like vegans would do.

Edited by baiqi
  • Like 1

Nice thought, but again might be differences in digestive systems plus calculate how many hours of the day they spend eating. Possible for you to do that?

The examples are purely in relation to protein.

Short answer is plants have protein.

• Like 1

There is another problem with veganism. Not only B12 or nutrients.

It will make your body more alkaline. What is bad for stomach and colon.

And I suppose it can make one to much yin. Because plants and fruits that vegans eat are mostly of yin quality (water).

Somebody against grains here. TCM considers grains as one of the most balanced food with neutral and balancing qualities.

And it is good source of protein.

So vegans should take vinegar to reduce alkaline issue.

I am thinking to go veggie and have a look how it rocks. But I will be taking whey protein with a supergreens powder and fish and ghee oils. They say that the point is to build healthy micro flora that can produce all what a body needs. But it's not just to go veggie. Primarily important to keep healthy diet with no alcohol, no animal stuff at all, no sweets, no ketchups and so on...

Not easy but possible. And one MUST cleanse all the body. Kill parasites with special herbals and maintain healthy micro flora. Only this way of strict regimen.

I suppose that whey protein and supergreens powder have all nutrients that body needs.

There is another problem with veganism. Not only B12 or nutrients.

It will make your body more alkaline. What is bad for stomach and colon.

And I suppose it can make one to much yin. Because plants and fruits that vegans eat are mostly of yin quality (water).

Somebody against grains here. TCM considers grains as one of the most balanced food with neutral and balancing qualities.

And it is good source of protein.

So vegans should take vinegar to reduce alkaline issue.

I am thinking to go veggie and have a look how it rocks. But I will be taking whey protein with a supergreens powder and fish and ghee oils. They say that the point is to build healthy micro flora that can produce all what a body needs. But it's not just to go veggie. Primarily important to keep healthy diet with no alcohol, no animal stuff at all, no sweets, no ketchups and so on...

Not easy but possible. And one MUST cleanse all the body. Kill parasites with special herbals and maintain healthy micro flora. Only this way of strict regimen.

I suppose that whey protein and supergreens powder have all nutrients that body needs.

I'm for limiting grains (very hard to do in this culture), not abolishing them. From what I've read the vast problem with most Americans is that they're too acidic. With meat being much of the culprit (plus sugar and starches). I'd also add maybe TCM thinks of grains as balancing, in classical Taoism they're on of the evil list and not to be eaten.

I'm for limiting grains (very hard to do in this culture), not abolishing them. From what I've read the vast problem with most Americans is that they're too acidic. With meat being much of the culprit (plus sugar and starches). I'd also add maybe TCM thinks of grains as balancing, in classical Taoism they're on of the evil list and not to be eaten.

What is the classical Taoism? It is only metaphor!

Grain to be meant as food in general i.e. eat less. It is one of the sense of the metaphor.

Second one is that not to fall in mundane world of passion and so on... I have read good article on this where was explained that this is only metaphors. Yes, grains do some harm. But it is such grains as white rice and wheat. Avoid it. All other grains must be soaked in the water prior to cooking.

Sign in to follow this