Sign in to follow this  
1TRUECHISEEKER

New recruit to the Nei Kung teachings/training. Eager to learn but need Legitimate guidence

Hello all, i too am new to this site.. Ive been hoping to learn and practice as much about developing and using my internal chi energies, or Nei Kung as ive heard its called.. The only problem however is that there are alot of people out in this world who will give false teachings/training that will get you nowhere.. As much information and help with a newbie like me would be most appreciated.. I would like to get started as soon as possible!! Just need to know the correct and true authentic, proven ways though.. Ive read that meditation is the main way and there are specific techniques and exercises that produce certain results. I would like to mainly learn how to awaken and develop my yin and yang chi's to be a stronger person all around. Only allowed practices though please. I dont want to dis-respect anyone or their closed door traditions by practicing there techniques if im not allowed to. Thanks!!

most of the systems on here seem to definitely do -something-. but seeing some kind of result isn't always a good thing, you could just be screwing yourself up

exactly my fear.. i dont want to put time and effort into a system thats only going to produce negative results and hurt me or worse. i wish to actually excel using some real deal type of training. i would have loved to practice Mo'Pai training, it would have been a dream to achieve this. But unfortunately the doors are closed to me since im perceived as a westerner :(

Hey there. Welcome!

I found this book http://www.amazon.com/Root-Chinese-Kung-Secrets-Ymaa/dp/0940871076/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1370472098&sr=1-2&keywords=the+root+of+chinese+qi+gong about 20 years ago and it is amazing.

For an overall understanding of Qi; the types, the history, what to look for, what to look out for, but most importantly, for its very simple explanations of some deep and fundamental concepts, I highly recommend it.

My teacher speaks very little english and having studied this and a few other books really helped elevate my experience.

As for what to exactly to study, there is so much out there, a lot depends on where you live.

Ideally, find a local teacher and go try out their style.

You'll know very soon if it resonates with you.

Most of all congratulations on discovering you want to study.

Qi Gong and Nei Gong have changed my life.

Edited by silent thunder

lol another fake account...ahh

• Like 1

Great thank you Silent Thunder. I will definitely check it out!! I live in Arizona, so not too sure of any authentic teachers being out here since its pretty hot lol My dream however is to be trained by a real life master like Master John Chang!! but im sure everyone wants to lol

Right on good hunting to you, someone here will probably have a connection.

AZ seems to attract energy teachers of all sorts, specifically Sedona.

One more post and the rest of the forum is open to you. Cheers mate!

now that you mention it, i have heard before about Sedona attracting energy teachers ... ha, thats crazy. its only an hour and a half trip from where i live, so who knows what the future will bring. I really appreciate the help and warm welcoming. Cant wait to learn even more in this website and others!

i don't know about anyone elses experience with sedona but mine is this:

its a shitty tourist trap with sunburnt white people sitting at starbucks being misted with water while they drink their coffee. everything there is more expensive. they have tons of new age shops, cult like posts on their local craigslist and even a shop that can take a picture of your aura!! and then sell it to you!!!

also the mcdonalds at the grand canyon has triple the prices of a normal mcdonalds. then its 25$ to drive your car inside. but it works out for the native americans, they get a local discount at the mcdonalds!! how is that for a consolation prize?

arizona is up its own ass just like any other novelty american state or town :lol:

Edited by Flolfolil

Welcome to the fray :D

As a general introduction to many aspects and practices of Daoism, I highly recommend The Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity by Daniel Reid. He holds a BA in East Asian studies and an MA in Chinese Language and Civilization and has been living in Taiwan and Mainland China for decades. The book will provide you with a good overview of the basics of nutrition, sexual practices, breath work, meditation (the last three being parts of neigong) and a load of helpful information and practical advice on all kinds of health and lifestyle questions.

Thanks BANANAMONKEY, ill check out the book.. HA, with all of these book references it appears i have some reading to do.. but i welcome anything that can help me prepare and train for NeiKung.. Ive even begun stretching everyday so i can sit comfortably into the all beneficial Lotus position.

• Like 1

try mantak chia or michael winn.... healingtaousa.com.... that's what i'm getting into. they revealed many things that in China are traditionally kept secret

Sign in to follow this