joeblast

Taoist Yoga Discussion thread

lol i dont think its fake - i think parts of the process is missing - (see my earlier post about 9 circles to dan etc)

Also it doesnt say when exactly ur supposed to bring the shen light down (AFTER UVE MIXED YIN AND YANG) BTW

• Like 1

okay yes jim dance did open some stuff up in the third eye and open a block in the lungs BUT - he dispersed and dissipated some chi that i had condensed and packed tight into to the dantian! so although it was very good i wasn't happy about that cause it took me like 2 weeks to get back the chi he dissipated ..

but BTW what level is jim nance?

And all this golden elixir cultivation seems impossible in modern day society where if you do one thing wrong ur back to square one... thats why im doing the thunderpath...

and you dont get any powers till you've reached the golden elixir level so imo - might as well keep working on you dantian BATTERY by increasing its voltage and then speeding up the frequency then send the lights down there as they come...

what i wanna know is what happens when someone who's at LEVEL 30 decides to do the golden elixir... his immortal fetus would probably be INVINCIBLE

• Like 1

Drew,

Considering all the different phases and levels described not only in TY but it many other manuals, what do you think would happen to a practicer that solely concentrated on the LDT in his practice, regardless of manifestations of Spirit, Vitality, Unions, Transmutations, Embryo etc.

If they just abided in non-discrimination and practice wu wei on the LDT, do you think the alchemical agent would spoil sooner or later when he reaches a process where something particular is required ie: intention, circulation among specific routes, or do you think the body/mind/spirit inherently will know how to transmute san bao and create the immortal all on it's own?

• Like 1

Drew,

Considering all the different phases and levels described not only in TY but it many other manuals, what do you think would happen to a practicer that solely concentrated on the LDT in his practice, regardless of manifestations of Spirit, Vitality, Unions, Transmutations, Embryo etc.

If they just abided in non-discrimination and practice wu wei on the LDT, do you think the alchemical agent would spoil sooner or later when he reaches a process where something particular is required ie: intention, circulation among specific routes, or do you think the body/mind/spirit inherently will know how to transmute san bao and create the immortal all on it's own?

See all that stuff you're talking about is based on attachment to form and attachment to sensation and attachment to conception - which is basically the Buddhist Ch'an teaching of going into the Emptiness.

The Taoist Yoga manual is definitely influenced by Buddhist Ch'an teachings.

The thing is that the energy is really from yin-yang dynamics which means complementary opposites -- and so this is the secret of why the energy can be built up.

So I find the Taoist Yoga book to be amazingly helpful for understanding the form, sensation and conception dynamics of energy.

Jascha has claimed that the powers don't happen until you get the golden elixir - but that is just where the book describes the powers -- because if the powers are used before that level then the practiser will fall back in the training.

So in a worldly context the "powers" are going to be used right away! This is why the Taoist Yoga book focuses on stopping the loss of energy from so many sources.

It's just that I can experience this stuff directly - from the "inside out" as qigong master Jim Nance says.

So we have to learn to trust the energy masters who can actually see inside our bodies and therefore know us better than we know ourselves!!

In the traditional training it is the teacher who chooses the students and most students are not qualified.

In the Western modern setting the student acts more like a spoiled consumer and needs to find the perfect teacher. haha.

This reminds me of the kungfu movie - is it prodigal son? Or -- anyway the fat spoiled kid getting trained by fake masters who then pay people to pretend to get beat up by the fat spoiled kid. haha. I can't remember what happens - but that pretty much sums up the scene.

For example qigong master Chunyi Lin says that when he does a healing it actually only takes him a few seconds to send the energy!! Maybe a couple minutes. But the phone healing time is set at 10 minutes just because people think they are paying for the time. haha.

When qigong master Jim Nance healed my mom I asked him how many times he sent her energy. He said that she really needed the energy so he sent it to her several times. So that was the equivalent of several normal phone healings - he was talking to me for over 2 hours but we were just talking and I had no idea he had been healing my mom until he told me he had been "having a conversation" with her. haha.

In 2005 Jim Nance was in full lotus and said he was going to continue meditating and I asked if I could join him and he said "maybe later" and so I biked home and I went into meditation and suddenly the center of my brain was on fire so strong that I could not handle the energy!! The next week when I returned to class Jim pulled me into the hallway - "did you feel anything?" Suddenly I remembered when he had said "Maybe later" and realized what he had meant - not physically later but later as when he would visit me.

He then told me that when he goes some place to heal - he is really there. And so then when I later reminded qigong master Jim Nance of what happened he said that when he first was learning distant healing he used too much energy at first. haha.

Chunyi Lin said he can read people's past lives and qigong master Jim Nance confirmed this when he told me that Chunyi had told Jim about his past life information but stopped telling Jim because he didn't think Jim needed to know. Chunyi said he only tells people when it will help them for a healing.

So when Chunyi Lin said -- when I asked him if he had created a yang spirit - another physical body - and this is when Chunyi Lin also said he personally knows practisers achieving the golden immortal body in the mountains of China - and so when he says people told him they saw his physical body outside when Chunyi was inside meditating.

So for the power to see past lives - this is after the golden immortal seed has been created -- and so it seems that Chunyi did create a yang spirit but now he is waiting before he continues his practice. He said his dream is to do a year of cave meditation - no sleeping the whole time.

So these are real people achieving these goals but in the mean time they are doing miraculous healings and relieving people's sufferings just like is advocated at the end of Taoist Yoga.

And so yes Chunyi Lin has relied on the MCO practice to achieve these goals but he also trained at Shaolin and then did long cave meditation retreats - so he was doing long meditation retreats of several months at a time.

Also he set up his work schedule so he could meditate all the time and then just work a couple days a week.

So this is the type of dedication that is required.

As far as just focusing on the lower tan t'ien -- this would be similar to practicing mind yoga or what Bodri and Nan call "cessation and contemplation."

This means the process of meditation is also the same as the goal - but it is also the slowest path of meditation.

So I tend to think that knowing the yin-yang dynamics is the real key - and of course this includes the lower tan t'ien secret -- but also the left hand as the dragon cavity and right hand as the tiger cavity - and that is the basis for the "moving of yin and yang" exercise that is the standing MCO practice for Spring forest Qigong.

Qigong master Yan Xin warns against too much emptiness meditation and not enough of the movement of energy exercises.

So I think while going into the Emptiness as the foundation of the practice is the real key but that it needs to be understood as a dynamic of complementary opposites or yin-yang energy transformation.

For example a great way to know if progress has been made is from the full lotus yoga position as this indicates the opening of the macrocosmic orbit.

So if a person can sit in full lotus in ease for 4 hours - no pain, no movement - that means their body is full of chi energy and so that means the third eye is definitely opened up.

That right there is really all a person needs to know - like how qigong master Wang Liping started out his training - 4 hours of nonstop full lotus - and then continued that until he could read the energy in front of him - outside of his head.

So the full lotus also means the eight-circuit energy path - and so the secret of why it works is that it is like connecting a battery of the yin-yang energy channels.

It is very very easy for the mind to get deluded in this type of training and so if a person can't sit in full lotus then you know that they have not even filled up their lower tan t'ien yet with yin chi energy.

Most people never get to the stage of filling up the lower tan t'ien with yin chi energy and they are also deluded about how to do this.

The book Taoist Yoga by pointing out the role of the prenatal vitality cavity in the medulla oblongata getting activated by impure thoughts to then drain the energy out as fluid - this shows that real Emptiness focus then is on the center of the brain as the cavity of spirit which then causes the energy to descend instead to the lower tan t'ien.

But obviously putting the tongue against the roof of the mouth is another key secret based on the yin-yang dynamics.

So for example in Islam a person is saying Allah all the time and the word requires putting the tongue against the roof of the mouth! Also if you read the hadiths of the Koran it says how Mohammed relied on the Sun being the right hand and the Moon being the left hand. haha. Amazing!! You would never realize that Mohammed was actually practicing Taoist Yoga alchemy.

So basically the purification process at first does require all this conceptual knowledge about form and sensation but the fastest and most real way to build up the energy is to seek out real energy masters! It is very rare to find an energy master with the third eye fully open - and Chunyi Lin is one master. That is why there are so many testimonials of how he has healed people with very serious conditions. Chunyi Lin trained Jim Nance to also fully open his third eye.

Now obviously they are not full "earth immortals" as described at the end of Taoist Yoga - but they have definitely had a taste of the advanced levels of this training book.

But yeah for me to really study this book is really a treasure since it describes specifically the errors I have made - like the powers developed in this training - like False Fire of the Heart - how when you build up the energy it is then more easily activated but this is actually an illusory agent unless it is only based on going into the Emptiness.

And so with worldly distractions when we build up energy then automatically other sources will want that energy as that is where energy flows. So this is part of the yin-yang dynamics -- and really it is not "us" who is building up the energy! We sacrifice our egos by building up the energy -- the more you go into the Emptiness then the more power you have. So it requires submission to the energy masters - and also then recharging the energy from the Emptiness.

It seems very frustrating if we lose energy that we stored up -- and this is the focus of the book "Taoist Yoga" -- how not to lose that energy. But when the demonic visions arise - which is really how to describe the modern world - then the best method is to go deeper into the Emptiness. As the book describes - to visualize a blackness and then the evil gets sucked into it and then the blackness is discharged from the body as smoke and then we keep taking in more golden light energy into the lower tan t'ien.

So for example the golden prenatal eternal life chi energy can be recharged by taking in this golden light into the lower tan t'ien. But you can also recharge your jing vitality using postnatal sources -- like mainly food. So this postnatal energy normally turns into yin jing energy which is then lost as fluid -- and so it requires more emptiness focus to bring down more light energy which then transforms the yin jing into yang jing as yin chi energy. Then it requires more light focus to transform the yin chi into yang chi energy which manifests as the spirit-vitality in front of the eyes. So at that stage of chapter six - then the eternal life can continue being built up since as the middle tan t'ien increases the yang chi energy then the third eye finally fully opens up as the eternal nature immortality.

So this yin spirit ability -- as Master Nan and Bodri state - it is dangerous to get attached to this ability because then as an "immortal" yin spirit you can then just keep cycling through the realms of existence. But this is not the same as being a ghost - because the Taoist Yoga training very specifically is based on creating the spirit-vitality cavity in the lower tan tien so that there is a unified chi energy that powers the spirit energy. If it had just been mind yoga on its own then yes it might be possible to then detach the yin spirit from the body without having enough chi energy to power the yin spirit. Then when the body gets sick then the mind becomes confused about the yin spirit and then it does just turn back into a ghost.

So this is why qi energy really is the focus and not the shen light energy which can just be the same as a ghost. And so the cavity of spirit is in the middle of the brain and connects down to the feet and the cavity of prenatal vitality is in the back of the brain and connects to the base of the penis as the cavity of vitality. Those two cavities then have to be connected by the cavity of spirit descending to create the lower tan t'ien which is the purification of the cavity of vitality which naturally descends from the cavity of prenatal vitality in the back of the head. And so it is the MCO that makes that connection by reversing the mind yoga process -- instead of trying to get the cavity of spirit to descend you instead sublimate the cavity of vitality so that it finally breaks into and opens up the cavity of spirit. Of course this process is not one or the other - but it is a cycling of this energy.

Qigong master Chunyi Lin has stated that 20 minutes of full lotus yoga meditation is worth four hours of any other type of meditation. Qigong master Jim Nance has stated that sitting in full lotus will automatically purifying your energy - as a meditation practice - and using the prayer mudra in front of the heart is best to do this. This is also what Chunyi Lin teaches - this prayer position - is also taught from Zhong Gong.

Finally qigong master Chunyi Lin has stated that the small universe MCO will happen on its own when you do the full lotus meditation. So I would say if someone wants the simple direct approach then it would be to sit in full lotus with the tongue up on the soft palate and to focus your mind on the Emptiness, the source of the I-thought. Taoist Yoga says to keep "one immovable thought" for me the best is the I-thought because it is not like other thoughts - it is the root thought of the mind - the root of the ego.

• Like 2

Great Discussions! im new to the site and to the world of Taoism, but must say that im glad ive joined a place with so much information. The book TY that has been discussed was recommended to me and im in the later chapters. I must say that it has been very enlightening and Im glad EFFILANG is attempting to piece together an actual how-to manual that is easy to understand. The only issue i can see with this however, is that although the book does state in one of the question/answer sections that all of this instruction is for those who cannot find an "enlightened" master/teacher in our day in age, it does still recommend a teacher be found to ensure your training is correct. Stressing the concern of a post i read earlier in the thread, experience from an enlightened master/teacher is invaluable to ensure correctness and progress. I admire the attempt of putting everyones heads together to decipher and unlock an ancient text, but wouldnt it kinda be for not if you dont have that experienced enlightened one in your corner pointing out any mistakes? By some posts ive read on this site i know we have some pretty deep intellectual minds, so maybe this attempt may be possible. Im kind of a realist, so i tend to try and see both possibilities or aspects of anything and everything, so just raising or expressing a concern.

Like many on here my goal was to achieve or be put on the path of what i saw Master John Chang accomplish from that infamous video which is the fusion of yin and yang chi. He proved and showed his Mastery. Unfortunately, im not allowed to follow his path, which is the Mo-Pai way without an authorized teacher.

PYTHAGOREANFULLLOTUS from the posts ive read you claim that Chunyi Lin and Jim Nance are true enlightened masters, for which i will definetely check out. I just dont want to be mis'led and put in quality training time for nothing. Finding an actual legitimate teacher/master is extremely difficult as im sure everyone here knows. However being a beginner i wish to fill my cup with enlightened knowledge of real training and methods to excel, not wasteful incorrect information that gets you nowhere or worse yet, harmful. The TY book does somewhat show how to achieve immortality, but its definitely strict discipline wise in this day and age. Will it help me attain fusing yin/yang that which i saw Master Chang do, or is that a different type of training altogether? Ive learned that meditation is the key, and that the full lotus position is the most desired as far as results come by. Is abstinence the only way when collecting chi into the dantien, or are there certain exceptions for other types of training?

Great Discussions! im new to the site and to the world of Taoism, but must say that im glad ive joined a place with so much information. The book TY that has been discussed was recommended to me and im in the later chapters. I must say that it has been very enlightening and Im glad EFFILANG is attempting to piece together an actual how-to manual that is easy to understand. The only issue i can see with this however, is that although the book does state in one of the question/answer sections that all of this instruction is for those who cannot find an "enlightened" master/teacher in our day in age, it does still recommend a teacher be found to ensure your training is correct. Stressing the concern of a post i read earlier in the thread, experience from an enlightened master/teacher is invaluable to ensure correctness and progress. I admire the attempt of putting everyones heads together to decipher and unlock an ancient text, but wouldnt it kinda be for not if you dont have that experienced enlightened one in your corner pointing out any mistakes? By some posts ive read on this site i know we have some pretty deep intellectual minds, so maybe this attempt may be possible. Im kind of a realist, so i tend to try and see both possibilities or aspects of anything and everything, so just raising or expressing a concern.

Like many on here my goal was to achieve or be put on the path of what i saw Master John Chang accomplish from that infamous video which is the fusion of yin and yang chi. He proved and showed his Mastery. Unfortunately, im not allowed to follow his path, which is the Mo-Pai way without an authorized teacher.

PYTHAGOREANFULLLOTUS from the posts ive read you claim that Chunyi Lin and Jim Nance are true enlightened masters, for which i will definetely check out. I just dont want to be mis'led and put in quality training time for nothing. Finding an actual legitimate teacher/master is extremely difficult as im sure everyone here knows. However being a beginner i wish to fill my cup with enlightened knowledge of real training and methods to excel, not wasteful incorrect information that gets you nowhere or worse yet, harmful. The TY book does somewhat show how to achieve immortality, but its definitely strict discipline wise in this day and age. Will it help me attain fusing yin/yang that which i saw Master Chang do, or is that a different type of training altogether? Ive learned that meditation is the key, and that the full lotus position is the most desired as far as results come by. Is abstinence the only way when collecting chi into the dantien, or are there certain exceptions for other types of training?

This training is the same as fusing of yin and yang in the lower tan t'ien and this is also what qigong master Chunyi Lin teaches. As for getting the personal supervision of a master - you can always call the Spring Forest Qigong center and the qigong masters will read your energy and then transmit energy to you and you can ask any particular question you have. If you want "proof" that they are real - there are a couple great resources. One is that there is a "gold standard" science study proving they transmit "external qi" that is "especially impressive" - this is from a top medical center research doctor Ann Vincent who did the randomized controlled science study published in a peer reviewed journal. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20626055 and http://www.springforestqigong.com/index.php/sfq-for-health-professionals/medical-studies

The second great resource is third party testimonials which are detailed and healings of serious diseases - a few excellent ones are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkYWWyfbe7k

I have posted two "third party" testimonials right on this thread -- from people on thetaobums who have taken me up on this offer.

It is an offer - because what an amazing opportunity to have a master who has their third eye fully open to send you energy! They have proven themselves capable of doing amazing healing of very serious conditions. They have even submitted themselves to Western science standards.

Yeah so you just call 1-952-593-5555 to set up the phone healing.

So on whether abstinence is the only way -- I think Taoist Yoga proves this is true.

It depends on how powerful you want to get! Taoist Yoga -- the book - demonstrates amazing biophysical knowledge still unknown by Western science!!

This knowledge is that when there are thoughts that are perverse, licentious, evil, passion, etc. this activates the back of the brain - the medulla oblongata - causing it to send prenatal vitality down to the base of the penis to create generative fluid.

I can feel this immediately based on these thoughts - that's why I sit in full lotus at the computer. But if a person has their conscious controlled by these thoughts that means their prenatal vitality is stuck in their cavity of vitality and their cavity of spirit in the middle of the brain remains closed.

So the practice is to still the heart of passion and focus on the cavity of spirit which then descends down to create the lower tan tien by purifying the lower cavity of vitality to raise it up and turn it into the cavity of spirit-vitality - the lower tan t'ien.

This is the physiology of the training - it is not a method as much as the foundation for all the methods!!

So for example if you do long horse stance training then the extreme "quick fire" method will sublimate the vitality energy and thereby also empty out the mind to purify the thoughts which will cause it descent.

So that is what Gurdjieff called the Fakir method -- extreme use of the sympathetic nervous system causes a rebound back to the parasympathetic nervous system.

Your mind goal may not be celibacy -- but think about it - any kungfu movie - the old skool ones - are based on the males training in isolation. The qigong masters are jokingly called "Virgin Kungfu masters."

umm so this is just the assumption of the training. Mo Pai is closed to Westerners and so it is easy for Westerners to want to project onto Mo Pai to create their own fantasies. haha.

But for example Chunyi Lin went on retreat for three months at Shaolin and then he did cave meditation for 2 months - nonstop full lotus - no sleep - just a few apples and a few small bottles of water.

So for advanced training there needs to be retreat.

Even Mantak Chia says to have celibacy for at least 100 days - and this means mind celibacy also.

So how strict you are on this standard - it is the most difficult part of the training.

Just talking about it nullify it. The training has to be done in secret then.

Western modern society is completely against this training.

This is the physiology of the training - it is not a method as much as the foundation for all the methods!!

see. So the TY is the basis from which all training methods such as "Mo Pai" has evolved from. It makes sense

Your mind goal may not be celibacy -- but think about it - any kungfu movie - the old skool ones - are based on the males training in isolation. The qigong masters are jokingly called "Virgin Kungfu masters."

So on whether abstinence is the only way -- I think Taoist Yoga proves this is true.

so then simply not "expelling" semen wont work for this i take it? I wish to do this the right way to gather Yin/Yang chi, so just want to be sure, as i do have a gf.

DUDE - U need to 100 days no ejaculation... half or full lotus - reverse breathe or buddhist breath - doesn't matter - your dantian will be filled up as manifested by heat and vibration within if not before the 100 days -then compress for few months, move it, than mix it with the yin chi

• Like 1

see. So the TY is the basis from which all training methods such as "Mo Pai" has evolved from. It makes sense

so then simply not "expelling" semen wont work for this i take it? I wish to do this the right way to gather Yin/Yang chi, so just want to be sure, as i do have a gf.

Right! So many Westerners think they need to just "retain" the semen - this is not the real practice.

The real practice means having the mind focused on the heart - or stilling the heart through unconditional love as compassion -- as the Emptiness.

It means -- very specifically -- that the evil thoughts are like a switch that triggers the back of the brain to then cause the chi energy to descend which then activates the creation of the fluid.

So obviously just retaining that fluid is not good enough.

If such a thing happens then the mind Emptiness has to be restored and this means - to sublimate the fluid back up the spine but then to also bring it down the front of the body again.

I do this via the vagus nerve - so the right side vagus nerve pulsates to bring the fluid back up to the brain. The left side vagus nerve pulsates to Empty out the mind (the left brain) and to then bring the energy down to the heart to purify the energy.

That's how you then create the chi energy from the generative energy.

So I am speaking from experience. To translate that back into Taoist Yoga terms? hmmm....

What I'm talking about it STILL not the real alchemical agent.

The Alchemical agent is not formed until the lower tan t'ien is full of yin chi.

Yin chi is created by the heart purification process - it is the yang jing energy.

So otherwise when the evil thoughts occur it activates the back of the brain which then creates yin jing energy or negative generative force which then creates the generative fluid.

So what happens is that yin chi energy is the positive generative force -- it needs to be filled up in the lower tan t'ien first - and then you start making yang chi energy.

So the yang chi as prenatal vitality descends but as it descends it turns into yin jing energy and then into generative fluid.

If you instead of having evil thoughts - if you empty out the mind and still the heart then the cavity of spirit prenatal vitality descends to create the lower tan t'ien as the cavity of spirit-vitality.

So when you create the lower tan t'ien it is FIRST based on the mind being pure - or the heart being pure - and so this then causes the jing energy to be yin chi or yang jing energy instead of being yin jing or negative generative force.

So this same purification process has to go on from the postnatal energy sources also - from food and air.

umm..... so the big problem is of course to always empty the mind out despite the exterior influences which are evil.

Well modern society is basically evil based on this principle. haha.

For example qigong master Jim Nance told me that he doesn't like books or movies with swear words or sex - but aggression is o.k. He said there is a very good reason for this and it's crucial to the training!

I said - yeah I know that's why I like hanging out with you! haha.

I assure you that it's the electromagnetic intention of the brain that matters - or you could say the spirit-vitality energy.

So for example if someone has their spirit stuck or fixated in the cavity of vitality - which means they are always draining their energy like that down the back of the brain to create fluid - I can actually sense that electromagnetic intention - even if the person's words do not admit to this!!

I used to call this the "perv attack" - but now with Taoist YOga I know precisely what the psychophysiological dynamic is.

So the best "defense" for this is to empty out the mind - which for me means just to focus my pineal gland -- so that is the cavity of spirit - I can feel it intensify in magnetic force when I focus on it -the center of my brain - and that actually reverses this back of the brain fluid trigger from evil thoughts.

Some times it also takes the "quick breath" method as taught in Taoist Yoga - so like strong exercise that induces strong reverse breathing - to sublimate the energy back up -- and then along with emptying the mind this will bring the energy back down.

So obviously people do not take this stuff seriously - but now from the Taoist Yoga book we know in precise detail why it is so serious to the training.

There are constant "evil" distractions - since the training is based on purifying the energy.

But if you can empty your mind then it's easier to "escape" or defend yourself from the distractions.

I am still working on this.

but for example if I had gotten angry -- then I try to exorcise the energy imbalance - but lets say then I see qigong master Jim Nance later in the day but I didn't have a chance to get the energy down to the heart to purify the energy -- so then qigong master Jim Nance will not only pick up on that anger blockage - even though I am not currently angry -- it is a subconscious blockage that is stored in the body - and so he will also pick up the specifics of what caused the anger, etc. So then he will remind me to practice unconditional love of the heart.

It's amazing how true love is kind of unknown in the modern Westernized world - just because males have not been really initiated into this energy training to open up their hearts and to create the yin chi energy to fill up their lower tan t'ien.

Yea i figured the whole retaining semen wouldnt fly, based on what the book had mentioned that the simple thought alone would start a chain reaction to discharge the wrong thing. Pretty much what you said above. From other books i have read so far, I was under the impression that you collect yang chi into the dantien when meditating and breathing correctly. Also that you would gather Yin chi from sitting on the earth (connected to the earth) while meditating. Both yang and yin chi energy's could only be collected into the dantien when in "true meditation" or stilling of the mind. Im guessing that when in this state is when cavity of spirit in the mind opens and sends the chi into the lower dantien? I dont mean to get off topic of this thread if i am. im pretty new at all of this and am simply want to understand fully so i can practice correctly. Obviously there is ALOT of mis-information out there that im trying to see thru. By all means please PM me the information if im off topic. I greatly appreciate any and all knowledge of a helping hand that my fellow brothers have given and can still share. :)

Yea i figured the whole retaining semen wouldnt fly, based on what the book had mentioned that the simple thought alone would start a chain reaction to discharge the wrong thing. Pretty much what you said above. From other books i have read so far, I was under the impression that you collect yang chi into the dantien when meditating and breathing correctly. Also that you would gather Yin chi from sitting on the earth (connected to the earth) while meditating. Both yang and yin chi energy's could only be collected into the dantien when in "true meditation" or stilling of the mind. Im guessing that when in this state is when cavity of spirit in the mind opens and sends the chi into the lower dantien? I dont mean to get off topic of this thread if i am. im pretty new at all of this and am simply want to understand fully so i can practice correctly. Obviously there is ALOT of mis-information out there that im trying to see thru. By all means please PM me the information if im off topic. I greatly appreciate any and all knowledge of a helping hand that my fellow brothers have given and can still share. :)

Actually you are right on topic as that is the crucial question. My understanding is the lower tan tien first fills with yin chi (yang jing) and then the middle tan tien is activated at the Solar Plexus -- and so yeah at that point you are creating the yang chi -- or storing it up - the cauldron has moved up. So the stove is always in the lower tan t'ien as you gotta keep the generative force - the jing energy - warm to hot. Ummm..... so yeah when the solar plexus as the middle cauldron is activated then you are already radiating light energy outside of the head - the third eye has opened up - but it is not FULLY open yet. So that means the foundation is not finished yet -- and so at first the light is not strong enough - and also if your light spirit leaves your body too much then it causes a spacetime vortex as dizziness -- the room spinning around you. So then you need to keep storing the spirit energy back in the lower tan t'ien.

So the yang chi is actually spirit-vitality.

gotta go for now.

Yeah right so in the Emptiness then the heart is stilled -- and so this means you activate your cavity of eternal nature -- or the cavity of spirit -- in the center of the brain and then it descends to the lower tan t'ien via the salvia after the tongue is against the roof of the mouth. So the big thing is this converts your yin jing energy into yang jing or yin chi energy.

So why is this so difficult? Because yin chi energy gives females orgasms! So for the normal male evil thoughts cause the cavity of spirit to activate the back of the brain as the cavity of prenatal vitality which then triggers the deconversion of the yin chi back into fluid.

O.K. so if you build up your yin chi energy then -- like in traditional China the females were not allowed to engage males in conversation! That was even in the 1980s! But in the U.S. with the females being "liberated" -- then when you build up your yin chi the females go spread eagle on you - in public - and making orgasmic moaning sounds, etc. So they are doing what they can to suck up your yin chi energy since that will activate their vagus nerve connected to their cervix to give them orgasm.

So for the ordinary male this is all subconscious -- the energy of the fluid is from the yin jing energy which comes from the yang jing energy which comes from the yang chi energy in the cavity of prenatal vitality in the back of the brain which comes from the cavity of spirit in the center of the brain which comes from the organ of essential nature - the heart center.

That is the house that jack built.

umm -- so Taoist Yoga warns about this repeatedly - that as you build up the yin chi energy then you can get "activated" much more easily but that is NOT the alchemical agent since it is based on the evil thoughts which create the fluid. So then you have to reverse that whole process.

So taking in yin chi from the Earth is great but it is nothing compared to females sucking up your yin chi - that is why there are so many books on tantra, etc. The thing about tantra is that when females climax then they transmit out their yin jing energy which is then sucked in through the perineum - but again it still has to be converted into yang jing energy. So anyway it takes a lot of jing energy to create yang chi energy - and so the conversion process - like if you transmit energy into females to give them orgasms - then you are losing the yuanqi -- since it takes yuanqi to then make the "cavity of vitality" in the lower body. So you have the cavity of prenatal vitality in the back of the brain - but then the cavity of vitality in the lower body can be recharged from postnatal sources - but the primary recharge source is from food.

So with tantra after say 40 mutual climaxes - being internal for the male also -- and therefore multiple -- what happens is you are converting jing energy into chi energy and so you are giving the female more and more chi energy and so it creates a mutual feedback to purify each other's energy. Sopens then what happens is that the yang chi starts to be formed. But this is the limit of the tantra practice -- so you have real love as the heart center is opened up and it is electromagnetic love. It feels like your bodies are interwoven electromagnetically - and if you are physically distant you still feel the connection and so it creates heart break.

So for example Bodri and Nan -- they have an article on tantra -- saying it is limited to "emptying out the lower realm of form." That means the lower level of the middle tan tien -- the yang chi energy. So yeah from tantra you can maintain your health and find real love - and both things are rare - but the level of chi energy is still very limited. It does not take a lot of chi energy to give females orgasms. haha.

O.K. so also tantra is a dirty practice because you are using evil thoughts -- even though the orgasms are internal - it still means the fluid goes up the back and then this has to be purified - but instead of purifying it - you are then just transmitting out the energy via the pineal gland which is transducing the fluid into yin chi energy. So that type of tantra can not be practiced until after the third eye is already opened some what - but again this is called False Fire of the Heart by the Taoist Yoga book. Again you are using up the yuanqi energy and so it is an illusory agent because the more you have the internal orgasms after erection - you take in yin jing energy from the female but it takes more yin jing energy to make less chi energy. Yeah so also when you sublimate up the fluid you also sublimate up all the other dirty energy like the anaerobic bacteria of the lower body - the e. coli - which then leaches out of the skull.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 2

Actually you are right on topic as that is the crucial question. My understanding is the lower tan tien first fills with yin chi (yang jing) and then the middle tan tien is activated at the Solar Plexus -- and so yeah at that point you are creating the yang chi -- or storing it up - the cauldron has moved up. So the stove is always in the lower tan t'ien as you gotta keep the generative force - the jing energy - warm to hot. Ummm..... so yeah when the solar plexus as the middle cauldron is activated then you are already radiating light energy outside of the head - the third eye has opened up - but it is not FULLY open yet. So that means the foundation is not finished yet -- and so at first the light is not strong enough - and also if your light spirit leaves your body too much then it causes a spacetime vortex as dizziness -- the room spinning around you. So then you need to keep storing the spirit energy back in the lower tan t'ien.

At first you need to structure your dantian. For this purpose, use a special method, which will help you to make an alchemical dantian from usual dantian.

You also need to collect Yang Qi and activate it. This is work with Post-Heaven Qi.

Then you need to find and feel Pre-Heaven Qi, after that collect Yin Qi, after that coagulate Yang and Yin Qi, and after that use special method for fusion of Yang and Yin Qi.

Of course, this is a very simplified description.

• Like 2

Taoist texts often express themselves symbolically in the terminology of alchemy, considering the human body to be the laboratory of spiritual transmutation. Since heat is an essential element of alchemy, the tip of the nose is called the Spirit Stove.

“The fire" is the human spirit; the breathing is the bellows of the fire. The unbroken continuity of the bellows is then realized

An infant is utterly natural. It has no motivations, analyses, or reflections. It simply IS. It does not think; it perceives. It lives as a matter of simple being. The supreme sage Lao Tzu, speaking as the voice of the Tao, tells us that undivided attention to the breath, letting it be spontaneous and subtle, enables us to become as infants. He then tells us that when we clear away all mind mirages, our consciousness shall be like a flawless crystal.

This verse is a reference to “womb breathing” mentioned in texts Womb breathing is internal breathing, the movement of the subtle breath that occurs in the womb before the child is born and begins breathing through the lungs. In meditation the breath becomes subtle and internal, mirroring the state in the womb the true breath does not go in or out.

• Like 4

At first you need to structure your dantian. For this purpose, use a special method, which will help you to make an alchemical dantian from usual dantian.

You also need to collect Yang Qi and activate it. This is work with Post-Heaven Qi.

Then you need to find and feel Pre-Heaven Qi, after that collect Yin Qi, after that coagulate Yang and Yin Qi, and after that use special method for fusion of Yang and Yin Qi.

Of course, this is a very simplified description.

yeah maybe you want to elaborate.

Like how?

first you need to collect yang qi.

O.k. but HOW? haha.

and so on.

I could see how this is similar to the Taoist Yoga book but what you wrote doesn't really mean much without providing the "how" part.

• Like 1

O.k. but HOW? haha

Indeed, too many people on this forum throw terminology around without ever explaining the basic psycho-physiological mechanics required to bring about the manifestation of their terms.

Most of what we practice does not go beyond simple things like, moving the anus, moving the perineum, moving the abdomen, breathing quickly, breathing slowly, holding the breath, stopping the breath, moving the eyes, closing the eyes, opening the eyes, shutting the nose, shutting the anus, finger mudras, half-lotus, full-lotus, sitting in a chair, laying down, walking, standing, relaxing, inhaling, exhaling, shaking, pinching, pulling, pushing, compressing, expanding, directing the intention, restraining the intention and finally wu wei.

So why then is everyone so lost for words when it comes to simple clarifications as if there is more to it than this?

If you cannot explain it in simple words, you do not understand it well enough.

Edited by effilang
  • Like 3

For the past couple days I've noticed occasionally looking at people and seeing segments of their timeline, either past or future. There is one classmate and this just happened with her and I saw severe trauma in her past, it was very disturbing. Does this come with the territory in the training?

• Like 1

For the past couple days I've noticed occasionally looking at people and seeing segments of their timeline, either past or future. There is one classmate and this just happened with her and I saw severe trauma in her past, it was very disturbing. Does this come with the territory in the training?

I think it does buddy. Been going through the same thing.

Often I don't know how to tell them about it so I lie and say, hey, I had a "dream about you last night", even though it normally occurs in a fully wakeful state.

yeah maybe you want to elaborate.

Like how?

first you need to collect yang qi.

O.k. but HOW? haha.

and so on.

I could see how this is similar to the Taoist Yoga book but what you wrote doesn't really mean much without providing the "how" part.

I know very well how to do all what I said.

Before practising these methods of inner alchemy, you need to learn other special part of Daoist teaching called "building the foundation" [筑基] and "refine the self" [炼己]

Sorry, but I can't write it in detail, because it will take too long time to write.

• Like 3

I think it does buddy. Been going through the same thing.

Often I don't know how to tell them about it so I lie and say, hey, I had a "dream about you last night", even though it normally occurs in a fully wakeful state.

Right I have the same dilemma as to how or if you say anything to them lol.

So why then is everyone so lost for words when it comes to simple clarifications as if there is more to it than this?

I have a great experience in teaching daoist arts, so I agree with you completely.

I have been learning Daoist teaching with Grandmaster Lu Shiyang, so I can explain Daoist methods of Inner Alchemy in simple words, but I don't have enough time to do it in writing.

• Like 2

Indeed, too many people on this forum throw terminology around without ever explaining the basic psycho-physiological mechanics required to bring about the manifestation of their terms.

Most of what we practice does not go beyond simple things like, moving the anus, moving the perineum, moving the abdomen, breathing quickly, breathing slowly, holding the breath, stopping the breath, moving the eyes, closing the eyes, opening the eyes, shutting the nose, shutting the anus, finger mudras, half-lotus, full-lotus, sitting in a chair, laying down, walking, standing, relaxing, inhaling, exhaling, shaking, pinching, pulling, pushing, compressing, expanding, directing the intention, restraining the intention and finally wu wei.

Right and I do think that Taoist Yoga is very straight forward -- it tells you how -- it's just not so easy to practice. haha.

• Like 1

One must work the highly discriminative conscious spirit (yin in nature) into harmony with the all-inclusive and non discriminative primordial spirit (yang). This is the yin-and-yang union.

If basic energy was actual concealed in an elixir field or aperture it is using the temporal and is not worth discussing.

Body and mind are the cauldron and furnace. Heaven is mind, earth is body those who set up a physical location for caulden and furnace are mistaken.

Vitality, energy and spirit have no physical location,we call them three but it is just one energy.The three elixir field symbolize, are associated with vitality energy and spirit.

• Like 1

One must work the highly discriminative conscious spirit (yin in nature) into harmony with the all-inclusive and non discriminative primordial spirit (yang). This is the yin-and-yang union.

If basic energy was actual concealed in an elixir field or aperture it is using the temporal and is not worth discussing.

Body and mind are the cauldron and furnace. Heaven is mind, earth is body those who set up a physical location for caulden and furnace are mistaken.

Vitality, energy and spirit have no physical location,we call them three but it is just one energy.The three elixir field symbolize, are associated with vitality energy and spirit.

yep -- so what is your training lineage? Maybe link to some back posts.

So yes after the third eye opens up then reality becomes holographic - external and internal merge.

Yin chi is the psychic mind energy.

The three in one harmony means that Emptiness is the process of energy creation - we exist in Emptiness and so the impersonal light energy just keeps transforming when it turns back into the personal level.

So the more power a person has the less personal the power is.

• Like 1

The three in one harmony means that Emptiness is the process of energy creation - we exist in Emptiness and so the impersonal light energy just keeps transforming when it turns back into the personal level.

So the more power a person has the less personal the power is.

According to Heart Sutra. "It never increase nor decrease"

I guess we're describing the same thing. But I prefer it as win-win situation instead of win-lose view.

So in your semantic, I'd say "the more power a person has the more freedom the power is"

Edited by hydrogen