h.uriahr

Bak Fu Pai's Sunn Yee Gong-Q&A

Ronko,

Dont stop bro, skys the limits the dao works in mysterious ways & im here to help you in anyway mate!

I did a very intense SYG Level 1 today seated, standing, standing short & long form, when I was done its was 2.5hrs passed I also listened to my bodies energy to move into the next meditation rather look for "Oh im gonna sit or stand for this amount of time", so keep that in mind cause when it comes to SYG you must be one with your body & Dao, dont judge, just do but be honest and do it from the heart and you will attain much more.

One..

Sifu

• Like 3

Hey Sifu

Cheers mate :D

Wo that sounds like a nice full on session of SYG ! Bet you where buzzing from all that energy! hehe

Its funny you mentioned about the timing as Im just starting to do the sitting meds without timing and just flow with it.

I am still timing myself on the standing though as I know I would quit way earlier than I should.

So How many more sitting meds is there for level 1 ?

Is it 3 videos of 6 meds So one last volume left to be released ?

I havent moved onto the latest release yet as I am no where near ready to move on from the 1st 6 sitting meds.

• Like 2

Yep one more left and the last few are seated moving meds so will be harder to do but a good challenge. So as you see from stillness into movement in the seated. So all the accumulated Qi needs to move and thats why its important to understand each one and whats happening inside yourself.

Awesome buzz, as u know the 1st seated med looks like nothing to most but its really good to get the mind and body to still so its one of my favourites.

chat soon

Sifu

• Like 1

Ive had 2 people one is my long time student since 1997 and just recently someone that has been doing the SYG from the DVDs that has experienced the same thing. My long time student when he started the SYG said whilst in meditation feel into a trance like state and had a vision of him sitting on or amongst clouds with dragons moving around him, he said it was a feeling of protection & courage I got a email the other day and got almost the same identical story, anyone here experience visions through SYG?

• Like 1

Wooo well cool !

Hope I get to experience such an amazing vision !

But if not , its all good ! haha , no expectations !!!

Edited by ronko

Does anyone know the reason why in SYG and Bak Fu Pai why and what the purpose is for, for doing the breath percentages? ;)

Breath percentage is a secret alchemical process and this is what will propel your meditations and moving meditations to a much higher level.

Open for discussion...

Sifu :)

Garry,

Curious as to your thoughts on something. I have been learning various forms of chi kung for 20 years. Until encountering flying phoenix, i had never before known of a chi kung system that uses the breath percentages, and I have learned many. And not only do I find GMDW's chi kungs much more powerful than the other forms I've learned, but they ALL seem to have these breath percentages, while simultaneously coming from many different sources (goddesses, wanderers, trades with others...) It seems like a big coincidence that the GM's family would 'bump into' other people whose chi kung also had breath percentages- what are your thoughts on this? Seems weird that all his chikungs are crazy powerful, all have breath percentages, and all come from different sources....

Edited by growant
  • Like 1

Yup Totally understand and valid questions, this was from Sifu (GMDW), He said that FDD found a very profound & deeper alchemical process than the normal intent on dan tian/s etc. Lately I have had a break through in my research on this and this is why I posted my questions. This also brings me to your answer, FDD added the breath percentages to BFP methods that he had learnt from all over. Modified for good or worse?? I cant say but as you I can do certain Qi Kung system from my other styles that dont have breath percentages I still get the results and energy moving etc, but I try the BFP methods I do without the breath percentage and I get a different energy or level of stillness. AGAIN good or bad I dont think its any bad just all good just different. I will leave it here for now cause Im hoping you ask me some more questions cause I want you to think about my answer and hopefully you may realise something from it. Remember all internal qi kung works on jing (ching) Qi (Hei), San (shen) so we have 3 levels of movement, 3 levels of understanding, 3 levels of development that is happening with doing SYG or FP when you do the breathing plus meds. Leave it here for now!!

• Like 1

From my modest experience the breath percentage triggers a specific movement of energy trough the body or in other words redirects the chi circulation from one place to another.When I hold MGM for example without the BP I start to feel the energy on the 5th minute or more but with the BP it happens almost immediately.

Of course I can be totally wrong on this one,its just a hunch I have.I would love to hear about your breakthrough in your research on BP

Edit:On second thought I think it has something to do with the proportion between O2 and CO2(yin yang) in the body

Taken from http://thetaobums.com/topic/25958-yin-and-yang-of-breathing/

INHALE IS YIN EXHALE IS YANG

- on inhale we draw energy in

- on exhale energy is led out

- exhale leads to energy dispersion

- we are stronger when we exhale (punch, kick, lifting, pulling). we can perform better and stronger all yang activities with proper exhalation.

Edited by taiji_cat

Sifu Garry - though I have practiced FP for 3+ years I still have not understood the alchemy behind the percentage breathing.

I *feel* a difference between doing the FP with and without the percentage breathing, but have never understood it. I "just do it".

I do notice some things (applying to Flying Phoenix, but I expect these may also apply to SYG):

(1) The one nearly perfect breathing sequence is a stationary standing (though this one can also be done seated) meditation in which hands are in the "earth meditation" mudra held at the lower dan tien. The sequence is 50 40 30 20 10. And this matches what is to me a nearly perfect meditation posture. Interesting.

(2) The sequence of the percentage breaths in the majority of meditations goes from a higher percentage to a lower percentage, for example 70 50 20 10. This reduction of breath percentage sequence seems to create energetic power.

(3) The maximum percentage breaths is five (at least from the 20+ FP postures I have learned). I have often wondered why there are not any with six or seven percentage breaths.

(4) And finally...this isn't breath related, but is worth throwing out there... In FP the mudras have the right hand inside of left hand, where the overwhelming majority of other Taoist qigong styles have the left hand inside the right. I'm quite surprised no one has ever mentioned this. This hand positioning is also something I have often wondered about.

OK Sifu Garry, I only have observations....no answers. ;-)

Lloyd

• Like 1

WBBM,

I think I read on one of the threads that its OK to do both FP and SYG as long as they are seperated in time? Is that correct?

Dear Sifu Garry,

I would like to soon buy the Sunn Yee Gong level 1 - but how do become a member of the WBBM family?

Thanks alot!

Edited by Jascha