子泰

Hello!

Hello everyone!

I started looking into meditation due to general lack of motivation and direction, and stumbled upon here! I lurked for a while then decided to make an account since I enjoy reading the tao bums community's posts and would like to share my experiences as I learn. I do also from time to time have some small questions to ask when I can't find much on the topic. My general goal is to just learn more about myself. A cool thing that I recalled about this forum was that I also happened to stumble onto this forum about 2 years ago, while searching on information about lucid dreaming. I've learned a lot from this forum already and have been checking out some of the resources that were recommended by users here.

I look forward to my stay and getting to know everyone here :)

• Like 1

Welcome to TTB's, Dazed.

Suggest that you read / respond or just post 5 times in this Lobby.

Then you'll be able to post elsewhere on the Forum(s).

Basher

Thanks Basher, I was sleepy by the time I made the post last night so I just left a post here to introduce myself first.

Yeah that sounds about right Dazed. I too have looked at this forum over the years and have found some interesting posts. And then it wasn't until recently that I joined up.

Thanks gentlewind and welcome, brentcochran. I hope we can help each other grow in our time here at this forum. I've found many interesting individuals here while viewing the boards. I've been reading Taoist Yoga and Tao Te Ching whenever I have the free time, but medical school is taking most of my opportunities. I will be taking a course and doing semi-rotations on TCM next semester, so I'm looking forward to seeing the relations that it has with what I learn here and cultivation practices.

your welcome dazed. you've just reminded me I must search for threads on health meditations. My next project is to consciously improve my health. Meditation is one route, color another and visualization.

need some discipline too..........My hero Leonard Cohen when living in London, UK, got his landlady to make him at least one page a day on a novel he was working on.

Namaste,

gentlewind

I have been wondering about some stuff that's been happening since I started meditation (only 3 weeks in). I am just going to post it here and hope someone can answer this question as I don't think it is worthy enough to start a thread on it. Shortly after I started meditation, even on the first day, I've been having some strange experiences especially during sleep. The first notable thing that happened was on the first day that I started meditation, I read some basic techniques to start off and did them. That night, when I was trying to sleep, I kept staring at the ceiling. Suddenly, I heard a very loud hiss coming from behind my head. Naturally, I was very startled and found that I couldn't sleep anymore. I checked the time shortly afterwards and found that 2 hours had passed, but I had no recollection of closing my eyes at all. (Also spooky was that the hiss occurred at around 3:33 AM @_@). But as time passed, whenever I go to sleep, a lot of times I can hear noises as I drift to sleep, some loud and some quiet, such as chatter, a sudden banging noise, etc. I have also been getting more vivid dreams (I already have great dream recollection) and lately have been waking up in the middle of the night with cold sweats. Is this a sign of blockages in my body getting cleared? I'd like to note that this sort of thing has never happened to me (excluding one very intense experience from salvia in my high school years, which if you guys would like I could also describe, because now that I think about it, it was the closest that I could describe to experiencing emptiness).

• Like 2

That's strange though. Are you by chance doing some work on astral projection and out of body experience? I checked some stuff about it, and meditation is one major component to achieve it.

I have been wondering about some stuff that's been happening since I started meditation (only 3 weeks in). I am just going to post it here and hope someone can answer this question as I don't think it is worthy enough to start a thread on it. Shortly after I started meditation, even on the first day, I've been having some strange experiences especially during sleep. The first notable thing that happened was on the first day that I started meditation, I read some basic techniques to start off and did them. That night, when I was trying to sleep, I kept staring at the ceiling. Suddenly, I heard a very loud hiss coming from behind my head. Naturally, I was very startled and found that I couldn't sleep anymore. I checked the time shortly afterwards and found that 2 hours had passed, but I had no recollection of closing my eyes at all. (Also spooky was that the hiss occurred at around 3:33 AM @_@). But as time passed, whenever I go to sleep, a lot of times I can hear noises as I drift to sleep, some loud and some quiet, such as chatter, a sudden banging noise, etc. I have also been getting more vivid dreams (I already have great dream recollection) and lately have been waking up in the middle of the night with cold sweats. Is this a sign of blockages in my body getting cleared? I'd like to note that this sort of thing has never happened to me (excluding one very intense experience from salvia in my high school years, which if you guys would like I could also describe, because now that I think about it, it was the closest that I could describe to experiencing emptiness).

That's strange though. Are you by chance doing some work on astral projection and out of body experience? I checked some stuff about it, and meditation is one major component to achieve it.

Hello Tsunami! I have done some work on lucid dreaming and astral projection a few years back, which, coincidentally, was the time that led me to this forum before. However, nowadays I am just doing meditation and qigong for the health benefits. The most I got towards a lucid dream was sleep paralysis and there only a few times where I almost managed to get into a dream from a wake state. One of the things I've considered is that meditation gives me a clearer mind, and since I have beforehand knowledge on lucid dreaming, and astral projection, I'm inadvertently doing this.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I started looking into meditation due to general lack of motivation and direction, and stumbled upon here! I lurked for a while then decided to make an account since I enjoy reading the tao bums community's posts and would like to share my experiences as I learn. I do also from time to time have some small questions to ask when I can't find much on the topic. My general goal is to just learn more about myself. A cool thing that I recalled about this forum was that I also happened to stumble onto this forum about 2 years ago, while searching on information about lucid dreaming. I've learned a lot from this forum already and have been checking out some of the resources that were recommended by users here.

I look forward to my stay and getting to know everyone here :)

Hi & you will relax with friends, and progress with many ideas, here., I'm familiar with lucid dreaming. It's quite a ride sneaks up like a fast locomotive, but once awake the second time in the dream, it reappears then the 3rd-4th time isn't so chaotic, can actually slow it down by knowing it is a dream and now it's a game. similar to playing hide'n'seek. Even the day dreams slow down, also. Once you recognize your the director, producer,actor in all life's events-all day-all night, there's no forcing the matter(which alan watts speaks matter to be measure)-lol. For example; 3 x this same dream repeated itself overlaying each other. I was being chased by a murderer and killed. After death occured, I appeared right where i was once again; chased and killed. chased and killed. Finally woke up and crawled out of bed, and said; 3's enough!'