RiverSnake

Ancestral Work and Building your Altar

It is simple good manners to honour our ancestors as they continue to honour us from spirit until such times as they decide to move on via reincarnation or ascension.

Even then we should remember them albeit they're less likely to pop back for a chat.

Edited by GrandmasterP

I'm going to upload some photos, with some relatively unknown points.

Where did you acquire this info? Looking forward to seeing the points.

I imagine that the points are in Wang Liping's book.

Edited by ralis

The Ancestors watch in joy as we venerate them by mastering the various struggles we inherited, or meet.

My appreciation for ancestor work grows ever greater. Its amazing that some people think its a waste of time, or sort of 'low level' occult practice. It is really amazing, and seems to continually grow in strength...

Not all ancestral beings are in the category of 'the mighty dead' but some are... wow..

Seth A:

I would be happy if you could elaborate a bit on this. Why do you consider this important? Does it surve a purpose that goes beyond the mere individual and his desires? Benefits?

And of course, how did you start, and how do you do all this?

My best,

Mandrake

• Like 1

Seth A:

I would be happy if you could elaborate a bit on this. Why do you consider this important? Does it surve a purpose that goes beyond the mere individual and his desires? Benefits?

And of course, how did you start, and how do you do all this?

My best,

Mandrake

Hmm, Some might say that our ancestors are part of our 'red thread' of fate, and thus they are tied to our destiny. Something flows through them that now flows through us...

Benefits to the 'mere individual' are that our ancestors want us to succeed ~ Both in the world and in our spiritual pursuits. They may serve as spiritual protection, they can initiate certain sorcerous experiences, they may cause a degree of self knowledge and awareness as contemplating your line and your place in it tends to result in certain insights. When they are happy, its like you have more 'luck' with you, and things seem to go well that little bit more often...

But other than that, I don't think that ancestor work should be done for purely selfish reasons.

Its kind of incredible to realise that we are only here because of the deeds of others, and they deserve veneration.

They look with love in our direction and we ignore them.

They watch to see what we do with the gifts they have given us, and are elated when we can overcome the trials we have inherited.

Are we living in a way that makes them proud?

Their nature/existence is part of our being in some very deep and mysterious way, that is hard for modern man to appreciate.

Make a space for them, light some candles, or one candle, give thanks too and prayers for them, offer them food and drink? Just start somewhere and it will slowly unfold. certain things will feel right, others less so.

• Like 5

Funny how the Ancestors hold the keys to our liberation.... My work with them has lead me to some interesting points. On setting up a "altar " Space you cant do that unless it is empowered... plan and simple you can try to empower it yourself but that does do what a actual altar does. I would suggest that you find then create a working system and seek out the blessing. That depending on who you talk to can be done alone but only if the Divine chooses to work with you.

VR

BP

Recently was doing some trance work with my ancestors to help heal any negative patterns in my family history that have built up overt time. I was doing this work out of service more than anything....I did not really expect to receive any benefit for myself.

Boy was I mistaken....upon dissolving certain energies in my line I could feel the impact on my body.... blockages that I had been working on for years disappeared in seconds.

It's really changed my view on how connected we are on an energetic level to our ancestors and how there actions still effect us today on all levels. Anyone have similar experiences or do this kind of work?

My 2 cents, Peace

Aside from the personal benefits i received i have also began to notice ripple affects that certain workings have had within my family. People whom were "stuck" in certain places and living unfulfilled lives have been able to break free and really start to pursue what they love. Really made me happy to see this. :)

Based on what i saw in trance it seems like there is a direct correlation. Its cool stuff.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1