Sign in to follow this  
deci belle

Greatness is incomplete

This is in reference to Lao Tzu's 45th chapter, taking its opening line.

The state of functional selflessness seems incomplete because reality itself is the storehouse of potential inasmuch as creation has no remainder in it or without it.

There is no thing, much less any thing more …or a next thing— there is no reply.

One cannot really speak of one or the other without taking up both at once~ this is the truth of complete reality. The didactic use of the one over the other is spent in terms of passing through into living the way of buddhas. It is fine as an introduction or an allusion~ but if one evolving enlightening being necessarily departs ramifications, the force of one's distinctions of self are left behind. Don't be sad!

It's like being wonderfully naked yet not without footwear~ this is enlightening being's nod to our karmic debt. And that is all there is to the notion of bodhisattvic activity. It is not a stage, but a functional capacity. Shoes isn't implying action incurring functional identity— it is simply the fact of sameness within difference. This is Suchness, neither being nor nonbeing. Taoists call it complete reality.

When you come to the functional practice of selfless realization, the fact that reality seems less than full is the unmistakeable talisman of perpetual self-refreshing pristine aware nature.

Entry into the inconceivable is not a matter of sudden realization, but the tacit fusion of one's aware nature in seamless incipience with creative evolution.

What is perfectly still and able to govern the world is the pivot of creation, the seat of your own mind. All wonders precipitate from this, so this is what one must be able to observe without regression into mundane routines of following the conditional aspect revolving around habitual personalistic interpretations of self and other.

It never ceases to amaze how recreational philosophers can take Lao Tsu's passage and come up with political strategies for kings.

A sage is a king of kings who doesn't do anything, which is a metaphor for awakened mind. Political science is rot. It is certainly not within the purveyance of anyone with real political responsibilities, not to mention would-be dabblers on this forum.

Life is short. The matter of life and death is immense. Avoid dabbling at all costs.

Chapter 45

The greatest thing seem incomplete

yet it never wears out

the fullest thing seems empty

yet it never runs dry

the straightest thing seem crooked

the cleverest thing seems clumsy

the richest thing seems poor

activity overcomes cold

stillness overcomes heat

who can become perfectly still

is able to govern the world

Getting into a strict metaphysically philosophical consideration of this passage is not simply considering the conditional mechanistic fractured relativistic principle (which is utterly mechanistic in principle itself), but is rather silagization of subtle principle in which application of the conditional itself as is, is the means to selfless impersonal adaption to conditions without going along with created karmic evolution.

I'm not saying what it is, just how it is to be a partner of creation without being subject to it's cloying ramifications.

The ageless thesis is called On Freedom. It has no words yet I speak of it. This is the source of religion. If you are free right now, then you don''t need to be reading these words. If you're not sure… do make sure as if your life depends on it, because it does.

The working of subtle principle isn't limiting enlightened response to formulaic treatment of partiality as complete on its own terms while mitigating personality, simply because it is not an issue in terms of effective transcendent function. But more importantly one goes on without further assuming psychological postures based on grasping habitually conceptualized notions which have forever only served to satisfy a self-perpetuating and insularly self-reflecting relationship conjoined in an incipience emerging as self-identified sense-stimuli.

Entry into mundanity is the stultification of one's conscious knowledge in seamless incipience within created karmic cycles of thought, action and retribution.

You are not what your senses are telling you. You are not phenomena; neither is phenomena happening to a separate you. Sensory perception is not relative to personalistic intellectual and emotional identity. The organs of sense have no volition, yet personality attributes conditions through the organs of sense as an extension, a validation of personality. This is error.

The world is not out there. There is no distance. There is no knowledge in realization because all it contains is openness, yet this knowledge is immediacy itself. Subtle principle is just the function of the absolute coming from within the relative. That which is not apparent is specifically hidden and inherent within phenomena itself.

So we relate to creation independent of sense-stimuli. How? We let it go. That's how we practice. That's why we practice. After a long time, it doesn't stick. This very impersonal yet tacit relationship is uncanny in its immediacy. The world knows when it no longer sticks because you yourself are no longer a sticking point.

It is the world missing you that makes complete reality seem incomplete. But who would dare solicit further involvement? Don't dare trifle with Mother Nature once you have evolved beyond suckling her multifarious fecundity and now partner in the capacity to go along with changes without being subject to Change itself.

Though Lao Tzu's verse is an apt description, there is none the less another allusion that may not be obvious.

When one's function is not one's person, the totality of enlightening perception seems lacking and one's great state of perpetual self-refreshing pristine aware nature has no intrinsic implication. Nothing happens, is happening, is going to happen beyond the immediacy of presence inherent in the situation itself which is you right now.

Stabilization within reality is spontaneously adapting in terms of the relative perspective, but it does not look that way in terms of the relative. Actually, inconceivable response is manifest by virtue of the apparent aspect in terms of its inherent potential chronically attributed to process; this "no reply" seems incomplete because you do not do it. You were fired from that job when you just walked out one fine day …didn't anyone tell you? heehee!!

This is why there is no further karmic evolution by enlightening being. Coming from within the relative is the same as picking out the real from the false in terms of taoist immortalism. This is the work of alchemy. Lao Tzu is immortalism. Now you know.

Energy-work is for those who are about to die~ or for those who do not yet know how to live.

Are you on the verge of death? Your exquisite impersonal aware living potential energy is on the verge of action in perpetuity; therefore it has never acted. How incomplete does it feel to come back from the death-energy of karmic action?

Fabulously incongruous, I assure you~ let others call it inconceivable.

The greatest thing seems incomplete.❤

ed note: change 42nd to 45th in first line

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 4

Wow Deci -- it took me long time to read this . I am not very academic , nor enlightened ..but this was a inspiring read . :)

What I find most dificult these days is letting go of some anexiety of idea of how things should be . It is so boooooring , like a broken record .

It seems that this spiritual path is really like going against almost anything that is commonly considered reasnoble or acceptable . Like commiting a suicide of some sort and being born again in the same life , just starting to function from a different angle /perspective .

What never ceases to amaze~ yet shouldn't really, is that we already know this. When the scales fall away, the wonder is the most familiar thing. Not only of the absolute, but exactly as you have just stated— because it is truly the fact of the matter.

The difference between the unconventional suicide you mentioned and just throwing yourself away into the path of destruction is a hairsbreadth. Or perhaps even less. But the energy of the unique living path within each situation carries us through the critical junctures without expending any energy …or perhaps the situation itself is what blows. I don't know.

I have found that one just responds on the situation's terms, then at the right time, for no reason (relative to self), one just stops~ or goes …and the whole thing just poofs!! Then everything is brand-new and refreshed and I didn't try to do anything!

Reversal is exactly what the ancients called it and the (relative) reasons are compounded. They don't call it unconventional for nothing to go against the flow!! One just sees it through by seeing through it. I say I just find out what happened in the end.

It's funny the way the situations play. People become amazed, but I don't know what happens when reality does the flip. It just becomes apparent that I didn't go along with the change. People just can't touch you …its like something has started over for others and the situation is somehow new.

Thank you for the sweet comment, suninmyeyes…❤

• Like 1

who can become perfectly still

is able to govern the World

Yeah, I governed the World five minutes ago ^_^

Those lines are attributed to a real human named Laotzu.

You are the world yourself smartass.

Can you still it yourself?

I do not pity the nonexistent past of sassy immortals who are beyond contempt.

This thread is not really something you can use, because governing the world is a matter of nonpsychological awareness released by thoroughgoing self-refinement and tempered by realization of nonorigination.

It is thoughtless glib clods such as yourself that make my visits to this website a rare occasion.

Congratulations.❤

ed note: delete last sentence

Edited by deci belle

Wow Deci -- it took me long time to read this . I am not very academic , nor enlightened ..but this was a inspiring read . :)

What I find most dificult these days is letting go of some anexiety of idea of how things should be . It is so boooooring , like a broken record .

It seems that this spiritual path is really like going against almost anything that is commonly considered reasnoble or acceptable . Like commiting a suicide of some sort and being born again in the same life , just starting to function from a different angle /perspective .

Your post has been in my thoughts as a point of departure, suninmyeyes a little over a month since you shared it. I was interested in starting with "a broken record" and also penetrating the subject of the last sentence too, because without that break from the habitual perspective, one's dharma-eye of nonpsychological aware space cannot develop sufficiently in terms of enlightening being of the great vehicle and its subtle operation. It will come …perhaps sooner, maybe later.❤

Dear me, dr no!! This is terrible!! I can't find one redeeming element in this whole post! OUCH!!

And what, pray tell, does this have to do with this thread, hmmmm?

I'm not laughing…

Reality is not a matter of control nor controlling!! There is no controller— it is the illusion of ego and its fallacious projection of a demiurge.

The universe can be a vas thing, but that is relative, as is the notion of eternity being a long time. Enlightening being is a matter of traversing eternity in a single stride just to go to the bathroom. And what does all this have to do with Greatness is incomplete?

Thinking is indicative of mental illness. Self-refinement is a matter of interrupting the fallacious conscious knowledge of ego identity which is the sum of the experience that belongs to the individual self-reflective identity.

Reality has no sense of belonging; its dynamic is its sense of immediacy: active non-dwelling, impersonally aware without the slightest notion of an interconnected network as it is wholeness already in terms of the absolute, a particularity in terms of the relative, and sameness within difference in terms of subtle operation of Suchness, which is neither relative nor absolute, but is rather one's selfless response releasing potential from karmic evolution. This is how one transcends Change.

This is all rather…

I simply do not want to make anything of this, but I do have a responsibility to this thread.

So please, please, please!! Please do not make me do this cleanup work. Ugh-gly!! Yuck!!

But I appreciate your sharing. May I suggest narrowing this omniversal conceptual reality down to one point, and decide whether it is to be considered in terms of the relative, the absolute, or in terms of Suchness— and say so. If you can do so AND if it is in terms of Suchness AND it is relevant to this thread, THEN do post it here.

Then, you may have the wherewithal to properly concentrate on how to bore into your OWN articles— word by word, phrase by phrase, paragraph, punctuation… voila❤

edited my ed note: my panties arent in a bunch cuz I wasn't wearing any!!

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 4

PGawley made a few comments in a PM, so I will post my replies here.❤

Dear Patrick~ yours are wonderful questions and I will meet them on the spot.

You use the word 'creation', I took that to mean the act of the mind in creating a mental picture of the world and events from the data received from the senses. Is this correct? Or is it creation in the sense of 'everything', 'the world' or 'the universe'.

I use creation in this sense to mean the entire realm of what is the result of the bifurcation of the absolute: i.e. karmic evolution/ the matter of birth and death; the totality of conditional realms ever existent outside of immaterial unborn aware potential.

Creative evolution: I don't understand this phrase.

This is the conditioned process within the revolving sphere of karmic influence. Enlightening being is functional within this process as there is no other mind. The absolute and the temporal is all the same light. Deluded beings follow creation by helplessly going along with creative evolution because they do not know the changeless while enlightening beings go in reverse because they somehow see potential.

Potential is the changeless aspect of reality in flux because it is neither created nor acted on. One simply absorbs it without doing anything oneself. It is simply the result of seeing it, which is the result of seeing through phenomena without denying its characteristics.

Do not try to understand this. This is entry into the inconceivable. it just is the way it is and no one knows why. Enlightening being is neither conditioned nor absolute; neither both nor neither simultaneously. As one assimilates to the tao by imitating its way over a long period of time, one simply harmonizes one's function and penetrates naturally without understanding or deliberation.

It is all totally natural is all I can say. It is not a matter of seeing your nature. One's assimilation to the tao results in seeing your nature. Sudden realization is just reaching a point of critical mass; one neither begins or stops here. One then simply goes on to advance practice, which only amounts to a subtle change in emphasis in terms of adapting to ordinary situations no different than before one sees one's nature.

So in terms of…

In quite a few of your posts you use the term potential i.e. reality is the storehouse of potential. Potential what? Potential outcomes? Potential sequence of events? I feel I'm way off on that one. 'Releasing potential from karmic evolution' - this seems to be a key point but I don't understand it.

Reality is just as you see it every day. But when one no longer follows personalistic interpretations relative to self and other habitually and conjuring up scenarios of outcomes of complacent speculation unconsciously, one begins to see reality in terms of potential.

Not acting on potential is what reality consists of. The absolute does absolutely nothing; so instead of following creation and blindly involving self and other in speculative machinations, enlightening being just adapts to conditions as they present themselves without acting— this is the meaning of impersonally adapting to situations as is… this is selfless response.

Taoism's stealing potential is just this saving energy of buddhism. Identical meaning.

Actually you neither go along nor don't go along, because somehow, you stand aside situations as creative evolution passes you by under the power of its own momentum. Karma is a kinetic gravitational planetary process based on action. Enlightening being has no momentum of its own as it is the pervasion of the light itself. This is the basis of the function of the Virtue of the Receptive— When you finally stop and are freed from karmic momentum, you take over this function of spontaneous adaption spontaneously. Reality is the totality of impersonally aware unity. Not even nothing exists. As I said, entry into the inconceivable just is.

As one stops going along with the momentum of karmic evolution by losing the quality of speed and weight relative to the energy and mass of being, one simply stops keeping up with it. The physical realm is a dull reflection of the properties inherent within transcendent nonbeing. This is why you already know the story somehow. When you see your nature, just this is familiarity itself.

When you see it for what it is you realize it is you without beginning— your essential nature is unborn. It is awareness itself: it is the unattributable. The fact that you exist is a separate minor mystery compared to reality itself. But the fact remains that creation is no different. That's why all beings are already this enlightened aware nature to begin with. This is why nothing is gained by complete perfect enlightenment.

As far as releasing potential from karmic evolution goes, it is enlightening activity in the midst of ordinary affairs. it is the alchemic process itself. It is not a matter of doing weird things to get enlightened— it is just how enlightening being functions and no one knows why. It is the everyday ordinary function of enlightening beings in terms of reversing the light. When you don't follow creative evolution you are freeing potential from the matrix of karmic awareness just like that. It just means you do not use consciousness to create illusion where there was none to begin with.

Reality is mind itself. If you can see potential, you gain the power of your inherent enlightening function within it and no longer use potential to go along with changes as you create them because you no longer create them. As long as you don't see your mind, your essential nature, and instead go along with co-created situations and their nefarious gravitational ramifications, you are only drowning in the abyss of Samsara.

it is suuuuch a subtle turn. The light is one. Seeing potential is just realizing the fact that there is nothing to act on. There is no thing~ that's not just ultimately, it's right now, right here.

ed note: three typos and counting… Eeeeeeeee!!

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this