We tend to use nicknames, and I chose mine as Leir. The “Fox” comes as an add-on, because I long developed a liking for the fox symbol and its dualistic characteristics.

I’m from Brazil, and so, if you ever see me writing anything that doesn’t make much sense or comprehension, I forwardly apologize. English is a second language to me, and I still have a lot to learn.

I stumbled into Taoism as a road for another path I was following in life: the pick-up. I used to try to be a pick-up artist, and while I was in this process, I realized how much controversy and pain I was creating – for my life and for people around me. It was only when I reached a group called “Attraction Institute,” that I started realizing the pick-up’s controversies to me.

I readied one of their ebooks, which quoted one of the most profound quotes I’ve ever read, from Tao Te Ching:

Success is as dangerous as failure,

Hope is as hollow as fear

What does it mean that success is as dangerous as failure?

Whether you go up the ladder or down it,

Your position is shaky

When you stand with two feet on the ground,

You will always keep your balance

What does it mean that hope is as hollow as fear?

Hope and fear are both phantoms,

That arise from thinking of the self.

When you don’t see the self as the self,

What do you have to fear?

After that, I’ve grown particularly interested on Taoism. Since then, I browsed some subjects related to this path, like Feng Shui and Do-In (being the only ones that I really put into practice), and heard about I-Ching, Chi-Kung and various forms of Kung-Fu practices. I am also training Aikido, and both the philosophy and the techniques seem to relate a lot with Taoism, too.

This forum seems to have lots of involvement with the other Taoism practices I’ve been in touch, so I believe I may find more people to discuss this subject, not to mention some “off-topic” practices I also find interesting (such as No-Fap for Jing energy and other benefits). Not to mention the fact that meeting other people that share similar loves gives a boost to it. I know few people that really enjoy this area.

So, that’s it for an introduction, I think. The rest will come out with time.

Peace,

• Like 1

not to mention some “off-topic” practices I also find interesting (such as No-Fap for Jing energy and other benefits).

LOL that made me laugh heartily :) Thanks and welcome, fellow newcomer!

pardon me for asking, but are you a furry?

LOL no, I'm sorry ): as stated, I just grew fonder of the symbology of foxes (but not ~that~ fonder).

LOL that made me laugh heartily :) Thanks and welcome, fellow newcomer!

Thanks man! Welcome to you, too!

and a warm and bless filled welcome from me :)

Namaste,

gentlewind

I'm happy for receiving this warm greeting, gentlewind. :)

Namaste,

• Like 1

Hello fellow newcomer :D I've been looking into Aikido for a while and am thinking about practicing after summer ends (going back to the u.s. for the summer but spend most of the year in China). It seems like a well suited art for me. I've recently started seminal retention just to see how far I can get. I'll check out No Fap on reddit later as it seems like a good way to keep me interacted. By the way, how do you feel about your training in Aikido so far?

Edited by dazed

Hello fellow newcomer :D I've been looking into Aikido for a while and am thinking about practicing after summer ends (going back to the u.s. for the summer but spend most of the year in China). It seems like a well suited art for me. I've recently started seminal retention just to see how far I can get. I'll check out No Fap on reddit later as it seems like a good way to keep me interacted. By the way, how do you feel about your training in Aikido so far?

Hello dazed!

We seem to have things in common here -- both the seminal retention and the interest in Aikido. That's great! :D

As for the No-FAP stuff, I've been doing a challenge with two of my friends. Since we are friends, we don't do it to see who's the best or anything like this, but because the challenge, as a friendly group, means to share experiences and hints to each other, by growing together. We often kid to each other, "hey pal, stay strong. I don't want to beat you that easily."

Meanwhile, I'm going to explore how "Jing" (sexual stored energy) can be transmuted.

About Aikido, I'm a bit suspicious to talk about it. I really love it because its totally directed to avoid destruction and conflict, it's an art with peaceful spirit. There's no fight or competition in this art, but rather a focus on discipline, respect and growth. Their work with energy is suble: I've been training for one year and now I'm only starting to perceive the importance of the breath on the techniques!

I also see Aikido it as a way of praticing Wu-Wei in agressive situations, since you're teached to not resist/control the battle, but instead, flowing in every moment. Not to mention the emphasis on learning that a fall is not the end if you know how to fall.

But that's my experience. I think nothing would teach you best than attending to an aikido class (or even praticing a month), so you can see if it's the way you want to go. It varies to every people.

Let's stay in touch, man!

Namaste,

Ah, I really like how Aikido relates to Taoism in that you just need to do what needs to be done. I'm not a big fan of excessively hurting people in a fight where I'd like to just defend myself, but I would not enjoy being punched in the face either just because I was focusing too much on not harming the other person :S I'm also interested in the philosophical teachings as well, so I look forward to trying out a class soon. I also like how you're doing the no fap thing with your friends, which is another reason that I'd like to browse No Fap on reddit. What day are you on? I'm not too far into it; Only 3 days so far, which was around the time that I started reading more about seminal retention thanks to the long thread made by yondaime in general discussion. Yes, let's stay in touch! It would be wonderful to share learned experiences with each other especially in the same activity.

• Like 1