greendog

How many people experience god?

I think it is you doing it, and you psyche yourself out, can't explain it, so claim it must be god.

You speak as though the two were separate. Indeed, the dissolution of separation is what we are talking about, I think.

"The relationship between fungi and humans has been interconnected since time immemorial. Our associations with these organisms go deep into our genetic history. Perhaps the most fundamental of all mushroom uses is the use of them as mediators to the Gods. It is this very aspect that trumps all other mushroom potential in human culture. It is the essence of the spiritual link of man to nature and the Mother Earth Goddess.

How can a mushroom become intregral part of humanity's existance? What new perspectives can be gained when one firmly puts their belief in the hands of a small growing organism emerging from the fertile soil of the Earth?

tassili.jpg Figure 1. Tassili rock painting 5000 B.C.E.

Deep in the Sahara Desert of southern Algeria is a plateau known as Tassili-n-Ajjer. It is a rocky badlands filled with boulders, cliffs, and caves. On one of these rock faces in a painting of a shaman with a head of a bee, holding mushrooms in his hand, all the while mushrooms sprout out of his body (Figure 1).

Dating back at least five thousand years before the rise of Christianity and long before the rise of the modern monotheistic cult on Earth, this painting represents perhaps the spiritual lifestyle of our archaic ancestors. Elsewhere in these badlands is a rock painting of mushroom men running in ecstasy amidst geometric shapes (Figure 2).

http://www.goa-shoom.net/ethnomycology/psychoactive.html

:o

Edited by teknix

I experience states i 'think' come from me, and others that come from God.

For instance there are many bliss states, and states where my mind has an element of power that is able to cause events in my world.

On the other hand, when i abandon myself through prayer, with every fiber of my being calling out with love and longing to that greater Intelligence that i sense is behind everything, then every now and then it sweeps me up, and it has the most vast and loving intelligence I could conceive of.

I call that God.

Every meeting makes me a better person, and leaves me with the knowledge of how to act better, with greater mortality and integrity.

Oneness is but an aspect within the God that I describe. I personally experience Oneness fairly easily, but God {to me} is the cosmic Intelligence deeper within oneness. The mind that feels like it regulates all the forces in the universe with absolute perfection. It has an incredible harmony to it.

Also as far as Oneness goes, I am not always totally 'One' during these experiences. When I say 'It' sweeps 'me' up, there is obviously still something of me there in the picture.

To me, experiencing God is the single most amazing experience in the universe. It is absolutely incredible.

I have had many many experiences where I felt as if every bit of myself was absolutely alive and saturated with bliss, but none of these compare to meeting the Mind of the Everything.

• Like 1

Hey Seth, nicely written post.

I was wondering the meaning of your avatar?

(just to diverge for a minute)

Peace.

Santa Muerte ~ Saint Death, the Skinny Girl or Pale Lady :)

I had a very profound experience during praise and worship last Sunday. In a very intense prayer session my spirit connected to God and I prayed for the first time in tongues. I pray, praise and worship with my eyes closed so as to not get distracted by any members or any other visuals. With eyes closed it was as if a candle was lit inside my head. Hands raised t the sky, I felt the Holy Spirit decend from my finger tips down to my feet and I was wrapped up with Him. I started vibrating from within my heart and stomach then I felt an alignment of a rod from heart to head. A bubble like sensation from my heart traveled to my mouth and out came a very intense session of prayer in tongues. When it was over I felt full and over flowing, almost as if dunking a paper cup in water, he cup retains the water while also soaking up the water as well. I felt as if I could share and rub off my anointing with/on thet people. I was full of the Spirit.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 3

I had a very profound experience during praise and worship last Sunday. In a very intense prayer session my spirit connected to God and I prayed for the first time in tongues. I pray, praise and worship with my eyes closed so as to not get distracted by any members or any other visuals. With eyes closed it was as if a candle was lit inside my head. Hands raised t the sky, I felt the Holy Spirit decend from my finger tips down to my feet and I was wrapped up with Him. I started vibrating from within my heart and stomach then I felt an alignment of a rod from heart to head. A bubble like sensation from my heart traveled to my mouth and out came a very intense session of prayer in tongues. When it was over I felt full and over flowing, almost as if dunking a paper cup in water, he cup retains the water while also soaking up the water as well. I felt as if I could share and rub off my anointing with/on thet people. I was full of the Spirit. Thanks for reading.

Thank you for sharing such an uplifting prayer experience.

When you say praise and worship, do you mean at a church?

I have seen some very high energy charismatic services, but unfortunately I never found them among people who were not also extremely dogmatic and inflexible... I have heard these places do exist but am yet to find one personally...

Thank you for sharing such an uplifting prayer experience.

When you say praise and worship, do you mean at a church?

I have seen some very high energy charismatic services, but unfortunately I never found them among people who were not also extremely dogmatic and inflexible... I have heard these places do exist but am yet to find one personally...

Yes it was at a Learning Center or "Church". I don't concern myself with the views of the other members or visitors. Most people I feel as though the read the Holy Bible with superficial eyes and mind. I understand now "Let him who has ears hear". My Pastor is awesome, as is his wife. Praise and Worship is such an awesome service due to to the excited level of the members ie Body of Christ. The only concern is Pray, Praise and Worship. Individual beliefs don't matter at that point.

I fell off the path of Christ years ago due to other people but now, I've been rekindled, thanks to God. I don't concern myself with others and their beliefs on my faith only because I do have a personal relationship with God. I don't just read scripture. I let the scripture soak into me so that the true meaning and message sinks in. The Holy Bible is like an eclaire, the outside has a good flavor but the real goodness is on the inside!

• Like 1

. The Holy Bible is like an eclaire, the outside has a good flavor but the real goodness is on the inside!

It has also been said that it is like silver plated gold. The outside is valuable but inside is the true treasure. Same thing.