greendog

How many people experience god?

I have experience on many occasions a beauty state of harmony. Very hard to put in words. I let go all personal ideas and flow with the Tao. Other people experience things like this?

• Like 1

A state of Oneness has been experienced by this consciousness. Words cannot do justice to 'what was', beyond divine. The first time I experienced this was when I was 18 or 19 and on a 5 mile training session, around midnight.

I had just turned left onto a long 2 miles road adjacent to a golf course, the scenery was beautifully magical. It had just been raining and their was that 'just rained' smell which I like. I was running hard and just enjoying feeling of gliding over the pavement. And then I became the road, the trees, the air that I was breathing; 'I' simply vanished. 'I' was NOT doing anything. I was in the flow - I was the flow.

Oneness.

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 4

Awoke from deep sleep to a thought, a word "charlie-horse' once it registered-connected consciously to leg, than it was consciously felt with care. It was registered as One Infinite Happening. As it is, Life lives us through thought, not thinking about. It arises without complainting, a knowing our whole entire notion of ourselves is a 'mental inner-outer time-veil. By stripping away these inner time veils, you realize your True Nature is Nothing. ♥ "The word was made flesh--manifestation within time matter-material-conceptual-IDEAS of believe that there's actually 2-products-tools happening at once. Ha! ThyRocks helps or hinderance inner creation projected outerward as a Playground Unity of conceptual opposites full with duality time thoughts. Is there really anything going on outside of inner creation? It 'appears to be', but 'appearance' is time-limitations and full of beliefs that their is separation-individualism, labeling this to that, winners-losers, victim-victimizer, etc., And, isn't Life-Lifeing purpose-goal about waking up from a day-night-dream filled with limitations, letting go flowing with emptiness dancing?

There's this big book called "Flow", by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, which I believe that has a lot of relation with it. I can't give much thoughts about it since I haven't finished the reading, but it has some deep insights on this subject, as critics related it with "experiencing Wu-Wei." It gives a psychological breakdown, that might be of your interest.

My personal experience is that I rarely can let go of personal thoughts on everyday, aside from meditation practices. The most similar experience that I have of "letting go of everything" is when I'm fine-tuned to creating something -- I'm an enthusiastic writer. When I usually sit and dedicate myself fully to writing, I get immersed to the scene, the dialog and the creation, as if the messages come from elsewhere but me, and I'm just the bridge that let the stories come.

Still, I don't know if my personal experience has relation with your thoughts.

I been reading alot of the other fourms here. Many good ideas. A good mix of personalities. Very refreshing. Yes to Leirthefox. Your writtings has relations to my experiences. I'm not trying to bridge anything. I became aware of the grand pricture. The energy, harmory, balance, peace, the increditable power behind everything. It a state of conscience not for a second. You became aware of like the circle time line. It not just there sometimes. All the time. We the poeple aren't taught to be part of it let alone it exist.

• Like 2

There's this big book called "Flow", by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, which I believe that has a lot of relation with it. I can't give much thoughts about it since I haven't finished the reading, but it has some deep insights on this subject, as critics related it with "experiencing Wu-Wei." It gives a psychological breakdown, that might be of your interest.

My personal experience is that I rarely can let go of personal thoughts on everyday, aside from meditation practices. The most similar experience that I have of "letting go of everything" is when I'm fine-tuned to creating something -- I'm an enthusiastic writer. When I usually sit and dedicate myself fully to writing, I get immersed to the scene, the dialog and the creation, as if the messages come from elsewhere but me, and I'm just the bridge that let the stories come.

Still, I don't know if my personal experience has relation with your thoughts.

Hmm, may check that out. Thanks Leir The Fox, and hello !

Namaste,

gentlewind

I been reading alot of the other fourms here. Many good ideas. A good mix of personalities. Very refreshing. Yes to Leirthefox. Your writtings has relations to my experiences. I'm not trying to bridge anything. I became aware of the grand pricture. The energy, harmory, balance, peace, the increditable power behind everything. It a state of conscience not for a second. You became aware of like the circle time line. It not just there sometimes. All the time. We the poeple aren't taught to be part of it let alone it exist.

We were talking about this today, about how much we don't know about Life, and today we spoke mostly about death and dying; how we are still mostly in the dark about this.

I was fortunate to have a Near Death Experience, so I am ready for my return Home - not in a morbid way, hope I'll still be here for a few more years ! Good to be prepared though.

Their is a thread in General Discussion if you would care to join us there.

Namaste,

gentlewind

I have experience on many occasions a beauty state of harmony. Very hard to put in words. I let go all personal ideas and flow with the Tao. Other people experience things like this?

I was going to make a thread about this myself. It pays to read through the threads. Yes, I believe I have experienced this. However, it was dismissed by a few people as just and endorphin rush. Let me preface by saying I've had fleeting moments of this feeling over the very recent past, but not to the degree I did that day.

I was outdoors, beautiful sunny crisp day in New Jersey. I was in a position to have some "me time", even though there was a lot of traffic and distractions in the area. I was sitting, and my mind cleared. I knew where I was, I heard the sounds and movements around me, but they didn't distract me. I went into a "zone". In this zone, the fleeting feelings I've been experiencing came full force:

I knew I was in my body, but I was more than my body. I felt "connected" to everything and everyone that was around me. I felt like I and they were part of a greater "whole". I knew others were in their bodies, but they were more than their bodies. One time someone gave the example of a jar... the jar contains air, yet the jar is in air. My body and the other bodies contained jivātman (the Hindu concept for the soul, but more than just "soul"), yet we were all within one. Like that jar containing air and being in air.

For that brief time I seemed to understand, or at least feel, our oneness and how God/Brahman/Tao, whatever one's belief, pervades and resides in every one of us, no matter how pious or evil or brilliant or idiotic I or anyone else may be, to the human emotions. Those attributes are only this fleshy matter. When people say they hate someone, how can one hate oneself?

When I said "brief", brief is relative... brief in this case was at least a half hour, not a few seconds. I saw that the shadow cast by the sun on a pole moved considerably. If not for that sundial effect, I also might have thought it just a momentary endorphin rush.

I don't believe for a moment I achieved moksha or any kind of enlightenment, or am putting on airs about it; it's just a feeling I've never experienced before. It wasn't even a moment of "I now love everybody", it was more a realization of our connections, that we are not separate in the universe and that we are interwoven.

• Like 1

Its true - we are not capable of achieving this state of becoming One, it is a gift bestowed upon us by what I call the Source. When I had the first of my experiences I was out on a midnight training run, a 5 miler. I was around 18 yrs of age and had never even contemplated such things, and to be honest I never spoke of this most beautiful experience to anyone. I had no comprehension of what a blessing I'd just received. If I'd said anything to my Mum or Dad they would have locked me up ! My Dad already thought I was a little odd because I was reading books on metaphysical matters(Steiner in particular) from the age of 12 or 13 ! My 'love' of Liverpool FC was what staved off more ridicule from my family !

I have had a few more Oneness experiences - but I cannot instigate one myself, if it happens it happens and I truly appreciate it.

But, its an experience which is impossible to fully describe. To be at One is Pure Bliss, and I am forever grateful that I have had fleeting tastes of this beyond words experience.

I watched an interview on Conscious TV on You Tube with a lady doctor - Dr Samanta-Laughton, who was talking of her own mystical experiences; and her parents wanted her locked away in a mental institution ! She has written a few books, one is called 'Punk Science - Inside The Mind of G_d', which I've partly read and can highly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Punk-Science-Inside-Mind-God/dp/1905047932/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1371039574&sr=1-1&keywords=punk+science

I think this is the interview

Namaste,

gentlewind

I love the work that Lev Vygotsky did around "flow" and how children learn (of course, I'm a teacher of young children, so I naturally gravitated toward it).

Yes. I did experienced "god", more than once.

I also experienced "heaven on earth" for a few weeks, twice.

How do you know God is so peaceful? How do you know God at all? The idea of God is a human creation. Why label peaceful harmonious feelings as attached to this God? Why not give up on on the whole experience God thing, and experience yourself and LIFE?

Headrush/lightheadedness caused by breath compression.... leads to a very vivid and indescribably sense of harmonious union with all of nature and reality... 'phantom' effects in extrasensory perceptions play with my awareness... so hard to explain or describe... like "seeing" smells and sounds... except these 'smells' and 'sounds' are not pre-existing sense-objects!

Again, very complicated.

simple in the experience, as if a single nod would convey the whole thing to another person... and I can re-create this experience at will, but lack the genuine will power to attempt to maintain this feeling constantly or consistently... many other 'priorities' in life, recreation, experience, etcetera.

God, on the other hand, is like a link between thought and object; idea and action, word and meaning...

"it" is everything and nothing... there is no sense in personifying god, for then it is not God, but a god. where the omnitude becomes limited/focused/specialized, "all good", "all powerful", and "all knowing", but not "all evil" - which reduces the omnitude to deism from genuine godliness.

To that end, I would say that "God" is a redundancy and does not exist, the reference is "Zero (0)" and infinity, two maximum/minimum inexperiential states in between "after death" and "before life".

Therefore any reference to (a) god is intended to mean a god(dess), deity, or immortal, rather than Tao/Dao.

Gods and goddesses, deities and immortals, individuals, no different to Humans than they have mastered themselves and moved on to master the elements thereafter.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

I used to make my ex-gf speak to god often :P

I'd bet that the two of them had their share of private conversations as well....

:)

• Like 2

Greendog,

Seek the true presence with persistence and it will be found. Remember the words of Lao Tzu in part 41 of the Tao The Ching:

The wise student hears of the Tao and practices it diligently.

The average student hears of the Tao and gives it thought now and again.

The foolish student hears of the Tao and laughs aloud.

If there were no laughter, the Tao would not be what it is.

God speaks to me in my heart. He answers my prayers. Every Sunday He also speaks to me from the pulpit at my Church.

• Like 4

Why do you think it is god rather than something else?

I personally don't find it rational to write off an unexplanable experience as god. What if it is actually you doing it and nothing to do with the people or place?

I think it is you doing it, and you psyche yourself out, can't explain it, so claim it must be god.

That's the thing about subscribing to religious beliefs and traditions, is the bias that comes with interpretation of any percieved mystical events.

For instance if two people experience the exact same thing, the interpretation of the experienmce is going to depend on what they believe and have been told and accept as truth, a buddhist would say it was enlightenment and christian would say it was the holy spirit, etc . .

Edited by teknix

The closest experience I had that could be misconstrued by others as "god" is eating magic mushrooms. It is the most euphoric I had felt at the time, but now the bliss I felt then is under direct control. Nothing to do with god, unless I am god . .