Flolfolil

Aggressive Evangelical Atheism

And dust to dust. And water to tea. And fish to an empty stomach.

Oh!, and BTW, Atheism is NOT nihilistic. You gotta get your shit together!

What is this loving undercurrent then?

For all the crying and whining about those evil, evil atheists, the lack of atheist lynch mobs is rather surprising, don't you think?

Tell that to the Tibetans. You seem to be unaware of all the stuff communists have pulled.

• Like 3

Tell that to the Tibetans. You seem to be unaware of all the stuff communists have pulled.

Or yahoo news comments that flat out say the world would be better without religion and that we should get rid of it

• Like 1

I hate it when I'm busy and get a knock at the door and its more atheist missionaries wanting to tell me about nothing.

post-47895-0-99336300-1369923285_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I hate it when I'm busy and get a knock at the door and its more atheist missionaries wanting to tell me about nothing.

i would hand out a similar pamphlet, but i am no atheist :lol:

Shall we talk about Buddhists killing Hindi and Moslems? That happens too, you know.

• Like 1

Hehehe. I think you might have misrepresented yourself there.

Hehehe. I think you might have misrepresented yourself there.

I reckon that's why I'm studying medicine and not going to rely on my comedian skills for a career lol. :P

• Like 1

No-thing is not nothing, and the God that can named is not the eternal God... (to borrow parts of a wording) Btw every god gets his due respect and more from every one that reaches the gate that he guards, (if not they don't pass) and the god and gate where death dies has really hairy whoppers for dues...

Shall we talk about Buddhists killing Hindi and Moslems? That happens too, you know.

How do you destroy Hindi, which is an extremely widespread language?

Edited by alwayson
  • Like 1

Atheists are Monsanto. Atheists are Hollywood. Atheists are lunch mobbing the world, arent they.

I think the Chinese invasion and occupation of Tibet, while initially trying to completely destroy religion, is worse than Monsanto.

there is no "loving undercurrent" in atheism... atheism is totally nihilist.

Ashes to ashes.

Ashes to ashes when there is no Intelligence inhabiting the dust. Do you think that an atheist would acknowledge that there is an order to things?

I think the Chinese invasion and occupation of Tibet, while initially trying to completely destroy religion, is worse than Monsanto.

Agreed.

I would also put forward the dandelion principle in their failure to wipe out the religion with violence.

The action that condition put forward in causality was one of spreading high level rinpoches and lamas and teachings all over the world in exile, thus spreading the religion in a way it might never have done had they left Tibet to its own inertia.

There's a lot of it, especially here. Lately I'm thinking the religious side is the braver option, not necessarily right, but gutsier and strangely a little more open minded, just like the atheistic idea was in the past. Fundamentalism in any shade tends to turn me off, and there are plenty of 'non-holier than thou' atheists running around.

Me, I'm relatively agnostic, hoping to get silent, long and deep enough to hear something.

Fundamentalist anything is bad. When we stop listening, conflict consumes. Also, I don't want to hear about how atheists have never committed atrocities. Stalin? Mao? Pol Pot? I'm not saying all atheists or all theists are good or evil. Fundamentalists though? More evil than not.

Edited by paulno

Besides, who would be interested in a god that needs to be 'worshipped', for god's sake? what kind of a god would that be? An insecure one?

this is mirror world thinking, manitou. There is no 'need" like that in God, only a need like that in us. If we dont have an attitude of gratitude and a thankful loving heart toward life and the mystery that gives it, we are a bit dead inside.

Worship God is the practice that gives us juice. You may prefer to phrase it differently.. language is a funny thing.

• Like 2

I'm not interested in a competition of 'who is the most out of alignment'. Ignorance is ignorance.

• Like 2

And when you say 'knock at the door' that includes 'turn on the tv' and 'open a newspaper'.

Fundamentalist anything is bad. When we stop listening, conflict consumes. Also, I don't want to hear about how atheists have never committed atrocities. Stalin? Mao? Pol Pot? I'm not saying all atheists or all theists are good or evil. Fundamentalists though? More evil than not.

Well at least you are moving in the right direction. Karl Marx transformed the the dandified reductionism of French Encylopedie and the shambles that was the French Revolution into the most successful "Aggressive Evangelical Atheism" in history. Modern "Secular Humanism" is its smiley face version. The spirit of B. F. Skinner's Beyond Freedom and Dignity lives on, hiding behind that smiley face, if not the outmoded behaviorist psychological model. These are all the descendants of Pierre Gassendi's 17th Century revival of Epicureanism combined with the Anti-clericalism of the 18th Century, non of which should be confused with reason or rationality as their "fundamentalist" followers would maintain.

I would love to agree that "Fundamentalist anything is bad", but where does it say that in the TTC?

An atheist is no different than anyone who places a judgement in the lens of their perception. They are still that spotless being within that is the seer - they are you and you are them. If you find yourself indignant look at your identifications - your walls - the bars that create your jails. We all have our cherished shackles - yours may not require so much "proof" as an atheist but it may well allow for more assumptions.

A judgement is the conviction that you know something. Wisdom will find that you know nothing.

Great chunks of you will fall away - your history - your positions - the stakes you have pounded into the ground.

As you emerge this dissolving brings a lighter world. It is not a releasing process - no healing was ever required.

When you are finished you will begin.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

How do you destroy Hindi, which is an extremely widespread language?

I was referring to the people - the Hindus - the Indian people who are still Hindus.

Do you think that an atheist would acknowledge that there is an order to things?

Yep. It is called Chaos.

• Like 2

I was referring to the people - the Hindus - the Indian people who are still Hindus.

When have Buddhists gone after Hindus? This is news to me.

An atheist is no different than anyone who places a judgement in the lens of their perception. They are still that spotless being within that is the seer - they are you and you are them. If you find yourself indignant look at your identifications - your walls - the bars that create your jails. We all have our cherished shackles - yours may not require so much "proof" as an atheist but it may well allow for more assumptions.

A judgement is the conviction that you know something. Wisdom will find that you know nothing.

Great chunks of you will fall away - your history - your positions - the stakes you have pounded into the ground.

As you emerge this dissolving brings a lighter world. It is not a releasing process - no healing was ever required.

When you are finished you will begin.

Tao Semko the KAP teacher.. this week, after seeing a video by him you repeatedly referred to him as "Our Young Salesman".. you labelled him rather than used his name and you used his age in an ageist way, and his role as teacher was degraded by you into 'salesman'.

Am struggling to see how your tone there fits with what you are espousing here? It seemed to me that you judged him and assumed yourself as superior to him in knowledge.

Apologies if you actually have met Tao Semko and /or been his student and/or spoken to his students... afaik you made your judgments rapidly and easily, based on very small input.

DId you have something in the lense of your perception there? Or are there times when it is ok to belittle and demean others, and no assumptions are being aired, or shackles exhibited?

I hope you dont mind me bringing the discussion down to earth with an example which jumped out at me as glaring, and brings the opportunity to look at pontification and theorising in relation to a real example.

I would welcome hearing more of your point of view on how this all fits together.