Flolfolil

Aggressive Evangelical Atheism

Please post your experiences with this, and share any skillful ways of dealing with it you may have developed :)

There's a lot of it, especially here. Lately I'm thinking the religious side is the braver option, not necessarily right, but gutsier and strangely a little more open minded, just like the atheistic idea was in the past. Fundamentalism in any shade tends to turn me off, and there are plenty of 'non-holier than thou' atheists running around.

Me, I'm relatively agnostic, hoping to get silent, long and deep enough to hear something.

• Like 4

Just ignore me. That normally works very well.

hehe. but what if i want to exist with these types as my friends? you can't just ignore your friends forever

hehe. but what if i want to exist with these types as my friends? you can't just ignore your friends forever

I consider you a friend else I wouldn't be speaking with you. No, we SHOULD NOT ignore our friends.

ooo, this thread is starting to heat up :o:excl:

:lol:

Hehehe. Well, you haven't been the ice cold dude on this forum so you should have no fear.

i debut this during my in-person encounters occasionally :lol:

Hehehe. Sometimes it is necessary to keep those you don't want close to you far, far away.

You haven't even responded to my last post yet. And besides, Buddhist opinions mean absolutely nothing to an Atheist. We are aware of what is important and what is not.

And atheist opinions mean nothing to me. Its a simplistic western response to another simplistic western philosophy.

And atheist opinions mean nothing to me. Its a simplistic western response to another simplistic western philosophy.

Okay. We should stop speaking with each other then?

inb4 pit

why do all of MY threads get dramatic really quickly? controversial topics maybe? :D

Good possibility that be what be.

• Like 1

Point them to my thread:

I will debate with them any day of the week.

And atheist opinions mean nothing to me.

It is not a debate if you come with a closed mind. A brawl, maybe, but not a debate.

Please post your experiences with [Aggressive Evangelical Atheism]

I have seen some angry atheists before, but very few of them were actually aggressive, and I have never, ever seen atheists that were as aggressive as their militant religious counterparts. Did you see the news story about a Muslim demonstration in Bangladesh the other day? "Atheist must be hanged"

For all the crying and whining about those evil, evil atheists, the lack of atheist lynch mobs is rather surprising, don't you think?

It appears nearly any ideology can be radicalized, people get passionate about things.

Fair enough... we are very emotional beings... can be a great strength or weakness.

It seems some a trying to medicate this hahaha

God save us. :P

//

Or maybe lack of emotion hmm... the psychopaths running this planet.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

It is not a debate if you come with a closed mind. A brawl, maybe, but not a debate.

I have seen some angry atheists before, but very few of them were actually aggressive, and I have never, ever seen atheists that were as aggressive as their militant religious counterparts. Did you see the news story about a Muslim demonstration in Bangladesh the other day? "Atheist must be hanged"

For all the crying and whining about those evil, evil atheists, the lack of atheist lynch mobs is rather surprising, don't you think?

Atheists are Monsanto. Atheists are Hollywood. Atheists are lunch mobbing the world, arent they.

• Like 3

Aren't we all atheists here? In the sense that it's pretty well acknowledged on this forum that there's nothing "out there" to worship. Besides, who would be interested in a god that needs to be 'worshipped', for god's sake? what kind of a god would that be? An insecure one?

Is it pure atheism when one acknowledges that there is a loving undercurrent that seems to bind all this together, and which one can tap into to ensure harmony with nature? Is this not Taoism?

• Like 1

I quite like the aggressive atheists, there is a huge amount of ignorance in traditional religion so at least the atheists get people to question some of their fundamental beliefs and for that to happen you might need to be a bit assertive, one of the functions that anger can serve is to destroy that which is false.

If your own personal spirituality can't stand up steady in the face of such attacks then its probably not very solid and if that is the case it can't be very firmly rooted in reality.

... undercurrent that seems to bind all this together, and which one can tap into to ensure harmony with nature? Is this not Taoism?

Yes Dear.

there is no "loving undercurrent" in atheism... atheism is totally nihilist.

Ashes to ashes.

And dust to dust. And water to tea. And fish to an empty stomach.

Oh!, and BTW, Atheism is NOT nihilistic. You gotta get your shit together!

I quite like the aggressive atheists, there is a huge amount of ignorance in traditional religion so at least the atheists get people to question some of their fundamental beliefs and for that to happen you might need to be a bit assertive, one of the functions that anger can serve is to destroy that which is false.

If your own personal spirituality can't stand up steady in the face of such attacks then its probably not very solid and if that is the case it can't be very firmly rooted in reality.

Good post but I must admit that I can't even stand the aggressive Atheists. They remind me too much of the aggressive Southern Baptist preachers down here in the Deep South. In fact, I don't care much for hardly anything that is aggressive.

my main issue is that they don't seem to care about hurting others feelings. Ones i have known seem to want to debate your faith even when you never put it up for debate.

i also don't like the, "oh you can't prove it so that means it doesn't exist" argument. If they are so into science, they should know that you have to be able to disprove something to consider it fake ;)

• Like 1