yondaime109

I've lost the will to live, What the point of living anymore?

I've been where you are and went the military route.

After you make some serious breakthroughs during meditation, it becomes difficult to go back to life without everything seeming mediocre and distasteful.

Either way. I am in a monastery now. We meditate 5 hours a day on schedule and the rest of the day, eat, meditate more and do gardening.

I chose this path, because I strongly believe that it takes a rare and powerful type of motivation to coax a man into diligently following the path. It is not a simple thing and requires many sacrifices. However, so rare is it that we are blessed with this drive for spiritual cultivation, that if we find ourselves to be lucky enough in our present life time to be not only aware of it, but also have the know how of how to cultivate from a practical stand point, then I believe one owes it to himself and in the name of his liberation from samsara, to put everything else aside in this life and cultivate till your last breath.

For who knows if you will be again bestowed with the same wits or interests or drive to undertake such a grand task. The task of your evolution. Maybe you'll be a frog for the next 10 lifetimes, who knows. You have to appreciate the transience of things and take advantage of what you realize and have now.

Also.. About suicide. I've heard that if you commit suicide, you become a hungry ghost and cannot reincarnate until someone else gives up their soul to replace yours by committing suicide in the very same vicinity. As you can imagine such statistics can take a veeery long time to come about. So pick your exit methods carefully. Karma allegedly doesn't take very well to suicides.

Either way. Don't be a sob about it, the choice is always in your hands. If you're unhappy with society, leave it. It's not rocket science.

There are enough monasteries in almost every country to support spiritual development akin to the Buddhist and Taoist paths.

Make a decision, but don't squander your life. I shit a brick just thinking about the bad karma you'd get if you did.

Probably be reborn as a collection of warts on a pigs ass for the next 100 lifetimes :P

Don't kill you. Meditate you. Empower you. Transcend you. Immortalise you.

I wonder if you kill yourself if you get reincarnated as a lemming? I'm serious lol.

So what sort of monastery are you in? I've been contemplating doing that as well, but I'm not sure I'd be able with financial obligations n such.

oooo, i am so scared at the thought that the Tao might not approve of me.

:rolleyes:

Tao is not a personality like god. To not do something in alignment with Tao is more like playing chicken on the freeway at night while your drunk. The road does not approve or disapprove, but it might not make you feel to good lol

• Like 1

You know thinking about this. Our ancestors knew about reincarnation. Why didn't they commit mass suicide? Maybe they were able to appreciate life and see it as it is.

Because they could do what they wanted when they wanted how they wanted to who they wanted.

Because they could do what they wanted when they wanted how they wanted to who they wanted.

You honestly think people in the past had more freedom??

Also, If we're reincarnated into lower creatures then how are we supposed to redeem ourselves?

You burn off the karma by living it out.

Actually when I was referring to the past civilizations, I was referring the nations I previously stated above.

yea yours I got lol.

What's better than not realizing you exist in the first place.

I don't know, what?

Take your questions and sit down on your meditation pillow and contemplate one question for an hour or so. See if that helps answer them. Do that for each day till you reach your answer.

That takes patience and commitment though. In the mean time I could be on the internet looking for answers that might or might not help me.

It's basically the closest you'll ever to get death. At least, The conventional concept of death.

You can transcend physical death like qigong master Chunyi Lin doing 2 months of cave meditation with no sleep and just a few small bottles of water, a few apples.

I went 8 days on half a glass of water but I was never hungry nor thirsty - when the electromagnetic chi energy builds up then your brain creates water through a type of electrolysis.

You can see dead spirits when the third eye opens up.

You can transcend death and Chunyi Lin had dead spirits come to him all the time to get healing.

So even dead spirits need healing from a real qigong master. haha.

Qigong master Chunyi Lin had his heart stop for over two hours but he was walking around fine. He does not recommend this for others though.

You can transcend physical death like qigong master Chunyi Lin doing 2 months of cave meditation with no sleep and just a few small bottles of water, a few apples.

I went 8 days on half a glass of water but I was never hungry nor thirsty - when the electromagnetic chi energy builds up then your brain creates water through a type of electrolysis.

You can see dead spirits when the third eye opens up.

You can transcend death and Chunyi Lin had dead spirits come to him all the time to get healing.

So even dead spirits need healing from a real qigong master. haha.

Qigong master Chunyi Lin had his heart stop for over two hours but he was walking around fine. He does not recommend this for others though.

I'll be impressed when he lives past 120.

It's basically the closest you'll ever to get death. At least, The conventional concept of death.

death is just transition no more no less. When you truly realize that what it is that you call you does not exist then you have let go of this game and your enlightened and get to stop playing. It's the fact that you think what you call you exists which is why your here in the first place.

death is just transition no more no less. When you truly realize that what it is that you call you does not exist then you have let go of this game and your enlightened and get to stop playing. It's the fact that you think what you call you exists which is why your here in the first place.

The idea of enlightment depresses me, Or maybe it's the fear of letting ago. If someone was really detached or serious about enlightenment then why don't they let go of life altogether and meditate until they die like the old woman did in India.

Hmmm..somehow I can't take you seriously because, all of a sudden, you realize that materialism isn't the end of all. Are you some rich kid living in a mansion and surrounded by things, money, and beautiful women? If not, why are you surprised that materialism isn't the end of all? Hate to break this to you but having a lot of money, having a beautiful wife, and having the latest electronic gadgets do not make you a god....:)

The idea of enlightment depresses me, Or maybe it's the fear of letting ago. If someone was really detached or serious about enlightenment then why don't they let go of life altogether and meditate until they die like the old woman did in India.

you do keep meditating till you die lol.

I think you just found whats bothering you. Enlightenment is totally letting go. But what you let go of is suffering, so its not a bad deal ^_^

Hmmm..somehow I can't take you seriously because, all of a sudden, you realize that materialism isn't the end of all. Are you some rich kid living in a mansion and surrounded by things, money, and beautiful women? If not, why are you surprised that materialism isn't the end of all? Hate to break this to you but having a lot of money, having a beautiful wife, and having the latest electronic gadgets do not make you a god.... :)

Gee whiz, That'd be spondiferous. I don't really care about all that stuff, Except the perfect wife of course.

you do keep meditating till you die lol.

I think you just found whats bothering you. Enlightenment is totally letting go. But what you let go of is suffering, so its not a bad deal ^_^

The act of letting go makes me suffer.