Bed with head in north (or west) ... first thing I think. (this is western not Chinese BTW not sure what proper Feng Shui would say.)

Bed with head in north (or west) ... first thing I think. (this is western not Chinese BTW not sure what proper Feng Shui would say.)

Yea also you don't want your bed, especially head directly facing the door, or any corners or mirrors pointing at the bed. You can also make adjustments based upon specific goals you have.

Yea also you don't want your bed, especially head directly facing the door, or any corners or mirrors pointing at the bed. You can also make adjustments based upon specific goals you have.

Yep ... agree especially about mirrors.

What about the casanovas who have a mirrored ceiling? WHat is the energetic consequence?

Apech what is the western north thing about?

LOL I was just about to make a gag about mirrored ceilings ... orientation goes back to jolly old Egypt ... lines you up with the earth/solar/stellar wotsits don't you know.

Hi cat,

Imo, if you want to improve the FS of your bedroom, an analysis based on some measurments and calculations is required, such as the magnetic orientation of your dwelling and the things like the date of construction of it. A detailed floorplan is also needed.

• Like 1

What about the casanovas who have a mirrored ceiling? WHat is the energetic consequence?

Apech what is the western north thing about?

From a Feng Shui point of view mirrored ceilings are awful lol. It's said that when you Hun soul moves at night when your asleep and dreaming that mirrors freak it out.

Put your drawers and closets in order - keep them neat

Get rid of clutter.

Color is important in that it give off a peaceful vibe.

Simplify furniture in the room - pay attention whether furniture has a built in feeling or whether it feels scattered.

Head and body north south in bed.

We had a beam on the ceiling over our bed which didn't feel right (feng shui would probably say it would be inauspicious)

It felt wrong so we hung fabric from the ceiling to cover the beam.

Mirrors on the ceiling is a no no unless you are performing than it's a yes yes :)

One has to work with the particular room situation.

if you were to pm me a plan of your bedroom with furniture and photos i could be more specific.

• Like 1

I'm interested in improving the fung shui in my bedroom, and apartment generally, as well. From what I've read so far it sounds as though there are lots of esoteric alterations that can be made, but perhaps most important is just getting rid of clutter and keeping the place clean. So that's where I'm going to start.

When I called it housekeeping it bored me. Now that I see it as fung shui I'm more intrigued.

Liminal

• Like 2

I'm interested in improving the fung shui in my bedroom, and apartment generally, as well. From what I've read so far it sounds as though there are lots of esoteric alterations that can be made, but perhaps most important is just getting rid of clutter and keeping the place clean. So that's where I'm going to start.

When I called it housekeeping it bored me. Now that I see it as fung shui I'm more intrigued.

Liminal

I love it when housework becomes spiritual :)

• Like 2

I love it when housework becomes spiritual :)

Yea lol, now that I see it as Feng Shui I keep my place much cleaner :huh:

Here's what I take into FS consideration (one can get very deep into that or keep it very shallow, with many in-betweens.)

Ming gua (personal trigram) orientation.

This is the single most important FS factor to consider (if we start inside, that is... of course the orientation of the whole house and the outer landscape features will take precedence, but few people these days start out with getting the larger FS right if they aren't Donald Trump). We all fall into 2 major personal trigram categories, East or West, and for the East group there's four auspicious directions (out of the 8 of the bagua) which, for the West group, are not, and vice versa. E.g., mine are West, Northwest, Southwest, Northeast. Of these, my ideal sleeping direction is Northeast, i.e. with the top of my head pointing in that direction when I'm lying in bed. Not doable in my bedroom, alas. So three remain to choose from (and none of them are North or South or East, mind you, so the "generic" advice of this nature doesn't apply.)

Protection against sha' qi.

This includes not lining up your head with your toilet (wherever it may be) -- if unavoidable, put some large rocks in between (in front of the toilet), they will break up the sha' of this unlucky feature, at least to an extent. (I believe the expression "shit for brains" came into existence simultaneously with indoor toilets -- the flow of the shit qi into one's head may be what's responsible, at least partially.)

No visible mirrors in the bedroom -- qi bounces back and forth between the mirror and whatever it reflects and never settles. My mirrors are in the bathroom and on the inside of a wardrobe door.

No lining up your head with the door or the window. Vis a vis the door you must be sleeping in the position from which you can see it unobstructed, otherwise your unconscious mind will be on partial alert throughout the night (it knows that it can't know if someone -- a stranger, an up-to-no-good stranger! -- is coming in while you're sleeping, so it won't relax completely).

For the same reason, the bed must not be too high or too low (the unconscious mind reads both positions as insecure.)

No tall pieces of furniture at the foot of the bed or anywhere in that direction. This is from the Five Animals rule. You have Snake in the center -- that's where you want to be -- Tiger to the right, Dragon to the left, Turtle in the back, Phoenix in front, and the arrangement of any room follows these rules by imitating these "animals" (types of qi actually) with pieces of furniture "shaping" your room's qi a certain way. So, your Dragon must be higher than your Tiger, your Turtle must be sturdy (that's the headboard in the case of the bedroom -- it has to be solid), and your Phoenix -- that's your dream-body, and it has to be either something very light or nothing at all in that direction, so that your Phoenix has an unobstructed passage to fly into dreaming. It flies out forward and up, sometimes with great impatience (like certain caged birds would the moment you open the cage), and if there's a tall piece of furniture in its way, it can bump into that. (Not terrible for an adult, merely dream-thwarting... but a child with this kind of bedroom arrangement is almost guaranteed to break an arm at some point.)

Other sha' avoidance considerations -- overhead beams (must be covered, their qi chops down like a cleaver and the health of any body part under such a beam may suffer), and if you have vaulted ceilings... well, if it was me and I had vaulted ceilings, I'd move.

So, FS of the bedroom (like any other) starts with avoiding or neutralizing problems, and then it proceeds to enhancing auspicious qi. I would definitely start with phase 1, and then it's all fun and games. :D

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 5

How about plants? I've read you shouldn't have them in the bedroom, but can't remember why. Seems like they would be good for the air.

How about plants? I've read you shouldn't have them in the bedroom, but can't remember why. Seems like they would be good for the air.

It depends on the type of the plant. There's a few houseplants that release oxygen at night instead of during the day. There's also houseplants that readily absorb toxins from the air (released by wood treated with assorted chemicals, carpeting, mattresses and bedding routinely saturated with fire retardants which cause cognitive difficulties up to mental retardation in children, among other things, etc. etc. -- modern homes are rather toxic.) There's ones that absorb smoke (still I wouldn't recommend smoking in your bedroom.) Off the top of my head, ficus and rubber plant are used in bedrooms in traditional FS, but you can research for more -- there's not a whole lot of them, perhaps a dozen, that tolerate indoor living and are bedroom compatible.

• Like 1

Thank you. Good thread, just pushed tall heavy dresser from wall across from foot of bed to left side of room and does seem better now. Should have done advise to empty and declutter the drawers first.

• Like 1

I'm not exactly sure of where I readied it, but facing the head of the bed to west? Doesn't that make you receive less energy from the east direction? Sorry if I'm not coming with the right terminology, but when I first started applying feng shui in my home, I was advised to put the head of the bed to east, so you can receive more energy when the sun raises.

Moreover, the observation about not directly facing the door is well said.

It is recommend to not have rubber plant in the apartment as they are grow on places well which are not good for human and pull it up to the surface .

One can have one if one like and there are no things like accidents, illness or spook. In case of bad intent and spook they are the

first one to take away (dont crush the plant, they cant for what they are).

Ficus are ok but one have to consider the question if one has allergic reaction, which make one expression isnt good for

relationship.

As for peace lilies there are just their name are :) . Real Aloe (No thorns, look soft and gentle green and white and look as if they are made of water) is also good choice as plant with healing property have good homeophatic effect.

I got the rubber plant from Joseph Yu if I'm not mistaken -- where does your "it is recommended" originate? Trump my source and I'll kick my beautiful living-room-dwelling rubber plant outdoors! :D

An important point... don't have your feet on the bed facing the door. It's the position for death.

I heard a story in the mother land of a girl I know who's grandfather was suppossed to kick the bucket and he was somewhat catatonic. The doctors kept saying he should die soon, but he just wouldn't go (a few weeks this went on.) They brought a guy in who said they needed to turn the bed with his feet facing toward the door so he could die. They did so, and he popped off within 24 hours! Happy days!

So, I guess the moral of the story is: Don't put the foot of the bed facing the door, unless you particularly dislike your Mrs/Mr. and you sleep in separate beds. :D

As for plants, I've heard none should be in the bedroom as they feed off your energy while you sleep. I have a plant in my bedroom that I forget to water for weeks on end, it never dies. Like, never. It must be getting something from somewhere.

One more thing, there should be a huge flaming phalus in the corner, as this always helps to give a big hint to whatever female might be present. This isn't feng shui, it's just a personal thing.