Tsunami_MAPUA

Tsunami_MAPUA

Greetings!

I'm Tsunami_MAPUA.

Here's how I got here.

I was looking for info on TAI CHI and how to train for its martial arts application and for some strange reason, I found myself in Bruce Frantzis' website. There I discovered that there are other internal martial arts other than TAI CHI.

So every now and then, I looked for information on Kumar. I got into a general martial arts forum which I won't mention, then I found myself here.

He seems to be an amazing man. I got his book Relaxing Into Your Being, and I made a commitment to walk his path of Taoist Water Meditation.

So it's appropriate I use the Tsunami handle. BTW, I originally came up with Tsunami because Tsunami was my favorite character in WMAC Masters - a very funny guy.

Unfortunately, unlike a lot of people here, I sucked in my early martial arts training, in Tae Kwondo. I was unable to memorize my kattas that time, and it's been 10 years since I last set foot on a training center.

While I'm curious now on learning the internal martial arts for health and meditation, I'm at the moment not sure on what external martial arts to start and train anew. I'm thinking of Wing Chun, but since I need to be conditioned first, perhaps I may need to focus first on learning some Qi Gong and at the very least the Yang Tai Chi short form.

Edited by Tsunami_MAPUA
  • Like 1

Hello Tsunami_Mapua, welcome to the board, we as newbies on this forum need 5 posts to have access to the entire board.