Sign in to follow this  
Lindelani Mnisi

Center of chi in the human body

When I was new to chi, I practiced ki, in which all techniques/moves involved, using the chi in your tan tien. Is it a good/safe thing to project the chi in your tan tien? And as I've been doing research on it, I read that there are 3 tan tiens. What's their purpose/function?

Most of the time, when people talk about "dantian", they mean the lower dantien. In traditional taoism, they are three:

- The lower dantian , corresponding to the physical center of the being.

- The middle dantian, corresponding to the emotional center

- The upper dantian, corresponding to the intellectual/spiritual center.

You can search the forum, I'm sur you'll find more about it.

So are the dantians the 1st, 4th and 6th chakras?

No,...the physical dantian is the barycenter of the first 3 chakras,...the mental dantian is the barycenter of the upper 3 chakras. Only when these two are fully aware of,...is the heart center uncovered as the barycenter of all three dantians.

Trying to find truth without recognizing the false is futile,...likewise, seeking the heart before the physical and mental dantians are centered, won't happen. This is way I often mention that no Christian, that is, a person who clings to a belief system for their identity, will ever uncover their Unborn Awareness,...beliefs are barriers that veil the heart.

• Like 1

No,...the physical dantian is the barycenter of the first 3 chakras,...the mental dantian is the barycenter of the upper 3 chakras. Only when these two are fully aware of,...is the heart center uncovered as the barycenter of all three dantians.

Trying to find truth without recognizing the false is futile,...likewise, seeking the heart before the physical and mental dantians are centered, won't happen. This is way I often mention that no Christian, that is, a person who clings to a belief system for their identity, will ever uncover their Unborn Awareness,...beliefs are barriers that veil the heart.

I find this extremely important at this point in my life. Due to spending much of my time thinking and studying over the past years of my life I am acutely aware of the upper dantien and ma dome. Recently I have been bringing myself into the body and the gut, meditating on my physical dantien. Despite this work I have been trying to force the heart into my awareness but unfortunately it never seems to stick around. It seems because the upper and lower are still not completely harmonized I will not be able to balance the precious little heart between the two :(

Til the balancing point is reached I am just an intellectualizing weightlifter..

theNERD

that's why so many great works point out that identifying the upper and lower first, harmonizing the two, is an important step in the process.

Sign in to follow this