Sign in to follow this  
c00kiemonster

Some Questions about Kundalini management for a newbie ; )

Hey all you tao bums. I recently had a kundalini activation a few weeks ago. I didn't really know anything about it at all but I realize its been working its way through my body for the past two years after doing some research. I am pretty sure it is a full blown awakening as I completely lost my mind for a couple of days there afterwards and felt like my whole body was was swimming in a sea of dopamine and water. It made me really scared and naseaus : ( and also like Gravity had been taken away. Somehow I have managed to get it down to where the pressure is down in my neck. I am sure this is probably stupid because I know I've probably temporaroily burnt out some nerves (I was desperately trying to get all that stuff out of my head... I couldnt stand the feeling of being blissed out and also couldnt deal with not being able to think)

My problem now is, my sense of smell comes and goes, its like the elcetricity is there but there is no water there to support the electricity (kind of like if you have a sensitive tooth). I was wondering, is there a remedy for getting my smell back without sending all that watery/fiery energy back into my head? Is there a more subtle way of restoring the balance of the energies? or is asking something liek this completely stupid? Also, it feels like the energy is constantly trying to come back up, everything below my neck feels like a vast/empty/light space, anything I can do to get these centers more grounded?

Also, Is there a way to integrate kundalini into your life so your not always blissed out and in spiritual land? Ive done all the grounding methods such as walking, not panicking, eating heavier and meaty... I think this stuff has really helped me get it under control, Are there any other things I can do?

Nice to meet all of you BTW = )

Oh, also would like to add, since this happened, Ive walked into rooms now and have blown out 5 lightbulbs, a stereo speaker, and my moms air conditioning unit. Pretty fascinating stuff.

Is there maybe some sort of metal or rock or element that can absorb this energy? You know how they use lead to absorb radiation? Anyone know of something like this?

Much love to all of you guys.

CM, welcome to TTB's. :D

Think that you've come to exactly the right place for advice, from those that have experience of where you are now.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to comment or be of much assistance.

But the "Wise Ones" amongst us will (I'm sure) answer your plea for Help.

Basher

So you have to store your energy in the lower tan tien which is behind the navel.

To balance the energy you can do the small universe meditation aka microcosmic orbit and this brings the energy down the front of the body to the lower tan tien.

microcosmic_orbit.gif

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

Spring Forest Qigong - Small Universe - 30 Min CD

www.springforestqigong.com/index.php/small-universe-30-min-cd

Small Universe Guided Meditation CD (30 minutes) The Small Universe Meditation was designed to help you clear energy blockages along the two most ...

Spring Forest Qigong - Small Universe - 60 Min CD

www.springforestqigong.com/index.php/small-universe-60-min-cd

Small Universe Guided Meditation CD (60 minutes) The Small Universe meditation helps to powerfully open and connect the front energy channel (Yin Mai) and ...

This is enormously helpful to me as well. I have the Taoist Yoga: Alchemy & Immortality book/translation by Charles Luk, is there enough material in this to attempt the microcosmic orbit practice successfully or should I definately buy these 2 CDs first?

@CM: When my crown broke two years ago the blissed out state would come in waves, although at first it was pretty constant. I drive for a living and it was very scary, I was afraid I'd white-out while on the road and left early a few times. For me the waves were weekly, they would build to friday or saturday and I'd have to push all the energies out or be overwhelmed, and then I'd have 4 or 5 days of peace. It was actually unpleasant, like giving birth through my neck and crown for 3-4 hours every weekend. If you read my other post I haven't managed my condition appropriately, I smothered it. Don't do this and don't obstruct the flow, the energy wants out. Don't stop meditating although some references support this. Putting a boulder on a geyser only leads to trouble. Thinking about the energy also activates it, me posting is causing uncomfortable pressure. Don't obsess over it and try and focus on meat-body matter-world issues as much as possible, when you aren't actively focusing on releasing the pressure.

I'm also pretty sure that initial stage mellows out, I seem to remember a few months of peace where it felt like I'd been trepenated (hole drilled in head) but the pressure was in equilibrium and I just felt coreless emptiness. Then I got paranoid about my financial future and forcefully regressed myself, even managed to close my heart chakra. I've been retracing my steps ever since. I think in the old days people would leave society and find a cave or monastery when this happened (crown breaking through). Western culture feels very toxic when your K is raging and money seems like poison. I couldn't watch television or listen to the radio then, and everything was in stark love vs. fear dualistic warfare. Unfortunately I think that may be the true state of things and I'm trying to get back there, I've numbed myelf to normalacy. Treasure your state and never forget how lucky you are, even in the hardest of times. I've been a fool and I regret it.

Hey also check out Buddha At The Gaspump BATGP interviews on youtube. If you're bordering on the non-dual state there are scores of interviews of *possibly* enlightened individuals on there from all walks of life, who relate their experiences. I'm not sure how many of them continued their professional careers after their awakening. I think many were fortunate enough to already be retired when it happened, or attracted followers to support them. The interviewer covers practically every guru out there that claims non-dual attainment and some seem genuine. I'd like it if he'd interview the stars of the qigong community as well, but the advaita/zen crowd doesn't seem to be aware of these figures.

Wait I reread your post, I missed something. Is your crown chakra open or not? If your skull is full of kundalini without having an outlet it will cause the confusion you spoke of and the inflated head feeling and blissed state, it will be hard to think and it will feel like your brain is frying (not literally),with painful sharp pressure on the fontanelle. If you broke through it will be obvious, you will feel tendrils of energy moving about above your head from the opening, which will be small at first till you start yanking the energy through it. This will widen over time as the kundalini forces itself through. This is sad but I cannot clearly remember the sensations of the exact moment because it was hard to think and there was enormous discomfort and pressure, but I think I remember an actual cracking like a chick breaking thru a shell. I recommend you keep a diary of your experiences now if you don't already because sensations are hard to remember, just like clearly remembering pain is hard, but they are important to gauge your progress and see what works and what doesn't.

If your Sahasrara is not open I think if you went about microcosmic orbit meditation like pythagoreanfulllotus suggested your life could go back to a stable manageable level. Once you crack your crown the energy will seek out that opening relentlessly and you will have profound changes in your egoity and normal life will become difficult. There is bliss and emptiness but all your problems do not dissappear, and maintaining your daily routine for survival becomes complicated. (Although you could be like Eckheart Tolle and be a blissed out homeless arhat on a park bench, accidentally attract followers and generate a multimilliondollar worldwide movement. YMMV).

Wait I reread your post, I missed something. Is your crown chakra open or not? If your skull is full of kundalini without having an outlet it will cause the confusion you spoke of and the inflated head feeling and blissed state, it will be hard to think and it will feel like your brain is frying (not literally),with painful sharp pressure on the fontanelle. If you broke through it will be obvious, you will feel tendrils of energy moving about above your head from the opening, which will be small at first till you start yanking the energy through it. This will widen over time as the kundalini forces itself through. This is sad but I cannot clearly remember the sensations of the exact moment because it was hard to think and there was enormous discomfort and pressure, but I think I remember an actual cracking like a chick breaking thru a shell. I recommend you keep a diary of your experiences now if you don't already because sensations are hard to remember, just like clearly remembering pain is hard, but they are important to gauge your progress and see what works and what doesn't.

If your Sahasrara is not open I think if you went about microcosmic orbit meditation like pythagoreanfulllotus suggested your life could go back to a stable manageable level. Once you crack your crown the energy will seek out that opening relentlessly and you will have profound changes in your egoity and normal life will become difficult. There is bliss and emptiness but all your problems do not dissappear, and maintaining your daily routine for survival becomes complicated. (Although you could be like Eckheart Tolle and be a blissed out homeless arhat on a park bench, accidentally attract followers and generate a multimilliondollar worldwide movement. YMMV).

HAHA, thanks so much for your responses Simpleton. Yea. I guess, one of the main reasons I want to try and get this kundalini energy under control is that rewatching videos of Eckhart Tolle really freaks me out now. I used to watch some of his videos about two years ago and thought he was very endearing. I guess I still do, But now after experiencing this I know that he comes off that way because he is HIGH AS A KITE. : D .... The way he has to speak so slowly and pause to take in information, its because he is on cloud nine.

I can't stand that blissful feeling. I don't do drugs or anything. I'm a deep thinker type and it kills me to be under the influence of anything. I'm not quite sure what happened to me (where I am in terms of chakra activation). One day I woke up with extreme pain in my back after some research narrowed it down to a kundalini awakening. (Ive always been drawn to the more homeopathic/natural medicine than traditional stuff as opposed to going to the doctor and getting meds) Everyone on the internet seemed to deem it as a gift so stupidly I sent the energy up into my head. Immedietaly I felt like my whole body was swimming in the same fluid that comes up when you vomit, and the bliss was seriously knocking my lights out. Its liek someone started pissing dopamine in all part of my body and wouldnt stop. (up to this point I had never done any sort of meditation or energy work let alone a pshycadellic drug, so it threw me into a pretty crazy mental breakdown) It took me about a month to get to where I am now. the energy is stuck in my heart, but it rises several times a little bit each day and then goes back down. I find not focusing on my body really helps. but the pain is getting hard to ignore. I know if I leave it sitting it'll burn out something. I know its a pretty strong current due to some of the electricity stuff goin on. : (

I do remember a crack that happened behind my nose, immediately after the initial pain of it, It felt like a vaccum was created and all the sudden my whole head was filled with this ocean of swirling stuff and my sinuses opened. Its liek everything was wet except my consiousness. Its like I was still there in my body but my body was being drowned. Everything except my consiouncess. Im not sure If my crown is open. I do know though that one night after I managed to get the energy out of my head I went outside and the wind was blowing on my hair, and i instantly could feel every single hair on my head... Do you think this could have maybe been a very small crown opening? Also after that I feel like there is a v shaped magnetic field around the top of my head. But Ive never sent any energy through it.

Since all this has happened, My whole body smells sweet, if i put water on my teeth the electricity in my teeth change the water to this really sweet tasting liquid, and also my body seems to have stopped producing mucus. Also my eyes are really white and glassy and my complexion is really soft kind of like baby oil or something. I didnt experience any pain whatsoever when all of this first happened, (except for the painful pop behind my nose) In fact, it was the pleasure that sent me into the rabbit hole. But ever since Ive tried to stop it or bring it down ive been feeling lots of pressure and pain in several parts of my body. I guess what Im trying to fidn out is the ultimate end to this energy a blissed out cloud nine kind of thing? So many videos I see on youtube of people with kundalini seem to be a few dimensions away (like tolle for example). Is there not a way to turn it off so that you can function logically for a while? Also, I don't want to see or hear any spirits, colors, shapes, entities, etc. etc. Or be in a state to which my logical brain is muted. I've always been a very intuitive person but never really a spiritual or mystical person. All that stuff really freaks me out. I guess thats why I've been so desperate to get it out of my head. ; ( Ive managed to get it out of my head through force but now its burnign up my nervous system : ( (not sure if it is temprary damage or long term) (Im hoping its just temp)

Anyways, Simpleton, Ive been trying to reread your post, do you have an awakening in which you cant go back? If so, how is daily life? Do you find yourself blissed out/super aware like tolle? Does something like the microcosmic orbit work for you? IF not, how have you coped? Is it kind of something you just have to go with?

So you have to store your energy in the lower tan tien which is behind the navel.

To balance the energy you can do the small universe meditation aka microcosmic orbit and this brings the energy down the front of the body to the lower tan tien.

microcosmic_orbit.gif

Thanks so much for this pythagoreanfulllotus, It really helps me out alot.

Yes I'm glad you recognize that state Tolle is in, it's a great indicator of a true teacher, the only other 2 people I've found in youtube videos who express that state are Papaji and Isaac Shapiro. Both seem like they are in ecstacy at times, laugh inappropriately, and are channeling a freaking river of blissenergy out their skulls. Papaji passed on, he had a number of teachers who claim lineage but he never really announced a true successor. Mr. Shapiro was his student and authorized him to teach. He flies from Australia to Germany and occaisonally California for satsang. His teachings are wholly tied to being present in the Now and not thinking, like Tolle and Papaji. These people do not seem to be able to plan for the future anymore, the energy is everything, I think it is addicting and they constantly feel like they are rolling on MDMA (you said you haven't done drugs, but the blissed state is the same, but not dirty or stimulating). For full disclosure, psychedelics in my teens (an LSD overdose) I think prompted my root chakra activation. After many false heatattacks from heart chakra pain, and partial paralysis from K gone amok, I rebooted my whole energy system with a mushroom overdose, which blasted my heart chakra open, ripped through my skull, and permanently changed me. The kundalini never stops from its progression from tailbone to crown now and I feel like I'm finely vibrating all the time. I rarely sleep because of the supercharged feeling, and fear of my condition oscillates the width of my heart chakra. The bliss energy radiant Love now-ness want to charge out my heart and erase my ego but I'm afraid to let it, and it's a struggle to maintain enough fear to maintain a mind able to function in a Fear-based society, with units of currency as $ecurity from starvation and homelessness.

If you let the bliss take over like Papaji and Tolle you have to give control of your life away, you will be dependant on your friends or relatives to keep a roof over your head as Religion and Love and God is all you can think about, talk about, and do. Love is the energy of consciousness, and fear is what your mind is made of. Every thought is a plan for the future based on discontent of the present. The big question then is that the point of it all, to get into that state? You will become like a babe in an adult world, having no fear only Love. I think Tolle, Papaji, Mr. Shapiro, and others like them have handlers to keep their body safe while they are trapped/released into the permanent Now. I'm constantly tettering on the edge and I have no one to help me, my wife needs to retire, I have child support, I barely make rent as it is. Where I'm at now is trying to see how much Love I can live in without being erased, and stopping when it imapairs my job performance. I'll probably start playing the lottery or writing a book, I don't know if I'll every be able to focus enough to get a degree now in the state I'm in.

Regarding the microcosmic orbit, I haven't tried it it seemed esoteric without having a live teacher and I'd already recklessly modified my energy permanentlly by use of serotonergics. (the blissed out state isn't dopamine and water, it's serotonin) If I don't find a way to sleep properly soon I plan to go the SFQ route (sorry Dorian!) as pythagoreanFL seems to know a number of people with roaring rivers of energy who can still function. Or I may just focus entirely on metta meditation like a wise poster suggested and entirely let go. One side effect of overactive K is physical reality seems less and less real, at this point I think its just a more static, heavy version of the dreamworld. Spirits arrange tests there and here just the same, synchronicity never stops and everything measures the mettle of your heart. Papaji taught everything is a dream your mind creates, but was confused why the world didn't dissappear when he awakened. I think now the dream and waking world are a testing ground for teaching empathy through suggestion and force, and when you are cured of your egoity you are let free. I think theres a cosmic society on the Outside of Dream and Waking where everyone is enlightenened and here is where those sick with fear of Love are sent. When we are cured we will be let out, and our dream guides watch our progress. Neo-Platonicism suggests something of this, I think the Demiurge/Archons may be our therapists.

The writings above are what kundalini run wild will produce. Religion constantly charges through your mind and daily financial requirements, household maintenance, and future planning go out the window. With the V-shaped field above your head I think your crown is cracking and the energy will be extremely apparent in the near future. I have the electricity feeling in my teeth as well, and regarding the complexion question, I'm in my mid thirties and look like I'm in my late teens/early 20's, but I'm a health nut and take alot of antioxidants and eat a paleo-pescetarian diet and get practically no sun. Regarding the colors, shapes, entities question your dreams will get unbelievable and their character-caliber testing nature will be very obvious, you will get lots of Astral attention. Your synchronicity will get unbelievably frequent till you doubt your sanity, and what I've noticed recently is people who are "compromised" (entirely fear driven, ego-based) will try very hard to upset your equilibrium, I call the anger tests. People like these I think are easily possessed by the sentient Fear energy, it will go to unbelievable lengths to try and stop the outpouring of Love coming through you. Also you will be pulled into other peoples synchronicty and will find yourself a suprised player in their karmic evolution. I haven't had visions, I don't hear voices, and I don't hallucinate. Also the bliss doesn't take over unless you let it, but if you don't you will feel constant heavy pressure in your chest.

These are my honest experiences and revelations I have experienced, I kind of expect to get attacked here after being so honest and I don't want to have to defend every insight I've been given but if thats the will of the spirits so be it. I wish you nothing but the best CM, the road ahead of you is VERY rocky and rarely travelled, be careful what advice you listen to (including mine, I've been wrong before) unless you feel in your heart it is valid. Many people will talk about knowing all about this energy but they never seem to mention the world-rocking ego-shattering brink-of-madness effects it creates. There is a site kundalini.se which seems pretty solid, I'd recommend checking that out for more advice. Also feel free to PM me anytime for advice when the going gets rough. I don't have all the answers but I'm about 2 years ahead of you in the enfolding/outpouring stage and I know how lonely it can be.

I'm not convinced that things have to be the way you've described it Simpleton.

Kundalini is a physical experience in this lovely illusion we call the space-time continuum. Therefore it can be (and in my opinion HAS TO BE) managed. Which is a skill and an art form.

Simple Qigong/MCO would be one step further towards the goal of better Kundalini management.

Yeah psychedelics like LSD -- I have not done LSD but I have done DMT which is actually much stronger - you can't move your body while on a strong DMT dose - but psychedelics full the body with serotonin.

So yeah I tested DMT while in full lotus yoga position and the internal orgasm was so huge it felt like my tailbone was peeled back and upwards and then it shot into my brain and I literally heard a gun shot in my brain and then the pineal gland blasted open into the rainbow vortex for four hours. Then I heard a loud OHM sound from my heart.

So Master Nan, Huai-chin says how this loud OHM sound from the heart is the conversion of jing to chi energy from the second chakra opening up.

The thing is that the energy has to be stored in the lower tan tien. Controlling this energy is something to be learned and I am not good at this - like Chunyi Lin says he used to not be able to wear watches since they would always break. haha.

But anyway you wrote:

Papaji taught everything is a dream your mind creates, but was confused why the world didn't dissappear when he awakened.

I have read Nothing Ever Happens by David Godman -- this is a paradox that kept me occupied for about six years!!

So Chunyi Lin in the Level 3 class teaches the fundamental model of reality from the Tai Chi symbol - how the sine wave in the center of the circle is consciousness and the circle as Wu Chi is the Emptiness as the Universe. The two smaller circles are yin and yang.

So my question was - why is "consciousness" different than "Emptiness"? As per nondualism I thought they are the same!!

But the answer that took my several years to realize is that reality is inherently based on complementary opposites -- so the consciousness is light energy as spirit energy and the Emptiness is like the spacetime vortex but it is formless Being that can not be seen.

The thing is that because reality is actually based on complementary opposites - yin and yang - these energies never stop transforming. Brahman-based nondualism emphasizes a "static" formlessness but Ramana Maharshi actually calls it a "three in one" unity.

See Ramana Maharshi, Talks With Ramana Maharshi: On Realizing Abiding Peace and Happiness (Inner
Directions; 2nd edition, August 1, 2000) “The satvic mind has to be admitted as a concession to argument. The
satvic mind is in fact the Absolute consciousness. The object to be witnessed and the witness finally merge together
and Absolute consciousness alone reigns supreme.” p. 77

So satvic is the light consciousness.

But consider this misleading confusion!!

“But the Self is beyond knowledge and ignorance. It is light itself.” P. 208

and

“Nada, photisms, etc., imply the existence of triputi (the triads of cogniser, cognition
and the cognized). The current resulting from investigation of Self is suddhatriputi or pure triad – that is to
say, undifferentiated triad.” p. 275.

So this "triad" is actually the Tai-Chi symbol.

Yang is electromagnetic and yin is electrochemical and consciousness is shen or shakti as light energy.

and the Emptiness:

D: Maharshi: Are you conscious of a brotherhood of invisible rishis?
M: If invisible, how to see them?
D: In consciousness.
M: There is nothing external in consciousness.
D: Is there not the individuality? I fear to lose my individual being. Is there not
in consciousness the consciousness of being human?
M: Why fear to lose individuality? What is your state in dreamless sleep? Are
you conscious of your individuality then?
D: It is possible.
M: But what is your experience? If individuality be there, would it be deep
sleep?6

So the confusion is that people think the LIGHT is the EMPTINESS - but this is not quite true!!!

"the whole sunlight will represent the Supreme Being."

and

D.: Should it be thought of as Self-Effulgent?
M.: It transcends light and darkness. An individual (jiva) sees both.
The Self enlightens the individual to see light and darkness.

and

"The
intellect derives light from the Self (the Higher Power). How can
the reflected and partial light of the intellect envisage the whole
and the original Light?"

and

"To be full of light (tejomaya) is the aim."

and

"When the senses are merged in darkness it is deep sleep; when
merged in light it is samadhi."

and

"Karpura arati is symbolic of the burning away of the mind by the
light of illumination,"

and

"The Self is the Heart. The Heart is selfluminous.
Light arises from the Heart and reaches the brain, which is
the seat of the mind. The world is seen with the mind, that is, by the
reflected light of the Self. It is perceived with the aid of the mind. When
the mind is illumined it is aware of the world. When it is not itself so
illumined, it is not aware of the world. If the mind is turned in towards
the source of light, objective knowledge ceases and Self alone shines
forth as the Heart.
The moon shines by the reflected light of the sun. When the sun has
set, the moon is useful for revealing objects. When the sun has risen,
no one needs the moon, although the pale disc of the moon is visible
in the sky.
So it is with the mind and the Heart. The mind is useful because of its
reflected light."

hence in Taoism - the Moon is the Psychic energy because it "reflects" the Sun as the Mind reflects the Self.

The undulating mind (i.e., the mind
associated with rajas = activity and tamas = darkness) is commonly
known as the mind. Devoid of rajas and tamas, it is pure and selfshining.
This is Self-Realisation. Therefore the mind is said to be the
means for it.

So concentration of mind means it is not undulating -- concentration then leads to LIGHT as samadhi. But the Light is STILL not the EMPTINESS - the light is the Satva Mind as consciousness.

People want
to see the Self as something new. But it is eternal and remains the
same all along. They desire to see it as a blazing light, etc. How
can it be so? It is not light, not darkness (na tejo, na tamah). It
is only as it is. It cannot be defined. The best definition is ‘I am
that I AM.’

O.K. that is the BRAHMAN definition of God based on symmetric closed logic that attempted to "contain" infinity within material reality - within the body as the heart center.

I AM is actually the Tai Chi symbol which is not contained. "that" really refers to Formless Awareness - but I AM is really the Pythagorean Tetrad as 1:2:3:4. I-though is the One that is not a number - is it the light consciousness. 2:3 is yang as electromagnetic energy and 3:4 is the yin as electrochemical energy.

It is NOT contained as "that" I AM - a closed circular tautology that became the "cipher" symmetric logic of Western math.

Instead - that is why the world reappeared for Poonjaji - his Light energy is still his personal MIND consciousness that is always going into the Emptiness which is the formless female awareness - it is an eternal transformation process that never changes.

So it's not a "static" realm of Being as Emptiness - instead it is always creating energy as light, chi, etc. The undifferentiated triad that Ramana Maharshi referred to is based on complementary opposites that inherently as asymmetric and so we always already exist within the Emptiness and so we are always already recreating energy as we go into the Emptiness eternally.

Again

he cites Skandar Anubhuti: “Not real, nor unreal; not darkness

nor light, it is.”

and then again this confusion:

That state is beyond light and darkness,

but still it is called light since no other proper word could be found

for it.

and

When it is said that the Heart is a cavity,

penetration into it proves it to be an expanse of light. Similarly the

Hill is one of light. The caves, etc., are covered up by the Light.

and

Long for it intensely so that the mind melts in devotion. After the

camphor burns away no residue is left. The mind is the camphor;

when it has resolved itself into the Self without leaving even the

slightest trace behind, it is Realisation of the Self.

and

The projected light from Absolute Consciousness. Just as a seed

swells up before sprouting and then sprouts and grows, so also the

Absolute Consciousness projects light, manifests as the ego and

grows up as the body and the universe.

and

She continued Her

austerities and experienced a limitless light. She determined that this

also was only a phenomenon and not the Supreme Reality. Still she

continued Her austerities until she gained transcendental peace. She

realised that it was Supreme, that the Self was the sole Reality.

Only

in Reflected Light (Light mixed with Darkness or knowledge soiled

by Ignorance) can the world, not independent of its Source, seem to

rise up, flourish and be resolved. Its diversity too cannot be exclusive

of the Reality, the original Source. Here a play is going on in which

the One Single Being becomes manifold is objectified

and

There is the world perceived, the perception is only apparent; it requires

location for existence and light. Such existence and light are simultaneous

with the rise of mind. So the physical existence and illumination are part

of mental existence and illumination. The latter is not absolute, for the

mind rises and sinks. The mind has its substratum in the Self which is

self-evident, i.e. its existence and self-luminosity are obvious. That is

absolute being, continuous in sleep, waking and dream states also.

The world consists of variety, which is the function of the mind.

The mind shines by reflected light - i.e. light reflected from the self.

and

Just as the artificial light is projected through

a lens on to the screen, so also the Reflected Light passes through

thought (the magnifier) before expanding as the world beyond it;

furthermore, thought, itself the world in-seed form, seems to be the

wide external world. Such is the extraordinary Power! In this way

Isvara, individual and the world are only of the Reflected Light, having

the Self-shining Single Being for the substratum.

This darkness is otherwise known

as the Original Ignorance (Original Sin). The Light passing through

it is called Reflected Light. The Reflected Light on its own merits

is commonly known as the Pure Mind or Isvara or God. Isvara is

well-known to be unified with Maya: in other words the Reflected

Light is Isvara.

The other name - Pure Mind - implies impure mind also. It is the

rajasic or active mind or the ego; this too can be projected from the

former satvic mind through another reflection only; thus the ego is

the product of the second darkness (avidya) Then comes the tamasic

or the dull mind in the shape of antahkaranas (the inner organs); this

appears as the world.

From the standpoint of the gross body it may be said to shine forth

externally as the world by means of the brain.

Man Ramana Maharshi is deep if you really study him.

The Self is pure and self-luminous

and thus self-evident. The relation between the two is sought to

be established by positing a subtle body, composed of the subtle

aspects of the five elements on the one hand, and the reflected

light of the Self on the other. In this way the subtle body which

is synonymous with the mind, is both sentient and insentient, i.e.,

abhasa. Again, by the play of the pure quality (satva guna) on the

elements, their brightness (satva aspect) manifests as the mind

(manas), and the senses (jnanendriyas); by the play of rajas (active

quality), the raja (active) aspect manifests as life (prana) and limbs

(karmendriyas); by the play of dullness (tamas) the tama (dark)

aspect manifests as the gross phenomena of the body, etc.

D.: But the mind is reputed to have these three qualities also.

M.: Yes. There is purity (satva) in satva (in the pure quality); activity

in it (rajas in satva); and dullness also (tamas in satva); and so on,

Suddha satva is quite pure; misra (mixed satva) is a combination

of satva with other qualities. The quality satva implies only its

predominance over the other two qualities.

You may find this thread very useful as well as the techniques in it: http://thetaobums.com/topic/21974-awaken-kundalini-in-90-days/

Also you may find value in visiting this site: it is meant to give guidance and support to those going through the process, the people whom run it are very knowledgable about KAP: http://www.kundalinisupportnetwork.com/

My 2 cents, Peace

I'm not a frequent poster so I don't have excellent quoting skills, but I applaud your erudition and understanding of Ramana pythagoreanfulllotus. I'm sure you are more well read than I, my attention span on a field of study (be it Bwiti, Yoruba, Huachuma Mesawork, Kebatinen, endless others) is about three months of avid fascination, then I scan elsewhere. I'm high functioning autistic with an odd pairing of severe ADD which makes my obsessions switch direction within a general context. So in effect my understanding is broad but it is not deep. I'm good at pattern recognition from above, which gives me leaps of insight which furthers my research. I will closely study what you have written in those posts (thats a dense chunk of data), and will apply it to my own understanding. I cannot debate you point by point or ask question because I have to process all your leaps and get a feel for your mind, I've read the same material but you're two grades ahead of me. :)

Yes I agree DMT is a powerful tool, I'm very familiar with it. 5-MEO-DMT is even stronger in the rocket to the crown regard, but any tryptamine in sufficient dosage (mushrooms, ayahuasca, ibogaine, dpt, others) will open those doors. They do not provide a foundation however and will take you to great heights without providing a landing pad. When I've had burning pains and severe kundalini illness they have healed me a number of times however, so they cannot be disregarded.

What is your opinion on Nirvikalpa Samadhi? You say all this energy has to be sent to the lower dantien. I don't believe Ramana practiced tantra or any kind of qigong, neither did Nisargadatta, Papaji, etc. If you have the option to open all the gates and let the energy pour straight through you and abandon all these practices and preperations, why not take it? You will always be happy and in permanent bliss. I'm pretty sure if you stopped storing all that energy and just focused on bhakti and metta you would be the next Western saint. According to Ramakrishna and Vivekananda bhakti is the fastest path to the goal, if Enlightenment and not physical immortality is your goal. I thought the taoist internal alchemists wanted increased longetivity so they would have more time to achieve non-duality? I'm not well read I'm perhaps wrong in this regard.

Well Nirvikalpa Samadhi is as Vivekananda states an advanced level but actually it's where "real" meditation begins! Most modern practitioners never make it to Nirvikalpa Samadhi. It's called the Emptiness in Taoism -- but the thing about storing up energy -- you gotta realize that Ramana Maharshi was practicing in the context of strict Brahmin culture. So for example the traditional Brahmin priests were required to do a three day cleansing ritual if only eye contact was made with a female.

So Nirvikalpa Samadhi is called Immortal Breathing in Taoism - it's when the shen spirit energy goes down as the chi energy goes up - and it cycles like this with next to no physical breathing and very slow heart beat. Sri Yukteswar called it "breathless ecstasy."

So when I did plant-based DMT I did it in full lotus yoga position which forces the chemical to circulate through the whole body. So there was a huge kundalini internal orgasm that peeled back the tailbone - energetically - shot up the spine into the brain, sounding like a gun shot, then kicked up the rainbow vortex of the pineal gland. After that any left brain questions asked to the energy where answered as an internal holographic experience. External perceptions are reflections of our internal energy blockages being released as learning experiences. So then my heart made this loud OHM sound spontaneously. Then I read Buddhist Master Nan, Huai-chin saying this loud OHM sound from the heart is the second chakra opening up as it converts jing to chi energy.

So Ramana Maharshi acknowleges kundalini and prana, etc. and he does state - I found a rare book directly from his ashram in the South ASian library at the U of MN - when I put my hands on the book my hands were vibrating with chi energy! It was awesome! So in that book he has the diagram of the energy going from the lower body up to the head but then it has to come down the front to the heart.

That is essentially the same as the small universe practice or microcosmic orbit which is used to balance the energy. See a lot of people want to know "where" the lower tan tien is - but it's actually the generational energy of past lives! So yes it is a physical location to store chi energy and you need to then envelop the spirit shen shakti light energy within the electromagnetic chi force energy.

Dennis McKenna describes the MAOI as the force of the psychedelic and this makes sense as it's the serotonin that is shooting up the spine as the force of kundalini - and then the DMT is the vision spirit.

But anyway for Papaji -- he was already a high level master from previous lives and so holographically he was experiencing Ishwara in various divine forms - interacting with Ishwara but he still wanted to "see" Brahman. But only when Ramana Maharshi appeared to Papaji as a "yang spirit" - physical bilocation - and then latter he met Ramana Maharshi in person who said that you can not see God since we always already are within God - so just look to the source of your Self.

So the thing is that the DMT astral rainbow vortex is, as Master Nan, Huai-chin points out, not the end of the story since the energy of spirit enables physical transformation back into jing energy also. But in Mahayana Buddhism you are supposed to maintain personal awareness of the ability to make other physical bodies whereas for Poonjaji he made six physical bodies at the same time yet he was not personally aware he did this. Also Chunyi Lin told me he was told he had made another physical body but he had not been aware he had done it.

So the thing about this paradox is much like the paradox of why the physical world still exists. Sri Aurobindo correctly referred to quantum physics to describe this paradox. It is due to "time-frequency uncertainty" -- I have blogged on this - http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2012/11/non-commutative-resonance-quantum.html

Yeah so just scroll down on that. So there still has to be a building up of energy -- for example professor Hugh B. Urban has analyzed how the poor in Calcutta could not afford to join Vivekananda and Ramekrishna's spiritual society and so the poor were forced to rely on tantra practice which does not enable storing up of the energy to what is required to reach Nirvikalpa Samadhi. Ramekrishna would be woken out of samadhi if someone put coins against his body since money is so dirty karmically but the poor are forced to life a live close to their chest so to speak.

So the Taoists take a more practical route - as if the warrior caste was training to become a Brahmin caste - there has to be a combination of what Gurdjieff called the three paths of gnana mind yoga -- physical fakir - and emotional religious monk. All of this training comes from the original human culture -- The Bushmen going back to 100,000 BCE. They call the kundalini energy N/om which means boiling heat in the belly.

As for Nisargadatta -- Poonjaji said Nisargadatta did not have any transmission powers. Personally I am quite skeptical of the Brahmin class mind yoga since the Brahmins require not proof of their enlightened status other than confirmation by another Brahmin. Now whether this Brahmin mind yoga is followed strictly by caste or not - the same tradition is maintained and you end up getting a lot of fake teachers. So the thing is that the shakti energy comes from the Emptiness of Nirvikalpa Samadhi - the energy will just flow where it needs to go. If a person has achieved the fully opened third eye then the shen or shaki energy will just flow naturally out of them. I think all that is required is for a person or student to want the energy transmission and so they open themselves up to resonate with the Source of reality and then the teacher's energy will flow to them in an impersonal way.

You may want to read the biography of the most famous monk of Thailand - Phra Achran Mun http://www.thaibuddhism.net/Achan_Man.pdf a lot of what is in there is also what qigong master Chunyi Lin has experienced and experiences - of http://springforestqigong.com

• Like 1

That is essentially the same as the small universe practice or microcosmic orbit which is used to balance the energy. See a lot of people want to know "where" the lower tan tien is - but it's actually the generational energy of past lives! So yes it is a physical location to store chi energy and you need to then envelop the spirit shen shakti light energy within the electromagnetic chi force energy.

I have been having some yin/yang balancing issues and decided to try the MCO after not having done it for a while. Granted I only did it for 20 min and that's much shorter than I do most meditations, but I didn't really feel anything from it. Usually if I do an organ meditation for even 20 min I feel something, but I did not in this case and I'm not sure why?

**edit. Ok since that last post I went back and did more of the MCO. I noticed something. After doing the first session of MCO I felt kind of insecure and was having self esteem issues lol. I didn't really understand why, I just knew it wasn't fun. So I go get some lunch and come back and then do another set of MCO for another 20 min. While I'm doing it I notice that the same security and self esteem issues resurface. So I consolidate the qi at my dan tien and just do mindfulness meditation. But when I start doing that all awareness of these issues vanishes. So I begin MCO again, and then the same issues resurface. Stop again and they vanish, start again and they reappear.

So I realize that for what ever reason that MCO is causing these issues to surface so I just keep doing it and being mindful about it. I don't understand why the MCO raised such issues other than it was stirring up latent qi?

Edited by dmattwads

yeah just the emotional blockages getting cleared out - so the subconscious comes out -- sounds like a pancreas or kidney blockage getting cleared out.

yeah just the emotional blockages getting cleared out - so the subconscious comes out -- sounds like a pancreas or kidney blockage getting cleared out.

Now that's interesting cause I guess when I think about it now it makes sense but I had been under the impression that the MCO didn't work on organs directly which is why I tended to favor organ meditations lol. But obviously the MCO was stirring up something lol.

** wow your a genius lol. So I went and did a kidney meditation and INSTANTLY felt better! I'm not sure why but that is probably the organ that I ignore the most often. It never occurred to me to try that. I suppose as the MCO was passing between my kidney's it stirred something up eh?

Edited by dmattwads

Yes I'm glad you recognize that state Tolle is in, it's a great indicator of a true teacher, the only other 2 people I've found in youtube videos who express that state are Papaji and Isaac Shapiro. Both seem like they are in ecstacy at times, laugh inappropriately, and are channeling a freaking river of blissenergy out their skulls. Papaji passed on, he had a number of teachers who claim lineage but he never really announced a true successor. Mr. Shapiro was his student and authorized him to teach. He flies from Australia to Germany and occaisonally California for satsang. His teachings are wholly tied to being present in the Now and not thinking, like Tolle and Papaji. These people do not seem to be able to plan for the future anymore, the energy is everything, I think it is addicting and they constantly feel like they are rolling on MDMA (you said you haven't done drugs, but the blissed state is the same, but not dirty or stimulating). For full disclosure, psychedelics in my teens (an LSD overdose) I think prompted my root chakra activation. After many false heatattacks from heart chakra pain, and partial paralysis from K gone amok, I rebooted my whole energy system with a mushroom overdose, which blasted my heart chakra open, ripped through my skull, and permanently changed me. The kundalini never stops from its progression from tailbone to crown now and I feel like I'm finely vibrating all the time. I rarely sleep because of the supercharged feeling, and fear of my condition oscillates the width of my heart chakra. The bliss energy radiant Love now-ness want to charge out my heart and erase my ego but I'm afraid to let it, and it's a struggle to maintain enough fear to maintain a mind able to function in a Fear-based society, with units of currency as $ecurity from starvation and homelessness.

If you let the bliss take over like Papaji and Tolle you have to give control of your life away, you will be dependant on your friends or relatives to keep a roof over your head as Religion and Love and God is all you can think about, talk about, and do. Love is the energy of consciousness, and fear is what your mind is made of. Every thought is a plan for the future based on discontent of the present. The big question then is that the point of it all, to get into that state? You will become like a babe in an adult world, having no fear only Love. I think Tolle, Papaji, Mr. Shapiro, and others like them have handlers to keep their body safe while they are trapped/released into the permanent Now. I'm constantly tettering on the edge and I have no one to help me, my wife needs to retire, I have child support, I barely make rent as it is. Where I'm at now is trying to see how much Love I can live in without being erased, and stopping when it imapairs my job performance. I'll probably start playing the lottery or writing a book, I don't know if I'll every be able to focus enough to get a degree now in the state I'm in.

Regarding the microcosmic orbit, I haven't tried it it seemed esoteric without having a live teacher and I'd already recklessly modified my energy permanentlly by use of serotonergics. (the blissed out state isn't dopamine and water, it's serotonin) If I don't find a way to sleep properly soon I plan to go the SFQ route (sorry Dorian!) as pythagoreanFL seems to know a number of people with roaring rivers of energy who can still function. Or I may just focus entirely on metta meditation like a wise poster suggested and entirely let go. One side effect of overactive K is physical reality seems less and less real, at this point I think its just a more static, heavy version of the dreamworld. Spirits arrange tests there and here just the same, synchronicity never stops and everything measures the mettle of your heart. Papaji taught everything is a dream your mind creates, but was confused why the world didn't dissappear when he awakened. I think now the dream and waking world are a testing ground for teaching empathy through suggestion and force, and when you are cured of your egoity you are let free. I think theres a cosmic society on the Outside of Dream and Waking where everyone is enlightenened and here is where those sick with fear of Love are sent. When we are cured we will be let out, and our dream guides watch our progress. Neo-Platonicism suggests something of this, I think the Demiurge/Archons may be our therapists.

The writings above are what kundalini run wild will produce. Religion constantly charges through your mind and daily financial requirements, household maintenance, and future planning go out the window. With the V-shaped field above your head I think your crown is cracking and the energy will be extremely apparent in the near future. I have the electricity feeling in my teeth as well, and regarding the complexion question, I'm in my mid thirties and look like I'm in my late teens/early 20's, but I'm a health nut and take alot of antioxidants and eat a paleo-pescetarian diet and get practically no sun. Regarding the colors, shapes, entities question your dreams will get unbelievable and their character-caliber testing nature will be very obvious, you will get lots of Astral attention. Your synchronicity will get unbelievably frequent till you doubt your sanity, and what I've noticed recently is people who are "compromised" (entirely fear driven, ego-based) will try very hard to upset your equilibrium, I call the anger tests. People like these I think are easily possessed by the sentient Fear energy, it will go to unbelievable lengths to try and stop the outpouring of Love coming through you. Also you will be pulled into other peoples synchronicty and will find yourself a suprised player in their karmic evolution. I haven't had visions, I don't hear voices, and I don't hallucinate. Also the bliss doesn't take over unless you let it, but if you don't you will feel constant heavy pressure in your chest.

These are my honest experiences and revelations I have experienced, I kind of expect to get attacked here after being so honest and I don't want to have to defend every insight I've been given but if thats the will of the spirits so be it. I wish you nothing but the best CM, the road ahead of you is VERY rocky and rarely travelled, be careful what advice you listen to (including mine, I've been wrong before) unless you feel in your heart it is valid. Many people will talk about knowing all about this energy but they never seem to mention the world-rocking ego-shattering brink-of-madness effects it creates. There is a site kundalini.se which seems pretty solid, I'd recommend checking that out for more advice. Also feel free to PM me anytime for advice when the going gets rough. I don't have all the answers but I'm about 2 years ahead of you in the enfolding/outpouring stage and I know how lonely it can be.

You answered your own question.

I've had some kundalini experiences. I understand your frustration and loneliness which echo mine. Whatever path you take is good.

Everyone is a buddha if you treat him like one.

Also, Is there a way to integrate kundalini into your life so your not always blissed out and in spiritual land? Ive done all the grounding methods such as walking, not panicking, eating heavier and meaty... I think this stuff has really helped me get it under control, Are there any other things I can do?

Nice to meet all of you BTW = )

Nice to meet you too. I had two K episodes in the last two years.

After the first one, I lost my job, my house and my gf.

I had to support my kids. I faked to be normal and got another job in a different country.

Then another K came up to send me into hospital again.

Out of hospital, I was determined to keep my job for I know if I lost that one, I'd probably go real crazy, or ended up in a monastery.

The office washroom was my sanctuary. whenever I felt "crazy", I locked myself inside the stool booth. I'd experiment all kind of stuff to keep me "normal", breathing exercises, Qi Gong movement, silent mantra, silent lion roar, writing down my crazy thoughts (writting on paper seems to have different effect than typing into computer). Then I went back to work.

God bless my collegues and my managers. They are very nice to me.

I alos work during weekends to pick up my slacks.

Somehow, I survived, step by step, day by day.

I can't say I have it under control. But I still have my job, enjoy life sometimes, and trying to figure out the mystery of all this.

Good luck.

Edited by hydrogen
  • Like 4

Nice to meet you too. I had two K episodes in the last two years.

After the first one, I lost my job, my house and my gf.

I had to support my kids. I faked to be normal and got another job in a different country.

Then another K came up to send me into hospital again.

Out of hospital, I was determined to keep my job for I know if I lost that one, I'd probably go real crazy, or ended up in a monastery.

The office washroom was my sanctuary. whenever I felt "crazy", I locked myself inside the stool booth. I'd experiment all kind of stuff to keep me "normal", breathing exercises, Qi Gong movement, silent mantra, silent lion roar, writing down my crazy thoughts (writting on paper seems to have different effect than typing into computer). Then I went back to work.

God bless my collegues and my managers. They are very nice to me.

I alos work during weekends to pick up my slacks.

Somehow, I survived, step by step, day by day.

I can't say I have it under control. But I still have my job, enjoy life sometimes, and figuring out the mystery of all this.

Good luck.

Man this Kundalini stuff sucks lol

Sign in to follow this