in2it2heal

Typical Whacko

Warm greetings and a humble bow to you all!

(Come on. Stay with me...it's not THAT long!)

I am just going to write spontaneously here, I don't like this kind of thing. But I'm here for something, so I better give some pertinent details. I am going to have to make a very, very long story...very short. I'll do my best, we got time and it doesn't really matter, I guess.

I am here because Spirit sent me. For some time, I have been conscious channeling. Prior to conscious channeling, I did not know anything about eastern philosophies or religions. I always considered myself a "spiritual person", but I didn't practice anything in particular other than doing psychic readings for my friends in college, spirit writing, and astral projection from time to time. Not exactly a disciplined spiritual student...hahaha.

So, after receiving a Reiki attunement a couple years back, many new things happened. The energy, guides, or whatever you want to call them, began channeling through me. They sing, they dance, they speak in funny accents, they draw cool pictures, and they tell me things and teach me things, and then I go Googling in order to develop a better understanding of how such things connect to the world.

Some of the things I have learned through channeling are, I think, some Qi Qong exercises. My hands are guided to do tapping and circular motions over my chakras, (I didn't know what chakras even were until this happened.) They also invoked deep breathing. I call it "belly breathing". They manipulate energy, remove icky stuff, then fill it up with lovin' stuff.

I have become a spiritual healer and I pass what my guides teach me along to those I do healing for. I sense the energy, can manipulate it, remove it, and bring light in. I'm also able to intuit what's going on with a person in that way. Some other experiences that factor in...they taught me what I think is yoga, and I have also met animal guides (birds, horse, lion, most recently owl, etc...), was given a pink lotus flower, all of which led to journeying, which led me to a great Tree. I have only just begun to explore the great tree. I don't know what it means. (Is your head spinning, yet?)

Essentially, I have been led to some major emotional healing through these experiences (which, I notice in reading above, are impossible to put into a paragraph or less) and this is what I help others to do, as well. I recently took a hiatus from spritual healing, because my health was affected. (Fibromyalgia.) I realize I can not enter back into it until I acquire...something...that I don't yet have. And we are leading up to why I am here!

A lot of my work seems to pull me toward Hinduism, particularly to the goddess, Sita. I also think I am doing a bit of shaman-type work. Recently, though, in meditations, I am told to wield my sword, and a new guide named Jonin has come forth to bring it. I've only just begun working with him. I can not find a link through my Hindu studies there. He came to me in a dream. (I haven't Googled "Jonin"...maybe I should...hmmmm.)

I am also being told it is time to embrace the fifth element. Researching "Five Elements" today led me to Taoism and then to this place. I am told that I will meet someone here...or perhaps more that one...who can bring me to better understanding of Taoism and parts of my journey and how it is important to my spiritual journey.

I'm just following instruction from my guides at the moment. I am saying, "DELETE! DELETE!" And they are saying, "No...keep making an ass of yourself. It's funny." Hahahaha. I warned you, I'm a whackjob. (Not really...I'm a lover and I'm as sane as I can be considering what a day in my life is like...hahaha.)

Sooooo, in summary, I guess I am here looking for some guidance on the meaning of a great tree, the five elements, and my sword and what the heck I'm supposed to be wielding with it. And any other help, guidance, friendship, unknowns, discoveries, etc...are always welcomed.

Questions? Comments? Laughter?

Whew...thank goodness that's over with.

In Light,

Amy

Amy,

Welcome home -- we're all whackjobs here!

A jonin, according to this webiste is the leader of a ninja clan. You will see that the picture on the front of that website shows people with...swords.

My take is that you need to grow and unfold yourself like a tree. Also, you need to develop the metal element (the sword), which could again represent strength in yourself. Both the tree and the sword are strong. The metal element in Daoist Internal Alchemy is gold, and it reflects our internal transformation and strength.

I suggest you check out my teacher, Michael Winn. The front-page of the website is crass, but there is much information. Place your post in the forum there, and he should get back to you with very insightful suggestions.

much luck,

Chris

Warm greetings and a humble bow to you all!

(Come on. Stay with me...it's not THAT long!)

I am just going to write spontaneously here, I don't like this kind of thing. But I'm here for something, so I better give some pertinent details. I am going to have to make a very, very long story...very short. I'll do my best, we got time and it doesn't really matter, I guess.

I am here because Spirit sent me. For some time, I have been conscious channeling. Prior to conscious channeling, I did not know anything about eastern philosophies or religions. I always considered myself a "spiritual person", but I didn't practice anything in particular other than doing psychic readings for my friends in college, spirit writing, and astral projection from time to time. Not exactly a disciplined spiritual student...hahaha.

So, after receiving a Reiki attunement a couple years back, many new things happened. The energy, guides, or whatever you want to call them, began channeling through me. They sing, they dance, they speak in funny accents, they draw cool pictures, and they tell me things and teach me things, and then I go Googling in order to develop a better understanding of how such things connect to the world.

Some of the things I have learned through channeling are, I think, some Qi Qong exercises. My hands are guided to do tapping and circular motions over my chakras, (I didn't know what chakras even were until this happened.) They also invoked deep breathing. I call it "belly breathing". They manipulate energy, remove icky stuff, then fill it up with lovin' stuff.

I have become a spiritual healer and I pass what my guides teach me along to those I do healing for. I sense the energy, can manipulate it, remove it, and bring light in. I'm also able to intuit what's going on with a person in that way. Some other experiences that factor in...they taught me what I think is yoga, and I have also met animal guides (birds, horse, lion, most recently owl, etc...), was given a pink lotus flower, all of which led to journeying, which led me to a great Tree. I have only just begun to explore the great tree. I don't know what it means. (Is your head spinning, yet?)

Essentially, I have been led to some major emotional healing through these experiences (which, I notice in reading above, are impossible to put into a paragraph or less) and this is what I help others to do, as well. I recently took a hiatus from spritual healing, because my health was affected. (Fibromyalgia.) I realize I can not enter back into it until I acquire...something...that I don't yet have. And we are leading up to why I am here!

A lot of my work seems to pull me toward Hinduism, particularly to the goddess, Sita. I also think I am doing a bit of shaman-type work. Recently, though, in meditations, I am told to wield my sword, and a new guide named Jonin has come forth to bring it. I've only just begun working with him. I can not find a link through my Hindu studies there. He came to me in a dream. (I haven't Googled "Jonin"...maybe I should...hmmmm.)

I am also being told it is time to embrace the fifth element. Researching "Five Elements" today led me to Taoism and then to this place. I am told that I will meet someone here...or perhaps more that one...who can bring me to better understanding of Taoism and parts of my journey and how it is important to my spiritual journey.

I'm just following instruction from my guides at the moment. I am saying, "DELETE! DELETE!" And they are saying, "No...keep making an ass of yourself. It's funny." Hahahaha. I warned you, I'm a whackjob. (Not really...I'm a lover and I'm as sane as I can be considering what a day in my life is like...hahaha.)

Sooooo, in summary, I guess I am here looking for some guidance on the meaning of a great tree, the five elements, and my sword and what the heck I'm supposed to be wielding with it. And any other help, guidance, friendship, unknowns, discoveries, etc...are always welcomed.

Whew...thank goodness that's over with.

In Light,

Amy

first of all welcome!

its good to read your post as what you write is exactly what my life consist of as well as my girlfriends! first let me say that there is alot of information in your post and i will probably only address a couple things until i reread it a few times and post more.

in regards to your shamanic work. if that is what you feel you are doing some of then i would pursue that and do research in that area along with the others. my girlfriend for instance trained for several years with a shaman in the northwest and now does soul retrievals, power animal work, house blessings etc. she also is a acupuncture physician, and also does alot of work with Ganesh and Shiva in her healing work. although she trained at one of the best traditional chinese medicine universities here in the US, she was an apprentice to a 5 element acupuncturist for years during her schooling and now primarily does that in her practice along with some TCM when the patients needs just that. so as all this is a good mix for her, it sounds like it will be a great mix for you as well.

as for me, i am currently an oriental medicine studnet, have been involved in martial arts for years, along with qigong, and medical qigong, and Reiki. i know after my attunements the whole universe seemed to open up. so i can understand what you are saying! as for the 5th element i wouldnt necessarily concentrate on the word "5th" as much as "5". i knew alot about 5 E before enrolling in school and currently am taking a semester dedicated to that type of training. of course the medical side has some differences as its focus is different as say what Michael Winn speaks of ( i have been practicing his stuff for years as well ) but the root is the same.

If you really want to get involved in learning about 5 elements i would take a look at the Taoist concepts of yin and yang expressing the 4 phases of Universal energy and manifesting through the Pre and Post natal Bagua Trigrams, its actually a pre 5 element theory but goes back to India. the chinese borrowed the concept of wu xing ( 5 phases ) from India thru the ancient Vedas so it makes since that you are coming to learn what you are as the vedas predated the reign of the yellow emperor huang di by 2500 years or so. as a matter of fact the term wu xing wasnt really being used in china 2200-2500 years ago, then it was known as wu ren ( 5 virtues or creative cycle ) and wu sheng ( 5 conquerors or destructive cycle ). so you can see a little chinese, a little Indian etc! its all good.

for your fibromyalgia i know we use one particular point in all of our treatments for that and that is Spleen 21 which is called the Great Luo connecting point of the Spleen as it is THE point for pain of the whole body. check out some acupuncture or even use your skills to focus your intention on that point. if you google it i am sure there will be a picture of where its located, its on the mid axillary line in the 7th intercostal space but its probably easier to view 1st and then find, although its sore on alot of people if palpated. that will help.

glad to have you here!

yuanqi

Edited by yuanqi

I'm somewhat new to the Tao myself. Trees are of interest to Taoists. The imagery of taking root, establishing roots is common. A unique form of Taoist meditation is standing, and often refered to as "standing like a tree". Lao Tzu uses the tree metaphoricly throughout the TeChing as well.

Thank you for the welcome everyone! Yuangi, I have a couple comments and questions for you. It is always nice to know there are others who share my experiences.

I did find the Sp 21 point. It was easy to find because it hurt so bad...lol. Interestingly, the day you suggested that, I was having extreme pain in that whole region that limited the mobility of my arms. I'm feeling better there now.

One thing I do is what I call "intuitive acupressure", but that is not a point I was drawn to before. I didn't know that is what I was doing until I noticed that my hands would go to specific places for self-healing or healing on others for specific ailments. I got a book on acupressure and found that was what I was doing.

Part of the problem I have is that my intuitive healing work is so varied, it is hard for me to narrow down my studies. I feel like I have my foot dipped in many pools of water, but I am not submerged in any. It is an interesting journey, though. I am on my way to narrowing the focus.

After reading what your girlfriend does, I now know that I also do shaman work because I do those things also, though I have not had a human teacher specifically for it. I wish I did, but I don't even know any. I pray for it, though. I imagine that her healing acupuncture work must be AMAZING with the added healing energies.

You have affirmed for me that I need to be studying up on Taoism, Yin and Yang. I had a dream last week where I met someone named, "King Gemini." I did some research on Gemini and from what I found, in Chinese, it refers specifically to Yin and Yang. Why can't my guides just tell me this stuff in a way I can understand??? lol. I know...it's not them...it's me...hahaha.

The night after I read your post, I had a dream. Perhaps you may know something about the Chinese Meridian system or something that I do not that may help me with the details? I would greatly appreciate any insight you could offer. (If anyone else can help, that's great, too!)

I dreamt that I was lying on a table, it seemed like a sterile hospital environment. There was a young Asian man doing some kind of work on me. He's new. I never met him before. He seemed to be a student because he kept referring over to an older Asian man, whom I recognized as "Jonin". Jonin seemed to be encouraging the younger man in his work on me. I felt like I was there for surgery, but the young man put his hands on my chest and said, "I'm working on your lungs." He seemed to be worried that he would offend me or something, or that he wasn't sure if what he was doing was okay. He didn't seem to lack confidence in what he was doing. It seemed more of a social issue, that he wasn't sure if he was crossing boundaries on me or something.

He moved down to my solar plexus and he said, "You have too much blood here." I began to recognize the work he was doing and I nodded and said, "I know the work you are doing," because I recognized he was doing integrated energy therapy. But I didn't understand what he meant by "too much blood." He began pulling "icky stuff" out of my energy field. He was VERY dramatic as if each pull he performed made him woozy and light-headed.

Then he said, "You have Three in here, not Two. You should have only Two, not Three." He was still in the solar plexus region. I don't know what that meant.

A female "nurse" came in and began to prep my solar plexus region for surgery. She rubbed Iodine on my stomach region. At this point, I didn't know what was going on. I asked and the nurse said, "You need to have it removed." I was okay with it. I wasn't afraid, but I was curious.

The young man came to my feet. He took a sharp metal object, like sharp tweezers or something, and began pulling on the inside of my big toe on each foot to remove something. He was very dramatic about that, as well. He did the left foot first. It was soooo painful. I swear it REALLY hurt in the dream! I began to scream at the pain, but then I calmed myself and stopped screaming and did deep breathing instead.

With that, I went out of body in the dream. I was now standing outside of myself at the table with the young man. I looked down at my feet. They were quite sore and there were open wounds where he had done the work on the inside of my big toes. I saw the other part of me...lol...lying on the table. My stomach had been cut open and it was filled with a white powdery substance. It was either salt or sugar...maybe both.

The young man was down on my left thigh, about half way down. He had made an incision and was pulling up an artery or vein. I had my left hand over my solar plexus where I was cut open and I was doing energy work there while the young man was pulling the vein out of my left leg. As he finished, my middle-finger on my left hand that was over my solar plexus began to vibrate uncontrollably. Almost as if it was separate from me. I showed it to the young man and said, "Look at that!" And we laughed.

The dream shifted and I was back in my body and I was no longer on the table. The nurse said, "We were unable to complete the work." I said, "What do you mean?" I could feel that I had been all cut up...the solar plexus, the left leg, both feet. She said, "We couldn't finish it." I said, "So you cut me all open and sewed me back up, but nothing was done?"

And the dream ended.

I have a bit of an impression on what some parts of the dream meant, and I'm pretty certain it's dealing with some blocked energy channels, and other things, but I'm not sure. Can you offer any wisdom, Yuangi, or others? I would appreciate it very much!

I'm somewhat new to the Tao myself. Trees are of interest to Taoists. The imagery of taking root, establishing roots is common. A unique form of Taoist meditation is standing, and often refered to as "standing like a tree". Lao Tzu uses the tree metaphoricly throughout the TeChing as well.

Eric, thank you for that information. I actually do almost all of my meditation standing. I have always been led by my guides to stand, and sometimes dance by swaying in meditation. I thought it was because I have focus issues...I can't sit still. It makes it easier for me to focus this way. But maybe it is for other reasons than my inability to sit to meditate. Thank you for that!

A jonin, according to this webiste is the leader of a ninja clan. You will see that the picture on the front of that website shows people with...swords.

Oh wow! Lol! That's weird, huh??? I did a little research also, and there is prominent figure in Nicherin Buddhism named Toki Jonin, the warrior thing makes the most sense, I think. Exploring the tree makes sense to me, and especially the metal element. Actually, one of my friends who channels had a guide come through and tell me I needed metal, but I didn't know what that meant. It's beginning to make sense. My physical body has taken a beating over the last year or so. I used to be pretty athletic and not-wussy...lol. Now, I feel "old" and I'm only 34!

I will check out Michael Winn, also. Thanks, Chris, for the suggestions and the welcome!

Thank you for the welcome everyone! Yuangi, I have a couple comments and questions for you. It is always nice to know there are others who share my experiences.

I did find the Sp 21 point. It was easy to find because it hurt so bad...lol. Interestingly, the day you suggested that, I was having extreme pain in that whole region that limited the mobility of my arms. I'm feeling better there now.

One thing I do is what I call "intuitive acupressure", but that is not a point I was drawn to before. I didn't know that is what I was doing until I noticed that my hands would go to specific places for self-healing or healing on others for specific ailments. I got a book on acupressure and found that was what I was doing.

Part of the problem I have is that my intuitive healing work is so varied, it is hard for me to narrow down my studies. I feel like I have my foot dipped in many pools of water, but I am not submerged in any. It is an interesting journey, though. I am on my way to narrowing the focus.

After reading what your girlfriend does, I now know that I also do shaman work because I do those things also, though I have not had a human teacher specifically for it. I wish I did, but I don't even know any. I pray for it, though. I imagine that her healing acupuncture work must be AMAZING with the added healing energies.

You have affirmed for me that I need to be studying up on Taoism, Yin and Yang. I had a dream last week where I met someone named, "King Gemini." I did some research on Gemini and from what I found, in Chinese, it refers specifically to Yin and Yang. Why can't my guides just tell me this stuff in a way I can understand??? lol. I know...it's not them...it's me...hahaha.

The night after I read your post, I had a dream. Perhaps you may know something about the Chinese Meridian system or something that I do not that may help me with the details? I would greatly appreciate any insight you could offer. (If anyone else can help, that's great, too!)

I dreamt that I was lying on a table, it seemed like a sterile hospital environment. There was a young Asian man doing some kind of work on me. He's new. I never met him before. He seemed to be a student because he kept referring over to an older Asian man, whom I recognized as "Jonin". Jonin seemed to be encouraging the younger man in his work on me. I felt like I was there for surgery, but the young man put his hands on my chest and said, "I'm working on your lungs." He seemed to be worried that he would offend me or something, or that he wasn't sure if what he was doing was okay. He didn't seem to lack confidence in what he was doing. It seemed more of a social issue, that he wasn't sure if he was crossing boundaries on me or something.

He moved down to my solar plexus and he said, "You have too much blood here." I began to recognize the work he was doing and I nodded and said, "I know the work you are doing," because I recognized he was doing integrated energy therapy. But I didn't understand what he meant by "too much blood." He began pulling "icky stuff" out of my energy field. He was VERY dramatic as if each pull he performed made him woozy and light-headed.

Then he said, "You have Three in here, not Two. You should have only Two, not Three." He was still in the solar plexus region. I don't know what that meant.

A female "nurse" came in and began to prep my solar plexus region for surgery. She rubbed Iodine on my stomach region. At this point, I didn't know what was going on. I asked and the nurse said, "You need to have it removed." I was okay with it. I wasn't afraid, but I was curious.

The young man came to my feet. He took a sharp metal object, like sharp tweezers or something, and began pulling on the inside of my big toe on each foot to remove something. He was very dramatic about that, as well. He did the left foot first. It was soooo painful. I swear it REALLY hurt in the dream! I began to scream at the pain, but then I calmed myself and stopped screaming and did deep breathing instead.

With that, I went out of body in the dream. I was now standing outside of myself at the table with the young man. I looked down at my feet. They were quite sore and there were open wounds where he had done the work on the inside of my big toes. I saw the other part of me...lol...lying on the table. My stomach had been cut open and it was filled with a white powdery substance. It was either salt or sugar...maybe both.

The young man was down on my left thigh, about half way down. He had made an incision and was pulling up an artery or vein. I had my left hand over my solar plexus where I was cut open and I was doing energy work there while the young man was pulling the vein out of my left leg. As he finished, my middle-finger on my left hand that was over my solar plexus began to vibrate uncontrollably. Almost as if it was separate from me. I showed it to the young man and said, "Look at that!" And we laughed.

The dream shifted and I was back in my body and I was no longer on the table. The nurse said, "We were unable to complete the work." I said, "What do you mean?" I could feel that I had been all cut up...the solar plexus, the left leg, both feet. She said, "We couldn't finish it." I said, "So you cut me all open and sewed me back up, but nothing was done?"

And the dream ended.

I have a bit of an impression on what some parts of the dream meant, and I'm pretty certain it's dealing with some blocked energy channels, and other things, but I'm not sure. Can you offer any wisdom, Yuangi, or others? I would appreciate it very much!

Eric, thank you for that information. I actually do almost all of my meditation standing. I have always been led by my guides to stand, and sometimes dance by swaying in meditation. I thought it was because I have focus issues...I can't sit still. It makes it easier for me to focus this way. But maybe it is for other reasons than my inability to sit to meditate. Thank you for that!

Oh wow! Lol! That's weird, huh??? I did a little research also, and there is prominent figure in Nicherin Buddhism named Toki Jonin, the warrior thing makes the most sense, I think. Exploring the tree makes sense to me, and especially the metal element. Actually, one of my friends who channels had a guide come through and tell me I needed metal, but I didn't know what that meant. It's beginning to make sense. My physical body has taken a beating over the last year or so. I used to be pretty athletic and not-wussy...lol. Now, I feel "old" and I'm only 34!

I will check out Michael Winn, also. Thanks, Chris, for the suggestions and the welcome!

well let see, i cant address it all at the moment as i am about to leave to go to one of my clinic shifts but i will try to answer some.

the big toe, if its on the inside towards the 2nd toe then it is liver 1. the jingwell point and wood on wood in 5 element. its good to regulate qi, alleviates pain, good for the genitals and regulates the liver qi among others like calming the spirit and revive consciousness. jingwell points are all to revive consciousness specifically.

it is interesting that your middle finger started vibrating when over your solar plexus as that is the last point on the pericardium channel in most text books. its pc-9 (at finger tip) also a jingwell point good to clear heat, revive consciousness and clears the heart. interesting in the fact that both points have to do with "consciousness" LOL they are probably raising it in you i suppose. dont really know. i will get back later in the evening and reread your post and address the other things!

take care!

YUANQI

Edited by yuanqi

And the dream ended.

hey there,

ok, lets see. they said you need metal and that they were working on your lungs. well the lungs are the metal element in tcm/5element acupuncture. they control alot that i wont get into here but one main aspect is they are in charge of dispersing your wei qi (your qi protection field) its the superficial qi that is on the outside of your body but particulary under the skin (cou li)- (means between skin and muscle). it protects you from pathogenic invasion. they do a whole lot more in tcm (traditional chinese medicine) but that is something to think about, if you have weak wei qi, then you easily catch xie qi ( evil qi. i.e. pathogenic invasions ) not just colds/flu or whatever but anything if you are healing people for a living! the lungs relate to different organs as well and are paired with the large intestine. metal controls wood which is liver/gallbladder. got a problem with metal then you could have a problem with wood and vice versa, gets kinda complicated, especially if you look at the fact that fire controls metal meaning heart/small intestine controlling lungs/large intestine. LOL it goes back and forth. they generate each other, control each other, counter control each other and insult each other etc and on and on. but it makes since from what you wrote. i have already mentioned the pericardum in my last post along with liver. i dont know what they meant when they said you should have two and not three. i have to think about that.

they did mention that you had too much blood though, to us in tcm we call that blood stasis/stagnation. since qi is the commander of blood, and blood is the mother of qi, if one stops the other will stop as well. it could mean that you have a channel block. could mean alot of things. LOL one thing i know it means is that when qi and blood stop, you have pain. general qi stagnation will cause dull pain and move from place to place, blood stagnation will cause sharp pain and remain in a fixed location. qi is more yang but causes dull pain, blood is more yin and causes sharp pain. figure that one out. LOL you would think it would be the other way around! but its not.

as far as the thigh area goes, my gut said spleen channel but could be stomach or gall bladder depending on where its at. spleen makes blood from the food that comes into the stomach which its paired with like those above. everyone i have ever palpated had a sore spleen 6. that is 3 cun (basically the width of your hand) above the medial malleolus (inside ankle bone) that goes to show that although thats not what you were referring to the spleen channel is that important,and the western diet sux! thats why its sore, doesnt matter if your a vegan either, most vegan's are what we call spleen qi xu (deficient) just like the rest of us. LOL but the spleen is important especially when speaking of blood. it can get easily overworked by too much thinking or improper diet among other things, the one thing it cant stand is being damp. that is the primary pathogenic factor that affects the spleen. dampness comes from greasy,spicy foods, alcohol, tobacco, coffee etc. then you have fatigue among other symptoms. you thigh area is around spleen 9 or 10 i would think, spleen 9 is called the sea of blood ( xuehai ) and is used in clinic to invigorate the blood and dispel stasis/stagnation. isnt that a coincidence. LOL also cools the blood, harmonises menstration and benefits the skin as well. mostly things to do with menses and uterus. the uterus is also one of the extraordinary fu ( organ ) so its important as well. all this sounds like a connection i would say........how bout you. LOL

well thats all i can think of at the moment off the top of my head but i will reread again and post if anything else comes to mind, i could go on and on about the connections but from a tcm standpoint it makes since to me.

Thank you so much, Yuanqi, for your feedback! I also apologize for spelling your name wrong...everywhere...

I find everything you say so fascinating and it all rings quite true for me! I'd like to make a few comments...

hey there,

ok, lets see. they said you need metal and that they were working on your lungs. well the lungs are the metal element in tcm/5element acupuncture. they control alot that i wont get into here but one main aspect is they are in charge of dispersing your wei qi (your qi protection field) its the superficial qi that is on the outside of your body but particulary under the skin (cou li)- (means between skin and muscle). it protects you from pathogenic invasion. they do a whole lot more in tcm (traditional chinese medicine) but that is something to think about, if you have weak wei qi, then you easily catch xie qi ( evil qi. i.e. pathogenic invasions ) not just colds/flu or whatever but anything if you are healing people for a living!

This really stands out to me, because part of the Fibromyalgia causes me to have extremely sensitive skin. I have explained it to my husband to help him understand what is wrong with me that when he touches my skin it hurts and feels good at the same time. Feels good, 'cuz it's affectionate, but hurts from the Fibro causing such sensitivity. So, on the physical level, I can understand what was going on there now. Also, when I entered into spiritual healing, I did so naively without protection...which has led to all the muck I'm dealing with now, so again, on a spiritual level, I can understand about activating my protective layers.

i dont know what they meant when they said you should have two and not three. i have to think about that.

I don't know either. I know in integrated energy therapy, we deal with the adrenals, which we access through that region, I didn't know if that played into it. Also, I did recently gain weight quickly. It is adding to wreaking havoc on my system. I thought it might have been referring to my body mass ratio or something. I should be one third smaller....LOL!

they did mention that you had too much blood though, to us in tcm we call that blood stasis/stagnation. since qi is the commander of blood, and blood is the mother of qi, if one stops the other will stop as well. it could mean that you have a channel block. could mean alot of things. LOL one thing i know it means is that when qi and blood stop, you have pain. general qi stagnation will cause dull pain and move from place to place, blood stagnation will cause sharp pain and remain in a fixed location. qi is more yang but causes dull pain, blood is more yin and causes sharp pain. figure that one out. LOL you would think it would be the other way around! but its not.

That is so interesting. I never heard of such a thing. I really need to get educated on tcm! What Fibromyalgia was causing, for me, was both a dull aching all over and also sharp pain at trigger points. But actually, through several healing over the last months, the dull aching is mostly gone. Now, what I am left with is the sharp pains at all the trigger points. So, this makes a lot of sense. Maybe qi is starting to flow again and we're working on removing the blocks that will alleviate the sharp pain?

as far as the thigh area goes, my gut said spleen channel but could be stomach or gall bladder depending on where its at. spleen makes blood from the food that comes into the stomach which its paired with like those above. everyone i have ever palpated had a sore spleen 6. that is 3 cun (basically the width of your hand) above the medial malleolus (inside ankle bone)

Wow, I palpated Sp 6...it hurts...lol. I think you may be right with your gut in that it is the spleen channel. See, a year ago, I was very healthy, active. I ate pretty healthy. I didn't over indulge much. I wasn't the ideal or anything, but I was "normal". Then with my business, stress, a lot happened last year, my diet went downhill. I stopped exercising. I think that has really been the main contributor to my Fibro. I need to get that blood pumping again, huh!

I have been working on getting exercising again and trying to watch what I eat, but I think my root chakra is shut down or something, because I just can't seem to get it going. My libido has been affected, too. When your skin is ultra-sensitive and touch is painful, I guess that's one of the effects...I don't know. It's like a nasty chain reaction. I have felt for a couple weeks like things are turning around for me and that I'll get the motivation boost I need to get disciplined. I hope I'm coming into it.

that goes to show that although thats not what you were referring to the spleen channel is that important,and the western diet sux!

I have felt for some time that I need to change what I eat, but I just...don't know what to eat... I have a large family to feed and they are all picky eaters. I am, too. I'm lacking some education here, but I don't know where to go to get educated on a good diet. Oftentimes, I will read of Eastern diets and I have never heard of a lot of the foods let alone know where to buy them.

dampness comes from greasy,spicy foods, alcohol, tobacco, coffee etc. then you have fatigue among other symptoms.

Mhm...the fatigue was really bad for me a couple months ago. It's better now. I stopped drinking coffee altogether for the most part. I don't drink much alcohol. No tobacco. But, like I said, I do need to eat better.

you thigh area is around spleen 9 or 10 i would think, spleen 9 is called the sea of blood ( xuehai ) and is used in clinic to invigorate the blood and dispel stasis/stagnation. isnt that a coincidence. LOL also cools the blood, harmonises menstration and benefits the skin as well. mostly things to do with menses and uterus. the uterus is also one of the extraordinary fu ( organ ) so its important as well. all this sounds like a connection i would say........how bout you. LOL

Wow, that is a coincidence! My blood is stagnate, so I guess they were letting me know it needs to be invigorated! I also have irregular cycles, especially when I'm carrying extra weight. I think I better get exercising again ASAP!

well thats all i can think of at the moment off the top of my head but i will reread again and post if anything else comes to mind, i could go on and on about the connections but from a tcm standpoint it makes since to me.

I want to thank you sooooo much for the time you have taken to give me some education and insight. I really am dealing with something that is very new to me. I have been extremely "westernized" all my life. Do you have any suggestions for resources or reading material where I could learn more about...what we are discussing here in laymen's terms? I do have anatomy and physio and have some medical background under my belt so I can handle the technical terms for the most part. But tcm, qi qong, etc...are a bit overwhelming and foreign to me from a typical western upbringing. If you can think of anything I can read that you can suggest, that would be great. Then I wouldn't keep asking you what all my dreams and experiences mean. LOL!! I do thank you so much for your time!!!

its really no problem and i dont mind you asking especially if i can offer some insight into something that i have loved for a couple decades and now finally am studying. i first checked out tcm schools in 1992 but was married/divorced, married/divorced. LOL and never did it, not til moving to florida for school in 2005. one of my martial arts instructors introduced me to taoism in 1987 and bam that was it. one step after another to finally get here. so i actually enjoy putting my knowledge to good use inside/outside of clinic until i graduate. by no means is this a diagnosis, just information to help you put some things together that you might not have thought of. one thing i have seen in clinic and from all my instructors especially the chinese is that you cant normally throw scenarios to them and expect a response. LOL they always say see the big picture, or you dont have enough information etc. they help me think chinese, which is totally different than our overanalytical western mind. when we diagnose we observe the patient, check the tongue and pulses,palpate, and ask alot of what some consider off the wall questions. LOL but it makes sense to us. i always love to feel someones spleen pulse and ask them if they are having bowel problems, or what did they just eat, or their heart pulse and ask if they have trouble falling asleep etc, its a trip. but since we are just analyzing dreams here there is no harm in that. LOL

one book that i read that was a general book in tcm was ted kaptchuk's-the web that has no weaver-it was actually required reading BEFORE i could enter a different school i had checked out, even had to write a paper on it. LOL it was a good book then, its made for laymen from my understanding, or at least that what i was told, although i think some places use it as a textbook but those are in colleges that dont offer masters or PHD's just general course work. i found it a difficult read at the time, especially when he talked about pulse diagnosis and acupuncture on animals. but there is good information in it and gets some basics down. i wish i knew of others that we use in school that were basic and cheap, but they are the exact opposite. LOL detailed and expensive for the most part. but his book should work. there are also books by MIKIO SANKEY that deal with esoteric acupuncture that are of great benefit. the points arent that hard and he even says in his books that you dont have to practice acupuncture to use the books as they are made for many different modalities, its all based on the spiritual use of the points (which is how my girlfriend practices) but goes much more into detail and uses sacred geometry and is based on the channelling sessions of ALICE BAILEY (her books are worth getting) when she channelled DJWHAL KHUL known as The Tibetan, plus alot of other things. its all for someones spiritual benefit, whether they feel anything or not, once the patterns are done the energy is encoded into their cells and when enough "inner plane" work is done they will have the awakenings, siddha's and universal knowledge etc. his stuff isnt concerned with de qi ( the arrival of qi ) when we needle we wait for the qi to come or stimulate the point to get it to come, then once its at the needle we manipulate it depending on whether we want to tonify or sedate someones condition, his stuff is all very superficial as your working with the energies outer levels not the physical. there is alot of info in those books as well, but you will have to get those from his website. use his name i put above and paste it in google as i forgot what the site is ( i have all the books. LOL ) you can also check out someone called terri newlon if the alice bailey stuff interest you, she is one of the channells that brings DJWHAL KHUL in these days. He is the man, well i cant really say that cause he is ascended but you get the idea. LOL

Edited by yuanqi

Thanks so much, Yuanqi, for the reading suggestions. I will check it all out. Meeting you here has been a fascinating experience. I said in my opening post that my guides told me I would meet one person here (at least) who could help me make sense of some things that are going on with me and as usual, they were right about that. You have really been helping me to open my eyes! I find it to be no coincidence that you are also Reiki attuned and know your guides, as well as your girlfriend doing shaman and energy work and working with her guides very similarly to how I work with mine. I don't know about you, but I know very few people who I can share these experiences with. Mostly, they just give me that blank stare look and the person thinks I've gone over the edge. But I have a lot in common with both of you. You arrived at the Tao Bums not too long ago, and then I showed up and there you were to help me out! Coincidence! Hahaha.

I laughed at your "married/divorced, married/divorced" and how it put some things on hold for you, because I experienced the same. I was married/divorced, married/divorced, and now remarried...again. I had been studying for my master's degree in counseling psychology at the time of my second divorce, but I had to put it on hold because of it. After that, I entered into massage therapy because I wanted to get into touch therapy. There was something about sitting across the room from someone while they tell you all their problems that was just too impersonal for me. The process was too slow for me. I also had a teacher there at the time who kept encouraging me to explore Taoism, but I read the Tao Te Ching, and I just didn't get it. I now know what he was hinting at. But I left the program (and lost contact with the teacher) and I wanted to get into some kind of touch therapy (at that time I was looking into Orgone therapy). Little did I know that the reason I felt pulled into that was so that I could awaken what had been there all along. At that time, I had no idea what "energy work" or "Reiki" or any of that stuff was. I never even heard of "chakras" or any of it. Then one of my teachers at my massage therapy school was a Reiki master, and well, the rest is history.

My guides have taken me through some lessons in Hindu teachings, but when my guide, Jonin, came into the picture, I felt pulled toward something else. I just wasn't sure where I was being pulled to. But having found this place, and having met you, I see that a lot of what I have been doing all along in my healing practice and self-healing is qi qong, acupressure, and spiritual healing that seems very similar to Taoist shaman work. Even the conscious channeling I do is similar to what the ancient Tao shamans practiced from what I have read, allowing the guide to enter the body and utilizing their power. I have also been doing mudras now for a while, but I didn't know what they were until you mentioned them yesterday in your post and I looked it up. I especially do mudras during self-healing meditations, different ones over different chakras usually. I had no idea what it was. I usually just let my guides take over.

I got my first book on Taoism in the mail yesterday. As I read the book I have, which gives a history and overview of the various forms and philosophy of Taoism, the branch of Taoism that stood out to me most so far was Mao Shan. I don't know much about it, but I noticed that you said you do meditations from it. If you don't mind my asking, where can I learn these things? In books or school? Again, I welcome any suggestions you may have. You also suggested I read up on Five Element theory, Yin Yang, and the Trigrams??? (I don't even know what trigrams are.) Do you have reading you can suggest for me there? I know I'm making you work hard here, but there is so much information out there, I have difficulty deciphering it all, because it often feels like learning a foreign language to me, only they are concepts, not words. And also, my guides are telling me to trust you, that you are very gifted and helpful. I'm not just trying to flatter you into continuing to help me, either...lol.

I have one more question. This may sound weird, but since Jonin seems to be oriented to things you know about and I don't, I'll give it a shot. When I first met Jonin in dream, we were in a place and there was butter on the counter. He said, "I can't believe you humans eat that crap." lol. He's pretty crass and doesn't mess around with fluffy words and niceties...lol. He began telling me something about excretion. I don't remember exactly what. But then he ate the butter. Then he vomited. The vomiting seemed deliberate, like he did it intentionally. I looked at him puzzled and he said, "It must come out the same way it goes in." Now, I think he may have been referring to that crappy western diet...lol. But I felt his statement about coming out the same way it goes in was very significant and that some how the human excretory system factors in. Any thoughts?

Hahaha. I'm looking over my message here and I notice that my posts to you are very lengthy. Luckily, I type about 80 wpm...lol. I'm wanting to edit and delete...lol. But Jonin, especially since I was just talking about him here, is present and laughing, telling me to SEND, SEND!

Thank you!

Thanks so much, Yuanqi, for the reading suggestions. I will check it all out. Meeting you here has been a fascinating experience. I said in my opening post that my guides told me I would meet one person here (at least) who could help me make sense of some things that are going on with me and as usual, they were right about that. You have really been helping me to open my eyes! I find it to be no coincidence that you are also Reiki attuned and know your guides, as well as your girlfriend doing shaman and energy work and working with her guides very similarly to how I work with mine. I don't know about you, but I know very few people who I can share these experiences with. Mostly, they just give me that blank stare look and the person thinks I've gone over the edge. But I have a lot in common with both of you. You arrived at the Tao Bums not too long ago, and then I showed up and there you were to help me out! Coincidence! Hahaha.

I laughed at your "married/divorced, married/divorced" and how it put some things on hold for you, because I experienced the same. I was married/divorced, married/divorced, and now remarried...again. I had been studying for my master's degree in counseling psychology at the time of my second divorce, but I had to put it on hold because of it. After that, I entered into massage therapy because I wanted to get into touch therapy. There was something about sitting across the room from someone while they tell you all their problems that was just too impersonal for me. The process was too slow for me. I also had a teacher there at the time who kept encouraging me to explore Taoism, but I read the Tao Te Ching, and I just didn't get it. I now know what he was hinting at. But I left the program (and lost contact with the teacher) and I wanted to get into some kind of touch therapy (at that time I was looking into Orgone therapy). Little did I know that the reason I felt pulled into that was so that I could awaken what had been there all along. At that time, I had no idea what "energy work" or "Reiki" or any of that stuff was. I never even heard of "chakras" or any of it. Then one of my teachers at my massage therapy school was a Reiki master, and well, the rest is history.

My guides have taken me through some lessons in Hindu teachings, but when my guide, Jonin, came into the picture, I felt pulled toward something else. I just wasn't sure where I was being pulled to. But having found this place, and having met you, I see that a lot of what I have been doing all along in my healing practice and self-healing is qi qong, acupressure, and spiritual healing that seems very similar to Taoist shaman work. Even the conscious channeling I do is similar to what the ancient Tao shamans practiced from what I have read, allowing the guide to enter the body and utilizing their power. I have also been doing mudras now for a while, but I didn't know what they were until you mentioned them yesterday in your post and I looked it up. I especially do mudras during self-healing meditations, different ones over different chakras usually. I had no idea what it was. I usually just let my guides take over.

I got my first book on Taoism in the mail yesterday. As I read the book I have, which gives a history and overview of the various forms and philosophy of Taoism, the branch of Taoism that stood out to me most so far was Mao Shan. I don't know much about it, but I noticed that you said you do meditations from it. If you don't mind my asking, where can I learn these things? In books or school? Again, I welcome any suggestions you may have. You also suggested I read up on Five Element theory, Yin Yang, and the Trigrams??? (I don't even know what trigrams are.) Do you have reading you can suggest for me there? I know I'm making you work hard here, but there is so much information out there, I have difficulty deciphering it all, because it often feels like learning a foreign language to me, only they are concepts, not words. And also, my guides are telling me to trust you, that you are very gifted and helpful. I'm not just trying to flatter you into continuing to help me, either...lol.

I have one more question. This may sound weird, but since Jonin seems to be oriented to things you know about and I don't, I'll give it a shot. When I first met Jonin in dream, we were in a place and there was butter on the counter. He said, "I can't believe you humans eat that crap." lol. He's pretty crass and doesn't mess around with fluffy words and niceties...lol. He began telling me something about excretion. I don't remember exactly what. But then he ate the butter. Then he vomited. The vomiting seemed deliberate, like he did it intentionally. I looked at him puzzled and he said, "It must come out the same way it goes in." Now, I think he may have been referring to that crappy western diet...lol. But I felt his statement about coming out the same way it goes in was very significant and that some how the human excretory system factors in. Any thoughts?

Hahaha. I'm looking over my message here and I notice that my posts to you are very lengthy. Luckily, I type about 80 wpm...lol. I'm wanting to edit and delete...lol. But Jonin, especially since I was just talking about him here, is present and laughing, telling me to SEND, SEND!

Thank you!

well that will take more space to write as i have alot to say, both of us seem to write alot. LOL i type pretty fast as well ( thank you 7th grade ) you can email me if you click on the yuanqi name near the avatar. and i will answer what i can!

yuanqi

Edited by yuanqi

Hi and welcome

I noticed you said that you feel old at 34 and your body has taken a beating. Let me be the first to recomend a joint mobility program called Intu-Flow from R-MAX. I cant tell you how amazing it is.....HIGHLY recomended.

Welcome.

I believe that even the best guides can use your energy to manifest and may need you more than you need them. And I also believe that one can outgrow guides and have to break up with them, as in any relationship. This is not to say anything about the nature of your guides or what is happening now, it's just a good thing to be generally aware of.

I would suggest that a tree represents the strong need for a vertical connection, especially of rooting to the earth, to balance all the horizontal connecting to other people that has been going on.

Sword, Metal element, involves boundaries, skin, lungs, not doing more for others than you reasonably can.

Ask Voice about Rosemary water, he used to recommend that as a booster of protective chi.

Comment:

Maybe slow down, stabilise, negotiate with your guides. Assume they are well-intentioned, but not perfect, not complete. Do stuff just for you, walk in nature, sit, stop. Try a bit of stillness meditation.

Good luck.

i was thinking about what your guide said about that butter. LOL it could be something simple like meaning that your body cant digest that stuff. not that it comes out in excretion but that if you dont throw it up then it will stay in your system. LOL perhaps clogging arteries! i think i read in a book by daniel reid on chinese medicine years ago, that stuff like margarine is one atom away from being plastic, either that or i dreamed it. LOL i think that book was called the complete book on chinese health and healing or chinese medicine, i cant really remember as it was back in the late 80's or early 90's. but it stuck. he also said that the average school kids diet is worse than a beggers in india. not that school kids dont eat, just what they serve in the cafeteria's. i think he also said that when you homogenize and pasteurize things like milk, it makes the calcium in it unabsorbable to the human body, so you really arent getting that much calcium. he had a lot of weird scientific research information in that book. LOL wish i could find it now.

i am flattered at what your guide says. i have a question for him though and perhaps he is willing to help me out and let me know. i will get to that some other time i suppose.

Cristoph, thank you for the suggestion! I will look into it to see what it is all about.

Ian, thank you for the welcome!

I believe that even the best guides can use your energy to manifest and may need you more than you need them. And I also believe that one can outgrow guides and have to break up with them, as in any relationship. This is not to say anything about the nature of your guides or what is happening now, it's just a good thing to be generally aware of.

I agree mostly with you, here. When I first began channeling, I really had to work hard to build up my energy to bring them through and I would be exhausted afterward. Now, I find it has the opposite effect. Channeling seems to invigorate me now. I only seem to get fatigued when I'm working on other people, so I think I'm absorbing the icky stuff of people.

I also agree with what you say about outgrowing guides. When I began channeling, the main guide I channeled was feminine and she was very loving to me. I channeled her primarily for about year. She worked Qi Gong on me through tapping and breathing to heal me. She also talked a lot. Over the last six mo months, though, a male guide came into the primary picture. He is less warm and fuzzy and more get to the point. His bodywork is different in that he utilizes mudras and I guess acupressure or something as he always seems to be poking at trigger points. He does more strenuous exercises with me, too. He also doesn't say much and pulls me into a trance type state that is very peaceful and still. I had read somewhere that it is normal to progress from a loving guide to a more impersonal guide, though I don't recall the reasoning. I still feel the feminine presence, but when I channel now, I primarily channel the masculine guide.

I would suggest that a tree represents the strong need for a vertical connection, especially of rooting to the earth, to balance all the horizontal connecting to other people that has been going on.

Sword, Metal element, involves boundaries, skin, lungs, not doing more for others than you reasonably can.

This makes perfect sense with what I have been experiencing. Thank you.

Maybe slow down, stabilise, negotiate with your guides. Assume they are well-intentioned, but not perfect, not complete. Do stuff just for you, walk in nature, sit, stop. Try a bit of stillness meditation.

Thank you for this also. Over the last few months, I significantly slowed the pace of my life. I stopped working at my business, do healings on very few people now, just very close friends and family, and I just stay home now and take care of the family so that I can devote more time to healing, etc...I see that even though I have slowed things externally, I need to also slow them internally. I have a very difficult time focusing during meditation, so I also agree that I need to incorporate more stillness in meditation instead of always interacting with my guides during meditation. I don't think this was possible for me before (I think I'm one of those former ADHD kids...lol), but I have noticed my consciousness seems to be changing and I can do it now. I have especially been working at grounding exercises, and that seems to be helping.

Thanks so much for your perspective! It really helped!

Hi Amy, and welcome!

If you're interested in pursuing "Jonin" as a ninja leader, you might want to look for more about Maasaki Hatsumi (once known as Yoshiaki Hatsumi). He can trace his lineage back to historic ninja leaders, and has kept the practice alive. The ninja were (and to a lesser degree still are) a closed society, so be prepared to sidestep a roadblock or two.

You might also enjoy a search for the following terms:

Mikkyo

Shugendo

Kuji-in

Kuji-kiri

Happy hunting,

Bob