4bsolute

No motivation to shower - possible chakra blockage?

The guy in the I image is the Maha Ananda Siddhar. He baths once a year. The ash serves a greater purpose than hygene.

I was making humor about the balance between fire, water and bathing.

you can take her motivational class to be excited about showering :-)769368_o.gif

Edited by dmattwads
  • Like 2

*WARNING* Drive-by Psychoanalysis... :lol:

On the surface, you feel a conflict between self-approval vs societal approval (internal vs external locus).
But, the real conflict is the "Egoic" divide between you as an invididual vs the rest of manifest phenomena as a whole...to begin with.

You love feeling distinctively "unique" because that strengthens the pseudo-illusive notion of your "individual existence."
So, you subconsciously create even more substantive gaps between yourself vs "others/society."
Because these function as artificial borders or moats to preserve:
The conceptual castle of your "individual Ego's" survival.

The more substantial these gaps feel, the more real It feels.

Whereas showering would be an act that literally diminishes this boundary, threatening your "Ego's" sanctity.
Like a "special snowflake" melting into a lake...
But it doesn't wish to be so easily forgotten.
As completely formless and indistinct as water.

*glug, glug*

Of course, this base fear is unfounded..

True integration is not negation..

Being yourself, does not mean denying yourself.

But fully embodying your whole, unbounded self.

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

*WARNING* Drive-by Psychoanalysis... :lol:

On the surface, you feel a conflict between self-approval vs societal approval (internal vs external locus).

But, the real conflict is the "Egoic" divide between you as an invididual vs the rest of manifest phenomena as a whole...to begin with.

You love feeling distinctively "unique" because that strengthens the pseudo-illusive notion of your "individual existence."

So, you subconsciously create even more substantive gaps between yourself vs "others/society."

Because these function as artificial borders or moats to preserve:

The conceptual castle of your "individual Ego's" survival.

The more substantial these gaps feel, the more real It feels.

Whereas showering would be an act that literally diminishes this boundary, threatening your "Ego's" sanctity.

Like a "special snowflake" melting into a lake...

But it doesn't wish to be so easily forgotten.

As completely formless and indistinct as water.

*glug, glug*

Of course, this base fear is unfounded..

True integration is not negation..

Being yourself, does not mean denying yourself.

But fully embodying your whole, unbounded self.

Woof, Vortex

I bet you a million bucks DON'T smell like fresh flowers.

You probably need the comfort of your own smell- like Flo said

or have a desire to keep others at an arms length.

Either way it doesnt sound like a 'healthy' indicator.

( I was wondering just how lazy a person can get -and now I know)

I agree with Luke , a hot shower is simple and wonderful thing

to treat yourself to DAILY.

:)

Edited by Stosh

I've recently been skipping showers too :P

I have a desk job. So I don't really do much vigorous physical activity.

If I get home at night, and too burnt out to exercise, sometimes I'll just lay in bed... and pass out. Then wake up the next morning, not enough time to shower, put some deodorant on, maybe a hint of cologne, put some fresh clothes on.... and voila, new day at work.

I'll take a shower the next day though.

Or if I run or do anything crazy.

Or can smell myself :P

Do shower, don't shower. Not a big deal.

Always brush your teeth though.

4B - first of all, props to having the balls to post this! I apologize on behalf of all the dudes giving you flak about this.

As a child I was STRONGLY resistent to showering. Look, if you're in America, our entire water supply is cut with tons of fluoride, chlorine, radioactive tridium, and tons of antibiotics and weird shit. I just intuitively did.not.want to get in that water.

Everyone has different balance points with elemental energy. I am much more toward the "yin" side of the spectrum, so I get a LOT out of being around fire, or even burning incense or holding a smoldering ember in my hands. I love being in the sun. It balances me out hugely.

So I've always been preternaturally averse to water. I like high mountain areas that are dry. I shower - I believe in Leonard Orr's work that bathing does actually cleanse and open the chakras - but I'm aware of what my own personal balance point is. I sit with candles and burn things as much as I can. My showers are quick and I spend extra on shower filters and good products, because I just accept that I'm sensitive. And I don't want fluoride calcifying my pineal gland.

Trust your intuition, man. You can go cave man and that might really build up jing for you. There's a reason why you are or aren't drawn to something, just go with it. We're all here because we're getting activated at a higher level than what society calibrates at, and we're here to support each other in that mission. Go for it.

• Like 1

Also, alternative mode I forgot to mention: take freezing cold showers! I learned from a Russian special forces manual that cold water activates an immune response - your body temperature spikes to compensate, which has the effect of totally nuking any bad bacteria or infections going on internally. (Your body does the same thing, but for much longer, when you get a fever).

Russia did a 100+ year study to research longevity among the Russian people.

Guess who were the longest lived out of everyone?

1. Beekeepers (bee products have tons of enzymes and life force)

2. People who jumped into freezing cold water