4bsolute

No motivation to shower - possible chakra blockage?

Hello dear ones,

this time I have a very mundane question. And here it is:

Why do I never really find motivation to take a shower?

I want to add, that I am aware of how our brain can add blocks to one of our five earthly senses, so that we are not bothered by a certain feeling any longer. That goes for pain, for smell, even for taste. Taste and smell are the most common examples: You over-eat a certain food and suddenly flavor is lost. You enter a place, you smell a certain aroma and then your body adjusts to it, no mather how pleasent you initially felt towards it. That means I know that people who have a bad body odor, mostly never smell themselves. I do and this is because I am always concerned about the wellbeing of my surrounding. So I ask or if I get told I react accordingly to learn from it. I'm a vegan and mostly fruitarian by now and I can tell you, that I love every aroma by body creates. Yes, every vegan and "beyond" knows what I am talking about... when you were raised with a standard diet and used all sorts of beauty products, such as deos and shampoos over the years and suddenly "become" the deo, literally :D

But, really... I prolong every time I think I must take a shower... I caught myself many times in the past, standing in the bathroom and doing other things, many other things before I then finally take a shower. Is it the unpleasent feeling after taking the shower, when the water dries and creates a cold sensation on your skin? In my country its 60:40 more cold:warm during the year. Hmmmm...

Is there a possibly a known blocking in one of my energy centers associated with the water element? How can I increase my motivation to shower?

I am really curious what is behind all of this...

Kind regards.

Edited by 4bsolute

why would this have anything to do with chackras? or anything spiritual?

• Like 1

why would this have anything to do with chackras? or anything spiritual?

Everything is spirit. Everything happens for a reason.

Such as an ant dragging a leaf to it's hive is not simply a "Jesus man, it's just a frigging ant with a leaf! Get over it" - it has a purpose. We can learn much from, what we think are, very small things. It's always the perspective, that matters.

You want to understand? Then you want to understand your totality. Why you are reacting in a way you react in a certain situation you find yourself acting odd, or different. There is no exception in a certain part in life where you then say that you dont need to understand it here, because that then might be too far down the earthly needs. No no, everything wants to be understood at some point.

Too delicate topic, regarding your personal approach to body odor? No problem, no need to answer. Easy :)

Edit language: Foreign English in the morning is truely foreing...

Edited by 4bsolute

:( IMO I see way to many posters like the OP on the Taobums lately, for Taobums' sake, not healthy.

The amount of time you spend writing inanities here, you could do something more productive, like GTFO and take the goddamn shower...

• Like 5

If you want an analysation trying to hold onto dirt is probably a root chakra blockage associated with the developmental stage when babies and young children hold onto their shit as a form of primitive protest or passive aggression against fear.

There are times to analyse and consider the big picture. This is not one of them.

This a simple, unhealthy aversion to showers which you need to overcome by pushing through it. Log off and take a damn shower. No amount of thinking or meditation will make that happen, but once you get used to making yourself shower - no problem.

Yes, everything has a cause. But that doesn't mean it's wise to look at every little practicality of life from an absolute perspective.

Spiritual vs. mundane is a false dichotomy. Being practical on a purely material 'mundane' level is something even a Buddha/Immortal/etc. would do in a wide range of simple situations. If there is a fire in your house, you get the hell out and THEN look at causes and surrounding issues.

Edited by Seeker of the Self
  • Like 2

Ponderous over having a shower? hahaha....

(tickles my imagination)

Actually, I kind of have the same problem. I don't like showering, although I do it. It's like it takes an act of Congress to get me to step in and get wet, and the way Congress is these days this can be a real problem. Maybe I was a cat in a prior life.

In my particular case, it's a remnant of something else. My whole life I felt 'hurried'. Like this moment wasn't good enough, let's hurry and get to the next moment. Something better is coming down the road. That is my default mindset, unless I stay on top of it. This translated to the unwillingness to take the time to shower, as I didn't feel 'important enough' to waste time on myself. After all, I wasn't worth much (in my mind) and the needs of the people around me were much more important. The way my folks raised me had lots to do with that. Shower aversion is also a symptom of depression, which probably explains mine.

At least you're not the only one here that's shower-averse. The way I do it now is to talk myself into visiting the 'water angel'. And I do say good morning to her. And I'm always so glad I did.

Edited by manitou

From a TCM point of view likes or aversions to certain elements can be explained sometimes by and excess of deficiency of an element or pathogen with in the body. People with too much internal heat don't want more heat. If you have a wind invasion get inside you, you will tend to have an aversion to wind. People with Spleen qi deficiency tend to crave sweets.

Now I've never heard of this particular example so I have a couple of seemingly contradictory theories but perhaps you can help narrow it down (like I said I've not heard of this one before)

A. Excess dampness. Dampness makes the body feel sluggish and heavy, and the tongue tends to have a thick and greasy coat. Perhaps like with the other examples you have too much dampness and your body does not want more.

B. Excess dryness. This is also a pathogenic factor in TCM and as dryness does not like moisture perhaps that is the primary motivating factor. This one you can tell by if your skin tends to be dry and flaky and if the tongue is pretty dry.

I'd be interested to hear back on this one as I've not run into this before.

• Like 2

It's called procrastination... from now on make it your mission to take back your self-control.. take self-responsibility for your life!

Did you know in the old days, no one, i mean no one would be allowed to be even considered for spiritual training unless they had already taken 100% self-repsonsibility for their lives..

JUST DO IT! FEEL THE WHATEVER IT IS YOU ARE FEELING AND DO IT ANYWAY :)

Peace

Edward

I think that before posting when someone is willing to admit something they need help with openly, is to think of three things: is it true, is it kind and is it necessary. There is no reason for put downs and so forth.

I'm just guessing, but aversion to water in some way? It could be some old physical trauma, or perhaps something deeper. Water representing emotions and so forth in some traditions.

Have you tried baths instead? Baths can feel very relaxing, and are extra awesome with essential oils; might be easier to get those in :). Personally I hate showers, but in a where is the bathtub sort of way!

Funny thing about this, but many teens seem to go through this phase. I hear many parents complaining about this for a time. It makes me curious where it stems from. The same teenagers who obviously have no trouble with motivation at all if you look at their other activities.

From a TCM point of view likes or aversions to certain elements can be explained sometimes by and excess of deficiency of an element or pathogen with in the body. People with too much internal heat don't want more heat. If you have a wind invasion get inside you, you will tend to have an aversion to wind. People with Spleen qi deficiency tend to crave sweets.

This makes a lot of sense to me, particularly if the OP is K-active. The heat thing - it just has a ring of truth in it for me. I didn't have it this bad before becoming K-active. I LOVE jumping into a really cold pool, though. Maybe that's a key, what you said.

i do ice cold hydrotherapy after a lukewarm shower. try that :) Maybe try switching to nonchemically irritating soaps. i use this kind from india called chandrika and its the best soap ever <3 i use dr bronners SUPER diluted for my hair and some good conditioner(guys using conditioner? :lol: just keeping those auto-dreads at bay)

also, i did the whole not showering very much thing. It taught me much about the cruelty of other people and their standards. The thing about other peoples' standards is that once they smell your BO, it locks onto their mind that you are going to stink all the time and they still tell you that you stink even after you just got out of the shower. You don't have to do things because you are told you should, just do them when it would make you more comfortable to do so

i too love the bodies natural scent, whether it be my own (emotionally comforting) or others' scents (sexually stimulating)

• Like 1

Hello dear ones,

I want to add, that I am aware of how our brain can add blocks to one of our five earthly senses, so that we are not bothered by a certain feeling any longer. That goes for pain, for smell, even for taste. Taste and smell are the most common examples: You over-eat a certain food and suddenly flavor is lost. You enter a place, you smell a certain aroma and then your body adjusts to it, no mather how pleasent you initially felt towards it. That means I know that people who have a bad body odor, mostly never smell themselves. I do and this is because I am always concerned about the wellbeing of my surrounding. So I ask or if I get told I react accordingly to learn from it. I'm a vegan and mostly fruitarian by now and I can tell you, that I love every aroma by body creates. Yes, every vegan and "beyond" knows what I am talking about... when you were raised with a standard diet and used all sorts of beauty products, such as deos and shampoos over the years and suddenly "become" the deo, literally :D

But, really... I prolong every time I think I must take a shower... I caught myself many times in the past, standing in the bathroom and doing other things, many other things before I then finally take a shower. Is it the unpleasent feeling after taking the shower, when the water dries and creates a cold sensation on your skin? In my country its 60:40 more cold:warm during the year. Hmmmm...

Is there a possibly a known blocking in one of my energy centers associated with the water element? How can I increase my motivation to shower?

Kind regards.

you are believing your mind, its content being lazy in regards to getting a shower! question your mind and the thoughts therein - then enJoy a revigorating shower!

Namaste,

gentlewind

This whole discussion has me thinking about goals in general. I love making goals and resolutions, oftentimes very mundane ones. Personally, I love taking showers and will stubbornly remain until the hot water runs out which, let me tell you, is not all that long at all in my apartment. Somehow though I'm ok with skipping my nightly tooth brushing if I'm comfortable in bed so that's on my goal list. My ultimate goal is to become a taoist immortal but I'm working on having clean teeth first.

I find that one of the best ways to figure out the emotional blocks to reaching my goals is to simply do it and pay attention to what the act brings up in me. Sometimes action comes first. Years ago I set myself a goal to meditate for just 10 minutes a day. One day I just wasn't doing it and I couldn't figure out why not. Finally I just told myself that I was going to sit down and plow through those 10 minutes right then and there whether I wanted to or not. Well...I sat down on my cushion and promptly started to cry. I had no idea that would be my reaction! Didn't even know on a conscious level that I was sad. Following through on my resolution in spite of resistance taught me what was in the way.

You just might learn something similar if you stop thinking about why you don't want to shower, checking taobums to see why other people think you might not want to shower, etc. Just drag yourself into the shower, grit your teeth if you have to, and get under the dang water already. The showering itself will teach you what your resistance is all about.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

My ultimate goal is to become a taoist immortal but I'm working on having clean teeth first.

I don't know why, but I love that!! :D

• Like 2

Hello dear ones,

Kind regards.

• Like 4

This whole discussion has me thinking about goals in general. I love making goals and resolutions, oftentimes very mundane ones. Personally, I love taking showers and will stubbornly remain until the hot water runs out which, let me tell you, is not all that long at all in my apartment. Somehow though I'm ok with skipping my nightly tooth brushing if I'm comfortable in bed so that's on my goal list. My ultimate goal is to become a taoist immortal but I'm working on having clean teeth first.

I find that one of the best ways to figure out the emotional blocks to reaching my goals is to simply do it and pay attention to what the act brings up in me. Sometimes action comes first. Years ago I set myself a goal to meditate for just 10 minutes a day. One day I just wasn't doing it and I couldn't figure out why not. Finally I just told myself that I was going to sit down and plow through those 10 minutes right then and there whether I wanted to or not. Well...I sat down on my cushion and promptly started to cry. I had no idea that would be my reaction! Didn't even know on a conscious level that I was sad. Following through on my resolution in spite of resistance taught me what was in the way.

You just might learn something similar if you stop thinking about why you don't want to shower, checking taobums to see why other people think you might not want to shower, etc. Just drag yourself into the shower, grit your teeth if you have to, and get under the dang water already. The showering itself will teach you what your resistance is all about.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Especially with the meditaiton. I'm not looking for other peoples opinion, I was curious about a possible blockage. That's my overall goal, remove all of them. And here I was writing about me not taking a shower and still smell like fresh flowers. And here I am and still havent taken a shower. God, I'm actually entertaining myself by reading what I wrote, which is so mundane for many. Funny moment.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

Good post. I also find the opposite is true, though--rather than drag yourself into the shower, you could just not shower at all. Take it to the extreme. See how long you can go without showering. By the time you do finally break down and jump in, you might find that your aversion to showers (and whatever chakra blockage is associated with that) has dissolved.

• Like 3

I've taken around 20,000 showers eash about 20 minutes, so my loss of time spent on an activity that does not lead to enlightenment is considerable. Showering is one part of a vicious cycle that hinders progress into the celestial realm. Just ask this dude..

http://gyllenespeglingar.vpsite.se/Sri-La-Sri--Mahananda-Siddha.html

Basicly. I guess everyone knows why they use an ash-covering. It's a very good form of hygiene.

When you are "away" for a few days in meditation as a sadhu, your body is not going to shower quick and then sit back down on auto-pilot.