skydog

Understanding the symbolism of my own possibly (magical/shamanic/visionary art)

I make art sometimes and it is nearly all done through intution like spontaneous movement. I randomly pick different symbols sometimes. Although logically I dont know what these symbols mean except for when I decide to google them.

If anyone understands the symbolism would happy to hear ones interpretation of these piece of art.

visionary_art.jpg

8751_302722973174020_461271753_n.jpg

20130428_153130.jpg

• Like 1

well like i said, the symbols are a little difficult to translate because of the raw power you use to craft the art.

it might be a little easier, especially with the pyramid, if you could identify each symbol for me... but i have to express that symbology is more personal than universal. meaning your interpretations of your symbols bear more fruit in a fingernail than everybody other interpretation can bear in the world over, throughout eternity.

The pyramid has many symbolic meanings, some of which pertain to currency, some which pertain to corruption, and some which pertain to the seed of omniversiality (assuming the pyramid is as above so below), whereas the golden orb seems like the sun. or maybe a golden, formless, spirit.

Rainbows in the desert have a very powerful symbol, but im not really.... receptive right now... maybe after noon rolls past.

• Like 1

securedownload-139938.jpg

Had to check my butterfly to remember, sort of similar.

I like it Sinan, I'll tell you what I see, but I'm going to go more on the theme than trying to analyze and make fussy symbol interpretations. Symbols can mean a lot of things, so my brain might interpret them differently than someone else, I think that's why it's art, we can all see something different.

Definitely a power vibe.

Bottom, brilliant young lion man, power and dreams and lust and more power. I wondered if his head and chest spiral going inward or outward, maybe both. King goes wandering. (I see a hockey player dribbling a basketball on the bottom right, pretty sure I am misunderstanding this detail).

Top, I see the pyramid as Egyptian pyramid, pillars seem funerary too, king transcending death, underscored with blood, your rainbow is a bridge. There's my butterflies flying up to them. Butterflies go thru a still point to metamorphosize, still power but subtle transcendent power. Outer sun subtle spirals. You made a painting with rainbows and butterflies, but it's sort of badass too, very cool!

Middle, this one is my favorite. Pensive green eyed man in the natural world, rainbow bridge over darkness to somewhere place else, place of metamorphosis, strong current swooshing down to fear and darkness and pain, but some oppositional movement trending up and powering through too.

• Like 1

:)

Thanks for sharing

nice butterfly btw zanshin

• Like 1

I make art sometimes and it is nearly all done through intution like spontaneous movement. I randomly pick different symbols sometimes. Although logically I dont know what these symbols mean except for when I decide to google them.

If anyone understands the symbolism would happy to hear ones interpretation of these piece of art.

visionary_art.jpg

8751_302722973174020_461271753_n.jpg

20130428_153130.jpg

I want to interpret your work. Do you occasionally create in sets of three? Sinan is a spear or spear tip. Is your familly warrior caste?
  • Like 1

Sinan,

I feel from first picture that there lay something for you in the pyramid symbol and in Sinan. The other symbold may mean something but I dont sense connection to you. You may watch more into egyptian and maybe consult Apech he seem to know much about it.

Hi Friend

Thanks for your comment. Actually I do believe your right. Ive been pronouncing my name in a meek "english" way instead of the proper pronounciation in Turkish which has a lot more power, and others have discussed with me, so Im going to change the way I say my name instead of "si" like (sea) and then nan as in grandmother it is si as in silly) and then nan as is AAAAAAH,

Also the pyramid is true a friend invited me to go to the pyramids in Egypt, even considering getting the costs...the other drawing has pyramids. I will research and ask the almighty apech

Thanks for sharing hope your well.

peace

• Like 1

I want to interpret your work. Do you occasionally create in sets of three? Sinan is a spear or spear tip. Is your familly warrior caste?

Ok go ahead my friend... Nope not really...hmm possibly..will have to consider..like I do a few then pause for a while sometimes.. Ah ok.. well not in this life, but Im pretty sure I have warrior past lives.

Thanks for sharing.

securedownload-139938.jpg

Had to check my butterfly to remember, sort of similar.

I like it Sinan, I'll tell you what I see, but I'm going to go more on the theme than trying to analyze and make fussy symbol interpretations. Symbols can mean a lot of things, so my brain might interpret them differently than someone else, I think that's why it's art, we can all see something different.

Definitely a power vibe.

Bottom, brilliant young lion man, power and dreams and lust and more power. I wondered if his head and chest spiral going inward or outward, maybe both. King goes wandering. (I see a hockey player dribbling a basketball on the bottom right, pretty sure I am misunderstanding this detail).

Top, I see the pyramid as Egyptian pyramid, pillars seem funerary too, king transcending death, underscored with blood, your rainbow is a bridge. There's my butterflies flying up to them. Butterflies go thru a still point to metamorphosize, still power but subtle transcendent power. Outer sun subtle spirals. You made a painting with rainbows and butterflies, but it's sort of badass too, very cool!

Middle, this one is my favorite. Pensive green eyed man in the natural world, rainbow bridge over darkness to somewhere place else, place of metamorphosis, strong current swooshing down to fear and darkness and pain, but some oppositional movement trending up and powering through too.

Already commented, but seeming as you made some questions (sort of) I will further comment. Ok fair enough about the hockey player, it was meant to be a basketball player, but guess thats what it could be too

I like your comments on all of them, but yeh the last one I never thought about before.

Peace

well like i said, the symbols are a little difficult to translate because of the raw power you use to craft the art.

it might be a little easier, especially with the pyramid, if you could identify each symbol for me... but i have to express that symbology is more personal than universal. meaning your interpretations of your symbols bear more fruit in a fingernail than everybody other interpretation can bear in the world over, throughout eternity.

The pyramid has many symbolic meanings, some of which pertain to currency, some which pertain to corruption, and some which pertain to the seed of omniversiality (assuming the pyramid is as above so below), whereas the golden orb seems like the sun. or maybe a golden, formless, spirit.

Rainbows in the desert have a very powerful symbol, but im not really.... receptive right now... maybe after noon rolls past.

Hi fair enough, thanks for your observations, it is interesting to hear everyone makes different observations. The first one is golden orb, pyramid, butterflies, rainbow, pink stars, fireplace, pillar, sun I guess. I think the different colours strengthen certain energies or add a frequency to an energy in me. I was doing healing using art, yesterday. My heart was feeling kinda crazy decided to draw/colour all my problems/what I needed to do/limiting ideas on paper. Instantly made me feel better, even tears came out of my eyes. Dont know much about that but had the urge to teach myself.

Peace

the lion man is powerful.but he doesnt have legs.the eagle doesnot have wings.is the light circle a protection or a trap?

http://postimg.org/image/r1ljgh8rf/

golden orb shining unto the pyramid might have to do with currency in the united states and "E Pluribus Unum" shedding light on the unity of the seed of omniversiality (pyramid).

butterflies, that frightening feeling in your stomach when you know you have to act, but know not what action to take.

rainbow, a promise of fairer weather in the future.

pink stars are symbolic and represent something along the lines of innocence and spirituality... im not certain.

fireplace... fireplace... fireplace... i see the place where there is fire, but it does not strike me as a fireplace so much as burning ruins... if "fireplace" was intended, then it is a false contrary symbol - meaning the opposite of the symbol that is "fireplace". and. im not sure really what a fireplace can symbolize... too many things actually. but in contrast to the REST of the picture, and the fact your fireplace looks like a firepit, i would deduce that it is to hold the elite responsible for their boxed in ways of life (brick fire place in a home) stealing the open and free ways of life (fire pits). so the contrary fireplace, in this picture, is a reestablishment of tribal lifeways replacing "class" lifeways. or so i hope :lol:

The pillars holding up the rainbow represent truths and the upholding of the word of truth.

sun is the first avatar of god to those of us on earth.

And now for an omniversal "taint".

A brown splattermark with no symbolic intent has depicted Fire Eyes Demonic Shaman of Murder Mountain's inside out corpse resting on the earth it once orbited. (inside joke, but with serious overtones)

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant
  • Like 1

the lion man is powerful.but he doesnt have legs.the eagle doesnot have wings.is the light circle a protection or a trap?

Interesting thoughts, many thanks

Tell Apech with PM where you are going he will up something in his sleeve to look out.

So you should take the invitation to the pyramide- it will give you special insight and answers after that we look again on your symbols.

Yes, thanks

http://postimg.org/image/r1ljgh8rf/

golden orb shining unto the pyramid might have to do with currency in the united states and "E Pluribus Unum" shedding light on the unity of the seed of omniversiality (pyramid).

butterflies, that frightening feeling in your stomach when you know you have to act, but know not what action to take.

rainbow, a promise of fairer weather in the future.

pink stars are symbolic and represent something along the lines of innocence and spirituality... im not certain.

fireplace... fireplace... fireplace... i see the place where there is fire, but it does not strike me as a fireplace so much as burning ruins... if "fireplace" was intended, then it is a false contrary symbol - meaning the opposite of the symbol that is "fireplace". and. im not sure really what a fireplace can symbolize... too many things actually. but in contrast to the REST of the picture, and the fact your fireplace looks like a firepit, i would deduce that it is to hold the elite responsible for their boxed in ways of life (brick fire place in a home) stealing the open and free ways of life (fire pits). so the contrary fireplace, in this picture, is a reestablishment of tribal lifeways replacing "class" lifeways. or so i hope :lol:

The pillars holding up the rainbow represent truths and the upholding of the word of truth.

sun is the first avatar of god to those of us on earth.

And now for an omniversal "taint".

A brown splattermark with no symbolic intent has depicted Fire Eyes Demonic Shaman of Murder Mountain's inside out corpse resting on the earth it once orbited. (inside joke, but with serious overtones)

Interesting to hear your view