Sign in to follow this  
soaring crane

Anybody up for a full-moon fast?

Hi,

I'll be doing my yearly spring cleaning from the full moon to the new moon, Mar 3-18 and just thought I'd ask if anyone here has interest in joining me. A discussion of fasting techniques, experiences and tips would be good, too.

:)

I'll be doing my yearly spring cleaning from the full moon to the new moon, Mar 3-18 and just thought I'd ask if anyone here has interest in joining me. A discussion of fasting techniques, experiences and tips would be good, too. :)

What kind of fast do you do. Juice? Fruit? Pizza? :lol:

Presently we do a 3 day once a month water fast.

O, I worked out my routine pretty well last year. Before that I just did water and tea and not very well structured. I'm sure I did myself more damage than good.

Now, I'll be taking in small amounts of protein in the form of various legumes and soy milk at breakfast time, and drinking blood-cleansing tea and a few plant extracts including Dandelion. Dandelion is liver-cleansing (if I remember correctly from last year) and there are other extracts for other organs, I have to go to the store and see which ones I'm going to use.

I'll start three days before with a little protein loading, fish, and cutting out carbs. On the evening before, I'll do a series of enemas or maybe use laxatives to clean out as well as possible. And do the same thing in the morning of the first day of the fast.

The protein is to halt the muscle loss.

I do it from the full to the new moon. Afterwards, I'll increase my protein intake and add some carbs. and ween myself off the tea and extracts.

It's obviously a time for reflection and meditation but also a time for activity, for me. The other mistake I used to make was thinking that I couldn't fast and just live my normal life at the same time.

We have a really excellent source for assistance in this kind of thing here in Germany. It's called the "Reform Haus" and I hesitate to call it a "Health Food Store" but that's the only term I know that comes close. The people are very, very well trained and they have products of only the highest quality. Their products come with a high price but considering how little I need, I can afford the best once a year :)

Are you in?

Edited by soaring crane

I haven't done a spring cleaning fast in years. I'd usually just do 4 to 6 days and follow Daniel Reids book 'The tao of health sex and longevity'. Which was distilled water with fresh lemon, later on a bit of maple syrup. He also had you on psylliium seed (metamucil) and volcanic ash for additional inner cleaning and hunger control.

Doesn't feel much like spring here Chicago, snow yesterday, snow tomorrow. Keep me informed of your experience, I'll do a fast later when it warms up.

The use of protein makes sense, unless it de-triggers the cleansing mechanisms that fasting is supposed to use.

Michael

Are you in?

Sorry but our 3-4 day water fasts are enough for us.

Too much food for a fast IMHO

Also I lose too much weight when fasting - although it comes back

fairly easily without eating too much.

Too much food for a fast IMHO

I may have made it sound like a lot but the things I take in are in tiny quantities, except the tea maybe. I also lose flesh very, very quickly, and really don't have much to lose to begin with, which is another reason I won't do an absolutely strict fast for 17 days. In my post I also didn't mention that the first three or four days actually are strict. It's just water and tea.

On the fourth day, my energy should change and I'll shift into high gear. It's actually a very Yang experience for me. Light and awake. On about the tenth day, things will slow down and depending on how I'm doing I may stop sometime before the planned end, with no guilty feelings, lol. That's something else I had to work out.

For intestinal cleansing we have something called "glaubersalz", it's a salt but I don't know what it is in english. It works, that's for sure!

Ooops... I forgot that it's not much like Spring in some places. Here, winter never really came and the cherry trees are already pushing out buds.

I haven't done a spring cleaning fast in years. I'd usually just do 4 to 6 days and follow Daniel Reids

book 'The tao of health sex and longevity'. Which was distilled water with fresh lemon, later on a bit of maple

syrup. He also had you on psylliium seed (metamucil) and volcanic ash for additional inner cleaning and

hunger control.

Daniel Reid's Tao of Detox is another great text! I also recommend the revolutionary writings

of (the German nutritionist) Arnold Ehret; especially his Mucusless-Diet Healing System and

Rational Fasting books. A few excerpts from The Mucusless-Diet can be found online at the

link below:-

1 - The Proper Study of Mankind

http://www.arnoldehret.org/catalog/wrapper...n_spiritual.php

2 - Mucusless-Diet Healing System

http://www.arnoldehret.org/catalog/wrapper...le=mucdiet1.php

3 - Rational Fasting - the Preface

http://www.arnoldehret.org/catalog/wrapper...ting_hirsch.php

4 - Rational Fasting - the Introduction

http://www.arnoldehret.org/catalog/wrapper...ler_fasting.php

Ehret was a man "way ahead of his times," literally speaking, and well worth a careful perusal!!

Spring is supposed to arrive early this year, but you'd never know it by the extended weather forecast here.

Nevertheless, a good cleanse exerts a strong attraction over me right now, so it looks like I'm in for the ride.

B)

You may have given up your Celtic quest but it sounds like you havent totally given up the beliefs. As is tradition with the rebirth inheirnt in spring I too will kill part of my self only to have it reborn by fasting over the period of the full moon when Morrigans power comes strongest. I will be fasting for 3-4 days or until the full moon is gone and I will conduct multiple rituals such as reaffirmation of my quest and a rededication of my soul to Morrigan. So I will be joining you for the first part of your trial. I wish you luck in your fast and hope that you feel reborn at its end.

Sign in to follow this