voidisyinyang

Training like it's for the Olympics: Qigong Master Jim Nance visits my man-cave -- in spirit.

So I go - o.k. that sounds like the different levels of samadhi. I was thinking of how it's described in Patanjali's Yoga Sutra but I didn't reference the book. I said - so you actually become the chair. Qigong master Jim Nance then said: I can become all the chairs in this room. I said -- so your awareness -- your being actually expands. Who you are. He said yes. At this point it started to really sink in that this is the Emptiness formless awareness -- the God consciousness -- in action.

Nice!

I shared how I had this telepathy experience and qigong master Jim Nance said that I would be amazed at how those experiences would be more common and even become the norm. Qigong master Jim Nance said that there could be a building in the room as high as the IDS tower (our local sky scraper) - that this building could just appear during meditation so that you would not even be able to see the other wall in the room. I said - so is it like spirit travel? He said - I wouldn't even try to name it. He said - just be aware of the experience and appreciate it to see how it develops.

Hahah. Cool! This tends to happen to me a lot in my sleep. Random visions at times. Telepathic moments. I will literally get visions of text messages on my cell phone from people seeking to talk to me or I will see some one's photo in my mind's eye as if it was a skype call or something. hahaa. Very cool stuff!

I asked qigong master Jim Nance if he had healed other people while he had been talking to me. He said he had. I asked qigong master Jim Nance if he can hear people call his name. He said that he tries not to listen anymore but that sometimes he is aware of this. I asked qigong master Jim Nance then if people call on his energy so then he sends them energy? He said that sometimes he is aware of this but that otherwise his energy just gets sent - like a formula. Qigong master Jim Nance said how sometimes when people call on his energy then his energy goes to combine with their energy but neither of them is aware this is happening.

Yea. This can be annoying if you practice any energy work with shady people in the past.

So now I had the proof!! The qigong masters really could see inside my room!! But I wanted to make sure so I said to qigong master Jim Nance -- I said - not that I need proof but can you see my family members? He said that would be an intrusion into their privacy.

Hahaha. Bio-location! Amazing!

Thanks for posting drew! Very cool stuff! I wish I could meet this man. He could probably teach me a lot.

• Like 1

Very interesting. I was thinking about some of the fasting and fasting-ish comments interesting. My Spleen is too weak at the moment to fast much but I have gone down to two small meals a day and I've noticed that this really helps my practice. If I eat too little I'm too weak to be of much use and if I eat too much I just feel sluggish and slow. That part about the skyscraper made me decide to share something from yesterday that I had originally been hesitant to. So I was doing a two hour session of Samatha with reverse abdominal breathing. Towards the end of my meditation a thunderstorm started outside. The flashes of lightning and thunder draw my attention to the storm outside. My mind was observing the storm for a few moments as I continued to meditate. Now maybe I'm just going nuts, but I could have sworn that I was aware of these two .... um .... beings/creatures running to and fro in the clouds and I got the impression they were storm devas or something like that. They seemed to have this sort of smirk on their face as they ran back and forth in the clouds doing something (I'm not sure exactly what) and seemed to be having a good time doing it.

*oh also Cayenne pepper from a TCM point of view is good for your heart since its red and good for your lungs since is pungent. Only thing to be careful of if eating a lot of it is that since its very yang you need to make sure it does not burn up all your yin. Eating seafood or berries and cool veggies is a good way to offset that.

Edited by dmattwads

.... 'I tried not to shiver or be too overwhelmed by his physical strength - but I said - well yes I mean muscles are like stored electromagnetic energy. Qigong master Jim Nance said yes how important it was to be strong for this healing. '

This is what I have been finding out too , although I have never really had a real interest in fittness in past and have never even been to gym in my life .

Being physically more active (on top of daily spiritual practise ) and training like running and capoeira is like a true elixir , actually very blissfull and opening me up to a new level .

Not some insane hard core workouts , just upping physical potential very organically - making feel more able and comfortable within skin , like a smooth running veichle .

There was a debate about loosing chi and physical excersise on TTB few years back , but it is not necessary so for everyone . Or -- comments anyone ?

Edited by suninmyeyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqKeB_bROjE&feature=youtu.be

There's the bonus finale of the video - I am still editing the rest as I first saved the whole upload after formatting it - takes a while.

Yeah I finally figured out the smell issue - I had ate these onions that had gone bad -- a few days ago. haha. I'm so bad! haha. There were some onions in the frig that had been cut up and I cooked them in with rice and peas and then I had that in the frig again for too long. I just added some vinegar and ate it anyway since my standards for food are low.

So anyway when I finally went to sleep last night maybe 3 or 4 a.m. first I meditated in full lotus and the energy was very strong -- like I really felt like qigong master Jim Nance was in my room again! And why not? haha.

So then I was dreaming about food quality and then i cud smell myself and i remebered haha. got baby now so typing one finger

• Like 1

.... 'I tried not to shiver or be too overwhelmed by his physical strength - but I said - well yes I mean muscles are like stored electromagnetic energy. Qigong master Jim Nance said yes how important it was to be strong for this healing. '

This is what I have been finding out too , although I have never really had a real interest in fittness in past and have never even been to gym in my life .

Being physically more active (on top of daily spiritual practise ) and training like running and capoeira is like a true elixir , actually very blissfull and opening me up to a new level .

Not some insane hard core workouts , just upping physical potential very organically - making feel more able and comfortable within skin , like a smooth running veichle .

There was a debate about loosing chi and physical excersise on TTB few years back , but it is not necessary so for everyone . Or -- comments anyone ?

Yes this is something I have been re-pondering lately too. When I started off I was doing a lot of qigong exercises along with the qigong meditation plus doing hard core martial arts training all the time (which gave me really good muscle definition). It made sitting in meditation easier, and my qi was high. I went to my acupuncturist in Alaska at the time I was doing this and the first time he did my pulse diagnosis he looked up at me and said "wow you have a lot of qi!" lol.

Fast forward a couple years and I get to Austin for TCM school and spend the first year of that with this psycho gf who drains the life force out of me, and then after that because I'm so drained and since my practice takes a more Buddhist tone which emphasizes the body much less than qigong they physical part declined which made tasks like meditation actually more difficult and day to day stuff like going to school more difficult as well.

So just very recently I've begun to pick up the qigong side of things again and am already beginning to feel better, and its making meditation easier and helping me school as well.

• Like 1

Interesting article Drew, could you ask Jim next time how does he train to sit in full lotus for so long? How long does it take him to be able to sit for 6 hrs straight?

Oh yeah Jim Nance's initial full lotus training is the subject of the first qi-talk I videod -- it's on the forum.

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2013/04/on-longing-spring-forest-qigong-master.html

Yeah I linked it on youtube vid description also since I transcribed that talk -- but that is also the vid link for it.

Essentially he underwent some severe pain to get into full lotus kind of like Wang Liping because qigong master Chunyi Lin then supervised it - Jim would call Chunyi Lin and anyway....

so he was meditating 6 to 12 hours a day - he quit his job and he trained full time like it was for the Olympics! haha.

that was in 1995 and he was declared a qigong master ten years later - but it took him a few years just to initially get into full lotus - maybe a couple I think.

Yes this is something I have been re-pondering lately too. When I started off I was doing a lot of qigong exercises along with the qigong meditation plus doing hard core martial arts training all the time (which gave me really good muscle definition). It made sitting in meditation easier, and my qi was high. I went to my acupuncturist in Alaska at the time I was doing this and the first time he did my pulse diagnosis he looked up at me and said "wow you have a lot of qi!" lol.

Fast forward a couple years and I get to Austin for TCM school and spend the first year of that with this psycho gf who drains the life force out of me, and then after that because I'm so drained and since my practice takes a more Buddhist tone which emphasizes the body much less than qigong they physical part declined which made tasks like meditation actually more difficult and day to day stuff like going to school more difficult as well.

So just very recently I've begun to pick up the qigong side of things again and am already beginning to feel better, and its making meditation easier and helping me school as well.

Yes , it does make sitting in meditation easier/more efortless and deeper , plus to add it makes normal daily tasks easier to accomplish , becouse of feeling more fresh and invigorating .

Well , for me personally this has been a missing link in life and spiritual practise .

Anyaway , you go dmattwads reclaim your strenght !

Another thought -- Buddhist qigong . Teacher I learned/learning qigong was Buddhist and his emphasis were on physical as well ..

Oh yeah Jim Nance's initial full lotus training is the subject of the first qi-talk I videod -- it's on the forum.

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2013/04/on-longing-spring-forest-qigong-master.html

Yeah I linked it on youtube vid description also since I transcribed that talk -- but that is also the vid link for it.

that was in 1995 and he was declared a qigong master ten years later - but it took him a few years just to initially get into full lotus - maybe a couple I think.

Hey Drew, I don't mean getting into lotus. My question is once you got into lotus, how does he train to increase the duration of the meditation.

To objectify Chunyi Lin and Jim Nance as if they are supermen, then all who follow their teachings will never go beyond what those two have achieved. I don't doubt what their realizations are but this hero worship becomes another model or paradigm which in this work one must break the existing model/mold and go beyond. To objectify, reduce, deconstruct to small elements that are quantified as objects (it, isness, separateness, out there) will invariably impede one's quest. The use of pronouns by which we all relate to each other and the external would be an excellent place to begin an understanding of the relationships which I mentioned.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

By repeatedly stating "emptiness formless awareness" creates a disassociation or 'itness' from each other and our environment. Possibly an 'infantile oceanic state' as Freud states or Jung's 'divine realizations which are errors given the objectified nature of such experiences.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting Drew. SFQ has been my jam for the last year or so, but I only practice once or twice a week. I get really good vibes about these two guys though.

Is anyone practicing SFQ regularly and feeling results? For some reason I have a hard time keeping my mind still while doing the standing exercises.

By repeatedly referring to phenomena as 'emptiness' one creates a defense against the depth or full experience of phenomena. 'Emptiness' seems to be a way to deal with the surface structure as opposed to the greater depth experience.

• Like 1

Yes , it does make sitting in meditation easier/more efortless and deeper , plus to add it makes normal daily tasks easier to accomplish , becouse of feeling more fresh and invigorating .

Well , for me personally this has been a missing link in life and spiritual practise .

Anyaway , you go dmattwads reclaim your strenght !

Another thought -- Buddhist qigong . Teacher I learned/learning qigong was Buddhist and his emphasis were on physical as well ..

Thanks Sun

Funny you should mention that as when I began to re-evaluate Brodi's take on things I pondered Shaolin which is a classic example of Buddhists incoorpererating qigong into their practice!

Part of me thinks Brodi may have had an over or anti reaction to the yoga crowd who get into it for fitness but only do asana and don't meditate and therefore have very limited spiritual progress, not saying that all yoga people are that way, but the pop/trendy yoga movement.

Yes, asanas should be balanced with meditation to really integrate consciousness Asanas alone can help open energy channels leading to emotional and physical wellbeing, and a higher sense of physical self. Most yoga studios I have been to have a very watered down version of spirituality, because they need the fitness crowd to maintain business.

Some people are over-sensitive to cultural misappropriation. Yoga=Hinduism. But now it also means a lot of things to a lot of people.

Thanks for posting Drew. SFQ has been my jam for the last year or so, but I only practice once or twice a week. I get really good vibes about these two guys though.

Is anyone practicing SFQ regularly and feeling results? For some reason I have a hard time keeping my mind still while doing the standing exercises.

I practise SFQ regularly and the benefits are very tangible. I'm healing a chronic injury with it, I feel calmer, more creative, and have increased energy. I did the hundred days in a row a few months back and that was great. Somehow I've been less disciplined lately which has been frustrating me.. but I am convinced that SFQ will be in my life for a long time. It's hard for me to keep my mind still too, don't be hard on yourself about it just enjoy the exercises.

Chunyi Lin advises that you smile when practising. And I think that this is very helpful - it seems to have a strong influence on the quality of your training. Times when I have really smiled, slowed down and enjoyed the movements.. they have been the most powerful.

• Like 3

Hey Drew, I don't mean getting into lotus. My question is once you got into lotus, how does he train to increase the duration of the meditation.

Well I know qigong master Jim Nance at first was doing standing active exercise. But he quotes qigong master Chunyi Lin who emphasizes to keep purifying and purifying your energy.

So Qigong master Jim Nance was meditating at least 6 hours a day but also he was working for qigong master Chunyi Lin as his teaching assistant - this meant he spent hours with qigong master Chunyi Lin every week - driving to classes on road trips or helping teaching the classes and also the guild meetings on the weekends.

So then qigong master Jim nance actually was living out of his car and he was training at friend's houses - I asked him about where he did his standing active exercise? He said he would do it after class in the building where they taught the class at the community college or he would go to a friend's house for a few hours.

Qigong master Jim Nance was also working as a painter to get money and also couch surfing at friend's houses during the winter - as Minnesota gets super cold.

Finally he did long meditation at the Spring Forest Qigong Center when it was at a previous location back in the first have of the 2000 decade.

Yeah so as Chunyi Lin says when starting out to first do a three to one ratio of standing active exercise to sitting passive meditation. So the standing active then builds up the jing and when that is built up then the chi energy builds up and when the chi energy builds up your channels open up and you can sit in full lotus without pain, in bliss.

I got to that stage when I did my initial training in 2000 but then the energy increased so fast and got so powerful I would have needed personal supervision to keep training. Qigong master Chunyi Lin said I should have called him on the phone - I just didn't feel like I could intrude as he was healing out of his house and also I didn't have any money to pay him so I didn't want to impose on him. But yeah I got to two hours nonstop full lotus with no pain and I'm sure I could have taken it further quite easily just that the astral travel spacetime vortex kicked in among other things like telepathy, telekinesis, seeing spirits, etc.

But for example one thing I did in full lotus was I just used the sword fingers to point at my feet when I had pain and so I would just shoot chi at my feet and the pain would go away instantly. haha. So when the body fills up with chi energy then you become supple again and can sit for long hours.

Anyway so qigong master Jim Nance relied on qigong master Chunyi Lin's personal supervision for energy transmission, etc. but of course qigong master Jim Nance was actually already very strong in his training from his youth.

Yeah anyway qigong master Jim Nance was a teacher and counselor for 34 years or 35 years in the public school system. They were going to make him an administrator down town but he quit his job so he could train solely on qigong with qigong master Chunyi Lin. Qigong master Jim Nance had done similarly with kungfu when he was 18 and 19 years old in Philadelphia - he trained 10 hours a day and also he taught kungfu and so that was when a Chinese master visited his school, as Jim Nance sparring and how Jim Nance was trying to hide his sobbing after he won. Jim Nance would always win and always see the opponent moving in super slow motion - so Jim nance could plan attack and counterattacks but as he planned this in his vision mind he also felt the pain that he would be giving to the other person. So when he won he also felt the pain he had done to the other person and so he would hide his head in a towel right after winning - as if he was wiping his sweat off. haha. But the Chinese kungfu master saw this and he told Jim nance he had to stop doing kungfu and instead he had to train in internal martial arts as qigong or Aikido. Jim Nance could not find a master of qigong in the 1960s in the U.S. nor could he find an Aikido teacher but he did stop his kungfu training even though that had been his life and he was very close with his fellow kungfu brothers.

Anyway so then Jim Nance studied shamanism with an AFrican-American healer in Cambridge Massachusetts and that was after Jim Nance was a professional basketball player in Europe but he got injured. So then Jim Nance moved to Minneapolis in 1978 because of a Zen master who lived in Minneapolis -- because the focus of Jim Nance was already on spiritual training. So then finally he was about to move to Arizona but then he met qigong master Chunyi Lin in 1994 or 1995 - and so he stayed with Chunyi Lin -- he said that once they even turned up at the same parking lot in a huge mall - both trying to park in the same parking spot at the same time! I mean they didn't plan it at all but that is how close their energy had bonded since Jim Nance like in his kungfu training he knew to just "follow the teacher" as close as possible if he wanted to be a qigong master. So Chunyi Lin had immediately healed Jim Nance of his basketball injuries which JIm Nance had spent years hoping to heal and to get back to be a professional player - but when Chunyi Lin healed the pain by 80% in just one sitting - then Jim Nance said he had to learn to do with Chunyi Lin was doing.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 2

To objectify Chunyi Lin and Jim Nance as if they are supermen, then all who follow their teachings will never go beyond what those two have achieved. I don't doubt what their realizations are but this hero worship becomes another model or paradigm which in this work one must break the existing model/mold and go beyond. To objectify, reduce, deconstruct to small elements that are quantified as objects (it, isness, separateness, out there) will invariably impede one's quest. The use of pronouns by which we all relate to each other and the external would be an excellent place to begin an understanding of the relationships which I mentioned.

yeah good points Ralis - from your criticism I was inspired to add more details to my blogpost. thanks.

Yes, asanas should be balanced with meditation to really integrate consciousness Asanas alone can help open energy channels leading to emotional and physical wellbeing, and a higher sense of physical self. Most yoga studios I have been to have a very watered down version of spirituality, because they need the fitness crowd to maintain business.

Some people are over-sensitive to cultural misappropriation. Yoga=Hinduism. But now it also means a lot of things to a lot of people.

Maybe some traditional Yogis feel culturaly insulted/ripped off about the disco version of Yoga available these days ...

Yoga is traditionally a branch of Indian philosphy .

What is practised today in most places is not Yoga , but it is called Yoga :D . It has elements of Yoga - a metamorphosised version for better or worst depending on people involved .

Anyaway , yes asanas do rock !

Just adding some thoughts ..

• Like 1

Another thing - qigong master Jim Nance said in his guild talk that he had gotten rid of his television since watching t.v. was just bad for his qigong training. Maybe that was when he was living in his car - but I mentioned to him how our qigong friend said that Jim likes to watch the food network. Actually qigong master Jim Nance then told me how he was healing another person I met - a friend of my qigong friend - so he was talking to her once a week to do healing on her and she liked to watch the cooking shows and so Jim was also watching the cooking shows with her as he liked that also. By the way - this friend has recovered her life - it took a couple years of healing by qigong master Jim Nance - but he was very happy that now she was feeling so much better.

So then qigong master Jim Nance said that when he gets home from healing work at the Spring Forest Qigong Center then maybe he watches an hour of t.v. with his dinner - usually a game show like Family Feud and then he likes to watch Leave It To Beaver. So we can see that the television that qigong master does watch is very - very ummm... lite viewing - food show, game show and a 1950s drama. Pretty innocent stuff and I know qigong master Jim Nance previously said he had stopped watching certain kinds of movies and television and so we can get an idea of what he now considers appropriate.

But when we were preparing for the meditation - qigong master Jim Nance was differentiating the "watcher" from our awareness. And so with the watcher we made an image of a green apple in our minds but then we moved our awareness away from the watcher - and so the awareness the changed how we "saw" the apple in our minds. So someone had asked if this was -- if the Watcher was the same as the "observer" and qigong master Jim Nance said yes. So my take on this is that the Watcher or Observer is "consciousness" - our spirit vision energy -- but the awareness is Being or Emptiness - what I previously called female formless awareness. So this meditation exercise and then what qigong master Jim Nance later told me about his ability to feel the chair and become not just one chair - but become all the chairs in the room - this, for me, really clarified what this formless awareness as Being really was. Before I had been thinking of it as an impersonal spacetime but I knew that wasn't quite right - and now I know it really is this impersonal knowingness -- our essence that is impersonal - it seems to me this is the Soul awareness. Of course philosophers debate the differences between the various viewpoints - Soul or Emptiness, etc. but the importance for me is to hear is explained, in real time, as it is being experienced.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

Maybe some traditional Yogis feel culturaly insulted/ripped off about the disco version of Yoga available these days ...

Yoga is traditionally a branch of Indian philosphy .

What is practised today in most places is not Yoga , but it is called Yoga :D . It has elements of Yoga - a metamorphosised version for better or worst depending on people involved .

Anyaway , yes asanas do rock !

Just adding some thoughts ..

Yea I think part of my issue was that I misunderstood Brodi at the time, well I half misunderstood and half did not. At one point I thought he had said that asana was really no good, but he did not say that. What he said was that asana was good for your health and opening your qi mai (channels) to a point, but that to make any deep progress you had to meditate and asana alone would not get you there. That I can jive with as I've never heard of anyone becoming enlightened through asana alone (though if there were a true case of that I'd think it would be way cool and likely would want to become that persons disciple lol).

The part of what Brodi said that I did understand correctly (I think) but am not so sure I agree with is that meditations that involve the body or form like MCO, chakras, meridians, ect. are discouraged. I guess he is afraid that such body or form based meditations will lead to clinging to the body or form which I suppose is a possibility, and I have seen many people use form based meditation and practices to actually strengthen their ego and desires, but after getting back into these types of practices I can also see how the can be great facilitators for other types of formlessness meditations.

Edited by dmattwads

Well I know qigong master Jim Nance at first was doing standing active exercise. But he quotes qigong master Chunyi Lin who emphasizes to keep purifying and purifying your energy.

So Qigong master Jim Nance was meditating at least 6 hours a day but also he was working for qigong master Chunyi Lin as his teaching assistant - this meant he spent hours with qigong master Chunyi Lin every week - driving to classes on road trips or helping teaching the classes and also the guild meetings on the weekends.

So then qigong master Jim nance actually was living out of his car and he was training at friend's houses - I asked him about where he did his standing active exercise? He said he would do it after class in the building where they taught the class at the community college or he would go to a friend's house for a few hours.

Qigong master Jim Nance was also working as a painter to get money and also couch surfing at friend's houses during the winter - as Minnesota gets super cold.

Finally he did long meditation at the Spring Forest Qigong Center when it was at a previous location back in the first have of the 2000 decade.

Yeah so as Chunyi Lin says when starting out to first do a three to one ratio of standing active exercise to sitting passive meditation. So the standing active then builds up the jing and when that is built up then the chi energy builds up and when the chi energy builds up your channels open up and you can sit in full lotus without pain, in bliss.

I got to that stage when I did my initial training in 2000 but then the energy increased so fast and got so powerful I would have needed personal supervision to keep training. Qigong master Chunyi Lin said I should have called him on the phone - I just didn't feel like I could intrude as he was healing out of his house and also I didn't have any money to pay him so I didn't want to impose on him. But yeah I got to two hours nonstop full lotus with no pain and I'm sure I could have taken it further quite easily just that the astral travel spacetime vortex kicked in among other things like telepathy, telekinesis, seeing spirits, etc.

But for example one thing I did in full lotus was I just used the sword fingers to point at my feet when I had pain and so I would just shoot chi at my feet and the pain would go away instantly. haha. So when the body fills up with chi energy then you become supple again and can sit for long hours.

Anyway so qigong master Jim Nance relied on qigong master Chunyi Lin's personal supervision for energy transmission, etc. but of course qigong master Jim Nance was actually already very strong in his training from his youth.

Yeah anyway qigong master Jim Nance was a teacher and counselor for 34 years or 35 years in the public school system. They were going to make him an administrator down town but he quit his job so he could train solely on qigong with qigong master Chunyi Lin. Qigong master Jim Nance had done similarly with kungfu when he was 18 and 19 years old in Philadelphia - he trained 10 hours a day and also he taught kungfu and so that was when a Chinese master visited his school, as Jim Nance sparring and how Jim Nance was trying to hide his sobbing after he won. Jim Nance would always win and always see the opponent moving in super slow motion - so Jim nance could plan attack and counterattacks but as he planned this in his vision mind he also felt the pain that he would be giving to the other person. So when he won he also felt the pain he had done to the other person and so he would hide his head in a towel right after winning - as if he was wiping his sweat off. haha. But the Chinese kungfu master saw this and he told Jim nance he had to stop doing kungfu and instead he had to train in internal martial arts as qigong or Aikido. Jim Nance could not find a master of qigong in the 1960s in the U.S. nor could he find an Aikido teacher but he did stop his kungfu training even though that had been his life and he was very close with his fellow kungfu brothers.

Anyway so then Jim Nance studied shamanism with an AFrican-American healer in Cambridge Massachusetts and that was after Jim Nance was a professional basketball player in Europe but he got injured. So then Jim Nance moved to Minneapolis in 1978 because of a Zen master who lived in Minneapolis -- because the focus of Jim Nance was already on spiritual training. So then finally he was about to move to Arizona but then he met qigong master Chunyi Lin in 1994 or 1995 - and so he stayed with Chunyi Lin -- he said that once they even turned up at the same parking lot in a huge mall - both trying to park in the same parking spot at the same time! I mean they didn't plan it at all but that is how close their energy had bonded since Jim Nance like in his kungfu training he knew to just "follow the teacher" as close as possible if he wanted to be a qigong master. So Chunyi Lin had immediately healed Jim Nance of his basketball injuries which JIm Nance had spent years hoping to heal and to get back to be a professional player - but when Chunyi Lin healed the pain by 80% in just one sitting - then Jim Nance said he had to learn to do with Chunyi Lin was doing.

I bet it was super hard for him to give up Kung-fu considering how good he was at it and how much a part of his life it was. I felt a sense of loss just reading about that lol.

I bet it was super hard for him to give up Kung-fu considering how good he was at it and how much a part of his life it was. I felt a sense of loss just reading about that lol.

yeah definitely but he also said that he used kungfu to help him also train in basketball and so he was such a good "street player" in basketball in Philly that he was then recruited into the pros. He was about to go pro in the U.S. from his pro team in Europe but then he got injured...... and anyway when I finish uploading his Qi-talk he goes more into why he really like Athletics and what it was about it that he was trying to recreate - and how that was related to qigong..........