Sign in to follow this  
Maddie

Gods and Goddesses

I really did use google and try to find a pre-existing forum about this, I swear lol.

So here is my question. So there is the god realm, and then there are the gods and goddesses that human beings have worshiped for ages. What I want to know is how many of the gods and goddesses that are worshiped on earth and we have statues and myths of are actually representatives of the real gods in the actual god realm?

I'm sure that a lot of gods worshiped on the earth are just anthropological and/or animistic human creations to explain things, or for other human/ethnocentric purposes.

I also imagine that there had to be some type of exchange between ancient human beings (probably through a skilled shaman) and the beings actually inhabiting the god realm.

So does anyone know of any good way to distinguish this?

Hahaha. Wait for your third eye to open and you will 'SEE'.

I'm working on that, but in the mean time ..... lol.

I have noticed something interesting though. The Greek mythological creation cosmology bears a striking resemblance to Taoist cosmology.

Taoist: Tao - Wuji (emptiness) Taiji or Yin and Yang (2 polarity of opposites) Three treasures (jing, qi, shen) five elements - bagua (8) - and 10,000 things

Greek: Chaos (emptiness) Erebus and Gaea - Three Cyclopes Three Hecatoncheires - the Titans - the Olympic gods - and then all sorts of stuff.

Because of the ancient astronaut theory, For millions of years aliens have been coming to earth and influencing our species. Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore.

This existence is just really screwed up and wacky, We live in a world of Gods and goddesses, Pirates and ninjas, Cheeseburgers and apple pie, etc.

Hell, We could be al these things at once.

Because of the ancient astronaut theory, For millions of years aliens have been coming to earth and influencing our species. Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore.

This existence is just really screwed up and wacky, We live in a world of Gods and goddesses, Pirates and ninjas, Cheeseburgers and apple pie, etc.

Hell, We could be al these things at once.

*spoiler alert for Battle Star Galactica

Well that is another possibility though the god realm I was speaking of was the one that the Buddha mentioned. But yea I guess that is something else to factor in. Not too long ago I finished watching Battle Star Galactica and you know the whole time I'm thinking that as they are on their way to earth its either around our time or some point in the future. Well you get to the last episode and you find out that this all happened 150,000 years ago and according to the BSG world there were other humans that came from space and intermingled with local primitive humans. I was thinking about that for weeks afterwards lol.

*spoiler alert for Battle Star Galactica

Well that is another possibility though the god realm I was speaking of was the one that the Buddha mentioned. But yea I guess that is something else to factor in. Not too long ago I finished watching Battle Star Galactica and you know the whole time I'm thinking that as they are on their way to earth its either around our time or some point in the future. Well you get to the last episode and you find out that this all happened 150,000 years ago and according to the BSG world there were other humans that came from space and intermingled with local primitive humans. I was thinking about that for weeks afterwards lol.

That'd be awesome, It's thing like that are the reason why I one day, Will travel through space in a ship that I will have. Not sure how I'll do it but I have to.

Weren't These gods aliens?

They were in Star Trek.

Seriously, we might seem like gods to people 1,000 or 10,000 years ago. Certainly our tech would. In a world of god and goddesses, powers would mean nothing since every one had them. It'd be 'Hey Zeus you bum, take out the garbage.'

I have seen some make the distinction between human Gods and alien

The alien being Yahweh

Who has attempted to destroy all knowledge/ connection to our gods and ancient traditions... across the globe.

The alien religions are about saviours / messiah etc and giving up ones personal power... all that worship is feeding alien consciousness.

The human ones are empowering... heroic journeys (inner) etc

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

I really did use google and try to find a pre-existing forum about this, I swear lol.

So here is my question. So there is the god realm, and then there are the gods and goddesses that human beings have worshiped for ages. What I want to know is how many of the gods and goddesses that are worshiped on earth and we have statues and myths of are actually representatives of the real gods in the actual god realm? ...

So does anyone know of any good way to distinguish this?

You ask yourself, "What do I want to believe?" Then, you believe in whichever Gods or Goddesses you want. It's got nothing to do with somebody else's reality.

Yes, the Gods of ancient Rome, Greece, Hindu and even Jehova (Great Brahma in Hindu religion) are all very real. The thing is that some of them may have been reborn as beings in another realm of existence so they are no longer higher plane devas.

And the proof that there is God or any Gods is ... oh, that's right ... no proof anywhere.

minus all existence

If you really look at it, science could be correct -- it could have been a big bang.

There is no evidence or proof otherwise, no matter how many people claim God this or Gods (or Goddesses) that.

... and where did this "big bang" come from?

magic land?

Where did God come from, 'magic land'?

If you believe God made stuff, then who made God? Oh, always there, without beginning or end, the alpha and the omega.

So, universe ... always there, without beginning or end, the alpha and the omega.

To assume some deities is just an assumption. There's no proof. Whereas there is physical evidence of science, at least.

I'm working on that, but in the mean time ..... lol.

I have noticed something interesting though. The Greek mythological creation cosmology bears a striking resemblance to Taoist cosmology.

Taoist: Tao - Wuji (emptiness) Taiji or Yin and Yang (2 polarity of opposites) Three treasures (jing, qi, shen) five elements - bagua (8) - and 10,000 things

Greek: Chaos (emptiness) Erebus and Gaea - Three Cyclopes Three Hecatoncheires - the Titans - the Olympic gods - and then all sorts of stuff.

Such an interesting topic. In Taoist Creation Theory, Wu continues after creation, and Wu and Taiji (the primal energy field of creation that splits into yin yang) form a living machine-like entity Tao that influences the universe. Greek Creation Theory seems to rely on gods. Taoist Creation Theory is spontaneous creation, does not rely on gods, but the gods are part of the 10,000 things.

Taoist Creation Theory can be like Big Bang Theory, with the Taiji being the birth of the universe. Wu is mathematically undefined. The question of what comes before or after Wu is not applicable. Tao is not a god, not conscious. Tao is spontaneous.

The gods in classical Taoism (LaoTzu, ChuangTzu and LiehTzu) preside over their own infinite realms, in a system drawn from the concepts of Taoist utopia. When the universe ends, they too return to Tao.

Interfaith, Syncretism and Universal Love: A Study Of New Age Taoism

Edited by silas

Consciousness creates matter...

matter does not create consciousness.

I've been thinking about this a lot because my room-mate killed a spider, and I looked to see if I could see any kind of spirit coming from it, but I couldn't see anything at all. Do spiders go to Heaven? Or are they just dead and all animals until the Resurrection. Will God resurrect the spiders?

But a lot of people are just so convinced of their beliefs in God, or Goddesses, or Buddha or Science or atheism or agnosticism.

It just seems to me that without proof of God, or Goddesses, or atheism, then how can we agree on it? A lot of people claim to have experienced supernatural occurrences, but there isn't any physical evidence for any of them. So is it just delusional? Obviously, not everybody is correct where their beliefs contradict others.

Start by asking yourself this question:

How real am I?

Practice hard following the Noble Eightfold Path and you may find the answer.

I was actually a Buddhist for years.

Now, I am of the opinion that science and humanism are the great meeting ground where as humanity we can make the proper choices and agree upon them, rather than killing each other over and over again and destroying the environment.

I came to this conclusion based upon the fact that everybody I've met seems convinced of their spirituality or lack thereof as the case may be. We have to agree upon something realistic, with physical evidence, and that's science and humanism. Because with everybody's subjective opinions of religion/atheism, we will never be able to agree upon that.

Edited by SantaRosaGuy

Sign in to follow this