Thanks Dmattwads! I have no idea if he'd agree with the specifics of my posting, but in the spirit of giving credit where it's due, I picked up the idea of linking different practies with levels of taoist cosmology from attending taoist alchemy workshops taught by Michael Winn.

• Like 1

I remember reading a few years ago that the ancient Taoists had been saying that we are made out of stardust, which in our day and age has been confirmed by science.

Really? Where can I red more on this? The science research that is...

Oh, right, I see now. What Carl Sagan covered (I only watched COSMOS for the first time ever last year!)

Going back though, the big bang is still only a theory though. however, it is interesting how the experiments do lead to a sensible theory and also, I believe there is some sort of catalyst involved? Almost like someone had to observe this in order for it to happen (someone is going to have to help me out here...I think this goes down the quantum physics route!)

That opens up a God possibility. Or even that we are all made up of this one, ever expanding consciousness that is space, the starts, the planets...and us...the universe. Aaaaaaah.

I quite like the idea of science and religion working together on an understanding.