Sign in to follow this  
Horus

Condensing The Pearl in Fusion - any tips?

for me, when I used to do fusion every day, it produced a stillness inside that was hard to describe, a sense of being part of the world but less effected by it.

If I did it before a sales call I never closed any business - apparently that 'less effect' went both ways.<smile>

Really, that's interesting. I do sales calls aswell and have not found that - quite the opposite. I particularly find that when I meditate on om, and then do a sales call - they are all over me like bees to honey..

Your question implicates a key and fundamental misunderstanding, missing information, re: the role of the pearl. What it is, what it leads to. imho :) No offense meant.

The pearl can basically be used in two levels (at least this is how I look at it, not claiming to know everything):

1. Personal

For me, the quality of the pearl when used like this is ... as the essences of the organs (or etc) combine it creates a balanced nourishing substantial energy that coheres partly because of the combination of opposites and partly due to my steady focus. For me, it often has the feel of a kind of "nourishing subtle gel"... a kind of substantial and nourishing kind of qi. This pearl can be moved around to nourish various parts of my body (organs & so on). Also it can be personally centering in any one of the dan tiens.

(skipping the whole topic of pearl shooting; it's generally understood to be dangerous and has been talked about before)

2. Transpersonal

The next step is not to make the pearl denser, it is to DISSOLVE it into Emptiness or Light. The skillful way to do this, in a way that actually starts to kick the whole vajra body into gear (gradually, in a balanced fashion)... the way to do this is to dissolve the pearl into the empty still space at the center of each dan tien / chakra. That small still place is where sushumna intersects the chakra and that place, in the human form, has an especially powerful connection to the fundamentals of Emptiness and Light. This gets into what the Taoists call "the mysterious pass". It's super key. I'd be so bold as to say, from a classical perspective, it could be soundly argued that alchemy doesn't happen without it. And it's not as commonly understood as it should be, in my opinion and observation.

Thanks Trunk. I think its a semantic issue on the word "denser" - bu denser I mean more intense, it feels like desity to me...

At present, I'm staying with the forst 4 formulas, until I feel satisfied that my mind is suffieciently prohrammed to have a very intense pearl quickly, and that there is no thinking required at all to form all of the pakuas, collection points, and fuse the process together. I can feel that growing.

As far as taking the pearl to the dantiens - I have really just been focusing on the mco and the key points - as I feel this is where the most progress is happening.

I practice only 1 formula each morning, as I have limited time.

I'll take the pearl to the danitens and feel what you are talking about.

With regard to the mysterious pass, take a look at my thread on inner vision and dark matter . The glowing circel that I saw...not sure if it was lower dantien, or the fire at the back of the navel - but my vision was a full conscious "relocation" into the lower abdomen.

How does that relate to your understanding of the "Mysterious Pass"?

OKay puretruth - you have created the battery. But have you got the inner alchemical agent (golden seed within the shen light)? I thought this is the next step? (or is this not your alchemy) please explain...

Jascha,

I cant personally speak on that i have not personally had a grandamster tell me that nor have experienced that.

But i know what my next step is.

So im not going to tell you something that i havent exp or was told by a grandmaster.

Thanks Joe - I'm feeling something good from that - can you please reword in less mathematical terms - I'm a very kinesthetic bunny :)

Well, I kept the math as simple as possible. :D Try and imagine the interactions of waves on a surface of water, and even better, imagine that you are the one making the waves, pushing the palms towards each other so as to create an interaction of waves - so for my 3 examples, the first one the waves meet at different times so there is a partial phase cancellation there - you wind up with a bit of peak and a bit of trough - that's what its like when we first start practicing and learning the timing of things, the peaks of the waves do not line up.

Getting the timing right, we approach the second case where it is much closer to the waves reaching a very coherent state, constructively amplifying each other and producing higher peaks.

But something interesting happens when we are able to get our mind out of the game entirely - this is the very reason why I advocate the rote methods of anapana and breath-timing, because by paying particular focus on these timings we approach maximal expression of coherence in the #2 example. By cultivating that, we amass a habit-energy (i.e. muscle memory) for the action, and by amassing a sufficient amount of it, we are able to forget most of the conscious manipulations. Given the high oxygen and qi consumption of the brain and nervous system, it is a very important stage to reach, and why "focusing the spirit at the seat of awareness" is pretty much the first method taught in taoist yoga - bringing the awareness in is also logically arresting the energy potential harnessed by the cranial nerves - so really you are freeing up more and more energy with each refinement you make. This is also the essence of longevity breathing - identifying and resolving every last little bit of energy drain - you really do feel the additional energy from resolving all of the vortices that form in the air passageways - and until you do so, you'll continue to feel yourself breathe.

So it is a prerequisite to working with more subtle things, distinguishing the 5 elements needs to be done before you can do any sort of fusing them. With each refinement you are identifying a signal in your space, harmonizing it, attenuating it - and that additional energy the process used to require is now free to be utilized by core processes & awareness.

The linking of these phenomena to the rules for calculating quantum mechanical probabilities was just right there, and having been there and done what I did in the rote method, the correlation was unmistakable :)(the part about absolute squaring was where the probability aspect came into play, since you're not going to have a negative probability.)

(Relevant to this 5e work in that with a sufficiently low noise floor you can more readily express the particular flavors instead of trying to imagine-feel them.)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

I can tell you that merging yin and yang and having the attainment leads to the rainbow body and higher.

Having a high level of inner thunder development is fine but what is the actually spiritual attainment.....

to be among the heavenly immortals.

Inner neilei has a direct correlation to external neilei.

The power of heaven realized inside the body and outside the body.

Just imagine it. Your doing taichi and your magnetic field is powerful affecting all nature around it.

Inner neilei has a direct correlation to external neilei.

The tao guided movements of the form influence the clouds and sky. The wuji in you is opening up your connecting to and starting to become a pure vessel of energy. The earth chi and sky chi is starting to merge. In that momment you are the virtue manifesting the real energy of the tao in that spot.

Edited by puretruth01
  • Like 1

The tao guided movements of the form influence the clouds and sky. The wuji in you is opening up your connecting to and starting to become a pure vessel of energy. The earth chi and sky chi is starting to merge. In that momment you are the virtue manifesting the real energy of the tao in that spot.

I'm curious to know if that's a personal experience or speculation? Thanks.

I'm curious to know if that's a personal experience or speculation? Thanks.

When it comes to training i never speculate. This is from expereince and lessons from the grandmaster.

lets remove some of the haze the fusion of the 5 elements into the pearl.....the 5 lights the 5 elements of the rainbow body......

lets remove some of the haze the fusion of the 5 elements into the pearl.....the 5 lights the 5 elements of the rainbow body......

So if you understand this .....

then you can see that condensing the pearl isnt really the next step.

That pearl is the elixer and must be allowed to flow and be enhanced.

being spiritually bathed and charged by the source as i like to call it has levels to it as well. The pearl is just that its a small part of it.

Edited by puretruth01

When it comes to training i never speculate. This is from expereince and lessons from the grandmaster.

Could you elaborate on "The tao guided movements of the form influence the clouds and sky"?

When you influenced the coulds and sky, could others see the same thing as you?

It'll be interesting to know. Thanks.

Could you elaborate on "The tao guided movements of the form influence the clouds and sky"?

When you influenced the coulds and sky, could others see the same thing as you?

It'll be interesting to know. Thanks.

yes i can elaborate.

In my personal experience. After a certain point in my training i felt connected to the sky like i could touch it with my energy. In a way like never before. i asked my teacher about this and he said that there is a direct connection to internal leifa and external leifa for for even external leifa has to be internalized.

Edited by puretruth01

Hmmm.....Fusion of the 5 elements.....Rainbow Body.........

Simple you see :)

kan and li?

The pearl is beyond that.

Well, I kept the math as simple as possible. :D Try and imagine the interactions of waves on a surface of water, and even better, imagine that you are the one making the waves, pushing the palms towards each other so as to create an interaction of waves - so for my 3 examples, the first one the waves meet at different times so there is a partial phase cancellation there - you wind up with a bit of peak and a bit of trough - that's what its like when we first start practicing and learning the timing of things, the peaks of the waves do not line up.

Getting the timing right, we approach the second case where it is much closer to the waves reaching a very coherent state, constructively amplifying each other and producing higher peaks.

But something interesting happens when we are able to get our mind out of the game entirely - this is the very reason why I advocate the rote methods of anapana and breath-timing, because by paying particular focus on these timings we approach maximal expression of coherence in the #2 example. By cultivating that, we amass a habit-energy (i.e. muscle memory) for the action, and by amassing a sufficient amount of it, we are able to forget most of the conscious manipulations. Given the high oxygen and qi consumption of the brain and nervous system, it is a very important stage to reach, and why "focusing the spirit at the seat of awareness" is pretty much the first method taught in taoist yoga - bringing the awareness in is also logically arresting the energy potential harnessed by the cranial nerves - so really you are freeing up more and more energy with each refinement you make. This is also the essence of longevity breathing - identifying and resolving every last little bit of energy drain - you really do feel the additional energy from resolving all of the vortices that form in the air passageways - and until you do so, you'll continue to feel yourself breathe.

So it is a prerequisite to working with more subtle things, distinguishing the 5 elements needs to be done before you can do any sort of fusing them. With each refinement you are identifying a signal in your space, harmonizing it, attenuating it - and that additional energy the process used to require is now free to be utilized by core processes & awareness.

The linking of these phenomena to the rules for calculating quantum mechanical probabilities was just right there, and having been there and done what I did in the rote method, the correlation was unmistakable :)(the part about absolute squaring was where the probability aspect came into play, since you're not going to have a negative probability.)

(Relevant to this 5e work in that with a sufficiently low noise floor you can more readily express the particular flavors instead of trying to imagine-feel them.)

Nice, thanks for the re-explanation. The interesting thing for me is that I seem to get better results in the fusion process when I have a "higher noise floor" (if my understanding of "low noise floor" is correct?). I was doing the fusion process after kriaya concentration breathing, whereby triangular breathing all venous blood reduces and the system starts to suspend.

I find that doing the fusion process after that is very quiet and there is not much intensity to the pearl or organ activity. (The breathing is in for 20 count, hold for 20, exhale for twenty (6 times - squeeze the whole body and realease) and 6 times of the whole cycle. This yogananda concentration exercise is wonderful to bring on om vibrations). I'm detaching from the breath by focusing on it with a hong-sau mediattion after that, and then on to just om and the midbrow focus.

But, as mentioned it makes everything very relaxed, and actually made it harder to feel sensations in the fusion process. I find it much stronger to start cold.

In terms of "rote methods of anapana and breath-timing" I will work with the fusion process in a more systematic focus on the breathing timing. At present I have been more focused on the sensations and generating more kinesthetic intensity.

Thanks for your comments.

• Like 1

yes i can elaborate.

In my personal experience. After a certain point in my training i felt connected to the sky like i could touch it with my energy. In a way like never before. i asked my teacher about this and he said that there is a direct connection to internal leifa and external leifa for for even external leifa has to be internalized.

Yes, I know this feeling. Its like a disolving of the boundaries of heaven, earth my earthly body. It's a oneness. In that state I can push the rain and wind with my will. It is very expansive and peaceful. It usually attracts birds to fly over me. Often it brings in eagles, and falcons.

And yes, the surrounding nature changes in accordance. I really notice that when I change locations for exercise. There is a greater buzz density to the movements - like the lower vibrational evergies and being transmuted by the higher charged energy within, and within the movement/intention.

I actually had an earth elemental approach me and thank me for the virtue I was bestowing within his domain. He offered me energy to resolve a subluxation in my spine. I declined and thanked him anyway. I'm not one to deal with elementals in that manner.

So, it is just a matter of intense focus, hear expansion and feeling the heaven and earth becoming one centreed within your being. Being on earth as it is in heaven.

• Like 1

So if you understand this .....

then you can see that condensing the pearl isnt really the next step.

That pearl is the elixer and must be allowed to flow and be enhanced.

being spiritually bathed and charged by the source as i like to call it has levels to it as well. The pearl is just that its a small part of it.

It does have its levels. When I come to a very very bathed state of concentration and relaxation, there is a sudden wave - literlally like an internal tsunami that washes in from my head, down the boddy to the millions of cells. It is like being bathed by the love of source - like no other cultivation exercise I've ever experienced.

• Like 1

Hi Horus,

A good question. I don't think this will go down well but the pearl you are mentioning is a metaphor and is not something that exists neither the dantien, the lower cauldron. There are no pearls or cauldrons - nothing that gets mixed with anything to produce a something. This stems from an explanation of how something feels that occurs naturally...

When we become still and eventually the mind calms there is a sinking feeling. This feeling becomes noticed in the solar plexus, stomach and intestine area, it starts off small like perhaps a pearl and then spreads throughout the body. In fact, nothing spreads anywhere it is just an awareness of something already present but overlooked. Inside you is what is outside you; a settled-presence of that which is undisturbed; we call it the Tao. When this feeling arises in one who has become so still and absent-minded that they notice this feeling they then try to convey it to those who have not felt it - so it eventually is given extravagent names to represent the importance of what is - so we have pearls, jade, elixirs and so on. Whatever name you give it, it is the namelessness of what you are and what everything else you think is not you, is.

So, you can choose to sit there and try and make something into something else, try and mix this with that but this just rubbish. You are already that which IS. What separates you from one who has awakened is ignorance. The central way (in Taoism) to end ignorance is to become tranquil - silence and stillness. The reason silence and stillness is important is That-Which-Is, the Tao is expressed as an endless pool of settledness. To notice it, one must first be like it. Then eventually you realise. Any form of doing, attempting, trying, takes you away. How much closer can you get to what you already are? How much 'doing' helps you draw nearer to what you are? So my advice for what it is worth, is forget sitting cross-legged as it makes no difference...sit in a way that relaxes you - the idea of a little discomfort such as the lotus/half-lotus etc is so you don't fall asleep as you need to be aware (so you notice when you suddenly sense Presence - which you can't do while asleep). As long as you have a wakeful restfulness the body, mind and energy settle - when this occurs the 'pearl' becomes noticed.

Everything is 'pearl', you, not-you. When the psalms said "Be still and know that I am God" it was telling the truth - check out Verse16 of the Tao Te Ching.

Best of luck,

Heath

Thanks Heath

Actually I mentioned half lotus because it is actually my most relaxed position, aside from laying flat on my back - which I actually fo more of lately.

When you say "the body, mind and energy settle - when this occurs the 'pearl' becomes noticed" - where do you "observe/notice the pearl"? In the naval center - or are you noticing it beyond location.

I certainly notice the pearl more strongly with greater relaxation.

I must disagree that moving through the organ virtues and condensing the pearl is rubbish - it is a very healing energy when cycled through the Microcosmic orbit.

first (and foremost) practice practice practice. Fusion is a process of refining - mix, balance, purify - the process of drawing the energy into the caldron and mixing it changes the energy of the organs - bit by bit. As the energy becomes more refined the pearls become more dense and the energy more willing to stick together.

I found that spirals and spiraling really help. I try to feel the spinning of the taichi symbols in each of the four bagua and the spinning of the taichi creates (for me) a spiral - like the blade in a blender makes a spiral in the fluid in the blender (whirlpool). feel the spiral in the bagua

I "look" inside and down to the LDT and look for a spiral in the cauldron. You can try rocking your upper body in a small gentle circle as if your upper body was a spoon stirring a pot, or you can try to look for images - Whirlpool Galaxy - I find this one is particularly suggestive and powerful - this is tens of thousands of stars being slowly pulled into a black hole at the center. For me the 'pull from the center' of the cauldron drawing the energy to coalesce is a very powerful thing.

Be willing to feel whatever you feel during the process - emotions (for example) - its all happening down there, and I never really noticed it.

One thing for me has been a multi-year journey to let my belly, diaphragm, everything just relax - the calm at the center of the pearl is such a contrast to the tension elsewhere in my body.

As I practice more and more, personally, I find it is about allowing what is, allowing things to happen, whereas when I started I worked to make things happen.

You will notice more clearly the effects that aspects of your outer life have on your inner energy. You've been warned <wink>

Using the whirlpool galaxy makes a wonderful difference thanks :)

Nice, thanks for the re-explanation. The interesting thing for me is that I seem to get better results in the fusion process when I have a "higher noise floor" (if my understanding of "low noise floor" is correct?). I was doing the fusion process after kriaya concentration breathing, whereby triangular breathing all venous blood reduces and the system starts to suspend.

I find that doing the fusion process after that is very quiet and there is not much intensity to the pearl or organ activity. (The breathing is in for 20 count, hold for 20, exhale for twenty (6 times - squeeze the whole body and realease) and 6 times of the whole cycle. This yogananda concentration exercise is wonderful to bring on om vibrations). I'm detaching from the breath by focusing on it with a hong-sau mediattion after that, and then on to just om and the midbrow focus.

But, as mentioned it makes everything very relaxed, and actually made it harder to feel sensations in the fusion process. I find it much stronger to start cold.

In terms of "rote methods of anapana and breath-timing" I will work with the fusion process in a more systematic focus on the breathing timing. At present I have been more focused on the sensations and generating more kinesthetic intensity.

Thanks for your comments.

Since I mess with audio recordings also I tend to make some correlations - so the "noise floor" you can equate to all that unidentified signal - thus you're considering a signal to noise ratio when a certain signal is considered and compared with "all the background noise." You basically want as low of a noise floor as possible so that you may have maximal control over the desired signals. When creating a "recording landscape" - you start with nothing, and you add each and every bit of instrument, ambiance, etc. Practices with the body are rather the opposite - you start with a pretty high noise floor and need to calm things down, identify signals and usually attenuate in the process. Each signal you identify and attenuate reduces the noise floor - correlate firings of nerves and the resultant chains of neural firings that result. Eventually, "you've picked up all the toys up off the floor" and have a nice clean room to work with! So like the body, the results of lowering the noise floor in a recording means that you can have a louder, clearer recording - haha - and you can also correlate the lower frequencies taking up a sizeable portion of the noise floor - if you have some deep incoherent rumble in there, each wave-peak has less amplitude-height available to it before maxing/peaking out the medium! :)

With certain practices, yes, you want certain signals to be manifested strongly - you want your guitars to be heard prominently in the mix, for example - having done all the work lowering the noise floor makes it easier for that guitar sound to be prominent ;)

You use heart and fire for the elixir, the fire goes below the navels and the heart goes to the solar plexus and down towards the fire, the fire evaporate the heart or water to steam which rises to the original cavity of the spirit.

So have you activated heart and fire?

You use heart and fire for the elixir, the fire goes below the navels and the heart goes to the solar plexus and down towards the fire, the fire evaporate the heart or water to steam which rises to the original cavity of the spirit.

So have you activated heart and fire?

Thanks Teknix. What you described is the process covered in lesser kan & li. I'm only focused on the fusion practice thus far - the first 5 formulas.

At present, I'm staying with the forst 4 formulas, until I feel satisfied that my mind is suffieciently prohrammed to have a very intense pearl quickly, and that there is no thinking required at all to form all of the pakuas, collection points, and fuse the process together. I can feel that growing.

As far as taking the pearl to the dantiens - I have really just been focusing on the mco and the key points - as I feel this is where the most progress is happening.

I practice only 1 formula each morning, as I have limited time.

Pakuas, collection pts, moving the pearl through various places (other than the central channel)... I dropped all that stuff a long time ago. There are ways to have the pearl in the central channel and then 'include' front & back (ren & du) points, left & right (ida & pingala), in order to create yang ~ neutal ~ yin interactions. No fancy moves, no fancy diagrams (which I find to be mostly a distraction). Focusing mainly on what connects to Deeper Stuff. I like it simple. :D

• Like 1

Thanks Heath

Actually I mentioned half lotus because it is actually my most relaxed position, aside from laying flat on my back - which I actually fo more of lately.

When you say "the body, mind and energy settle - when this occurs the 'pearl' becomes noticed" - where do you "observe/notice the pearl"? In the naval center - or are you noticing it beyond location.

I certainly notice the pearl more strongly with greater relaxation.

I must disagree that moving through the organ virtues and condensing the pearl is rubbish - it is a very healing energy when cycled through the Microcosmic orbit.

Hi Horus,

Decided to delete my original reply to the above, not that there was anything wrong or right with it but we each need to discover our own way and what works for us.

Best of luck,

H

Edited by Wayfarer
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this