Sign in to follow this  
Horus

Condensing The Pearl in Fusion - any tips?

I've been practicing Fusion for a few months (the first 4 fusion formulas).

I sit in half lotus as my preference, rather than chait sitting.

I'd just like some tips on condensing techniques and how you create a denser pearl...

I'm open to any fusion tips people care to share...

• Like 1

ohm's law, increase in tension is increase in resistance - same reason its a recipe for a headache and stagnation if you "try too hard." learn to perturb the waxing and waning of the center's energy dynamic, whichever center it is that you're working on, streamline and harmonize the process, relegate via inertia of habit-energy as much of the physical to the neural muscle-memory and then the process requires less "mental capital" to execute, when this happens the amplitude is higher.

So in order to manifest something, the conditions need to be arranged - i.e. figure out how to "most efficiently combine amplitudes." If we accept the postulate that qi is a quantum mechanical phenomenon, then we have some interesting rules that apply* that seem to be well confirmed by mindful practice (using two as a # of interactions to keep it simple):

if we have two amplitudes a=3 and b=4,

-if the events happen in sequence, multiply the amplitudes: 3x4=12

When practicing, events not in coherence will have the lesser outcome;

-if the events are in coherence but can be distinguished, square the multiples then add: 9+16=25

In refining, one finds coherence yet events are at least partly still of the mind and thus distinguishable;

-if the events cannot be distinguished, add before absolute squaring - 3+4=7, ^2=49
Practice until the foreground fades away, background becomes the foreground - and certain events within will start to become indistinguishable, producing the most efficacious result.

so this is all just in the context of combining wave functions, albeit vastly oversimplified - these "rules" came from firing photons at a reflector and on to some detectors and depending what is "known" about the photon initially it has implications as to how the wave functions manifest.

it is no different for practice ;)

(* Allday - Quarks, Leptons, and The Big Bang)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

I'd just like some tips on condensing techniques and how you create a denser pearl...

Hey I know this wasn't the intent of your post, but I am curious as to what your experiences have been from doing fusion for a few months? What have you noticed?

• Like 2

first (and foremost) practice practice practice. Fusion is a process of refining - mix, balance, purify - the process of drawing the energy into the caldron and mixing it changes the energy of the organs - bit by bit. As the energy becomes more refined the pearls become more dense and the energy more willing to stick together.

I found that spirals and spiraling really help. I try to feel the spinning of the taichi symbols in each of the four bagua and the spinning of the taichi creates (for me) a spiral - like the blade in a blender makes a spiral in the fluid in the blender (whirlpool). feel the spiral in the bagua

I "look" inside and down to the LDT and look for a spiral in the cauldron. You can try rocking your upper body in a small gentle circle as if your upper body was a spoon stirring a pot, or you can try to look for images - Whirlpool Galaxy - I find this one is particularly suggestive and powerful - this is tens of thousands of stars being slowly pulled into a black hole at the center. For me the 'pull from the center' of the cauldron drawing the energy to coalesce is a very powerful thing.

Be willing to feel whatever you feel during the process - emotions (for example) - its all happening down there, and I never really noticed it.

One thing for me has been a multi-year journey to let my belly, diaphragm, everything just relax - the calm at the center of the pearl is such a contrast to the tension elsewhere in my body.

As I practice more and more, personally, I find it is about allowing what is, allowing things to happen, whereas when I started I worked to make things happen.

You will notice more clearly the effects that aspects of your outer life have on your inner energy. You've been warned <wink>

• Like 4

first (and foremost) practice practice practice. Fusion is a process of refining - mix, balance, purify - the process of drawing the energy into the caldron and mixing it changes the energy of the organs - bit by bit. As the energy becomes more refined the pearls become more dense and the energy more willing to stick together.

I found that spirals and spiraling really help. I try to feel the spinning of the taichi symbols in each of the four bagua and the spinning of the taichi creates (for me) a spiral - like the blade in a blender makes a spiral in the fluid in the blender (whirlpool). feel the spiral in the bagua

I "look" inside and down to the LDT and look for a spiral in the cauldron. You can try rocking your upper body in a small gentle circle as if your upper body was a spoon stirring a pot, or you can try to look for images - Whirlpool Galaxy - I find this one is particularly suggestive and powerful - this is tens of thousands of stars being slowly pulled into a black hole at the center. For me the 'pull from the center' of the cauldron drawing the energy to coalesce is a very powerful thing.

Be willing to feel whatever you feel during the process - emotions (for example) - its all happening down there, and I never really noticed it.

One thing for me has been a multi-year journey to let my belly, diaphragm, everything just relax - the calm at the center of the pearl is such a contrast to the tension elsewhere in my body.

As I practice more and more, personally, I find it is about allowing what is, allowing things to happen, whereas when I started I worked to make things happen.

You will notice more clearly the effects that aspects of your outer life have on your inner energy. You've been warned <wink>

Hey o.k. so for males the ball of energy is supposed to spin clockwise - when you "look" at your lower tan tien - is the clockwise as if the clock was facing outwards or as if the clock was facing upwards and you look "down" at it?

If it's outwards then the ball spins "to the left" but if its upwards then the ball spins "to the right"

I looked this up once in a Mantak Chia book but I forgot again.

Chunyi Lin said how when he was talking to the guild mtg. he could clearly see bright light in his lower tan tien as a 3-D image. haha.

Hey o.k. so for males the ball of energy is supposed to spin clockwise - when you "look" at your lower tan tien - is the clockwise as if the clock was facing outwards or as if the clock was facing upwards and you look "down" at it?

If it's outwards then the ball spins "to the left" but if its upwards then the ball spins "to the right"

I don't think there is any directionality in this practice - a quick check of my old books doesn't show any specific instructions.

At the end of meditation when you draw energy from your entire body into the lower dan tien and spiral there to gather and then condense the energy, it that practice there is a directionality for male & female.

Edited by Alchemistgeorge

Hey I know this wasn't the intent of your post, but I am curious as to what your experiences have been from doing fusion for a few months? What have you noticed?

for me, when I used to do fusion every day, it produced a stillness inside that was hard to describe, a sense of being part of the world but less effected by it.

If I did it before a sales call I never closed any business - apparently that 'less effect' went both ways.<smile>

• Like 2

>I don't think there is any directionality in this practice - a quick check of my old books doesn't show any specific instructions.

At the end of meditation when you draw energy from your entire body into the lower dan tien and spiral there to gather and then condense the energy, it that practice there is a directionality for male & female.

O.K. I found this quote:

mentally spiralling the energy outward from the navel clockwise

or

Collect and disperse the energy by covering the navel with your palms mentally spiralling the energy outward from the navel clockwise and anticlockwise (men clockwise first; women anti-clockwise first).

http://therapies4healing.co.uk/article/microcosmic-orbit-personal-approach

Anyway so it must be the top-down approach for the spiral to be "out" from the navel since otherwise it would be out of the body.

At the end 0;

O.K. I found this quote:

mentally spiralling the energy outward from the navel clockwise

or

Collect and dispe

rse the

yeah. This is "collecting the energy from your entire body after practice" not "pull all the energy into the cauldron to make a pearl" - what you are reading is the instruction for ending microcosmic orbit meditation, etc. etc.

I don't know if it will make any difference, I've never followed any particular direction or noticed a particular direction, you can always try it out and see how it works.

FWIW In replying to your question earlier I briefly checked three different Mantak Chia books: Fusion of the Five Elements, Fusion of the Five Elements I, and Cosmic Fusion. In each only I only looked at a page or two - on the page where it talks for the first time about forming the pearl, but it was a fast check.

Anyway, best of luck with your practice, if you want to dig deeper, Michael Winn - one of Mantak Chia's senior students - teaches a different approach to the Fusion meditations - I got about half way through a set of Michael Winn retreat CDs, I thought it was worth the money.

• Like 1

Ok..

How can fusion be done more than once after you attain it you fuse you fuse..

The whole concept of fusion is just wrong..

Mantak Chia knows of it but he hasnt attained it.

That pearl holds power and means something.

It holds a charge. It can lose a charge. An yes the charge can be enhanced.

Edited by puretruth01

The problem is that few have attained this and even fewer talk about it on the internet

So this is my experience with it. If i practice or dont practice the battery is still there. When I focus On this battery i buzz. The more i foucs on it the more i buzz. It starts with a buzz then waves then sparks will start to come of my arms.
Now this is when i focus on it.

My heart-mind has not been permantly fused to it. If it was then i woudnt have to use my yi to focus on it to get it come out.

The fact is until your internal energy body transforms more you cant handle a constant live connection to that power.

• Like 1

Your question implicates a key and fundamental misunderstanding, missing information, re: the role of the pearl. What it is, what it leads to. imho :) No offense meant.

The pearl can basically be used in two levels (at least this is how I look at it, not claiming to know everything):

1. Personal

For me, the quality of the pearl when used like this is ... as the essences of the organs (or etc) combine it creates a balanced nourishing substantial energy that coheres partly because of the combination of opposites and partly due to my steady focus. For me, it often has the feel of a kind of "nourishing subtle gel"... a kind of substantial and nourishing kind of qi. This pearl can be moved around to nourish various parts of my body (organs & so on). Also it can be personally centering in any one of the dan tiens.

(skipping the whole topic of pearl shooting; it's generally understood to be dangerous and has been talked about before)

2. Transpersonal

The next step is not to make the pearl denser, it is to DISSOLVE it into Emptiness or Light. The skillful way to do this, in a way that actually starts to kick the whole vajra body into gear (gradually, in a balanced fashion)... the way to do this is to dissolve the pearl into the empty still space at the center of each dan tien / chakra. That small still place is where sushumna intersects the chakra and that place, in the human form, has an especially powerful connection to the fundamentals of Emptiness and Light. This gets into what the Taoists call "the mysterious pass". It's super key. I'd be so bold as to say, from a classical perspective, it could be soundly argued that alchemy doesn't happen without it. And it's not as commonly understood as it should be, in my opinion and observation.

• Like 2

Perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about but in the great taobums tradition, I won't let that stop me...

Is it possible that a condensed pearl and a dissolved one are two aspects of the same proverbial coin? I've had the experience of my energy getting lighter and, somewhat paradoxically, more substantial feeling at the same time.

• Like 1

To add a p.s. to my previous post...

As the resonance with Light is gradually increased in the deep-center/s, then the mundane energies more strongly are drawn there. Then the Light of the Universe is lending it's power to both draw the energies inward to the deep-centers, and also to refine the energies. Then you have larger natural forces (than just your mundane self) working your alchemy for you. ... in a way that makes you both transcedent and coherent, "holds you together", and deeply centered. This is summarized (super concisely) on my overview of cultivation page.

LL,

Perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about but in the great taobums tradition, I won't let that stop me...

Is it possible that a condensed pearl and a dissolved one are two aspects of the same proverbial coin? I've had the experience of my energy getting lighter and, somewhat paradoxically, more substantial feeling at the same time.

I'm not clear on how you're accomplishing that (I suppose there could be a number of ways), but it sounds like a good sign. :)

that's the nature of my using the term flux density as opposed to "compressed energy" or "light" or *insert amorphous huge energy potential descriptor here* :lol:

• Like 1

Ok..

The problem is that few have attained this and even fewer talk about it on the internet

So this is my experience with it. If i practice or dont practice the battery is still there. When I focus On this battery i buzz. The more i foucs on it the more i buzz. It starts with a buzz then waves then sparks will start to come of my arms.

Now this is when i focus on it.

My heart-mind has not been permantly fused to it. If it was then i woudnt have to use my yi to focus on it to get it come out.

The fact is until your internal energy body transforms more you cant handle a constant live connection to that power.

Why in your opinion the Fusion concept is wrong?

Ok..

the mixing of yin and yang can be done anytime after it has been attained. one would mix after attaining this fusion in the dantien for various reasons.

Well....mixing wouldnt be your next attainment you havent fully attained what you think you have.

Your training to get to a big attainment. Even after awakening the inner thunder methods you have to merge that with your heart mind.

Thats the attainment.

Once you have a constant permenat connection to your battery. It will be hard for you to get hurt. That original signal of your creation that created you is now fused with your heart mind awareness.

Meaning this that it will constantly broadcast the original signal thru out your system all the time. Meaning that you can not get out of balance. Lets say i cut you on your hand it will start to heal because that was sent to create your hand is always being broadcasts but to a much higher level.

At this level you dont have to focus on your ldt. Releasing power is only a matter of feeling not yi.

Edited by puretruth01

Hi Horus,

A good question. I don't think this will go down well but the pearl you are mentioning is a metaphor and is not something that exists neither the dantien, the lower cauldron. There are no pearls or cauldrons - nothing that gets mixed with anything to produce a something. This stems from an explanation of how something feels that occurs naturally...

When we become still and eventually the mind calms there is a sinking feeling. This feeling becomes noticed in the solar plexus, stomach and intestine area, it starts off small like perhaps a pearl and then spreads throughout the body. In fact, nothing spreads anywhere it is just an awareness of something already present but overlooked. Inside you is what is outside you; a settled-presence of that which is undisturbed; we call it the Tao. When this feeling arises in one who has become so still and absent-minded that they notice this feeling they then try to convey it to those who have not felt it - so it eventually is given extravagent names to represent the importance of what is - so we have pearls, jade, elixirs and so on. Whatever name you give it, it is the namelessness of what you are and what everything else you think is not you, is.

So, you can choose to sit there and try and make something into something else, try and mix this with that but this just rubbish. You are already that which IS. What separates you from one who has awakened is ignorance. The central way (in Taoism) to end ignorance is to become tranquil - silence and stillness. The reason silence and stillness is important is That-Which-Is, the Tao is expressed as an endless pool of settledness. To notice it, one must first be like it. Then eventually you realise. Any form of doing, attempting, trying, takes you away. How much closer can you get to what you already are? How much 'doing' helps you draw nearer to what you are? So my advice for what it is worth, is forget sitting cross-legged as it makes no difference...sit in a way that relaxes you - the idea of a little discomfort such as the lotus/half-lotus etc is so you don't fall asleep as you need to be aware (so you notice when you suddenly sense Presence - which you can't do while asleep). As long as you have a wakeful restfulness the body, mind and energy settle - when this occurs the 'pearl' becomes noticed.

Everything is 'pearl', you, not-you. When the psalms said "Be still and know that I am God" it was telling the truth - check out Verse16 of the Tao Te Ching.

Best of luck,

Heath

Edited by Wayfarer

OKay puretruth - you have created the battery. But have you got the inner alchemical agent (golden seed within the shen light)? I thought this is the next step? (or is this not your alchemy) please explain...

Hi Horus,

A good question. I don't think this will go down well but the pearl you are mentioning is a metaphor and is not something that exists neither the dantien, the lower cauldron. There are no pearls or cauldrons - nothing that gets mixed with anything to produce a something. This stems from an explanation of how something feels that occurs naturally...

When we become still and eventually the mind calms there is a sinking feeling. This feeling becomes noticed in the solar plexus, stomach and intestine area, it starts off small like perhaps a pearl and then spreads throughout the body. In fact, nothing spreads anywhere it is just an awareness of something already present but overlooked. Inside you is what is outside you; a settled-presence of that which is undisturbed; we call it the Tao. When this feeling arises in one who has become so still and absent-minded that they notice this feeling they then try to convey it to those who have not felt it - so it eventually is given extravagent names to represent the importance of what is - so we have pearls, jade, elixirs and so on. Whatever name you give it, it is the namelessness of what you are and what everything else you think is not you, is.

So, you can choose to sit there and try and make something into something else, try and mix this with that but this just rubbish. You are already that which IS. What separates you from one who has awakened is ignorance. The central way (in Taoism) to end ignorance is to become tranquil - silence and stillness. The reason silence and stillness is important is That-Which-Is, the Tao is expressed as an endless pool of settledness. To notice it, one must first be like it. Then eventually you realise. Any form of doing, attempting, trying, takes you away. How much closer can you get to what you already are? How much 'doing' helps you draw nearer to what you are? So my advice for what it is worth, is forget sitting cross-legged as it makes no difference...sit in a way that relaxes you - the idea of a little discomfort such as the lotus/half-lotus etc is so you don't fall asleep as you need to be aware (so you notice when you suddenly sense Presence - which you can't do while asleep). As long as you have a wakeful restfulness the body, mind and energy settle - when this occurs the 'pearl' becomes noticed.

Everything is 'pearl', you, not-you. When the psalms said "Be still and know that I am God" it was telling the truth - check out Verse16 of the Tao Te Ching.

Best of luck,

Heath

Hmmm...actually, one shouldn't undergo the fusion of the 5 elements until you have mastered the micro cosmic orbit, according to Master Chia. Sure, there is a pearl. It exists as energy of light in the color of white/blue. It moves. It spins. It rotates. Yes, is there. In the fusion of the 5 elements, you try to move this energy of light to various organs. Personally, I don't like the whole spinning thing. Worst, visualization four ba guas and to have them spinning. That sounds so complicated. The chi or the pearl energy isn't some new age thing. Is a energy you can only see with your third eye. Is there. If that's not enough, the appearance of this pearl light accompanied by the jing energy in the form of heat throughout your body.

• Like 1

I have been calmer, more centred, more virtuous, less mental, more body centred, more focused, and the pearl is somewhat stronger.

It is starting to get "hotter" - perhaps more cool energy from the perineum/earth/water is needed.

The drawing of pakuas is getting far more solid/automated/structured.

Edited by Horus

ohm's law, increase in tension is increase in resistance - same reason its a recipe for a headache and stagnation if you "try too hard." learn to perturb the waxing and waning of the center's energy dynamic, whichever center it is that you're working on, streamline and harmonize the process, relegate via inertia of habit-energy as much of the physical to the neural muscle-memory and then the process requires less "mental capital" to execute, when this happens the amplitude is higher.

So in order to manifest something, the conditions need to be arranged - i.e. figure out how to "most efficiently combine amplitudes." If we accept the postulate that qi is a quantum mechanical phenomenon, then we have some interesting rules that apply* that seem to be well confirmed by mindful practice (using two as a # of interactions to keep it simple):

if we have two amplitudes a=3 and b=4,

-if the events happen in sequence, multiply the amplitudes: 3x4=12

When practicing, events not in coherence will have the lesser outcome;

-if the events are in coherence but can be distinguished, square the multiples then add: 9+16=25

In refining, one finds coherence yet events are at least partly still of the mind and thus distinguishable;

-if the events cannot be distinguished, add before absolute squaring - 3+4=7, ^2=49

Practice until the foreground fades away, background becomes the foreground - and certain events within will start to become indistinguishable, producing the most efficacious result.

so this is all just in the context of combining wave functions, albeit vastly oversimplified - these "rules" came from firing photons at a reflector and on to some detectors and depending what is "known" about the photon initially it has implications as to how the wave functions manifest.

it is no different for practice ;)

(* Allday - Quarks, Leptons, and The Big Bang)

Thanks Joe - I'm feeling something good from that - can you please reword in less mathematical terms - I'm a very kinesthetic bunny :)

• Like 1

I looked this up once in a Mantak Chia book but I forgot again.

Chunyi Lin said how when he was talking to the guild mtg. he could clearly see bright light in his lower tan tien as a 3-D image. haha.

Males spinning clockwise first - from right to left...is the easiest way to see/remember it.

Sign in to follow this