Sign in to follow this  
KnightoftheBlackRose

What is most important...

I have come to realize I need to acheive much in the way of self improvement before I ever can begin truly considering founding the Order. The question I pose to you is what is the most important point to improve of ones self ? Is it the spiritual, the mental, emotional, physical, philosophical ect ? Please help me as I would love to be able to improve myself so as to be able to help others to find thier way to thier own enlightenment.

I appreciate your Celtic quest, I gave mine up about 15 years ago when I had to admit that I wasn't finding any reliable information. The few books that I'd found (pre-Amazon.com) were full of the author's opinions and "channelled" information, but with no real documentation and no real, useful instruction. I decided it had to do with the fact that the Druids didn't write their methods down for posterity and then I just gave up. Very shortly thereafter I bought "The Tao of Pooh" on a whim because the cover of the book seemd so... rebellious, almost blasphemous. I had always loved the Pooh stories.

I realized then that the Daoists were in many respects the Asian Druids. Except, the Daoists wrote down everything. and the vast majority of their wisdom is available today in translation.

How to find the things that you need to improve on yourself before you can help others attain Enlightenment? I have no idea, really, but I would check my motives first if I were you. Just the idea that you want to help people do something like that indicates, to me, based on extremly little information about you, that you should check your motives.

Learn to meditate. Really learn to meditate. And then just let things follow their course.

I have enough trouble humbly getting people to understand that Qigong is a way of interacting with universal energy and that they can do it all by themselves and don't really need me. But, point as I might at the moon, they keep looking at my finger. They need me, for some reason or other, perhaps because they see no need for themselves.

If you pursue your course, prepare yourself for disappointment, and learn to accept it.

Btw, where do you live? I'm in Germany now and there are many great Druidic energy areas and Celtic walls and such here. I think you'd enjoy it here.

Some are some pretty big marks someone left on the landscapes of europe. Beauty A?

I'm sorry, Spectrum, I don't follow your thoughts. Are you being cryptic? What do mean exactly? "Beuty A"?

The Celtic walls are really hard to find if you don't know what you're looking for. I have a "Wanderkarte", a hiking map, of the area where I live and there's a special icon for Ringwalls. It's a tiny circle made of dashed lines. There are lot's of them. My wife and I used to go go out and look for them. The map brings you to the area but recognizing what you're looking for is tough. All these things are buried in the ground now and covered with trees.

Sometimes, you can tell by looking at it that a hill isn't "natural". They'll be flat on top, like a mesa, I guess. Sometimes, these flat hills are actually huge piles of rocks, but you can't tell until you dig down a bit.

Amazingly enough, Julian Cope's two books about British and European sacred sites are REALLY GOOD.

Links here and here

This is the same Julian Cope who lived naked under the desk in the recording studio, but wonderfully enough they are works of genuine scholarship. Go figure.

"Beuty A"?

Not sure, myself, about Spectrum's meaning, but the expression -"Beauty A"- reminded me of the well-known

Canadian slang term, "eh". It is a peculiar slang expression that will puzzle most of the world, and the Yankie

Doodles (Americans :D ) constantly make fun of it. It is common to hear Canadians say, "Beauty, eh?" which

is like saying, "Is'nt it beautiful!" As I say, I'm not sure if that was Spectrum's thinking, but that's how his term

-"Beauty A"- came across to me; like saying, "Is'nt it beautiful!"

"How to find the things that you need to improve on yourself before you can help others attain Enlightenment? I have no idea, really, but I would check my motives first if I were you. Just the idea that you want to help people do something like that indicates, to me, based on extremly little information about you, that you should check your motives." - Soaring Crane

My motives are simply a want to better the world through bettering myself and helping those around me to do the same. Perhaps I misstated, let me try it this way; I would like to be able to know that I am the best I can be before I feel comfortable enough to even be able to give others my help/opinions on their own path. I want to be able to spread knowledge not force a way of thinking. The Order I wish to found is nothing more than a grouping of minds with a goal of philosophical thought and bettering the world through bettering ourselves. Myself I find a certain code of honor that is a mix between Bushido and Chivalry appeals to me, as well as my Irish heritage ( my family came to the States 2 generations ago) bringing me a calling to Celtic believes. So please dont think I have some unspoken motive, I just wish to be able to spread knowledge where it is requested and apply it to myself more than anything.

I thank you for your reply and I hope you can veiw me in a more positive light after this explanation

Edited by KnightoftheBlackRose

Not sure, myself, about Spectrum's meaning, but the expression -"Beauty A"- reminded me of the well-known

Canadian slang term, "eh".

Had to laugh out loud now when I read your reply. The exact same thing occured to me earlier and I was going to ask Spectrum if he's Canadian. Ever see the movie "Strange Brew"? LOVE IT! :lol::lol::lol:

My motives are simply a want to better the world through bettering myself and helping those around me to do the same. ... So please dont think I have some unspoken motive, I just wish to be able to spread knowledge where it is requested and apply it to myself more than anything.

I thank you for your reply and I hope you can veiw me in a more positive light after this explanation

O, I didn't mean to imply anything negative or positive in my commetary, I'm sorry if it came accross that way. I was really just giving you the best advice I could think of. I question my own motives all the time and if I find they're selfish, I don't consider it negative, I just see it as a way of learning something about my current condition. I stray from my wished-for path plenty often enough to feel qualified to suggest looking for the signs. Does that make sense? It's a different version of "it takes one to know one", except of course, I don't know really you.

I had picked up on the way you said "help others find their own enlightenment" and just saw the potential of a trap you may (or very well may not) be setting up for yourself.

What you state about yourself and your motives sounds wonderful and your humbleness speaks very positively about you. Don't let it go to your head (that's the trap).

My refined advice: Stay true to your goal of bettering yourself and let the world sort itself out <_<

Ever see the movie "Strange Brew"? LOVE IT! :lol::lol::lol:

The MacKenzie Brothers are just a couple of "hosers", for sure, but I love 'em both -

and their 'Strange Brew' especially! :lol: Have you seen the 'Trailor Park Boys' yet?

I had picked up on the way you said "help others find their own enlightenment" and just saw the potential of a trap you may (or very well may not) be setting up for yourself.

What you state about yourself and your motives sounds wonderful and your humbleness speaks very positively about you. Don't let it go to your head (that's the trap).

Please dont take my restatement as an attack I just wished to better explain myself and possibly make a freind in this process. I also thank you for your warning and I will take heed and look for it. Once again I hope you can forgive me if you feel that I came off as aggressive. May Morrigan's light shine on your every endeavor

Yours in peace

Sign in to follow this