yondaime109

What do you think the world'll be like in 100 years?

I have been reading about the decrease of honeybee populations i.e, "Colony Collapse Disorder" and the decline in pollination (100 crops). We are already seeing shortages of almonds. From what I have been able to find is that the main agent responsible for the decline are pesticides, neonicotinoids which are systemic pesticides.

http://students.washington.edu/uwfarm/2011/02/26/pesticides-and-honeybees/

But I have an entire bowl of almonds on my table...doesn't look like a shortage to me. Must be those liberal scientists just not seeing all the almonds.

Either we will face a great apocalypse brought on by ourselves, which could either destroy us or fix, or we might just more or less continue in this direction...now that's a future that might happen, but what really will happen, is that after I cultivate myself and master various powers and abilities, I will rewrite the rule book to reality for a lot of free thinkers out there...in other words, I'm the next Avatar

Either we will face a great apocalypse brought on by ourselves, which could either destroy us or fix, or we might just more or less continue in this direction...now that's a future that might happen, but what really will happen, is that after I cultivate myself and master various powers and abilities, I will rewrite the rule book to reality for a lot of free thinkers out there...in other words, I'm the next Avatar

I've met many people who think like this and I can't help but laugh. This is the kind of thinking that has got man to where he is today. Self-importance. No one really gives a shit when some dies or passes on, besides Hollywood celebrities. Look att what the world did to some one like Jesus who claims to have actually gave a shit about 'sinners' or even the Buddha himself or any other Godly figure or pantheon. :huh:

Whether or not man evolves or dies off, it does not matter, because man has yet to truly understand the beginning and true meaning of his/her existence. Is man merely physical bodies or does man truly have a soul? Etc... Maybe we do not know these things because it would be easy to tamper around and destroy ourselves. Needless to say, I know that I am more than my physical body due to various OBE's and I know there is STILL more than meets the eye concerning our reality. Hence why I don't bother with apocalyptic thinking nor do I care for it. If the higher beings are, who they say they are, they will be there in our time of need. We are supposedly their children. Even satan watches over his hapless minions. This thing called 'love' is what drives our world and we have to get it right due to inherited biases and greed. :mellow:

Seeing as the earth as a whole is a macrocosm of us it stands to reason that it is going through a journey of cultivation from the lower chakras to higher vibrations and centres, it has already moved above the lower chakras as represented by moving on from paganism and moving from the old to new Testaments, so the only way is up to higher more balanced centres. Every time we individually cultivate our microcosm we aid in this process in the wider macrocosm, so in 100 years I only see things getting better.

• Like 1

So many possibilities for things to go worse or turn better.

Mom wakes up and yells at her unruly kids, punishes the misbehavior, and returns us to nature.

Lots of volcanoes, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
And when the human population is back down below the 100,000,000 mark, we'll be left to our own devices again, but with added spiritual awareness.

Mom wakes up and yells at her unruly kids, punishes the misbehavior, and returns us to nature.

Yeah, I remember those days. There were five of us kids. If at all possible Mom would send us all outside.

Lots of volcanoes, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.

And when the human population is back down below the 100,000,000 mark, we'll be left to our own devices again, but with added spiritual awareness.

I highly doubt I will ever see that but you might. Hard telling. And yes, life would be much easier if we didn't have to compete for resources.

• Like 1

What will it be like in a hundred years? Don't know. I think its a mistake to extrapolate from current trends. Things move in cycles, small and large. The longer out you go, the harder it is to predict, though I tend to discount apocalyptic and utopian outcomes.

• Like 2

actually... lern...

Cycles are sacred and four (4). once you can correlate the equivelants of each stage of the cycles, you can predict almost everything with genuine accuracy.

There are 16 primary and 256 specific different "ways" to breathe.

therefore there are 256 SPECIFIC predictions for any given moment as to how it/they will turn out, but the 16 general predictions are the ones that bear accuracy.

Inhale, Exhale, Bind, and Relax the breath.

if the cycle is in fours, and in performing the cycle you inhale for 4 cycles, you'll probably pop.

If you exhale for 4 cycles, you'd implode!

Suffocation is the bondage of breath for four cycles.

But most people are in a perpetual lax state and just breathe autonomously until they die.

• Like 1