Tatsumaru

What is the secret of being ultra smart ?

Anyone saw that movie "Limitless" ? Gosh I swear people have been talking about nootropics and stuff all over the forums and I have tried basically all the nootropics except for the super secret stuff like J147 and AMPA-kines and what not. I've tried all the racetams, methylene blue, cerebrolysine, huperzine, galantamine etc. etc.

Some of these things work a little but they are absolutely nowhere near the omnipotence that the main hero from the movie got out of that fictitious pill NZT-48.

Ok I know "It's just a movie". However all of us here should know by now that nothing is impossible, so saying "Look, it's just a movie" won't cut it here.

And I've exercised my brain a lot as well. Started playing the piano from age 6 profesionally, was the first in my class to read/write (way before I even started school). I have great insights every now and then but I just don't feel that I'm living up to my potential. In fact I'm rather mediocre for what I have. And I know I have much more. It's one of those things that you just know with your third eye. But I just don't know how to unlock it. Exercise is not the key, at least not of the classic type (e.g. learning to write with left hand, doing mind games, reading dostoevsky, painting etc.). Sure it helps, but is still nothing special. I want the premium package, the absolute vision to change the world in real time.

I will do anything to have it, I will even jump off of a cliff if that will solve it. I need to know tell me, what are the secret techniques to unlocking the mind, no matter how dangerous. Thanks.

• Like 3

http://www.wikihow.com/Develop-the-%27Sherlock-Holmes%27-Intuition

very helpful

Einstein factor

http://www.amazon.com/The-Einstein-Factor-Increasing-Intelligence/dp/076150186X

Look for a free version of this pdf, It's extremely effective!

http://completeguidetogenius.com/

I know exactly how you feel man, I've always wanted to be like that guy off of limitless, I've just been lazy. But these things actually work.

Edited by yondaime109

http://www.wikihow.com/Develop-the-%27Sherlock-Holmes%27-Intuition

very helpful

Einstein factor

http://www.amazon.com/The-Einstein-Factor-Increasing-Intelligence/dp/076150186X

Look for a free version of this pdf, It's extremely effective!

http://completeguidetogenius.com/

I know exactly how you feel man, I've always wanted to be like that guy off of limitless, I've just been lazy. But these things actually work.

I will order all of those. Thanks.

You don't need to there are free pdfs

I like to buy my stuff. It's good for the economy.

I have to say I've tried Immrama's binaural beats for a short while (didn't work). I wonder if there's some secret meditation technique that gives unlimited mental prowess as a result.

Edited by Tatsumaru
  • Like 1

I like to buy my stuff. It's good for the economy.

I have to say I've tried Immrama's binaural beats for a short while (didn't work). I wonder if there's some secret meditation technique that gives unlimited mental prowess as a result.

Image streaming

• Like 1

First of all, how smart you are is based on your mind, and your mind is a part of you, not your brain.

It's funky, but trust me.

How to unlock the mind should rather be a question how to unlock yourself.

For pure "brain power" then you need to discover what you are great at, and where your flaws start.

The easy way is to find something you are interested in, explore, and your mind will follow.

A example: you enjoy music and often think about making some music yourself, what I would do is; explore, and see where you mind drags you, a mind unleased is like a hungry dog. Find different instruments, se the info on them and etc.

Now what did you do well? Remembering all the instruments? Noticing the fine details in the music? Digging deep into the lyric?

Keep going like this and you master your mind, and you will start to amaze others and yourself.

Edited by ragamor
  • Like 1

Super intelligence?? Generally I advise against going after cartoon or movie powers. Image streaming is said to give a few more IQ points and open up intuition. The real greats in the brain department were renaissance men, then and now. People of endless curiosity who tackled diverse fields and were masters of time management.

My nephew is amazing, not just because he got a quarter million dollar scholarship for a doctorate in medical engineering something, but he plays most instruments at high level and chooses unlikely music like ska and celtic. Always has a dedicated girl friend, always playing in a band. He works hard and incredibly long hours but has the knack to enjoy what he's doing.

In your quest mastery of time management and balance are essential. I like Michael Geld's stuff. He's got books on modeling yourself after famous genius's, but more importantly he had a great podcast about enjoying wine, enjoying food. In the play 1001 Nights, the wisest person in the world was asked to give the secret of life. She said it in 2 words. Cultivate Enthusiasm.

Pretty true if you ask me. Good luck and don't screw yourself up with drugs.

• Like 4

http://www.winwenger.com/ebooks/guaran.htm

Imagestreaming.

Tesla, Einstein, Maxwell, virtually every major scientific Genius that ever lived had a visual imagination so strong they could create synthetic mental realities to test ideas and gain insight.

Developing your minds eye to the degree you cannot distinguish between it and actual reality is the key to improving intelligence.

Also, a supplement you may want to look into.

hericium erinaceus, a rare edible gourmet mushroom. It has compounds which mimic the effects of nerve growth factor.

You can oder plug kits and grow your own on logs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hericium_erinaceus

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18758067

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

After reading the book Mega Brain, I've found out that one of the secrets about Einstein's brain prowess might have been the ratio of glial cells to neurons. Basically Einstein was a very rare case as his brain autopsy showed that he had an enormous amount of glial cells per neuron.

The only compund that I've heard can enlarge the size of glial cells is Royal Jelly. I wonder if that could help...

Lion's mane is a good idea I should grow it.

@thelerner - I was really great at playing the piano. I have all kinds of awards on my wall from different contests. But being a musician is A: too time consuming (7-8 hours of playing per day at least) and B: paid really poorly. What good is extreme intelligence if you have to live like a bum with it.

to an extent I believe this is a result of past karma - if you have cultivated many things in the past and have a favorable birth exposing you to many things at a young age in this lifetime, how can one not wind up being a jack of all trades? you cant cultivate your brain to grow more glial cells, such things are an outcome, a byproduct. sure the physical can assist in making good great or mediocre, but the root of reality runs more deeply than that.

Well first its important to know yourself so that the subjects can be truly applicable

to you and your well-being. knowledge of self is more important than being smart.

and after you have to change your mindset. if you know in your mind that your are

smart then you will be. once you've sent out this thought pattern to the universe, it

will assist you in doing the things necessary to cultivate and develop your intelligence.

1. Read a lot of books, study a bunch of different subjects.

2. Eat healthy (veggies, fruits and seeds)

3. Increase your vocabulary (check words in the dictionary, learn a new word everyday)

4. Take some time to yourself to think and analyze certain subjects, relate it to the world at large

5. Did i mention read? Yes, read read read read read. Reading comprehensive books expands

your mind like no other. Go to the library, used book store, amazon.com...just read whatever it

is that interests you. If it's capturing your attention span then thats all that matters.

I constantly meet very high functioning people, who jump through all the right hoops, earn doctorates, are highly esteemed in the academic systems. These same people often seem to lack an imagination.

Why not set some actual goals for yourself as opposed to just getting them "super smartz"? What do you want to achieve with your brain juices? Sounds like an ego thing to me.

How do you relate to different types of people? People with drastically different beliefs then you? How is your personal intuition, and individual sense of morality?

I've always just wanted to be really good at one thing (besides laziness). I would rather be dumb than a mindless slave to goal oriented technological progress that most of our societies intelligence is used for.

• Like 1

I've been in places you would expect really bright people to find out the genius was mostly one-dimensional. If you want to be smart you will train body, mind, spirit, ethics and eat good food. Read some but practice is better than reading. There are always alot of laymen who read alot and never quite get it in any subject...

I have never seen or heard about people as smart as the guy from Limitless, thus I wouldn't consider the obvious methods to be of much help (exercise, read, whatever). We are talking big time visionary here. A person who is a master of the relative (fake) reality.

We are all the master of our own relative reality. You think if someone had the secret infinite intelligence, at least beyond known human limits, that they would be posting on an internet forum based on toaism? Maybe part of the solution you seek is to stop waiting for eggs to come out of the cow. :)

I find this thread amusing, because I find the idea of objective genius silly. Look at what the great chemists and physicists have given us. We are further from our true nature than ever possible before the human ego took control, and we still know nothing about our place in the universe.

• Like 1

Whatsup crew.

Has anyone here had success with the photoreading technique? I looked up youtube videos of the general technique and it seemed plausible. Unfortunately I am struggling to put the technique into action.

I am currently studying for finals and am going over A TON of lecture slides so if I could master this technique it would make my studying infinitely easier.

My first attempt was an unfocused gaze through the powerpoint slides which was combined with one breath per slide. I attempted to take in all of the information simultaneously with no conscious processing. I then went over all slides and stopped at key topics for a more in-depth look. I haven't been able to recover this info very effectively so any input would be much appreciated.

let's pursue some more IQ :D

theNERD