Yoda

Gopi Krishna Video on Kundalini Awakening

Gopi Krishna is one of the first people in the modern era to teach about kundalini awakening both in its positive and negative aspects. Took him 15 years after his awakening to stabilize the experience and he had many challenges in the process. Fortunately, we have much better programs that gently ease us into this level of functioning more gradually and easily than he had.

Looks like the vid is about an hour long. I think this was his last talk before he croaked.

http://www.ecomall.com/gopikrishna/

The first half is superior the second half goes off course. Doesn't really cover his recommended methods of cultivation as I had hoped, just very general stuff.

He does have a nice, simple way of explaining things. Here's an example:

Evolution Must Have Its Share

But it has not to be abused, because this energy is designed by nature both for evolution and procreation. And evolution must have its share. It would be saner to conserve the energy, even to be a celibate than it would be to overspend it. This is the reason why celibacy has been recommended in religions. Otherwise there is no reason. Why should religion in some way insist that you have to be celibate unless the energy is used in some way?

But we need not go to that extreme. The rational, normal and natural course is to adjust our life so that we allow that part which is meant for our evolution to be used for that purpose.

There are some facts that show that nature is always giving us warnings. For instance, many people, after the climax, after the expenditure of the energy, feel a sense of disgust or coldness, antipathy, or great tiredness. That is a warning from nature that they have overdone it. After the sexual climax, man should feel as energetic as before. That means he has not used or taken from the amount that is needed for evolution.

There's more like that in the link above. Just nice, sensible stuff from this chap.

• Like 1

There are some facts that show that nature is always giving us warnings. For instance, many people, after the climax, after the expenditure of the energy, feel a sense of disgust or coldness, antipathy, or great tiredness. That is a warning from nature that they have overdone it. After the sexual climax, man should feel as energetic as before. That means he has not used or taken from the amount that is needed for evolution. [/i]

I really like that. Not only makes sense, but resonates with my experience.

I've often thought that one reason for sustained celibacy was simply that it would cause a build-up powerful enough to provide one's first sensation of energy, for those who haven't experienced energy in other ways.