Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Animal Flesh and the Fall of Man.

Or you can tell me some lies that make you feel better about yourself, just dont expect me to believe them.

Why not? Why not let old feeble Marblehead feel better about himself? It doesn't cost you anything.

Where is the love?

Nothing wrong with your desires and aspirations.

Some have tried before, most have failed. I think that the failures is due to just the why the human animal is.

I have no idea how one would go about doing this as I have never considered it.

I have learned how to live well within the system and still be pretty much of an anarchist.

The choices are our own, you know. We can elect to live within the system or try to live outside the system.

But don't expect me to just give you what you need while you are sitting on your butt doing nothing to help. You gotta' put something into it before you are allowed to take something out of it.

Actually, eating meat is only a problem for a very few. But again, if they decide to not eat meat that is their choice. But I ask others to not try to make my choices for me. That would cause conflict.

I have nothing to put into it without the help of my peers. i am useless alone and have no "alone intrinsic value". my intrinsic worth is with the cooperation of people(s). Like a glue that holds together the binding of a book. without the pages, the glue serves no purpose for the book.

You're one of my favorite pages. but i cant tell if you want to be in our book or not?

Im just the glue that wants the pages held together properly so that none of the pages is invalidated, discarded, or depreciated.

The lifeways of the tribal peoples across the globe are the pages i wish to bind together in the book of human life.

Will i be helpped, or will i be expected to "put something into it before you are allowed to take something out of it." ?

you have it ass backwards. the children inherit the earth, they dont buy it from their ancestors and elders.

Why not? Why not let old feeble Marblehead feel better about himself? It doesn't cost you anything.

Where is the love?

The love is in verbatim. if i didnt love him, i wouldnt accept any of his ways, so much so to even mimick his speech.

Tough love is not something americans are often familiar with, it's almost been legally abolished. one is no longer allowed to discipline their children, but expected to allow them to run around, hay-wire, and then feed them pills to curb that energy.

And what, im not supposed to be filled with divine, righteous indignation?

• Like 2

I won't speak to your next post but I do want to speak to this one

I have nothing to put into it without the help of my peers. i am useless alone and have no "alone intrinsic value". my intrinsic worth is with the cooperation of people(s). Like a glue that holds together the binding of a book. without the pages, the glue serves no purpose for the book.

Are you sure you are not selling yourself short? Even alone I am sure you have someting to give that would be of value to others. It doesn't have to be something material, maybe just something you can do.

You're one of my favorite pages. but i cant tell if you want to be in our book or not?

Oh, don't ask me. When I am gone I hope I have left very few footprints and that all of those were something useful to someone. But if I make an impression on anyone I hope it is something positive. (Yeah, we won't talk about me years ago, some not-nice things were done.)

Im just the glue that wants the pages held together properly so that none of the pages is invalidated, discarded, or depreciated.

No, you are one of the pages too. Yes, go ahead, be the glue. That would be great.

The lifeways of the tribal peoples across the globe are the pages i wish to bind together in the book of human life.

But remember to include the bad as well as the good. Examples of bad can be teaching tools for the good.

Will i be helpped, or will i be expected to "put something into it before you are allowed to take something out of it." ?

Will you sit on your butt and wait for others to bring to you what you need and want or will you put out the effort to seek and even work for what you need and desire?

There is a song, words something like, unlock the door, I will do the rest myself.

If noone offers you an opportunity then create your own opportunities.

you have it ass backwards. the children inherit the earth, they dont buy it from their ancestors and elders.

No, the children are given the mistakes of their elders. It is up to them to correct those mistakes or let them be and make their own mistakes as well.

The machine won't work until someone repairs/replaces the broken parts.

Sure, some inherit the wealth of their elders. Those are rare. The rest of us have to work for what we want. One way or another.

• Like 1

if i am a page, i am a page that no one wants to read.

If i am the glue: what good is a glue that has nothing to bond?

What opportunities are there? how do i create something (opportunity) out of nothing?

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

There was suposed to be a system in place in the west long time ago. You know like in tibet where the lamas or monks go out and find the reincarnated when they are first born of very young. Dharma came to the west a long time ago in the form of brave and bright souls most of whome achieve their part in supra consciouness and then find there is no where to go with it. The Dharma needs Sangah or community for people already on their path to be useful in. There are places being built at this time in several countriea, but the process seems too slow since we are already decades behinds. It's a Bodhisattva free-for-all.

• Like 2

wow geeze... that's pinpoint precise and concise. You wield the words better than I.

Turns out the only spiritually-acceptable communities are online...

And i want them in REAL life, but they only exist here in the tao bums, there at prboards.spiritsense.com, hidden inside Astral Society, and possibly still clinging to life in hidden truths.

I've been a member of all these spiritual communities, always seeking a REAL community in the REAL world, made up of REAL people, represented by their REAL bodies, no computers necessary.

There's one being built in india to house 10,000 aspirants. There are places in europe and us, but they're kinda secretive.

What opportunities are there? how do i create something (opportunity) out of nothing?

Ah!, once again you leave me in a position where I can give no advise.

But I will say that things aren't as bad as they might sometimes appear.

Just today someone told me that I could make a lot of money converting gas cars to electric cars while they were looking at mine. "No, no, no." I said. (I have enough. I leave the rest for others.)

Whatever you ever have done, or are now,

is partly the result of that which you had nothing to do with

and partly what you chose to do.

The repercussions of those choices

will inevitably roll down till the ends of time

Looked at objectively , without bias about goodness or badness

the result is ...what was your 'effect' , nothing more nothing less

big or small effect ,again, is objectively irrelevant

The only intrinsic 'worth' , that is objective, is that you played your part

Whatever part it was.

Just like sparrows and dandelions, you, me, they, it all, has intrinsic worth.

Or both intrinsic and extrinsic value-worth is all illusion too.

Feeling one has value , helps to answer the fundemental question of our existance,

What do I do now?

Because one is then positively motivated to fulfill their worth ,

to live.

You have intrinsic worth

Humanity has intrinsic worth

whether or not ,others find you to have extrinsic value- to them.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

Ah!, once again you leave me in a position where I can give no advise.

But I will say that things aren't as bad as they might sometimes appear.

Just today someone told me that I could make a lot of money converting gas cars to electric cars while they were looking at mine. "No, no, no." I said. (I have enough. I leave the rest for others.)

Why not take on an apprentice in order to leave it to others? you leave nothing to those you dont teach.

Whatever you ever have done, or are now,

is partly the result of that which you had nothing to do with

and partly what you chose to do.

The repercussions of those choices

will inevitably roll down till the ends of time

Looked at objectively , without bias about goodness or badness

the result is ...what was your 'effect' , nothing more nothing less

big or small effect ,again, is objectively irrelevant

The only intrinsic 'worth' , that is objective, is that you played your part

Whatever part it was.

Just like sparrows and dandelions, you, me, they, it all, has intrinsic worth.

Or both intrinsic and extrinsic value-worth is all illusion too.

Feeling one has value , helps to answer the fundemental question of our existance,

What do I do now?

Because one is then positively motivated to fulfill their worth ,

to live.

You have intrinsic worth

Humanity has intrinsic worth

whether or not ,others find you to have extrinsic value- to them.

Is that supposed to disseminate my drive to achieve and live out my own ideal life and community? it only encourages me to fight back ten times harder.

Why not take on an apprentice in order to leave it to others? you leave nothing to those you dont teach.

Is that supposed to disseminate my drive to achieve and live out my own ideal life and community? it only encourages me to fight back ten times harder.

Great ! then fight back ten times harder !

You win either way

Have a nice weekend too.

:)

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

i lack both support and knowledge of an effective course of action. so i flail hopelessly like a fish out of water on the internet communities that are the closest thing to a real-life community which i seek, in attempt to find a real community, or other people to help me make and maintain that community... no money, no taxes, no capital. just humans living life in harmony with nature and free will.

So... help a fish out?

:lol: or rather i should say help a fish into a proper eco-system for her "physiology" ;) fresh water fish dont do as well in the ocean, and im not a trout.

Oh!, I have done that many times. Sometimes there was success and sometimes there was failure. I have no idea if it was because of the teacher or the student in each.

I am not shy. I always talk with people. When I take my electric Honda out and someone asks me about it I always give them as much time as they need to ask their questions. Perhaps I can inspire others to be more energy conscious.

I taught when I was in the Army (three duty assignments as instructor at a service school).

I taught in one of my jobs after I got out of the Army.

I regret that you weren't there. You may have gained something.

I have had people ask me about building a fish pond after they have seen mine. I tell them I will give them advice but I won't do the work. No one has come back for advice. I won't do other people's work for them (with the exception of a couple people in my life).

• Like 1

So... help a fish out?

:lol: or rather i should say help a fish into a proper eco-system for her "physiology" ;) fresh water fish dont do as well in the ocean, and im not a trout.

There is room for another fish in my ponds. But you must become a fish in order to live there. (I think there is some wisdom in that but I have no idea what it might be.)

• Like 2

i lack both support and knowledge of an effective course of action. so i flail hopelessly like a fish out of water on the internet communities that are the closest thing to a real-life community which i seek, in attempt to find a real community, or other people to help me make and maintain that community... no money, no taxes, no capital. just humans living life in harmony with nature and free will.

So... help a fish out?

Eco-system? Living in harmony w/ nature takes a lot of work. Why should a community let you in? What would you add to it?

It's easy to talk about the joys of no money, no taxes, no capital.. but how hard are you willing to work for it? That's what people want to know, how hard you work now, how hard you'll work if you join. You could head to a Kibbutz next week or monastery next year, get food, room and board, but you'll work like hell, 10 or 12 hours in hot sun. You'll be paid zippo, but there's a great sense of community (not at first cause you're an outsider). If you're living at home with your parents thats the best 'free lunch' you're gonna get. Once you leave, expect hard work. Have you done it? Are you prepared to? Or are you searching for a place where nothing or only 'great thoughts' are expected of you and you eat and sleep for free?

I'm 'applying' to a commune like place to live for a week and what I'm telling them is I'm willing to work in the hot sun and provide gallons of home brew apfelwein too. I think that should persuade the Whiskey and Dust camp to let me in. It's not about how great I am, its about what I can do for them.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Eco-system? Living in harmony w/ nature takes a lot of work. Why should a community let you in? What would you add to it?

Fuck's sakes, that's a pretty banal question.

Why should a community let anyone be born?

why should a community strive to harmonize with nature only to suggestively say no one else is allowed because they dont know how to contribute?

How will i learn, without killing myself, if i dont have guidance in the way of harmonizing?

How hard CAN i work for it if i have no work that guides me TO it?

Valid points there above Atom Ant.

I have actually heard those from another young man a while back.

I don't know about where you live but there are Day Labor and Temporary Labor agencies in most cities. Doesn't pay much above minimum wage but it is one way to get some work experience.

it's a conflict of interest.... to pursue life skills from services or businesses that go against my very pursuits themselves! Why would i engage in my pursuits of being unindebted with corporal exchange through any services which contribute to a system that enforces unnatural corporal debt?

it's a conflict of interest.... to pursue life skills from services or businesses that go against my very pursuits themselves! Why would i engage in my pursuits of being unindebted with corporal exchange through any services which contribute to a system that enforces unnatural corporal debt?

I have no idea what you are talking about. Unless you are saying that you just don't want to work.

I have no debt. Sure, I have to pay taxes but that is small because my income is small. You are sounding like PMG in that you want more pie but you have no idea how to make one and you don't want to take the time to learn how to make one.

Well, you go ahead with your dreams. But that is all they will ever be, dreams. Your parents will one day die and you will have their house if you are an only child.

Sign in to follow this