SantaRosaGuy

Past Lives Just a Myth?

It's been bothering me for a while now ... the whole past lives thing. It seems like if anybody had past lives, like they'd remember something about them? Does anybody else think this whole past life thing is made up nonsense?

Yes, this used to bother me too, until one day I mentioned this same question to someone and they asked me if I remembered being born lol. No I don't, but obviously I was :-P.

• Like 1

Yes, this used to bother me too, until one day I mentioned this same question to someone and they asked me if I remembered being born lol. No I don't, but obviously I was :-P.

sometimes I have great difficulty in remembering what I had to eat two days ago! a week ago - impossible! last year.........aagghh not a chance unless I write it in a journal!

I believe we are being protected by not being able to remember our past lives. It would send us to the crazy house! Maybe schizophrenics are able to remember theirs - would you like to suffer thus? I have worked in the mental health profession, and have seen the pain and suffering endured by schizophrenics; many are drugged senseless to make it easy for the staff, and in some extreme cases for the safety of the patient. Its just a thought, something to entertain you in the dark or light hours.

Their will be enlightened souls able to remember their past lives, but they will not advertise the fact. For me enlightened simply means being in the now, having removed all the filters of the mind. Seeing and being - pure. Virginal. Wonderful place to be.

We are eternal conscious beings. Unfortunately many of us have been conditioned from the womb onwards, so its a life long pilgrimage to remove the filters(conditioning). One of my 'conditions' was being judgemental(a behaviour picked up from my Mother), without consciously thinking the thought I would be watching in horror as a negative thought(to me) would appear. My Mum had a harsh and cutting tongue, even to her own flesh and blood! Fat* people would come under attack, and I found myself doing the same without engineering such thoughts - they would just appear; thankfully I am nowhere as near as bad as I used to be. If the thought/s appear I just witness and don't connect, and when no thought appears I am truly content.

Sorry for veering off topic with that!

Consciousness rocks!!!

Namaste,

gentlewind

* funny thing is I almost reached 20 stones due to my medications and chronic health so who the heck am I to judge!!! I am now 17 stones, as my appetite goes into decline - a good thing I trust!

14lbs = 1 stone

20 stone = 280lbs

17 stone = 238lbs

I am over 6ft tall.

• Like 1

I'm so old that I have countless past lives in one lifetime. I remember a beginningless and endlessness sort of thing in which I was never me so I can't remember past not me. My body was born and then "I" was created. After that "I" forgot before I, Then I decided to turn around and walk back into the door of life. Reincarnation sure thing I have reincarnated and changed many times already.

• Like 1

I'm so old that I have countless past lives in one lifetime. I remember a beginningless and endlessness sort of thing in which I was never me so I can't remember past not me. My body was born and then "I" was created. After that "I" forgot before I, Then I decided to turn around and walk back into the door of life. Reincarnation sure thing I have reincarnated and changed many times already.

Can you elaborate?

Does anyone know how to connect with past life experiences? I know Astral Projection might get 'er done, but I imagine that A.P is not a necessary step.

Does anyone know how to connect with past life experiences? I know Astral Projection might get 'er done, but I imagine that A.P is not a necessary step.

I have regressed through meditation, went back to a life when I was a monk in the 15 or 1600's. It was a guided meditation. Can't remember which one but their are videos on You Tube which may be of help.

Just come across this

http://vividlife.me/ultimate/16332/uncovering-the-past-one-life-at-a-time/

Namaste,

gentlewind

Edited by gentlewind
  • Like 1

I "Hope" Life is a cycle & that we keep re-incarnating, until we've learnt / experienced all we need to, to progress. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Everything is Life, nothing is death

You are the Sacred Breath

All That Is

This physical arena is just one small part of our eternal journey. The orthodox religions have muddied the spiritual waters, have drowned those who became hooked on their poisonous fisherman's hook.

Go within. All you are, all you need is there.

No sacred writings required.

No visits to churches or temples or synagogues required.

Your Sacred Temple is within You,

Your Sacred Temple also envelopes You.

The trick is to enJOY your ride.

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 3

Gentlewind, like that a lot.

==========

But this afternoon my Breath has been anything but sacred, hopefully some Minty Chewing Gum is helping out !

• Like 1

Gentlewind, like that a lot.

==========

But this afternoon my Breath has been anything but sacred, hopefully some Minty Chewing Gum is helping out !

Thanks Basher :D

Namaste,

gentlewind

Edited by gentlewind

Hi hello. I'm new here. There seems to be all this confusing in past lifes. Is there really a past life or a future life? There is only the now. Yet the time line is a circle. Through mediations one can remember any past live. It kind of like playing a video tape. People definitly remember past lives.It depends on how well you tuned in to your subconscience.

Hi hello. I'm new here. There seems to be all this confusing in past lifes. Is there really a past life or a future life? There is only the now. Yet the time line is a circle. Through mediations one can remember any past live. It kind of like playing a video tape. People definitly remember past lives.It depends on how well you tuned in to your subconscience.

I avoid using the term 'their is only now', because their isn't ! Its a constant flow, the present is always never present because it can't be. I'm in the 'present' - oops its gone ! The present is a constant flow, hence my use of the word flow rather than present.

and welcome greendog, hope you enjoy your time here.

Yesterday is now a myth...................................

Namaste,

gentlewind

I have experienced recall of many past lives. There are methods which anyone can learn to apply and thus recall (or relive) them with ease.

In the 60's we had a small group who worked on this topic daily. The general consensus was that we all went through similar view points during this experience.

(1) We all had the "Oh I'm imagining all this." concept. Soon replaced with a silent awe.

(2) We would see people we know in this life in an earlier one and could often see where we developed this or that feeling about this person or why we react to them in a certain way...and in this life we would still be acting the same toward them.

(3) A LOT of our present life attitudes were developed earlier...but we still acted them out this time around. Thus our actions were not always logical in this life...where in the earlier life acting in a certain way made perfect sense.

A word of caution. DO NOT USE HYPNOSIS TO ENTER PAST LIVES. Were all the memories pleasant? Of course not. Some were and some weren't fun to recall. We usually ran the life up until death, then we would let the person describe their death and if possible the state after death.

I'm not sure if posting this helps any but thought I'd add my two cents worth.

I am Norbu

I'm constantly reminded of the cyclical nature of life.

From one perspective, it seems like a circle, Summer Fall Winter Spring Summer...

From a different perspective I see it as an open spiral, each Summer is unique, so even though it's Summer again, this is not last Summer. For me it's not a closed loop, but a growth pattern. A natural flow.

I see all life this way. Spirals of cyclical energy, flowing. Each a condition of each others' growth.

Unity even in apparent discord.

As Above, So Below.

As Within, Without.

I get the sense I've only lived one other human life and a myriad of various others, but I rarely think or meditate on past lives.

I personally have no memories of past lives, but I have always known from a young age (a child) that my consciousness is seperate from my physical body and have therefore never been afraid of death. I would recommend reading a book which can be downloaded for free called thiaoouba prophecy. I don't want to give too much away, but it contains LOADS of must read info!