skydog

Vegetarians...what is your breakfast, lunch and dinner like?

Gotta agree with you on the eggplants. Would only eat those if someone hid them in a salad or something. ;)

It's not that I don't like them, it's just that you know; enough's enough. Like rice.

Curious thing happened today I was eating my mom's delicious pasta (Original Italian homemade style salsa) and I got a few forks into it when I suddenly found myself disgusted and had a near-vomit experience.

Last time this happened I became sick to my stomach, bloated with gas as if something was rotten within me. Very unpleasant, could my body be rejecting the delicious pasta? why? I was fine this morning.

• Like 1

Curious thing happened today I was eating my mom's delicious pasta (Original Italian homemade style salsa) and I got a few forks into it when I suddenly found myself disgusted and had a near-vomit experience.

Last time this happened I became sick to my stomach, bloated with gas as if something was rotten within me. Very unpleasant, could my body be rejecting the delicious pasta? why? I was fine this morning.

I actually had that kind of experience kick off my vegetarianism as a teen. I just couldn't eat chicken which was among my favorite foods before that and almost vomited. Before I knew it I had decided I was vegetarian. Maybe you were reading my mind because I was thinking about that experience when I wrote earlier about having reasons. ;) I was undergoing extensive testing at the hospital regularly around that time including endoscopy and other unpleasant things. Strangely enough my unhealthy veg diet solved the problem then and I stuck to it for some years.

usually oatmeal and pears with cinnamon, soy milk, and sometimes a few shakes of nutritional yeast for extra vitamins, including vitamin B12. I'll also sometimes put nutritional yeast in soy milk with cinnamon and a bit of raw sugar, or mix soy milk and pure pineapple juice for a sort of smoothie. mmmmm.

Apricot heffeweizen? That sounds fascinating, although I can't decide whether it sounds tasty or not. :P

I need to find meals that take less than five minutes to prepare but are still healthy. That seems to be hard to do.

The apricot heffeweizen (a somewhat local microbrew) was fantastic.

Five minutes to prepare basically limits you to salads with pre-prepared ingredients, sandwiches or smoothies. For salads I'm a huge fan of rice/mung bean noodles, shan tofu (a burmese chickpea tofu-like preparation), and various herbs, nuts, etc..., for making south-east asian style salads. For sandwiches having hummus, tzatziki and some boiled eggs on hand is great, you can throw in just about any veggie, green or sprout and make something tasty.

Tonight dinner is veggie burgers (home-made chickpea/potato/veggie patty) with jerk seasoning (the wifey is Caribbean, loves spicy food), on home-made sesame buns. Probably will garnish with some grilled mushrooms, tomatoes, and some kinda tasty cheese.

My breakfast is usually hot lemon water, breathing with intent and stretching.

Lunch varies, most days 4-5 a week. I'll make the following smoothie and divide it into two portions.

I drink one at around 9 am and the other around noon.

1 ear of corn, cut off the cob

1 fuji apple quartered (for space)

1/2 lime, peel off the green leaving the pith (the green is just too bitter for me)

1 avocado with the pit (3hp blender a must)

1 medium beet

1/2 cucumber w/peel

handful of strawberries

1" of ginger

3 sprigs of mint

3 sprigs of cilantro

handful of goji berries

Dinner varies. We eat some chicken and fish, but in moderation. No red meat or pork.

Lots of salads, steamed veggies, brown rice, lentils, beans, soups.

usually oatmeal and pears with cinnamon, soy milk, and sometimes a few shakes of nutritional yeast for extra vitamins, including vitamin B12. I'll also sometimes put nutritional yeast in soy milk with cinnamon and a bit of raw sugar, or mix soy milk and pure pineapple juice for a sort of smoothie. mmmmm.

Thank you!!

At the moment

Breakfast

bananas + oranges

10+ of any combination

Lunch

bananas + oranges

10+ of any combination

Dinner

Quinoa, Buckwheat, Lentils as a primary (in different combinations or singular) / potatoes

with an avocado occasionally +/ greens +/ pine nuts

Maybe a few herbs throughout the day in small amounts

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

Dinner for me was a Thai green curry. All I did was substitute the chicken for chickpeas and corn.

Preferring a vegetarian diet, I find you just have to substitute.

• Like 1

Today.

Brekky: Mashed Pilchards on Brown Toast.

Lunch: Some cake.

Tea ( Dinner): Baked Cauliflower cheese, fresh spuds ( just dug up) and runner beans ( just picked). Choc Ice for afters.

Supper: Some biscuits.

Beverages.

Yorkshire Tea.

Water.

Maybe a cuppa cocoa before bed.

Edited by GrandmasterP

At the moment

Breakfast

bananas + oranges

10+ of any combination

Lunch

bananas + oranges

10+ of any combination

Dinner

Quinoa, Buckwheat, Lentils as a primary (in different combinations or singular) / potatoes

with an avocado occasionally +/ greens +/ pine nuts

Maybe a few herbs throughout the day in small amounts

Dude, are you saying you could eat 20 bananas in a day??

Today.

Brekky: Mashed Pilchards on Brown Toast.

Lunch: Some cake.

Tea ( Dinner): Baked Cauliflower cheese, fresh spuds ( just dug up) and runner beans ( just picked). Choc Ice for afters.

Supper: Some biscuits.

Beverages.

Yorkshire Tea.

Water.

Maybe a cuppa cocoa before bed.

Haha, we have the same supper. Sometimes interchangeable with "lunch".

Now I don't know how you managed to have "lunch" and "tea"...where I'm from, it's "lunch" and "dinner". Where I am now, it has to be, "dinner" then "tea".

Damn Yorkshire.

Morning:

Half a liter of green tea, two brown sandwiches, with goat cheese and bio jam. Sometimes muesli with yogurt instead of that. A banana and a cup of coffee some time later.

Lunch;

Two brown sandwiches again, with eggs and tomatoes with salt and pepper and a little bit of mayonnaise. A peach and buttermilk, all organic. Green tea again.

Chocolate usually with tea.

Dinner:

Quiche with onions and cheese, lettuce freshly picked from the garden. Or risotto with zuchini or spinach with garlic and onions. Yogurt with homemade red berry sauce. Or some tiramisu, nom nom.

In the evening some green tea or some caffeine free coffee and a biscuit.

On days when meat is not on the menu:

First thing in the morning, glass of water + 15 drops of Echinacea.

After about half an hour - Juice, either freshly squeezed orange or grapefruit, or a combo. Occasionally add a teaspoon of cider vinegar. Breakfast itself could vary, from very simple, which is 2 toast, buttered, marmalade, raspberry jam or honey, and coffee... Or, on indulgent mornings, scrambled eggs, toast and coffee. Some cheddar cheese or Port Salut on the side, optional. Followed by a kiwifruit or plum with 2 or 3 dollops of plain, organic yogurt.

A supplement capsule.

Lunch - Again, it varies. Some days could be tofu, veg + seaweed soup noodles, other days pasta with cream sauce, spinach and broad beans, or a simple melted cheese sandwich, or vege burgers with a side salad of greens, olives, tomatoes and mozzarella, drizzled with organic balsamic vinegar and some olive oil. Chinese teas, Oolong or Green.

Dinner - Oh, it depends on the season and day's activities. Light dinners on warm days, for example, flash-fried veg from the Asian market, tofu, fermented yellow beans, minced garlic, and a steaming bowl of jasmine rice. On cooler evenings, maybe lentil + veg curry with jasmine rice and/or chapatti, or chickpea + veg stew, or mushroom cannelloni, depends on my mood. Dessert is usually fresh fruits and a scoop of Haagen Dazs ice-cream. Pot of Earl Grey or Assam tea on the table most evenings. Some days, we would eat out with friends; other days we don't have dinner at all -- just some fruits and maybe a cup of tea.

Munchies like biscuits, crisps, nuts are rare between meals. Just plenty of water usually.

• Like 1

I'm not a veggie but my kids are. I just made a mushroom pot pie. Cut up a large yellow onion. Sauteed it in olive oil and ghee. Added portabella and crimini shrooms plus soy sauce to the pan. Nuked some organic frozen vegetables, added them. Added more soy sauce then a few tablespoons of heavy cream. Poured it into a casserole dish, spread out some buttermilk muffin dough on top and baked for 17 minutes.

Very good and it was about 6 or 7 meals worth. I like pot pies.

I'm not a veggie but my kids are. I just made a mushroom pot pie. Cut up a large yellow onion. Sauteed it in olive oil and ghee. Added portabella and crimini shrooms plus soy sauce to the pan. Nuked some organic frozen vegetables, added them. Added more soy sauce then a few tablespoons of heavy cream. Poured it into a casserole dish, spread out some buttermilk muffin dough on top and baked for 17 minutes.

Very good and it was about 6 or 7 meals worth. I like pot pies.

Mmm... yum! I love pies too, my fav is steak & kidney! (oops, off-topic). With some buttered mashed potatoes, a generous sprinkling of chives or scallions! Really tasty. :)

Dinner was fresh picked squash, fresh picked tomatoes, and fresh picked peas. MMMMNNN! A literal feast!

Qi glow was very bright just buzzing off these home-grown veggies.

• Like 1

Dinner was fresh picked squash, fresh picked tomatoes, and fresh picked peas. MMMMNNN! A literal feast!

Qi glow was very bright just buzzing off these home-grown veggies.

YA!!!! get that buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz going :D :D

Haha, we have the same supper. Sometimes interchangeable with "lunch".

Now I don't know how you managed to have "lunch" and "tea"...where I'm from, it's "lunch" and "dinner". Where I am now, it has to be, "dinner" then "tea".

Damn Yorkshire.

Same here when I was a kid.

Dinner time was mid day and tea time was half five-ish.

We're posh now hence 'Lunch & Dinner' but I still like to call it Teatime.