Sign in to follow this  
hungry

The quickest and perhaps the only way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

I came to the realization that perhaps the quickest way and the only way to open up a man's heart to compassion is to starve him of food.

When a man is starving for food, he will begin to think about all the meals in his life, whether it be alone or with family or friends or lover..

He will begin to understand that every morsel of food put into his mouth is a gift from God and it is just enough to be truly Happy NOW to be eating even a simple plate of rice or noodles and with no other desires in your heart.

But when most people eat their God-Given food, they do so unconsciously as though it is their right to eat such food without any thought of gratitude to God or without any realization that it is only by the grace of God then do they get to eat their food.

A mans appetite is tied to his stomach not his heart. To deprive the man of food is to be searching instead for his worst instincts. If a god wanted men to have unlimited food , he could have made a better paradigm than for man to kill to eat ,eat to live , and die to be eaten.

Probably, yes. Are you a troll or just silly?

Someone inviting debate , probably, without being terribly weighty about it.

I came to the realization that perhaps the quickest way and the only way to open up a man's heart to compassion is to starve him of food. When a man is starving for food, he will begin to think about all the meals in his life, whether it be alone or with family or friends or lover.. He will begin to understand that every morsel of food put into his mouth is a gift from God and it is just enough to be truly Happy NOW to be eating even a simple plate of rice or noodles and with no other desires in your heart. But when most people eat their God-Given food, they do so unconsciously as though it is their right to eat such food without any thought of gratitude to God or without any realization that it is only by the grace of God then do they get to eat their food.

Interesting. I'm not sure I'd say hungry people are necessarily 'Godlier'. Still its food for thought.

Certainly your traditional monks eat very little, very slowly. Most traditions have a prayer component before food, to slow down and give thanks. That heart felt thanks may be the key, as much hunger.

I came to the realization that perhaps the quickest way and the only way to open up a man's heart to compassion is [...]

In my opinion, fasting is just one of the tools because it promotes purification, but it's not all the business.

Otherwise, starving children in africa should be overwhelmed from compassion...

hridaya.gif

Dont mess with my food

Its just not optional

Someone wants to play with their own?

Don't care at all.

I think its quite a literal saying, our energy has to pass from its origin in the lower Dan tien up through the stomach area before it gets to the heart, so yeah the way to a man's heart goes through his stomach.

Oh , so be it then ,now made clear. It was the gratitude to god part that was pointing me away from your solution.

Edited by Stosh

Sign in to follow this