Marblehead

Watching The Birds

20 hours ago, Nungali said:

?  ' A  poor will '  ?   Did you mean a  ' whippoorwill ' ?

Apparently there are more varieties of poorwill's.  As I was trying to research the bird's call 'poor wills' came up as a possibility (I would have thought it was 'whiporwill' too).

I think I have the mystery bird tagged.  The long eared owl has many calls - and what I heard was one of them.  He was only there for 2 nights, now he seems to be gone.  But the behavior was right, too, and we do have them in the desert.  Active at dusk, which is when I hear him, and liking to roost in heavily foliaged trees, right next to an open space.  He was in a tree on the golf course.

Speaking of nice birdies, I fell in love with the Montezuma's oropendolas in Costa Rica.  I've been trying to snag a picture for us on the internet, but my computer skills are legendary and I'm unable to figger it out....

12 hours ago, manitou said:

Apparently there are more varieties of poorwill's.  As I was trying to research the bird's call 'poor wills' came up as a possibility (I would have thought it was 'whiporwill' too).

I think I have the mystery bird tagged.  The long eared owl has many calls - and what I heard was one of them.  He was only there for 2 nights, now he seems to be gone.  But the behavior was right, too, and we do have them in the desert.  Active at dusk, which is when I hear him, and liking to roost in heavily foliaged trees, right next to an open space.  He was in a tree on the golf course.

Speaking of nice birdies, I fell in love with the Montezuma's oropendolas in Costa Rica.  I've been trying to snag a picture for us on the internet, but my computer skills are legendary and I'm unable to figger it out....

d446e6c53ea2a543fb94b5da2bc3a2ab.jpg

find picture >  right button  'mouse' click on the picture > select 'copy image location' > set cursor in TTB posting box where you want the image  > right click > select  'paste ' .

... ummm , just in case your 'legendary skills'  where under rated ..............  find a picture on the internet, on your screen , that is  - dont try to right click on a picture on the wall     ;)