Marblehead

Watching The Birds

Bassian Thrush .... a 'ground runner' .   I wrote about them before , they are perfectly disguised amongst  the forest litter floor . I can never see him until he does a little run    ........................  stop   -  goes invisible  , run  .......................   stop again - invisible  :)

447205.jpg

Anywayz, one got inside today , funny little guy. Most birds just fly for a window and flutter against  it so I hand catch them very carefully and hold them and get a chance to check them out up close  . Or the windows are open and they just fly out. Today all the windows were open.  But not this guy, he is ground runner ;  around the chairs, under the table -  with me chasing him :D  .  Then he got under the bed .    Eventually I herded him towards an open door and he gets to the door step and  ...  then  he     jumps up  and flies away    :rolleyes:  .

I like it when the critters visit .  Micro bats , grey thrushes, butcher birds,  pythons, goanna   (but he is a bit big and tends to go into a panic when he realises I am  actually   home  and    just sitting still and watching him , has big claws, goes into a panic  and does the slippery floor thing   :D  )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Nungali said:

pythons, 

(The serpent which came forth from the earth has risen; the flame which came forth from Nun is fallen)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, manitou said:

(The serpent which came forth from the earth has risen; the flame which came forth from Nun is fallen)

Indeed.     Two serpents  ;

Ungud of the earth    - rainbow serpent  (diamond python) , creator spirit .

23889176507_8f57b54a38_b.jpg

Wallenganda of  the night sky ,   the stars and Milky Way   - progenitor,  the seed of life from the stars .

Pseudechis%20guttatus_491_big.jpg

Spoiler

I just found an old post of mine from the now defunct tarot forum ;

Q.  " I can't seem to wrap my head around why he is what he is. Mem, one of the mother letters and one of three elemental cards, water, descending from Geburah to Hod. I can surmise he has something to do with physical birth, perhaps the pains of childbirth, hibernation, suspension, inactivity, receptiveness, etc. Still, if he must be the Dying God, I don't understand why, or why here. If he is "born" in Hod, does that signify a form of death and suffering? Is this to say all life is suffering? "

response;  " I often see this card (The Hanged Man)  as incarnation and in my own strange ways relate it to an indigenous myth here.

Ungud, the Earth snake ( Hanged man representing the souls desire to incarnate or maybe even the 'preformed Adam' - the dust of the Earth?) is on the earth, which is yet unformed, just a flat disc of sand ( the 'cross off the elements' the material world).

He looks up at Wallenganda, the black snake (the dark parts/river in the milky way - Binah)

Ungud sees Wallenganda's children and their campfires (stars) lighting up the river bank and becomes lonely . In sympathy Wallenganda spits some of her water (the waters of heaven - God's spit mixing with the dust of the Earth?) down towards the earth, (motion and force?) Ungud takers it up and 'gathers it together' (now Ungud has become rainbow serpent, Hod/ Mercury, he has stretched up to heaven to receive the life giving nature of the celestial waters ... his skin becomes rainbow coloured and flashing) He takes the water underground (Mercury as Psychopomp in its polarity aspect) and curls up in the water underground (the Great Artesian Basin under Australia) and goes to sleep and dreams (Yesod) in the dream he multiplies himself, and snakes out towards the surface and spreads out into the world, creating landscape (Malkuth).

But still, always at the heart inside the world (on the cross of the elements sleeping in the waters) he still exists ... like the Hanged Man.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

That is a cute bird! Did you take this picture or is this stock footage?

stock.

I am a 'lo-tech' ...  ( no smart phone,  I can barely work a laptop,  I dont even know what half those buttons on my TV remote are for .  Electronics often  frizz out around me )

The only pics of mine posted here I had to get a friend to set up ... even he had trouble doing it ... until I left the vicinity .

Even talking to me about such things may cause your electronics to fail.  I dont  know how this lap top has survived

... I could even be a 'security risk'

latest?cb=20150828180658

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Nungali said:

The only pics of mine posted here I had to get a friend to set up ... even he had trouble doing it ... until I left the vicinity .

I relate to that, electronics tend to get unhappy around me. wireless will just not work in my house.

and when something is off with my PC, my son knows that he has to ask mum to leave the vicinity , else the bloody thing does not want to be fixed.

being wiser now, when he has got it fixed, he then does a rerun with me sitting behind the darned thing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

dutch relation

I expected it to burp after eating that big worm at the beginning of the video.

Neat how it vibrates the ground then listens for movement then attacks.

lots of hummers used to visit regularly at our old place.  We get a few here, but no longer carry a feeder.  With three vital, feline bio predators in our home, it just doesn't seem proper to lure them near.

IMG_1583.thumb.JPG.3c1c8c64ffda1c077e392feca094838e.JPGIMG_1580.thumb.JPG.0d81de98b93dd4c11c130e3f6fabf9c4.JPG

in the eaves under the cabin sits a nest with three little bobbitz cheeping away insideIMG_3124.thumb.JPG.3926d3f494f870d1dbfb90f0a4d6733f.JPG

mom was constantly bringing home the bacon

IMG_3121.thumb.JPG.a0c438fc6c6f0401d86e9c7d336a9776.JPG

• Like 4

This is a territorial dispute in vancouver. 

The crows have been crossing the bridges, trying to find solace in the lighter places. The seagulls are not happy. They tear at the crows. 

The pigeons are as innocent and resilient as ever. They're quite beautiful in their own way. I like to watch them. I like to see them unconsciously organize themselves in patterns that they don't understand, but don't need to understand. I find their conscious confusion of the world to be adorable and endearing. They take care of eachother when they can, and while in some ways they may be covered in filth, their core is innocent. I also find the noise that they make to be quite soothing. 

• Like 4

I didn't pay them much attention in New York or Minnesota, but the pigeons here in Cali are gorgeous!  Their neck feathers, iridescent green and/or lavender are utterly captivating!

When playing Qi Gong in my living room, I'm often entertained while I look out the balcony sliding door onto the rooftop of the building east of us... the pigeons hang out there and walk their patterns you describe on that rooftop, their necks giving off little flashes of green n purple as they do their dance of life.

• Like 2

On 10/08/2018 at 12:44 AM, Nebulae Bred said:

This is a territorial dispute in vancouver. 

The crows have been crossing the bridges, trying to find solace in the lighter places. The seagulls are not happy. They tear at the crows. 

The pigeons are as innocent and resilient as ever. They're quite beautiful in their own way. I like to watch them. I like to see them unconsciously organize themselves in patterns that they don't understand, but don't need to understand. I find their conscious confusion of the world to be adorable and endearing. They take care of eachother when they can, and while in some ways they may be covered in filth, their core is innocent. I also find the noise that they make to be quite soothing. 

pigeons, we dont have them, but have the rainforest relation 'Wompoo pigeon'  or  'dove'   ...

c55c9011750c0157a990857686726828--fruit-

Makes a great call .... but I cant find one on internet  ???

• Like 2

DSCN0036.thumb.jpg.cc8245f849c9b2f68a7c54d742bec454.jpgFinally, I have captured one of the love birds. Not the best resolution because there was no time for adjustments. He was right over my head in the palm so I am surprised it came out as well as it did with just a point and shoot. I will keep trying for better shots of these beautiful, skittish, little creatures.

• Like 3

Spring is here ,  fireflies are out .  And 'Whippie' is back . he seems to think this is his summer home, running all around and under the cabin, through the garden outside and endless chattering away ... then he goes over to the bamboo grove and whips a  bit, and his mate responds.  the back into scuffling through the garden .

• Like 4

I saw a pair of blue jays today playing with each other in my backyard. I heard they can be quite aggressive and mean birds but these two, the almost seemed like family. I am planning on building a nice bird feeder with a pole in my yard so I can attract more birds to watch. I know my cats would enjoy it. 

• Like 1

It is true that Jays can be very aggressive (protective) but it is mainly the act of protecting their nest and young.  Once the young have flown the nest there is no longer a reason for the aggressive attitude and they just spend their time doing normal bird things.

I can't help but notice the post before this one.  My heart just shed a tear.  But isn't his last comment on this thread sort of indicative of his life?  He was a warrior for so many years.  And then he loved his fish and his quiet, normal life.

If there are any desert birders here (low desert) there has been a mysterious bird call coming from a deciduous tree, heavily foliaged possible fruit tree.  I did see a small brown bird with a tail that had a bit of pumping action - and I'm not even sure that's the bird I'm hearing.  (He could be a migrator through Coachella Valley, CA)  But this call is so strange and almost has a booming quality to it, so I can't picture that sound coming out of the little brown bird.

It's only one sound, a descending slide, using five consecutive notes.  But the descent has a very melodious quality to it and if the bird were trying to talk he might be saying COW - a real roundness to the sound.  Maybe middle C down to F.  I was thinking maybe a poor will of some sort, but I'm not finding the right sound.

• Like 2

On 20/04/2019 at 1:56 PM, manitou said:

I can't help but notice the post before this one.  My heart just shed a tear.  But isn't his last comment on this thread sort of indicative of his life?  He was a warrior for so many years.  And then he loved his fish and his quiet, normal life.

Yeah ,  I felt that way when I saw the thread had been bumped ... started reading this page , with fond  memories ... and  then  ...

On 06/08/2018 at 7:32 PM, Marblehead said:

"I'm hiding in plain sight."

:) 

Well. who knows  ?  I certainly dont , after ALL my experiences I cant deny that it is possible .

So, just in case  ... here is a nice bird to watch

On 20/04/2019 at 1:56 PM, manitou said:

If there are any desert birders here (low desert) there has been a mysterious bird call coming from a deciduous tree, heavily foliaged possible fruit tree.  I did see a small brown bird with a tail that had a bit of pumping action - and I'm not even sure that's the bird I'm hearing.  (He could be a migrator through Coachella Valley, CA)  But this call is so strange and almost has a booming quality to it, so I can't picture that sound coming out of the little brown bird.

It's only one sound, a descending slide, using five consecutive notes.  But the descent has a very melodious quality to it and if the bird were trying to talk he might be saying COW - a real roundness to the sound.  Maybe middle C down to F.  I was thinking maybe a poor will of some sort, but I'm not finding the right sound.

?  ' A  poor will '  ?   Did you mean a  ' whippoorwill ' ?

What's the problem ?  people say "Hello" to me, and I answer   "  Hi  "  all the time, and it isnt a problem

...thats a  friggin'    BIG   raven  !

(

• Like 1

We share our home with three cats.  A Short Hair, a Maine Coon and a Norwegian Forest.  I often have waterfall, or rain or birdsong youtubes on in the background to offset street noise or the sound of our neighbor rehearsing (vegas lounge singer). 

The Coon and the Norwegian will watch for quite a while... the short hair she's having none of it.  "can't smell em, they're not real." 

20 hours ago, Nungali said:
20 hours ago, Nungali said:

What's the problem ?  people say "Hello" to me, and I answer   "  Hi  "  all the time, and it isnt a problem

...thats a  friggin'    BIG   raven  !

(

Could be a really small lady.

• Haha 1