Marblehead

Watching The Birds

I think all the birds may have drown yesterday from all the rain that fell in my area. All my storage barrels and ponds over-flowed and it still hasn't stopped raining.

Yeah its hard to see how creatures survive , but they do .

The rain is needed to fill our lakes , and it isnt requiring tropical storm so far.

I like rain I like storms I like sunny days I think will never end.

:)

• Like 1

Well, it is still rainy/raining but yesterday afternoon the birds said "The hell with it" and came out to eat. I kinda' feel sorry for the little folks but at least I am keeping them with food to eat.

the birds said "the hell with it" ? there is nothing like a really pissed off bird.

if the pissed off bird is a sparrow or finch it may seem comical,

if its a bluejay maybe exercise a little caution.

an owl or hawk, stay the hell out of their way.

i put some seed out in the winter, but now they are on their own in my backyard.

i like it when the cranes are around.

plenty of woodpeckers and kingfishers.

of course the crows, i dont think i wanna see a bunch of pissed off crows either.

not sure i ever have seen a pissed off crow?

of course the crows, i dont think i wanna see a bunch of pissed off crows either.

Ever see the Hitchcock movie "The Birds"? They used trained crows in that movie. They are very smart birds. And yes, they were pissed off birds in the movie.

• Like 2

I like crows, they seem like the only birds smart enough to goof around

Watch them on a windy day , they swoop and swirl like surfers at the beach

Jonathan livingston seagull should have been a crow.

native american folklore speaks alot about the crow.

joy harjo thinks crows are here to observe us and report back to maker of breath

on their observations. they certainly do observe us.

one tale is how when the time came for us to become human, crows also had the opportunity,

but they passed, they were content being crow and know they have an easy existence.

i have not seen hitchcock's The Birds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWR2sRiWrlw

• Like 1

Nice crow song.

If you get the opportunity you should watch "the Birds" movie. A true classic.

last semester in the post modern class we watched North by Northwest and Vertigo.

it is curious about the level of mention, or lack of, with NA and the cougar.

the cougar must have been heavy on their minds.

and there were some very large cougars in the eastern woodlands upon european arrival.

and there were some very large cougars in the eastern woodlands upon european arrival.

Yes. The cougar (and its other names) could be found throughout the entire Americas. They were considered competition by man, especially Europeans, and were hunted and killed. They still survive in many places because by nature they are elusive and primarily night hunters. If I recall correctly the larger ones were throughout the Rockies in the US and Canada up into Alaska.

The Florida cougar was smaller and were hunted almost to extinction. I think there were something like only 8 known Florida cougars remaining when some Rocky cougars were brought down to reestablish a viable population. (I haven't heard recently how the efforts are going.)

You might be interested in this: http://www.native-languages.org/legends-cougar.htm I have been told by someone with no authority that the cougar is my spirit guide.
I was under the impression that spirit guides were temporary teachers of wisdoms which we were lacking .Which seems to make better sense than having a guide for what we already know. I can see you being cougarlike, so your spirit guide should be the sparrow.

Oh no, did I just get myself a peck of troubles!

Yes. The cougar (and its other names) could be found throughout the entire Americas. They were considered competition by man, especially Europeans, and were hunted and killed. They still survive in many places because by nature they are elusive and primarily night hunters. If I recall correctly the larger ones were throughout the Rockies in the US and Canada up into Alaska. The Florida cougar was smaller and were hunted almost to extinction. I think there were something like only 8 known Florida cougars remaining when some Rocky cougars were brought down to reestablish a viable population. (I haven't heard recently how the efforts are going.)
They appear to be enthusiastic but evasive.

last semester in the post modern class we watched North by Northwest and Vertigo.it is curious about the level of mention, or lack of, with NA and the cougar.the cougar must have been heavy on their minds.and there were some very large cougars in the eastern woodlands upon european arrival.
The hitchcock movies? Why would they mention cougars?

Oh no, did I just get myself a peck of troubles! :)

Naw. I can easily be a sparrow at times. And yes, it is my understanding that the spirit guide remains in the background and offers guidance when we are totally perplexed.

Ok ya got the cougar, and ya got your sparrows pegged,

Who is the spirit guide next up for Mh

Fess up

Yeah its a tough call, but Id be willing to point out everybody elses flaws without hesitation.

Yeah its a tough call, but Id be willing to point out everybody elses flaws without hesitation.

Hehehe. Yeah, it is less traumatic to point out others' flaws than it is to admit to our own.

the birds said "the hell with it" ? there is nothing like a really pissed off bird.

if the pissed off bird is a sparrow or finch it may seem comical,

if its a bluejay maybe exercise a little caution.

an owl or hawk, stay the hell out of their way.

i put some seed out in the winter, but now they are on their own in my backyard.

i like it when the cranes are around.

plenty of woodpeckers and kingfishers.

not to disparage crows, but to me they seem to be a smaller somewhat less intelligent....Raven. not many of them around here, but in Juneau there's plenty of them - my aunt took an injured one in and he'd mimic her calling her kids....Toooooooooooooooooe beeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvv! hahaha - too bad I cant recall some other stories of tricky things they do up there, but in my experience they seem to be head and shoulders more intelligent!