Sign in to follow this  
lino

question about the microcosmic orbit

when the energy travels down the conception channel and hits the dan tien, I get a big bang that feels like it should be accompanied by a mushroom cloud :blink:

is it normal for the microcosmic orbit to cause slight nausea?

when the energy travels down the conception channel and hits the dan tien, I get a big bang that feels like it should be accompanied by a mushroom cloud :blink:

My take would be that the nausea is not part of the orbit as such, but is arising from a particular blockage or blockages in the abdomen or solar plexus, which is /are getting prodded as energy moves through or into it/them.

I had loads of nausea in the first months of standing.

I suggest just contain it and don't react. It'll go in time.

Don't know about the bang. Liver energy is often explosive when finally released, I'm told. I wouldn't know, as I'm still clinging on to mine.

Yeah, that's not uncommon.

In fact, last week, we had some people getting sick doing microcosmic orbit after 45 minutes or so of standing practice, and chi packing.

I don't know about the explosion feeling, but it's not surprising?

Yeah, that's not uncommon.

In fact, last week, we had some people getting sick doing microcosmic orbit after 45 minutes or so of standing practice, and chi packing.

I don't know about the explosion feeling, but it's not surprising?

I do the taint lift and butt squeeze after I do an abdomen vacuum instead of during. It took a little bit of tinkering with the muscles that do the taint lift and butt squeeze too. It also seems to be more powerful going down the conception vessel when the tongue is touching the soft palate.

that weird nauseas feeling does come up sometimes and I've never been given an real explanation for it. Ian's seems pretty likely.

A very small (but for me effective) modification is to drop the tongue to the lower palette when the Qi sinks down Renmai. Raise the tongue when the Qi rises up Dumai and let it settle (as though it would lay down in bed) when the Qi sinks down Renmai. This'll increase your saliva production and that saliva may help keep the nausea away, if you learn to swallow it deeply.

Your bang is a new one one on me. I'm just curious. Do you get any other sensations at the time? Colors? Light? Can you describe it in more detail?

Also: What is a "taint lift"?

Edited by soaring crane

Taint lift = perineum?

It's my understanding that the nausea is a result of channel blockages, and that by circulating chi to areas of underexposure creates that feeling. Practice eventually eliminates it.

I've seen the same thing in people doing Zhan Zhaung, mostly in postures that relate to the emotional centers (ie. imbalanced emotions).

Edited by Neijia

I was taught tongue to the palette on the upcycle of du, tongue released and behind lower teeth on the downcycle of ren. The note on saliva is worthy. Don't spit.

I've had nausa if I practice to soon after eating, or have experienced strong emotions like a argument or getting upset over something and then practiced.

Good training to you,

Spectrum

that weird nauseas feeling does come up sometimes and I've never been given an real explanation for it. Ian's seems pretty likely.

A very small (but for me effective) modification is to drop the tongue to the lower palette when the Qi sinks down Renmai. Raise the tongue when the Qi rises up Dumai and let it settle (as though it would lay down in bed) when the Qi sinks down Renmai. This'll increase your saliva production and that saliva may help keep the nausea away, if you learn to swallow it deeply.

Your bang is a new one one on me. I'm just curious. Do you get any other sensations at the time? Colors? Light? Can you describe it in more detail?

the taint is the area in between the genitals and the anus.

that's funny :) I never heard the word "taint" before. In German we say "Damm", which interestingly means "dam" as in, "dam up the leak". I call it Huiyin and I thought the english term was perinium.

I haven't tried looking for any lights or colors yet. Mainly I use my eyes to follow the orbits movements.

that's funny :) I never heard the word "taint" before. In German we say "Damm", which interestingly means "dam" as in, "dam up the leak". I call it Huiyin and I thought the english term was perinium.

The "proper" English term is perineum.

Taint is a contration for "it ain't" - as in it ain't your balls and it ain't your ass.

Pedantically,

Charlie

The "proper" English term is perineum.

Taint is a contration for "it ain't" - as in it ain't your balls and it ain't your ass.

Pedantically,

Charlie

less letters and I forget how to spell "perineum":)

besides, the word "taint" sometimes makes for good conversation;)

My take would be that the nausea is not part of the orbit as such, but is arising from a particular blockage or blockages in the abdomen or solar plexus, which is /are getting prodded as energy moves through or into it/them.

I had loads of nausea in the first months of standing.

I suggest just contain it and don't react. It'll go in time.

Don't know about the bang. Liver energy is often explosive when finally released, I'm told. I wouldn't know, as I'm still clinging on to mine.

I think that you are right. I released a blockage in the solar plexus a few weeks ago just trying to do some buddhist breathing. Maybe the blockage is a lot bigger than I thought. It probably doesn't help that there is a rib that is raised in that area on the front and depressed in my upper back on my left side.

Keep your eye on the prize, and it won't be so bad.

The prize is going to be the amount of relief that I get afterwards ;)

I checked out the back of my eyelids while I was in the shower today. I saw an intensely green circle.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:yn_om...;cd=1&gl=us

It feels like I'm moving at a rapid pace with my limited practice :blink:

I didn't think that it would be this effortless :huh:

The nausea went away but the blockage is going to be recurring I think.

Acupucture, Tui Na, Acupressure, Massage, Reflexology can all help keep things moving. There was another thread here on TaoBums where members were talking about using a soft gym ball up and down the ren and du channels to help w/ a diagnostic and work the areas they felt were stagnate/ing.

Ultimately, just like a medicine, you're body will learn and adapt the new information to it's own. We have amazing adaptabilities as humans, learning from our environment all the time.

Spectrum

There was another thread here on TaoBums where members were talking about using a soft gym ball up and down the ren and du channels to help w/ a diagnostic and work the areas they felt were stagnate/ing.

Yeah... supposedly, white skeleton is supposed to be good for diagnostics, not to thread jump. Though I haven't gotten anywhere that good with it to "see" into other people's bodies.

An interesting quote from "Aikido and the Dynamic Sphere" :

"Vertical posture reflects the height of ones aspirations, horizontal posture the source of their life."

An interesting quote from "Aikido and the Dynamic Sphere" :

"Vertical posture reflects the height of ones aspirations, horizontal posture the source of their life."

I like it :)

My mind is in the gutter and especially with 8 days of retention :lol:

It's really packing some power into the orbits.

I guess the "horizontal" is the source of life in more ways than one B)

The very first acupucturist I ever recieved a treatment from was a Buddhist monk who had retained for 11 years at that point. 1994.

Edited by Spectrum

The very first acupucturist I ever recieved a treatment from was a Buddhist monk who had retained for 11 years at that point. 1994.

Damn :blink:

By then he should have been able to give Robert Peng and John Chang a run for their money.

"Perineo", in Spanish, and "perineoa" in Basque :P And it comes from latin "perinaeon" and greek "περίναιος".

Anyway, 45 minutes is a great bunch of time, isn't it? I think it's normal to have nauseas after so much time doing the same thing (more if you're stood up).

I use to have shocks of energy with the first muscle contractions of the perineum and the anus, that goes from my muladara to my head. Of course, they're accompanied by muscle shocks.

After moving some sex energy along the path I continue the practice without sex, and it flows more freely and rapidly.

Sign in to follow this