Maddie

Kleem mantra

I've heard just a little bit about the Kleem mantra, that it's supposed to attract material things to you, including women. In practice I've also noticed that its a very relaxing sound. Does anyone have much experience with this sound?

I've heard just a little bit about the Kleem mantra, that it's supposed to attract material things to you, including women. In practice I've also noticed that its a very relaxing sound. Does anyone have much experience with this sound?

When I have a chance I will provide a link to correct Sanskrit pronunciation of bija mantras. Kleem is incorrect and leads nowhere. Harish Johari has several books on the subject.

So its Kling as in to kling or hold tightly to something (as far as pronunciation) is concerned at least?

If you follow the Youtube and other link that will help immensely in correct pronunciation.

I used this mantra and so did a friend. We found it very effective for precisely what you mentioned, dmattwads.

Cool I'm glad to hear that :-)

I've noticed that after doing the Kleem mantra for a while my saliva gets very thin and watery. After doing it longer my mind becomes very still. :-)

Viator, your "moderator message" post describes what I've found to be a large percentage of what is going on at the general forum and some of the sub-forums at TTB. Thus you would have to put a large percentage of the posts here in the pit or you could just rename the site the "pit" to begin with. That is not to take away from all the great and many fine posts and people that come here, its just the nature of what is often a non-moderated, free-for-all of anyone or anything being left to fend for themselves in an "open season" of very hostile attacks of quasi-intellectual ripping or one-up-man-ship that the moderators seldom speak a word about! Btw, why you showed up in this very mild string is beyond me?

As far as strings "devolving into chat" you've got to be kidding? There have been some wonderful chats here that are part and parcel of a redeeming value of the site! (compared to strings of misc. sicko and creepy stuff that is allowed to splash here)

No actually kleem should be pronounced as kleem (sounds like clean with an "m").

The "ng" sound is peculiar to eastern Indian accents (of Sanskrit). Myself being a native Bengali speaker, it is specifically peculiar to the Bengali language and as such is considered incorrect Sanskrit pronunciation.

It's important to learn to pronounce Sanskrit phonemes before attempting mantra practice - especially for English speakers because the English language is highly limited in the types of sounds that are produced.

• Like 2

No actually kleem should be pronounced as kleem (sounds like clean with an "m"). The "ng" sound is peculiar to eastern Indian accents (of Sanskrit). Myself being a native Bengali speaker, it is specifically peculiar to the Bengali language and as such is considered incorrect Sanskrit pronunciation. It's important to learn to pronounce Sanskrit phonemes before attempting mantra practice - especially for English speakers because the English language is highly limited in the types of sounds that are produced.

That is news to me given that I looked up that pronunciation in several places for correct Sanskrit. Are you saying that Sanskrit is specific to Bengali. Seems as if their is a disagreement between regions. Please give more detail.

lol

this is exactly why I said go ask your local Brahmin priests. Sanskrit is a dead language like Latin.

Sanskrit is still used either in academics or rituals. There are no local Brahmin priests in my area so stop harping on this. Furthermore, Latin is used in science and medicine. Neither are dead languages as you want to believe.

Dead language means not spoken by the general population. That's why Latin is considered a dead language, even though the catholic priests speak it etc.

Dead language means not spoken by the general population. That's why Latin is considered a dead language, even though the catholic priests speak it etc.

I am aware of that but you made other implications as always.

Bija mantras are capped with an anusvara the crescent moon with a dot above the Om bija for instance. The way was taught to pronounce is with a nasalized mmmmm, the mmmm vibrates at the top of the palate, the tongue is touching upper palate which makes a nnn sound and results in a tickling feeling behind the nose.....it can help to drop the jaw with the lips closed while vibrating the anusvara to feel it's resonance, visually it is a dot getting to an ever more refined point of concentration....this resonance in the nasal cavity stimulates the pineal and pituitary glands and helps release stress relieving endorphins....among other things....

Edited by Xienkula1
  • Like 2

That is news to me given that I looked up that pronunciation in several places for correct Sanskrit. Are you saying that Sanskrit is specific to Bengali. Seems as if their is a disagreement between regions. Please give more detail.

No I'm not saying that. All Indian languages are derivative of Sanskrit (Tamil being one which is of a different linguistic group but over the millennia has a large number of loan words from Sanskrit).

And Sanskrit for the most part is homogeneous in its rules and grammar. However regional accents ( almost every state has its own language) affect how sanskrit is pronounced.

I merely observed that it is incorrect to pronounce kleem as Kling with emphasis on the anusvara of "ng" (sounds like the "Ing" of say walking).

The video you posted is very accurate in the phonemes and their pronunciation. But there are two additional concepts in Sanskrit - namely anusvara and visarga ( they are practiced as "um" and "aha" along with the consonants and vowels ) - we had to recite these as kids (for instance i has to learn four different ones - for Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit and Kannada).

So while the grammar remains the same for most parts, rules evolved and changed as different languages developed - eg Bengali combined Prakrit (Pali) and Sanskrit.

And pronunciation varies from region to region depending on local accents. But correct Sanskrit pronunciation is found primarily in the pure Hindi speaking regions (since Hindi is most similar to Sanskrit ).

lol

this is exactly why I said go ask your local Brahmin priests. Sanskrit is a dead language like Latin.

Sorry it is not dead. Millions of Indian kids learn it in school just as I did for a good part of a decade. It is not a spoken language for most parts however...

In fact several temples in the US have courses in Sanskrit that many Indian parents send their kids to.

No I'm not saying that. All Indian languages are derivative of Sanskrit (Tamil being one which is of a different linguistic group but over the millennia has a large number of loan words from Sanskrit). And Sanskrit for the most part is homogeneous in its rules and grammar. However regional accents ( almost every state has its own language) affect how sanskrit is pronounced. I merely observed that it is incorrect to pronounce kleem as Kling with emphasis on the anusvara of "ng" (sounds like the "Ing" of say walking). The video you posted is very accurate in the phonemes and their pronunciation. But there are two additional concepts in Sanskrit - namely anusvara and visarga ( they are practiced as "um" and "aha" along with the consonants and vowels ) - we had to recite these as kids (for instance i has to learn four different ones - for Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit and Kannada). So while the grammar remains the same for most parts, rules evolved and changed as different languages developed - eg Bengali combined Prakrit (Pali) and Sanskrit. And pronunciation varies from region to region depending on local accents. But correct Sanskrit pronunciation is found primarily in the pure Hindi speaking regions (since Hindi is most similar to Sanskrit ).

Harish Johari is wrong? Page 44 'Tools For Tantra', he uses the ng sound for all the bija's.

Harish Johari is wrong? Page 44 'Tools For Tantra', he uses the ng sound for all the bija's.

If he has he is wrong...

Sorry it is not dead. Millions of Indian kids learn it in school just as I did for a good part of a decade. It is not a spoken language for most parts however... In fact several temples in the US have courses in Sanskrit that many Indian parents send their kids to.

I think both you and ralis need to learn what a dead language means.

Oxford Dictionary of Linguistics says:

dead language: One that is no longer the native language of any community. Such languages may remain in use, like Latin or Sanskrit, as second or learned (e.g. as liturigical) languages.

Edited by alwayson
  • Like 1