Hi guys. I was wandering. Does anybody know any techniques/meditations or something, for viewing into my past lives?...astral projection is not an option because I'm still working on doing it...

Things like this happen naturally when your mind is really strong and razor sharp from shamatha (again, that book I suggested in the grounding thread).

If you try without having shamatha, the 'memories' you uncover are probably just imaginary scenarios from your subconscious.

I don't think looking into ones past lives is often very useful, it can be very intangeling and like Seeker said its probably something that you should probably let unfold naturally. IMO it is wiser to focus on ones present life that we are creating as we speak, rather than focusing on the past in order to give our ego a few giggles.

However, that being said, it's up to you in how you approach these things. In Tranceportation, the author gives a simple technique for looking into ones past lives.

http://www.amazon.com/Trance-portation-Learning-Navigate-Inner-World/dp/1578634059/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1366557967&sr=1-1&keywords=tranceportation

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 3

One way to approach the past lives thing as through a detective approach. You take note of which places seem very familiar to you, what preferences that you have, especially ones that are outside of your own culture.

• Like 1

Healing codes, Yuen Method, Attend Mediumship

This is unfortunately very diametrically opposed to the whole grounding thing.

I remember meeting someone about 25 years ago who was running a metaphysical store, who was trying to convince me he was Merlin in a past life. This did NOT encourage me along his path lolol. Nothing wrong with remembering, but unfortunately often the ego gets in the way and joins in! It is mostly about remembering though. First you start out with this life, remember as much as possible to as young as possible. Then remember more, even the crappy things you forgot. Then remember to when you were even younger... the more we remember of this life, the more that other stuff is allowed to surface. Just make sure not to use past life searching as a way to avoid this life (many do).

• Like 2

Yeh start with healin this lifes memories...imo it makes more sense to heal past lifes when this life has been sorted out, although the opposite could work too I guess,

Also like all beliefs the opposite is also true.

Dealing with past lives can be extremely grounding.

I did healing for past lives that were related to grounding issues.

It can empower one knowing what one is capable of, not taking current life scenarios too seriously.

Guest Jason Croft

I was taught a Yoga of many conditions by a teacher, that I studied ,for 6 years with, from The Brotherhood of the White Temple in Selma Colorado - among these was the way to find the past life. I have searched for their website but cannot find it am a bit worried . . . well - you are in luck I just searched and found it. http://www.bwtemple.org/

Their book list was most valuable - here it is- http://www.bwtemple.org/Brotherhood-Publications.php With these books you will have their knowledge.

The Yoga of how to reveal your past lives was simple: Make a room in your home that has a nice aura- with colored lights (non-blinking Christmas lights will do but they must be not too bright and placed higher than you are tall - above you ) and place a mirror in front of you that can hold all of you and your sitting image - turn off the lights - except the multi colored ones then place a single candle a safe distance behind you so that the candle does not shine in the mirror - but gives enough light to the room for you to see your reflection in the mirror.

Then begin, meditate on your image. If your meditation is of quality - you will have an image appear of the same face that you had in your past life. The theory is that your face that you had in your past life is the one you are most familiar with - even more than your present face.

Yes , whatever practise you do (what is your practise if any ?) -- do A LOT of it , like most of your free time , you will definetly have expirience sooner or later and may get to know something of your past lives . Just do it no matter what and o through all physical and mental obstacles .

However you have been warned about maybe not being able to fuction so well on practical level , loosing your mind and similar .

So as long as you know the score go for it -- 'jump in the water and learn how to swim !'

Hi guys. I was wandering. Does anybody know any techniques/meditations or something, for viewing into my past lives?...astral projection is not an option because I'm still working on doing it...

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1

I was taught a Yoga of many conditions by a teacher, that I studied ,for 6 years with, from The Brotherhood of the White Temple in Selma Colorado - among these was the way to find the past life. I have searched for their website but cannot find it am a bit worried . . . well - you are in luck I just searched and found it. http://www.bwtemple.org/

Their book list was most valuable - here it is- http://www.bwtemple.org/Brotherhood-Publications.php With these books you will have their knowledge.

The Yoga of how to reveal your past lives was simple: Make a room in your home that has a nice aura- with colored lights (non-blinking Christmas lights will do but they must be not too bright and placed higher than you are tall - above you ) and place a mirror in front of you that can hold all of you and your sitting image - turn off the lights - except the multi colored ones then place a single candle a safe distance behind you so that the candle does not shine in the mirror - but gives enough light to the room for you to see your reflection in the mirror.

Then begin, meditate on your image. If your meditation is of quality - you will have an image appear of the same face that you had in your past life. The theory is that your face that you had in your past life is the one you are most familiar with - even more than your present face.

Hm.....the exact same method is in Path Notes by Glenn Morris

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Searching for past life is fun and interesting. It's a good entertainment.

However I don't know its usefulness as cultivation tool.

One can just look at his present life honestly to figure out what happend in his past life. It's a mirror image. The same pattern keeps repeatign itself until you correct your own internal thinking.

What seems to be your natural strengths and weaknesses in this life, tells you roughly the kind of person you used to be.

So then... what are you cultivating in yourself now? What new virtues, and how hard are you cutting against the grain of your flaws?

• Like 1

Wait a minute, from the other thread, you are only 16. Well, you aren't spiritually gifted or being mentored by a master, why are you worrying about your past life???? Have you mastered you current life and seeing the illusions of your own world? If not, there is no point in seeing the illusions of your past life.

I understand the attraction of things with a 'mystical' vibe. But seriously, if you really want something, give up trying to go to other planes or remember past lives or whatever. Where it's really at, is the less flashy but unimaginably profound and rewarding work of developing a vast, clear, non attached mind like space. Seriously man.

I am NOT advanced, at all. But after only a few months focused on the stuff that matters with correct practices... my mind feels bigger, clearer, more luminous in a way that, well, puts a helluva different spin on what seems important.

Edited by Seeker of the Self
  • Like 3

Wow I didn't know you could see past lives with yoga, learned something new. I really can't say how many past lives I've lived, but one thing I can say, is that one of them must have been in Japan or China, because I like their culture and arts. Well in this life I am trying to learn to relax, to live in the moment and to stop being a perfectionist...and other things a long that line...maybe I was a business man in the Past life, lol...by the way what does IMO stand for?

This is unfortunately very diametrically opposed to the whole grounding thing.

I remember meeting someone about 25 years ago who was running a metaphysical store, who was trying to convince me he was Merlin in a past life. This did NOT encourage me along his path lolol. Nothing wrong with remembering, but unfortunately often the ego gets in the way and joins in! It is mostly about remembering though. First you start out with this life, remember as much as possible to as young as possible. Then remember more, even the crappy things you forgot. Then remember to when you were even younger... the more we remember of this life, the more that other stuff is allowed to surface. Just make sure not to use past life searching as a way to avoid this life (many do).

Yea. I use to know some one who told me they were Merlin as well... ^_^ lolz

In my honest opinion, if you want to know your past, look in the mirror and see what kind of family, culture, wealth (material/spiritual/etc), knowledge one has in the present moment. All of this sums up to who you are now and what you have inherited. Karma is merely a system of measurement to compensate for lack of foresight and fortitude. You may have even chosen to challenge yourself in this life after visiting higher realms.

If one realizes that time is a mere illusion. People can spend entire life times being monks and sages and know that it means nothing in the bigger scheme of things, we are eternal beings who never truly die unless we choose to destroy that part of ourselves that goes back to the dawn of the ages and even then demons and souls can be resurrected from hell with enough energy, mind you. It all depends on what you desire and are seeking. Those who seek virtue and wisdom are merely souls who may have already walked the same path several times and know that said path like the back of their hand. Their intuition is keen enough to know that suffering in such a way will no longer garner more Truth, so it is best to move on and forward. Self-Mastery... Imagine what lucifer chose to realize through out eternity.. ;)

Is there something you missed in those lives?

Edited by DragonsNectar69k
  • Like 1

I agree with what other people have said. Focus on your practice and this will come naturally. I do have this to add:

-Be very attentive to your dreams. Notice the different qualities of lucidity and feeling you have in your dreaming state. Notice any pecularities that stand out. Some of my past lives have been revealed to me through my dreams - good and bad- especially the traumatic ones I must heal. How do I know which dreams are fancy and which are the souls remembering? The energetic "quality" of the dream and what spirit has to say.
I do not know if you are prone to "visionary" states. spontaneous visuals and hallucinations in waking life. But some people I meet will trigger past life regressions just by being around them.

You gotta be pretty much a Buddha to recall true memories of past lives.

Even highly reputed lamas don't remember their past lives.

Grandiose false memories created by self delusion or "spirit guides" are easier. This is what New Agers do.

Edited by alwayson

You gotta be pretty much a Buddha to recall true memories of past lives.

Even highly reputed lamas don't remember their past lives.

Grandiose false memories created by self delusion or "spirit guides" are easier. This is what New Agers do.

Alwaysoff,

It is statements like those that really make me wonder about you.

You claim to be a Buddhist, yet you have never read any of the practice manuals for the jhanas?

You do not have to be a Buddha to access previous lives.

Perhaps you should read a Buddhist book called "Mindfulness, Bliss and Beyond" or listen to a few podcasts by Ajahn Brahm. Then you would learn that through shamatha and by accessing some of the jhanas, it empowers you to remember previous lives.

Or perhaps you should attend a seminar by Shamar Rinpoche (like I did). If you did, you would know that his meditation technique of breath meditation activates the memories of previous lives which are stored at the navel.

I have accessed five previous lifetimes now and I am no Buddha.

And then you claim that "highly reputed lamas don't remember their previous lives".. Well, then they couldn't have been very high, could they? Or perhaps you are just exercising your biased narrow opinions which have no foundation in Buddhist teachings. Instead of reading history books, why don't you study other common Buddhist practice manuals and teachings. You will find reincarnation, past life knowledge and even choosing future births in auspiscious positions and very common in Buddhism.

Even Alan Wallace tells about a story about a modest Budhhist monk who was told to go to the US and subject himself to scientific examination. The monk was instructed to "tell all" by the Dalai Lama. So, that is what the monk did. When asked what he realized, the monk said "I know all of my previous lives".

So, here you are, accusing everyone else of "grandiose false memories", putting down new-agers, when it is you, in fact, that is blurting out "grandiose false statements". Why am I not surprised.

http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=29795&t=1

Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama, was born in 1935, the son of a farmer in a small Tibetan village. In accordance with ancient tradition, the dreams and visions of high lamas and oracles eventually led a search party to the boy. At age two, he successfully identified people and possessions from his past life and was officially recognized as the reincarnation of the 13th Dalai Lama.

:)

TI