sree

The Tao of Dying

we, as reflective investigators, no?

yes wilhelm /baynes, yes marrying maiden.

the wealth of consultation with the 3 changing lines and final hexagram

specifically speak (uncanny) to what you asked, no?

Final Hexagram No. 4 is 蒙 Meng (Youthful Folly).

How does Hexagram 54 - 歸妹 Guei Mei (The Marrying Maiden) through the movement of lines 1, 4 and 6 change to Hexagram 4 - 蒙 Meng (Youthful Folly)? What do they all mean with regard to the Tao of Dying?

And Mr Wu got Hexagram No. 33 - 遯 Dun (Retreat). How do all these gel?

Are you going to tell or should we all go to the Daoist priest and swallow his bullshit? :D

Ralph Waldo Trine

If the windows of your soul are dirty and streaked, covered with matter foreign to them,

then the world as you look out of them will be to you dirty and streaked and out of

order. Cease your complainings, however; keep your pessimism, your "poor,

unfortunate me" to yourself, lest you betray the fact that your windows are badly in

need of something.

Namaste,

gentlewind

Im not sure I would agree with Mr Trine

in all circumstances

since it suggests that one should suffer in silence

rather than expose themselves as being 'imperfect'.

(pride and fear)

Yes I can make things worse by complaining

Yes I can be a bummer

but on the other hand sometimes positive feedback can potentially help

break a bummer cycle that cannot be clearly expressed in happy terms.

And yes at other times ,,it could just be a 'bad habit'.

Aversion for money is based on the western belief that it is easier for a camel to enter the needle’s eye than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.

People who are averse to money, naturally, don’t have any to give away; and those who speak ill of money usually don’t have enough of it to live with dignity. In a material reality where economic viability is a measure of self-worth, this lack of money is insulting to one who believes one’s market value is wrongfully marked way below one’s true intrinsic value. The only way to redress this injustice is to diss the material world and re-price oneself in the spiritual realm where the currency is love and compassion rather than US dollars, the Euro or the British Pound.

Money is indeed a medium of exchange, but the rest of what you said is unintelligible.

People into spiritualism may not know this, but we have gone beyond paper a long time ago. The cash you carry in your pocket to tip the waiter or valet is a very small part of the volume of money, amounting to trillions of dollars, in circulation electronically every single day. Greater than the fear of death is my fear of getting financially wiped out due to sudden electronic glitches in the financial systems of the world.

The problem with life is not money per se. It is the monetization of life itself in a world that is getting increasingly difficult to live in. Wisdom, that is relevant to humanity, must come from dealing with life. Do monks meditate on this? I don’t think so. It is easier to spin prayer wheels and other worldly stuff in the name of spiritualism.

Im in accord with most of that but that 'part unintelligible' is actually intelligible. but I may have said it crudely.

Money is allocated to that which society wants , folks vote with their feet so to speak. Since money is free of any specific intrinsic value.. it can be spent wherever on whatever one wants to spend it on. Folks try to supply -that for which- there is money to be made on.

Ex.. if all I had to barter with were hogs, my market consists of only hog consumers, and I couldnt spend my 'hog dollars' on televisions made by folks who dont eat meat.Money by virtue of its intangibility (whether paper or digital zeros) frees resources to go to what society wants, even if its a pet rock or beanie baby. So society collectively is supplied.

I dont know what monks meditate on really , but I suspect that in a world increasingly complicated , a spiritual anchor potentially, might become an even greater asset ,,to answer- "what the farg am I doing here?" and " Is this even good?".

Edited by Stosh

Im not sure I would agree with Mr Trine

in all circumstances

since it suggests that one should suffer in silence

rather than expose themselves as being 'imperfect'.

(pride and fear)

Yes I can make things worse by complaining

Yes I can be a bummer

but on the other hand sometimes positive feedback can potentially help

break a bummer cycle that cannot be clearly expressed in happy terms.

And yes at other times ,,it could just be a 'bad habit'.

I am responsible for what happens to me, whether consciously or subconsciously. So complaining is futile. I don't think he's saying we must suffer in silence Stosh, more that by complaining we are merely adding to our woes.

We all come from the same Divine Source, we are all powerful beings. But, we have forgotten, or as Graham Hancock says, 'We are as a species suffering from collective amnesia'. Or something like that.

He is encouraging the reader to go within. This is something I've been doing, and it has borne positive results. I no longer pay attention to negative thoughts, I watch them sail away from me. In the past I'd lose myself in such thoughts and the results were far from positive.

We write the script, so if we complain we do so to ourself. No one else is to blame ! My Mum spent most of her life moaning and she was a picture of misery. She became isolated and bitter because of her constant moaning. But she wrote the script !

Namaste,

gentlewind

I am responsible for what happens to me, whether consciously or subconsciously. So complaining is futile. I don't think he's saying we must suffer in silence Stosh, more that by complaining we are merely adding to our woes.

We all come from the same Divine Source, we are all powerful beings. But, we have forgotten, or as Graham Hancock says, 'We are as a species suffering from collective amnesia'. Or something like that.

He is encouraging the reader to go within. This is something I've been doing, and it has borne positive results. I no longer pay attention to negative thoughts, I watch them sail away from me. In the past I'd lose myself in such thoughts and the results were far from positive.

We write the script, so if we complain we do so to ourself. No one else is to blame ! My Mum spent most of her life moaning and she was a picture of misery. She became isolated and bitter because of her constant moaning. But she wrote the script !

Namaste,

gentlewind

Well thats a very positive attitude toward self determination, and it has its validity ,

I just dont think everyone has as much control over the situations that befall them as that

since its very difficult to the the ramifications of ones actions

or predict well the random calamities that do happen. (Like illness and floods etc.)

A good attitude or intent doesnt guarantee good outcome.

Its amazing how dirty my windows are. Really it is. The first time I ever did qigong/meditation I cam bouncing out of there feeling exactly as though my windows ahd been cleaned. That is how I phrased it to myself. Everything looked and felt brighter and better and more zingy.

When I have dingy windows .. gosh. Its such a different world that I see. How did I get so incredibly grubby. euuuGGGHHHHHH.

Original Self, True Self, Soul, all these phrases..

wtf? How is it so easy to drift away from ourselves?!

Rhetorical question. ;)

The tao of dying is a good question to ponder and clarify.. we die by degrees... and pray for ressurection. Death in life = the worst death.

If memory serves me right it was Edgar Cayce who said mind is the builder. Correct. As I work through my downloads I know some came from my Mum(sorry Mum, I'm not blaming you though as I know your upbringing wasn't easy), and these are the negative ones. Glad to say I'm making progress and I am benefiting from deleting these unwanted downloads. My Dad was a jovial character even in times of great stress, and he had a positive influence especially my attitude towards health matters; my humor is heavily influenced also by my Dad, and my love of the Truth.

My windows have been very dirty too cat, and as I look back it was reflected in my life at these points, but its all a learning process; and, I'm here where I'm meant to be due to everything I have experienced and people I've met. My life has always been perfect.

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 1

Well thats a very positive attitude toward self determination, and it has its validity ,

I just dont think everyone has as much control over the situations that befall them as that

since its very difficult to the the ramifications of ones actions

or predict well the random calamities that do happen. (Like illness and floods etc.)

A good attitude or intent doesnt guarantee good outcome.

Its not attitude Stosh, well not for me, its good mental health. I try to remain in the Oneness of all that is. We are all family, all connected. I send out Love as often as possible. When I encounter periods of pain and discomfort I simply embrace them. As Bill Hicks said, 'Life is a ride', and I'm enjoying my ride !

Even when I encountered a period of being homeless I managed to remain upbeat and accepted what was happening because deep down I knew I was responsible for where I was. Not paying any attention to those negative thoughts is a good start.

When I began my relationship with cancer I welcomed it. What else could I do - scream at g_d as some have done ! No ! I accepted my cancer and dealt with it without the struggle that so many engage in. A struggle which in many cases condemns them to death.

Mind is the Builder. I like that.

Namaste,

gentlewind

I can't sink the putt for you, that is the point.

Of course, you can because that;s the way it works. The guy who made fire for the first time ever, sank the putt for all mankind. Every time knowledge is acquired or a discovery is made, it is a putt sank for all mankind.

The best advice is pointing, it is you that passes through the gate.

This is a con typically handed out by conventional spiritualists. In the real world, when one guy can do it, he shows everyone how to do it – for a reasonable price, of course.

How can you watch Golf? I hope you are a player at least.

I don’t really watch golf. I watch Tiger Woods the way I study every other instance of remarkable human struggle against adversity.

Human goals may be banal and that’s regrettable; nevertheless, whether it is to be the greatest

golfer ever or the first to climb Mount Everest, it takes the same kind of drive and intelligence to seek the deathless state.

Sales up, cost down for 7 straight years with growth of over 24% yearly. I own everything with no debt.Expansion plans in place, construction begins in 12 days, increase in sales will offset all cost within 3 months of revenue. Am I speaking your language now? If you wish we can converse in business terms.

This is the only sane way to converse. This is why I like the business world where logic is self-consistent and matters of interest are real to other animals also.

Sales up is good; cost down is also good; and growth is always great provided you are making a reasonable profit at a meaningful rate of return on investment after deduction for expenses on a private jet and yacht. :D

Something smells here, Mr Wu. I found that I could never run a business successfully on account of this damn obsession with finding a meaningful life. This is why I buy shares in businesses with numbers like yours, look the other way, and keep my mind free to seek the deathless state.

Edited by sree

"Its not attitude Stosh, well not for me, its good mental health."

"My Dad was a jovial character even in times of great stress, and he had a positive influence especially my attitude towards health matters"

:)

"Its not attitude Stosh, well not for me, its good mental health."

"My Dad was a jovial character even in times of great stress, and he had a positive influence especially my attitude towards health matters"

:)

Words sometimes need more thought than they are given Stosh, and sometimes I am lazy - so forgive me :) !!! It isn't attitude, its becoming a part of the Flow, although it may start off as 'attitude, attitude equals baby steps.

My Dad accepted his illnesses, some due to his involvement in WW2. I saw this, and admired him for not complaining - and with his health being as bad as it was he could have complained ! Three cancers all at the same time ! But not one word of complaint - not one. He had other serious health issues too, yet not one word of complaint passed his lips.

So Stosh, it isn't attitude, attitude can be of use up to a point. Their then comes a point when attitude fades, and my Dad went beyond both attitude and good mental health - he became at One with the Flow of Life.

Acceptance of 'what is' is going beyond attitude. The key is to do so 24/7.

So forgive my laziness. Attitude - no, a resounding no. Its about going beyond attitude, its about flying free.

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 1

"Greater than the fear of death is my fear of getting financially wiped out due to sudden electronic glitches in the financial systems of the world."

prime confession of how weak you are.

edit edit edit hehehehe

What’s so funny? I admit that I am dependent on money just as the body is dependent on air.

I can’t walk on water, zero. I can’t live without money. The only people who can live without money are those who live on other people’s money.

i had some links to futuristic mind controlling hollogram and cyborg stuff and links to arcane alchemy stuff.

but i am gonna break it down in simple;

the tree of life is not a money tree

What kind of life are you talking about? I don’t fancy living in a spiritual commune whether it is an ashram in India or here in America.

There is no free lunch in the real world. Show me your tree of life and I will show you how it is funded - either in US Dollars or your ass. :D

Edited by sree

i didnt say that i live on no money, but i am certainly far less dependent on money than you are.

i live in a cottage with a yard of very tall trees and a nice creek flowing thru the backyard.

i have it set up to suit my needs, qigong, meditation, and baguazhang. i listen to song birds all day instead

of heavy traffic and sirens blaring. so, it isnt going to suit your tastes. i enjoy hanging out in nature.

it is different strokes for different folks sree, that is what i am saying, we all dont need to be high rolling

stock traders living on the 42nd floor drinking a 2,000$ bottle of wine to be content.

i could get by on that amount all year if i wanted. becoz, my currencies are resources and resourcefulness,

creative thinking, understanding. the tree of life is a natural thing and it is not traded on the chicago mercantile exchange.

you cant look up a stock quote for it. i am dependent on air and water, and i enjoy cleaner quality of those than you do,

becoz it is different strokes for different folks, you will have to change your outlook, if you truly want to find the Tao of dying.

one size does not fit all. that type of size doesnt fit most people. the less natural one becomes maybe the more money they need? it is a good arrangement, you hang out with a money tree and i hang out with a tree of life. you dont see that there is a difference. thats why your stuck.

Words sometimes need more thought than they are given Stosh, and sometimes I am lazy - so forgive me :) !!! It isn't attitude, its becoming a part of the Flow, although it may start off as 'attitude, attitude equals baby steps.

My Dad accepted his illnesses, some due to his involvement in WW2. I saw this, and admired him for not complaining - and with his health being as bad as it was he could have complained ! Three cancers all at the same time ! But not one word of complaint - not one. He had other serious health issues too, yet not one word of complaint passed his lips.

So Stosh, it isn't attitude, attitude can be of use up to a point. Their then comes a point when attitude fades, and my Dad went beyond both attitude and good mental health - he became at One with the Flow of Life.

Acceptance of 'what is' is going beyond attitude. The key is to do so 24/7.

So forgive my laziness. Attitude - no, a resounding no. Its about going beyond attitude, its about flying free.

Namaste,

gentlewind

Thou art forgiven , :)

but What are you contending is the delimitation of attitude from acceptance?

Im pretty sure acceptance is embodied as an attitude Specifically.

An attitude being an emotional stance

which dictates ones response to given circumstance,

within some consistent parameters or of a particular character.

Thats what it means to have an attitude. Why are you picking on my word choices so stringently ? if we arent really at odds , why put us at them?

Edited by Stosh

Thou art forgiven , :)

but What are you contending is the delimitation of attitude from acceptance?

Im pretty sure acceptance is embodied as an attitude Specifically.

An attitude being an emotional stance

which dictates ones response to given circumstance,

within some consistent parameters or of a particular character.

Thats what it means to have an attitude. Why are you picking on my word choices so stringently ? if we arent really at odds , why put us at them?

Stosh, I was having a go at myself!

Laziness when writing, not giving enough thought to the words I chose.

Namaste,

gentlewind

gentlewind, I'm just now watching the Harry Oldfield presentation... interesting .. thankyou, you find good resources!

Its a cracking presentation cat ! Dr Oldfield needs to work on his humor though !

The medical mafia not using one of his devices as an aid to early detection of illnesses is insane, his invention was able to detect a lump in a lady's breast before it was discovered by the doctor ! Will have to watch it again - third time !

Namaste,

gentlewind

i found a few quartz crystal arrowheads in a creek once, lol

i still have one. and i was amazed that the indians could could make those.

i guess everything worked out for ya, cat.

i am not sure if i could go thru with having that type of transmission or not.

you and your first sifu are quite interesting, transmission too

• Like 1

i didnt say that i live on no money, but i am certainly far less dependent on money than you are.

i live in a cottage with a yard of very tall trees and a nice creek flowing thru the backyard.

i have it set up to suit my needs, qigong, meditation, and baguazhang. i listen to song birds all day instead

of heavy traffic and sirens blaring. so, it isnt going to suit your tastes. i enjoy hanging out in nature.

Do you mean to say that the less money your lifestyle needs funding, the less dependent you are on money? What about your lifestyle itself? Doesn’t it needs checking out to see if it is crazy?

What if you need ten bucks a day on marijuana and bagua, rummage the trash for food and shack up in a commune to enjoy nature while I spend a hundred bucks a day on healthy food and a clean apartment in a safe neighborhood?

it is different strokes for different folks sree, that is what i am saying, we all dont need to be high rolling

stock traders living on the 42nd floor drinking a 2,000$ bottle of wine to be content.

i could get by on that amount all year if i wanted. becoz, my currencies are resources and resourcefulness,

creative thinking, understanding.

What makes you think I am a money-splurging stock trader? I can understand why you want to live frugally because that is a spiritual fashion statement you fancy to jazz up your circumstance. Like a tattoo. Good for you. Another person’s tattoo is a Canali suit and a 460 horsepower sportscar. And that takes creative thinking to get too.

People are dependent on money in various degrees: one likes a diamond ring and another a crystal skull. They are both adornments of choice.

the tree of life is a natural thing and it is not traded on the chicago mercantile exchange.

you cant look up a stock quote for it. i am dependent on air and water, and i enjoy cleaner quality of those than you do,

becoz it is different strokes for different folks, you will have to change your outlook, if you truly want to find the Tao of dying.

This nature thing is a mantra. You don’t think wealthy people can be spiritual and like nature too?

one size does not fit all. that type of size doesnt fit most people. the less natural one becomes maybe the more money they need? it is a good arrangement, you hang out with a money tree and i hang out with a tree of life. you dont see that there is a difference. thats why your stuck.

Why do spiritual types look down on wealthy people and regard them as lost souls? On the other hand, rich people are not known to badmouth spiritual people and throughout history have been generous patrons. Why are you such an ingrate, zero?

I must concede that I am stuck in reality. You don't think you are stuck in the tree of life in this reality where money flows?

Edited by sree

yes.. every illness shows up first in our energy field, before it manifests in the physical... wouldnt you know it would have to be that way. I have heard that sometimes cancer cells come and go, too.. they fluctuate as cancer and normalise. Hs pictures of cancer energy were interesting.. there was a Lot/excess of energy there.. but chaotic.

A healer rid me of my cancer in 2009. I actually felt the cancer leave. It was a beautiful experience. It was Life unfolding. The cancer was in my nose and it was if someone had placed a magnet at the spot where it was and pulled it out. Amazing ! I have read that cancer is seen as a dark energy in the energy body, and I'll concur with this as I know from my experience that cancer is an energy form. Could I have been responsible for my cancers due to my thoughts, feelings and emotions - I think so ! Mind is the Builder.

The stuff about ghosts living in their house and seeing the 'present day' occupants as intruders is exactly what I thought/felt was going on, when I was a very young child. Even their furniture was still there, energetically. Really makes sense to me.

Yes ! Totally agree cat. I have walked amongst ghosts who have been blissfully unaware of my presence. Their are many 'realities' co-existing at the one spot - everywhere.

His humour was cheesy, and endearing. (Gentlewind, you spell humor like an american. )

An Englishman is what I am !!! But I do spell like an American on occasion :) !!!

The crystal skull is very intriguing. I had my skull turn to crystal once. I would like to find out about them, but it seems they are a mystery anyhow.

Agreed. I've never really looked into the crystal skulls though.

btw, I think the word 'attitude' can easily imply an egoic stance rather than a full true self inhabitance of integrated wisdom.. words are tricky things and context is all, really.

Again cat - I'll concur with you again.

gentlewind, your videos are a great education. Maybe you could open a pp forum and start your own video thread with all your finds from now on in it!

Glad you enjoy them cat :) !!! And not a bad idea !!!

I've just watched this excellent video cat, you may enJoy :) Not about transition but Life Unfolding. I loved it - apparently !!!

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 1

The people who gave us the Tao Te Ching are also the people who love the tree of money the most.

Is the tree of life also the tree of money? CNY3.gif